Roleplay Forums | Map

like the first time on a ferris wheel
coastside near firefly // high noon, sun is shining // Full Spring // 50 degrees

Kumar is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kumar J

Like hair upon the scalp, sprouts of beach planets clustered near, yet not too far from the reach of the grabbing waves. And cradling between the spiky arms, Kumar trotted. Lifting with his head held high, a content looked kissed his face. The ocean’s whispers comforted him like a mother’s touch to an upset child.

Wiggling his tail confidently behind him, his long blonde legs began to ease into a lope.

It felt right. The way his heavy paws planted into the malleable, easily spread sand.

As old as the ocean was, it was young and playful to Kumar. Skirting to closer to the coy waves, his large frame recoiled from it’s ticklishly cold touch, only for him to return to it, flirting.

Sand flew up behind him, wet and dry alike, muddy clops of it landed with an invisible shimmer or a blop.

It sucked that he had failed the hunt, but everyone did something…. Running around the coast got his blood pumping, it made him feel good, feel proud of who he was.

Daniel, Damien, and Komet were most likely around, but for now, it was about him, skirting into the plants only to wrap around and dash back to the shore, a game of tag all to himself….

Nov 08, 2017 07:27 PM

[ ignore ]
Jote is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Jote Erin

Now that Jote was officially part of the Tribe, she felt a newfound sense of duty to actually participate as a pack member. Since she wasn’t fully acquainted with the surrounding areas of the cove, her first course of action would be to get to know the outskirts of where she’d be living.

Her long legs carried her up the beach, the drier sand making it more difficult for her normally lithe movements to amble through. So, she started bouncing closer to the waves until her paws just barely whisked across the water that inched its way onto the wet sand.

She’d traveled surprisingly far for how short of a time it felt she’d spent doing so, but she could eventually see trees in the distance. And then she saw a figure running around like a maniac between the water and the shrubbery on the opposite side of the sand from the ocean.

Naturally, she curiously began trotting over to the wolf. They looked like fun.

Nov 09, 2017 01:33 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kumar J

The beach was just as good as it was where he grew up.

Though, there were slight differences.

For one! THERE WERE MORE TINY HOLES IN THE GROUND!

Each passing returning wave, tiny pores in the sand would bubble and baby shells would crawl out and scatter momentarily before flipping vertical and burying back into the sand.

Kumar, truly, did not understand why. Lifting his heavy paws up into the air, he reared back, only to smash his front paws heavily into the wet sand. All he got was an angry gurgle from the sand! Lowering his nose to the beach, he sniffed around, the little icy water waves coming up behind him and wetting his ankles.

////
I am not sure if the pacific ocean has these little guys, but they are on the Atlantic beach. I tried to find the name for them but… I just found a lot of bigger scarier crabs.

Nov 10, 2017 10:49 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Jote Erin

The embers laying in her orange eyes began to flicker the closer she got to the stranger, purely out of intrigue and excitement of meeting someone new. She watched as he started pouncing at the sand, though she couldn’t see what he was pouncing at exactly. A pleasant smile hugged her face as she approached.

Her steps were muffled by the sand, save for a few light taps here and there when the water pushed up below her steps. When she was within acoustic range of the stranger, she stopped trotting and stood there watching him curiously. A head tilt was made every now and then when she didn’t see anything on the sandy ground that he was aiming for.

“Whatcha doin’? She said suddenly, but her tone was calm. Eventually she sat her butt nice and cozy on the ground, not bothering to wrap her tail gracefully around her. Instead, it straggled out to the side lazily.

|| I know exactly what you’re talking about, no worries (: ||

Nov 10, 2017 07:25 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Kumar J

A FRIEND WAS HERE!

Inhaling deeply, his rather large head jolted in the direction of the female.

“Okay,” he calmed himself, his caramel gaze faltering back to the sand shells,“so like, there are these crabs when they waves go away, and I am just so!” Kumar struggled with his words, overjoyed with curiosity.

Stepping toward her, with his eyes trained to the ground, his long plush tail wiggled happily.

“So these bubbles! They have little shell creatures! And usually where I am from, there aren’t a lot, but here! Oh my goooooooooodness! There are so many and I want to see one before it disappears in the water. So I banged on the sand, but then it exploded….and I accidentally smushed some!”

Kumar took another deep inhale, his head whipped back up to additionally researcher,“You know? I don’t think smushing them is a good idea anymore, but I just haven’t seen as many, you know?”

His caramel eyes searched for her confirmation.

Nov 12, 2017 12:55 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Jote Erin

Being bombarded by a reaction she wasn’t expecting at all, Jote blinked silently at the male several times. He was going on about…crabs? And bubbles? Her head cocked to the side as she tried to make sense of what he was saying. She was still new to all the sea-dwelling creatures and stuff, after all.

Her brows knitted together when he mentioned accidentally smooshing some. “Well don’t kill them!” She protested prematurely, before realizing he wasn’t going to do it anymore. Then her expression turned more casual and she pursed her lips together awkwardly.

Stricken with renewed vigor and curiosity, Jote’s gaze immediately fell to the ground to search for what the heck he was talking about. In her immediate vicinity she saw nothing. But prancing a few feet further she started seeing little sandy bubbles and her ears shot up and tail started wagging.

“Is this one?!” Her voice squeaked and she slammed her chest down to the ground with her butt wiggling in the air. She wanted to use her nose to touch it ever so gently. After seeing such a thing, she understood the intense desire to smoosh it. But, she summoned every ounce of willpower not to. At least, not yet.

“It looks so weird…”

Nov 12, 2017 04:57 PM — Post #5

[ Edited: Nov 12, 2017 04:59 PM by Jote ]
Name Player
Kumar J

At first, she almost looked like she would back out, and Kumar put on a little pout, until she actually did step forward curious.

Once she hit the sand, Kumar bent down close, taking her question to heart.

“I believe…” Kumar strained to see, but then those little bubbles came and a little crab shell backed out.

“It does look so weird.” He said as he leaned forward, parting his lips delicately in an attempt to pick it up by the nubs of his front teeth.

Nov 15, 2017 04:01 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote blinked at the phenomenon, her attention unwavering even when the male crouched down. She’d never seen anything like it before. But, then again, she’d never seen anything like the beach at first, either.

A crab popped out and Jote’s head jerked back, ears cupped forward, and orange eyes trailed it as it moved around quickly. Then the male’s snout came into view and the silver girl watched with intense curiosity as he attempted to pick the creature up. Her neck craned forward, eyes narrowing to focus more on the crab to examine it.

Then, randomly, she thought about sharks. “Have you ever seen a shark?” It was a question she was dying to be met with a ‘yes’ by somebody. Ever since Kaete briefly described them to her, she’d wanted nothing more than to see one for her own eyes.

Nov 17, 2017 02:08 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Kumar J

The tiny baby shell did not fit very well into the clenched, timid front teeth of Kumar. Briefly, he had a good grasp, but it fell at the moment she spoke.

“Sharks!” Kumar declared very loudly, his head jerking upwards.

“Sharks!” He said again as if reconfirming the declaration.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh.” Kumar spat, throwing his head back in a fit.

“Sharks? Maybe my pack had a different word for them?” He looked at the girl very unsure!

Nov 18, 2017 02:10 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Jote Erin

|| omg kumar xDD ||

Her eyes grew slightly more wide while watching the male’s reaction. At first it seemed he knew exactly what she was referring to, but then…he didn’t actually know? There was a moment of silence while she tried to process what she’d just seen, her head rolling off of her neck a bit.

“Uhm…” she started, clearing her throat awkwardly when she suspected he was done doing whatever that was.

“Yeah, so like, it’s apparently some big thing in the water with a fin that sticks out of it and can eat a wolf,” she spoke nonchalantly, as if she’d already forgotten about the male’s reaction.

“It sounds really cool and I want to see one.” Did that make her twisted? Maybe. But that made sense. Jote had a bit of a twisted personality and humor.

Nov 18, 2017 05:27 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kumar J

“Eat a wolf!” Kumar shouted in the same manner he had when discussing sharks, swinging his head back.

He looked directly at the cooing waves. “Are you saying that they can do tricks in the water and eat wolves?” Kumar closed his mouth because it had fallen to open. He had swam in the water.

What.

What in the world.

This coast was very much different from his home. Here there were the cute little bubble shells and in the ocean they had wolves of the ocean that ate wolves! His sister had sworn that she licked one as a pup! And the woman before him wanted to most likely lick it too!

Kumar did not understand girls!

“Are you going to fight or lick it?” Kumar questioned, his wide eyes and frazzled expression turning back to her.

Nov 19, 2017 04:50 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Jote Erin

The male reacted again to her description, but after already having witnessed it before, this time she wasn’t taken aback nearly as much. She was glad he was as enthusiastic as he was, though.

Sharks could do tricks? “What kind of tricks?” She hadn’t thought about what they could do besides eat wolves and swim.

Then he asked her a peculiar question, but instead of looking confused by it she turned thoughtful and orange eyes drifted out to sea for a moment. “Probably fight it. If it tastes anything like the water does, then no thank you, she said, reflecting on her recent memory of her eyes being burned out of their sockets by the water and simultaneously, accidentally guzzling down salt water in the process of retreating from it.

“Who are you, anyway? And what brought you out here in the first place?” Maybe he’d just come for the bubble things. She wouldn’t blame him for that.

Nov 20, 2017 08:10 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Kumar J

“Wellllll,” he accentuated,“sometimes they jump in the air! and sometimes they do it with all their friends.”

Kumar smiled warmly, also turning his gaze out to the waves. Fuzzy, thoughtful feelings washed over him.

“They work together like friends do when they hunt bigger creatures. I usually prefer just fish, but my friends and I—oh!—my name is Kumar!”

With a missing a beat,“But anyway, my friends and I, we hunted down this thing called a horse. It was crazy. Sadly, I didn’t get to do anything, which I actually don’t mind, but Daniel, Damien, and Komet, now, they did a lot.”

Kumar’s ears pivoted back,“I just don’t understand how they could act so calmly, ya know? Fish are easy and not messy.” He blinked away the salty breeze from his wet caramel eyes.

Nov 21, 2017 01:36 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Jote Erin

At his explanation, all Jote could picture were wolves with attached fins…jumping out of the water spastically. Aside from the fin, she had no idea what a shark actually looked like. Hopefully it was cooler than wolf-fish.

Then there was a name drop and Jote wagged her tail at it briefly before he continued his tangent. Soon they went from sharks to horses and Jote tried to keep up every step of the way, but then names started adding in and she found herself getting lost.

“Nobody died?” From the horse hunt. It didn’t sound like anybody had died, but horses were strong and unpredictable. Way stronger and more unpredictable than deer.

Then her features lit up. He talked about fish like he knew his way around them. “OH. Do you know how to fish?? Can you teach me?” Her legs had her bouncing in place excitedly. She really wanted to learn, but last time she tried she almost went blind.

Nov 21, 2017 04:33 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Kumar J

Kumar’s eyes bulged. Nobody died!? He could of died! Daniel could of died! Damien could of died! Komet could of died! And Daniel took the first move like a pro, with no worries.

“Maybe I’m dead…” He stared at the woman intensely, before obviously giving a little giggle. Of course, it was all very serious. Kumar would remember her reaction. They had been safe that time… it didn’t mean they would be able to do it again.

“I grew up fishing! It is honestly the best way to eat! Nobody gets hurt or even thinks that they have a chance to die! You only ever get salt water up your nose, but lemme tell ya, you’ll get used to it.”

Kumar’s head poked upwards, as if he wasn’t already tall enough, he scanned for the perfect fishing spot. “I can teach you, of course! I have no doubt that you’ll do great! But, not every time is success!” He didn’t want her to get all disappointed for his teaching, especially since he failed at the hunt.

Nov 22, 2017 03:28 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Jote Erin

Jote had never thought about what it’d be like to interact with a ghost. So, rather than getting freaked out or confused by his statement of being dead, she regarded him with eyes full of curiosity as she actually entertained the idea in her mind.

But then the enthusiasm that followed had her thoughts shattering and being immediately replaced by her own excitement.

Her ears perked up again and she grinned brightly, wagging her tail all the while. “Really?? Like, you can teach me in a way that won’t make me lose my eyeballs?”

Heck yeah.

Nov 24, 2017 08:02 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.