Roleplay Forums | Map

I’m Frickin Back In This Frickin Godforsaken Snowy Wasteland Dumpfest Again

Vandal is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal stepped out onto the hilly lands, scanning the countryside for some food. Maybe…nope. None. Nadda. The large white wolf stared off into the distant mountains with a sigh, maybe those frosty peaks would hold a better fortune. But for now, Vandal had to just keep walking. As always.

Sep 16, 2015 09:17 PM

[ ignore ]
Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

(I’m just gonna have Ryd’s first post here, and also just gonna c/p my joining board post here 8D Imagining her as quite some distance out of sight from him at the start. Also ignore her eyes in the pic, I just haven’t edited it yet.)

Ryd howled into the air, her voice carrying the varying notes long and languorously far into the winter air. She was not howling for any particular reason; it was no call to anyone, nor a cry for help, nor even sheer boredom. Neither of those. The petite female was howling her song for her own pleasure, filling the still winter world with her echoing voice. She rather loved the sound and sensation of howling, whether it was her own voice alone or in a chorus of others.

Of course, she was not stupid - she could smell that this valley was thick with the scents of many wolves, and it was a clear haven here from the harsh unforgiving desert she had traversed only a few days ago. If not for the trees now in view, she would not even have realized she had escaped it, for the snow everywhere. It seemed this past winter had been thick with snow, and this area had not been spared. Her expressive grey-blue eyes opened as the echoes of the last howl she’d let loose faded out, ears swiveling for the sounds of any others’ response or approach. She often found that as personal as her howling was, it always seemed to attract other, more quiet loners.

Sep 19, 2015 06:59 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal stopped dead in his tracks as a howl pierced the frosty night air, carrying its eerie, melodic tone through the hills. The large white male swiveled his ears to pinpoint the exact location of the howl. Gotcha. Maybe this wolf had food. Food food food. That’s what was on Vandal’s mind for a while now, due to him not having a bite to eat in almost two days. Nevermind that. Vandal crouched low to the ground, his belly touching the snow. He winced as he put more pressure on his injured leg than he wanted to. He the caught a glimpse of the soloist. He kept creeping until he was almost ten feet away from her. His dark brown eyes glinting in the moonlight. “Well well, seems somebody has been calling for trouble.” The larger wolf said, drawing himself up to his full height.

Sep 19, 2015 09:06 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Her large ears caught the sound of his paws padding lightly through the hardened snow, and she turned to face him just as he menacingly greeted her. A scoff, and a half smirk was her answer at first, looking him over in the light of the twinkling stars and moon. “And who would that be, big guy? You?” Ryd fired back, tone dripping with mirth. Still, she rose to her own height, her fluffy fur ruffling proudly in the valley breeze, even as she stood overall shorter and leaner than he. She took the liberty of walking a half-circle around him to size him up, but maintaining the same distance.

Sep 19, 2015 09:16 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal raised an eyebrow while sporting a sly grin on his lips. “I could be.” The large white male said a with snarky ring to his gravely voice. He watched her circling him, inspecting her as she did him. Hmm…she seems like someone who’d fit right in if she had a bit of….training. Vandal stood calmly while the standoff countined. The night was crisp and cold, and almost no sound seemed to permeate the silence other than the voices of the two wolves. “Man, you remind me of Kiirta.” Vandal wasn’t lying, the she-wolf held close physical and personality similarities to his deceased mate. With her small size, dappled coat and spunky attitude.

Sep 19, 2015 09:30 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She laughed challengingly at his answer, but not dismissively. He looked like he’d gotten into a few scrapes recently, and she was sure from his demeanor that aggression might have been a habit with him. A skilled fighter? Perhaps. He made another comment, and her ears perked full on forward, brow quirking. “No idea who that might be, Big Guy,” she answered in velvety tones. “For what it’s worth, you remind me of no one in particular.” Actually, he reminded her of her dead brother, but that was unfair to say, given that she knew absolutely nothing about him.

Sep 19, 2015 09:37 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal took a step closer to the she-wolf. He wasn’t one to be overly cautious. Vandal had been desensitized over the years of banditry. Stepping up to wolves and talking to them was easy for Vandal. The large white wolf flicked his ears. “The name’s Vandal, excuse me for not telling you earlier, babe. Oh, and I was talking about my dead mate. Creepy, huh?” Vandal said with a witty smile. He began to relax a bit more, his shoulders loosening.

Sep 19, 2015 09:43 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Ryd Hal

He took a step closer, and she took an easy step away, retaining the same distance they had started with. Strangers were strangers, at least for a while, and Ryd was healthily skeptical of all strangers, especially males who called her ‘babe’ and equated her with dead mates. “Oh? Not at all,” Was her response, the question rising for him as an invite to say more. Interesting that they both called to mind dead relations for the other. “Well hello, Vandal. I am Ryd.” She added, being careful to mind her manners.

(pronounced as “Reed” with a little roll to the R :D)

Sep 19, 2015 09:52 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal dipped his head respectfully. “Hello Ryd. By the way, have any buddies around? Some fucker in the woods up north tried to trick me. Saying he’d team up, but that slimy rat told his beloved pack alllll about me.” Vandal growled. His lips quivering as they wanted to form a snarl at the mention of Azazel. He sighed, scenting the air around Ryd, she didn’t seem to be around others. Good.

Sep 19, 2015 09:58 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Ah, now he was being respectful, though the next words from his maw meant he was indeed quite the aggressor. Her tail waved once as she processed his story, and then she shrugged. “Nope, I’m solo. What do you mean, ‘team up’?” The enigmatic way he spoke about this ‘rat’ suggested their plans might have been less than savory for the pack in question, but she held her tongue long enough to allow him the chance to explain.

Sep 19, 2015 10:04 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal was suspicious for a moment, that was basically what Azazel had said to him before he snitched on Vandal. The white wolf straightened himself out and shook out his thick pelt. His eyes then darted back to the she-wolf, Ryd. But with the way she spoke, it seemed almost certain to Vandal that Ryd was telling the truth. He could trust her. For now. “I’m thinking about creating a pack. Simple as that, hun.”

Sep 19, 2015 10:10 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Ryd nodded in understanding - at least about what had been revealed to her. So Vandal had met another male, they agreed to start a pack together, but it turned out his business partner was already in a pack and reported Vandal’s existence to them? “Rough turn of events, there, bud,” she sympathized, her tone neutral. For her part, she wasn’t looking to start a pack or anything, but she could sympathize with the need. Eyes flicked to the wounds on his leg that she had noticed previously. “Is that what that was all about?”

Sep 19, 2015 10:15 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal, took a seat. He was not a generally cautious wolf. Be that good or bad. “Yeah. Someday I’m gonna come back slaughter that bastard like a newborn rabbit when my wounds aren’t feeling like crap.” He looked to his gashes when Ryd pointed his injured leg out. “Ah, ran into two pretty tough females when I entered the valley. They gave we quite the walloping.” Vandal said in his deep voice, chuckling. “Can’t win every fight…” He looked up at the stars. How brilliant they were tonight. He then looked down at Ryd, she looked brilliant tonight. Vandal didn’t know if it was hormones from mating season or longing for his mate or maybe even something else, but he shook those thoughts away.

Sep 19, 2015 10:25 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Ryd Hal

His declaration did not perturb her; she figured it was only natural that he want to take his revenge, but she was neither about to go cheer him on nor talk him down from it. After all, she’d only just met the guy, and had no stake in any of this drama. “Good luck,” Ryd answered, ever courteous, remaining standing. But her ears perked at his mention of the females that had attacked him. Now that was intriguing, and perhaps something worth checking out. Ryd was young, and though she could muster the aggression if needed, she was not a very experienced fighter. “Hopefully it’ll heal soon. Where were these females…?” she let the question trail, hoping he’d answer. A strange look had come upon his face just then, and then he shook his head violently, as if fighting a thought. What was that about?

Sep 19, 2015 10:39 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Vandal Lord Nugget

Vandal set a serious expression back onto his face. Now what was that all about, Vandal? He looked around, him because something small had cracked a twig nearby. Possibly a rabbit. Shifting his attention back to Ryd, he answered. “The two hags didn’t give their names, but they lived in the cliffs to the northeast.” Vandal said, motioning his head towards the distant white peaks.

Sep 19, 2015 10:46 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Her gaze traveled to where he indicated, making a mental note to head there at some point, but right now she was suddenly highly concerned with the sound of the twig snap. Food? She wouldn’t mind a snack, and this poor guy didn’t look like he could do much on his own. Maybe she could hunt it down and give him some for the journey to… wherever he might be going.

Silently she assumed hunting posture, not motioning for him to join her in any way, and crept towards the sound of the twig snap. A long white ear twitched in fear, revealing the target: rabbit. The she wolf held posture, paw lifted in mid-stalk, but an absolute statue.

(Your choice if you want Vandal to join, but since he’s injured she could just try to nab it in the next post.)

Sep 19, 2015 10:54 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.