Roleplay Forums | Map

This Ain’t a Grave I’m Diggin’
Last week of Early Spring | Mostly Sunny

Pace is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

Oh, but did she feel heavy.

With the sounds of new life tucked back away where Yuna had made her own den, Pace had finally decided on her own spot for whelping.  And she had the urge to dig.  Not that there was much digging to be done in a sandy-bottomed alcove, but it was good enough. It was more cramped than her one last year, but she had a feeling it would be cozy. And she wouldn’t be worried if the pups got out and were in the cavern itself.

It was sheltered and a bit dark, but there wouldn’t be wetness and they were well and back from the tide line.  Far enough from Yuna to give her space, but close enough to feel like neighbors.

So she was flinging some sand, just to make it a little more concave.  She’d pat out the sand and make it as solid as she could so it wouldn’t get into tiny noses… but other than that…

Man, she was so ready to not be pregnant anymore. She swore there was like, six of them in there.  Squirmy little bastards.

Oct 20, 2017 03:49 PM

[ ignore ]
Jote is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Jote Erin

The past few days had seen Jote enjoying her time by the ocean, relishing in all the new sights and smells that had so far been foreign to her. Until now, she never realized there was such a place in the world.

She hadn’t been sure where Zombie had run off to this whole time. Perhaps he was out looking for her after she’d squirmed out from under his nose during his nap time. She figured if he really wanted to find her again then he could easily follow her scent trail, seeing as how she’s stuck by the coast for the past few weeks now. Unless the salt in the air dissipated scents more easily. Was that a thing? Jote didn’t know chemistry.

Now her travels began taking her to the more northern portions of the sandy strip. After trying her paw at fishing with Kaete, she figured she’d take a break before attempting that again. The feeling of salt water burning her eyes out of their sockets wasn’t the most pleasant sensation in the world and she felt like they were still recovering from that episode. So she decided to stroll around instead.

Eventually she carried herself past another cavelike structure and, in pure Jote fashion, she peered her head around the corner to look inside. Because she was nosy like that. And as her orange eyes crept in, they spotted a dark figure inside scooping away sand from the ground. She was digging and Jote’s ears perked up suddenly.

“You need any help?” Her tone was warm and friendly, but she was aware she might’ve been trespassing considering there had been a sudden influx of new scents as of a certain point before the cave. Hopefully this one wouldn’t be too angry about it.

Oct 21, 2017 12:42 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

The call was a surprise, but it didn’t startle Pace, but it did pause her in her digging, and she backed up and peered towards the voice with her head high and her tail lifted—mostly because she had been digging and hadn’t wanted to fling sand all over it.

“Oh!” she said, not recognizing the wolf in the least, but not put off by this.  “I mean, if you want to, sure. I’m just pulling sand out, but if you wanted to like… push the pile I’m making further out so it doesn’t go sliding back in, that’d be swell.”

Proud of a wolf as she was, she saw no harm in taking help. And this lady had offered.

Oct 21, 2017 02:46 PM — Post #2

[ Edited: Oct 21, 2017 08:47 PM by Faolan ]
Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote paused at the entrance to the small cavern, curiosity flashing in her eyes before taking a couple of steps forward as she waited for any type of response from the female.

But when she was greeted with a friendly demeanor, the silver wolf wagged her tail happily and a grin spread across her face as she bounced herself right on in. Her gaze was directed to the pile of sand pushed behind the hole as the dark female spoke and Jote nodded. As she approached, she took note of how…round the female looked. Was she pregnant? As forward as Jote could be, she knew better than to ask random wolves she’d met if they were pregnant. Some weren’t. Some got mad.

So she decided to keep it more casual, just in case. “What’s the hole for?” She took up a position at the sand pile perpendicularly to the other female and used her front paws to begin clawing at the mass and directing it behind her.

Oct 21, 2017 03:35 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

As Pace went back to digging, and friendly stranger went to helping her keep things tidy, she felt quite pleased with herself as her answer was easy and quick. “Puppies.”

Yes, yes, puppies!  Within a few days, she figured.  Brand new little puppies, all cuddled up in this hole she was making. Maybe Shark and Carl would be there this time, just like they had been last time, only so much more giant now. And Vincent…

Yuna.
Eerik.
Bragi (though she felt like surely he had followed after Apollo already…)
Dante and Chai.

Yup. Her friends. They were all welcome this year, so long as they weren’t climbing all over her.  She was glad she had chosen the Cove this time.  Being at home for this was way better than being further down the coast and isolated.

Oct 24, 2017 01:12 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Jote Erin

Much to her speculation, it seemed the stranger was, in fact, expecting soon. Jote’s eyes lit up at the confirmation of puppies, her attention choking the words mentally - so much so that she’d paused in her duty of sweeping the sand piles away and her bright orange eyes stared directly at the side of the stranger’s head.

Jote loved puppies, though if she was being honest she found that sometimes she didn’t know how to talk to them if they weren’t very receptive. But regardless, she loved their typical positive attitudes and imagination for the world. It was very much like herself only they were tiny and adorable.

“Oh, congratulations! I love puppies! When are you expecting??” The enthusiasm was clear in her tone. Quickly she realized that she was boring holes into the female’s skull and went back to work, though now her paws were much more excited and clawed at the gritty pile faster.

Oct 24, 2017 06:39 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

The response had her chuckling, the enthusiasm flattering.  “I dunno. Maybe in a few days. Maybe a little more than that.  Not too long, though.”  The desire to dig was pretty strong, but she didn’t let it take her for long. She was an efficient digger of sand, and she was already nearly done with what she needed. A dip into the cool, damp sand beneath. Just enough to keep week-old puppies from clambering out.

Not a hole to hide in like some mothers made, but Pace wasn’t worried about any of that.

She backed out, shaking her fur to free her belly of sand that speckled it.  Then she began helping the stranger move the pile back so there wasn’t a small mountain to climb over to get to the den.

“Second litter,” she decided to inform, feeling comfortable. “Had a couple last year.  Thinking it’ll be a few more this year.” Because man, seriously. Heavy belly, guys.

“I’m Pace, by the way.”

Oct 26, 2017 02:46 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote hadn’t expected her due date to be so…soon. Usually when she asked that the answer would be months, maybe weeks at the earliest. Her jaw dropped slightly. “I hope you have someone to help you take care of your little guys.” Like a mate, or a pack, or even just a close friend. She guessed a pack, considering the loads of scents around the area. Jote had never had puppies, but she could only imagine the stress and energy involved in raising them.

Then the female stopped digging and started tending to the remainder of Jote’s pile, spraying it to flatten it out against the undisturbed sand around them to blend in and flatten out with it. With the two of them working at it it didn’t take long before the job was finished and Jote took her own turn to shake off whatever grains may have started trying to weasel their way into her coat.

But then she was informed that this would be the stranger’s second litter and realization dawned on her that she was likely more experienced with it than Jote originally thought. “Oh, so you know what you’re doing then,” she stated matter-of-factly and let her orange eyes rove around the cavern.

Her attention turned back when an introduction was made and she smiled. “Jote. Nice to meet ya, Pace. Have you lived here long?”

Oct 26, 2017 07:39 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

“Got plenty,” Pace had said to the comment about having help.  Between Vince and Shark and Carl, Eerik, Bragi, Yuna, Calliope… Well, those were the reliable ones among those she had scented recently, and that was more than enough, you know?

The comment about knowing what she was doing made her chuckle and she sat down to roll some tension out her shoulders with a a flippant, “Little bit.”

“Lived here most my life!” Pace said to Jote, happy as well to have met her. “Give or take a bit of time.  But been ‘round about here official-like for at least a couple of years now.  Set up the Tribe…uhm, hm. Well, I don’t remember how long now.  Least a year.”

Right?

...probably.

Who knew. Pace had a had time keeping track of time. She lived in a day-to-day sort of life.

Oct 29, 2017 10:58 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote was relieved to hear that Pace had the support she needed for when her pups came and smiled as she laughed. Pace was pretty chill, and nice, and seemed pretty damn confident in herself - all qualities Jote generally enjoyed being around.

She listened as Pace gave a very brief history of her time here only to follow it up with the fact that she had “set up” the Tribe. Which meant she was the leader, right? No way! This entire time Jote had been talking to an alpha and didn’t even realize it. Right then she thanked the gods that Pace was kind enough to not be aggressive towards Jote for passing through territory borders.

“Really? That’s a coincidence. I got into a fight and met a guy named Sunfall who told me to come here to find a Yuna or an Astrid to help with my wounds.” Her tone was informative, but not too enthusiastic about actually having fulfilled that task. Her wounds were healed up now, not that they were too terrible to begin with once she got used to the pain. Cleaning it was hard and more painful, but she got the job done in the end.

“So tell me more about the Tribe. If you don’t mind, that is.” She wagged her tail behind her a bit and smiled.

Nov 01, 2017 06:39 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

There was something familiar about the name Sunfall? Maybe? Or maybe her brain was making it up. Either way, she had nothing to say about Sunfall, though she was curious as to why they would direct Jote here specifically. A lot of folks seemed to do that lately. Maybe it was Yuna. Yuna was popular. She deserved that.

“Cool, cool,” she said, apparently not bothered by the idea that Jote had been in a fight. After all, she looked just fine right now! “Yuna is definitely good for that. Been a while since I saw Astrid, though.” 

Curious, but not alarming. It wasn’t the first time.

“You wanna know more, huh?” she said, then dipped her head to groom her leg with a few licks to rid it of some sticking sand before she looked back up, cocking a smile. “Well, I’m the Halcyon around here. Puts me in charge. Second up is my mate, the Sunshine, Vincent. The rest all are like… my kids Shark and Carl and my friends like Yuna, Astrid, Bragi, Eerik, uhh…” Who else were her friends? “Calliope, Mako?” Was Mako still here?

“I dunno, lots of us.  We all pick our own ranks and our own reason for being here, but really mostly we’re just a chill bunch who loves living here, together. Living a good life and keeping the beach safe from punks.”

Easy enough, right?

It was the basic speech anyone got when they asked.

tl;dr: We live on the beach and we don’t like trouble or making a big deal out of things.

Nov 02, 2017 12:18 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Jote Erin

So Jote had come to the right place in search of Yuna and Astrid despite Pace not knowing where Astrid was at the moment. Either way, it was too bad Jote didn’t really need their medical expertise anymore. But on the bright side Pace didn’t seem too alarmed by Jote being in a fight, which meant she wasn’t going to nag her or think she had done something to deserve getting roughed up a bit. She liked that.

Pace moved on to more information about the pack inhabitants and their ranks and rose her eyebrows curiously at the idea of everybody choosing their ranks. That was definitely different and, well, laid back. The only packs Jote had ever known were overly strict and suffocating which were the ultimate reasons for why Jote had avoided packs ever since she set out on her own. She didn’t like the overly complicated rules or restrictions placed upon everyone.

“That’s really cool…” Her voice trailed off in thought as orange eyes looked at the ground for a moment. “Is there anyone you guys are needing or looking for currently?” Was she actually considering asking to be part of the pack? She was surprising herself left and right lately.

Nov 02, 2017 07:17 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

The question raised one brow over a green eyes curiously, and a more thoughtful smile twisted her jaw. “Well, our Brightheart, Calliope. She’s in charge of like, making sure everyone is taken real nice care of.  Feeding wolves who can’t feed themselves, maybe, or making sure everyone is comfortable. Give tours of the place, make it welcoming. You know, nice stuff.”

Like Jote was doing right now, helping Pace out with her den when they didn’t even know each other.

“Could always use someone working with her… if you’re interested. Most wolves start out as Friend around here until I get to know ‘em, but you’ve already proven quite suited for being a helping paw… So, you know.”

Shrug shrug, smile?

Nov 03, 2017 12:01 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote sat comfortably on the warm sand as she listened, tilting her head thoughtfully. Sounded like Calliope had a pretty nice gig and wondered if she had her paws full doing it. It sounded like the Tribe was a fairly large pack, after all, and Jote wouldn’t be surprised if it grew quickly on a weekly basis.

Her eyes lit up and her head snapped straight as Pace straight up asked if she was interested in helping. At first she wasn’t sure, she knew how blunt she could be and sometimes others didn’t like that…But then again, that was really only if others were pissy with her from the getgo.

“So…I would just go around doing what Calliope does?” She could handle that. It would give her a chance at pack life again and live by the beach that she’d recently become so entranced with.

“I’ll do it!”

Nov 05, 2017 10:00 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Pace Aekyr Fao Staff

HELL YEAH, she’d do it!

“Yup! It’s that easy! I mean, really, you do whatever you want as long as you think it’s helpful and nice and whatever shit you’re into.” Yes, Pace, great way of putting it. “So consider yourself official, Jote! Welcome to the tribe. Now you just need to decide what you want your rank to be. It can be… literally whatever you think sounds cool or fun to be called!”

Did she need examples? Pace could give her examples, easy.

Nov 09, 2017 12:14 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Jote Erin

Apparently Jote was now part of the Tribe. She never expected that to happen, but here she was. According to Pace, she’d get to do whatever she wanted as long as it was nice and helpful. That sounded good enough for her.

Orange eyes wandered upwards as she thought about a rank title. Anything she wanted, eh? She pursed her lips in thought. “What about…” she smirked. “Undertow? Or riptide? Or thresher?” She almost cackled. No, Jote. It needed to sound more delicate than that, probably.

Then she was at a loss. Did it need to relate to the ocean? She didn’t really know of any creatures in there besides the ones she learned from Kaete - shark and crab. Those didn’t sound…good for a name, though.

“I don’t really know…” she finally admitted.

Nov 09, 2017 12:22 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.