Roleplay Forums | Map

Everything the Light Touches
[summons] Bringing the puppers outside | light rain

Nima is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

This was probably not the ideal weather for taking the little ones outside, but if Nima waited until it stopped raining, she’d likely miss the entire spring.

Besides: She needed this. She needed a welcome distraction, something to keep her mind out of the dark places. Something pure.

Kopec was well acquainted with the outdoors, but now—at a month old—it was time for the others to get a small taste of that freedom as well. They were old enough to start learning how to mind. They would, soon enough, unnervingly soon, be old enough to play by themselves.

That thought was freeing and terrifying at the same time.

Nima had not been such an active parent with Elliot. By this age, he was already spending more time with Naomi than her, and the trend had only worsened as she’d grown into more responsibility with the gang. It was something she wanted to do differently this time, in the face of everything. Despite everything, she wanted—she needed—to play a more active role in the lives of her children.

And so she would take them outside, and let them get a glimpse at the sun, and a breath of the outdoor air, and begin to learn about boundaries.

Crawling out the cave’s side entrance, she poked her head back in and called for the babies.

Nov 12, 2017 02:09 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

The mountains had called to him, and so Benny had spent the last few days climbing up the slopes into a place that reminded him greatly of his old home. He had always lived in mountains. Really, if his sister had come this way too, didn’t it make sense that she’d be in the mountains as well?

He’d followed a river here, all the way up to a nice little lake. A lake that smelled like a whole bunch of wolves. Did a pack live here? Benny let his nose lead him about. He was a good hunter after all, he could sniff down some other wolves. The rain didn’t bother him too much in his sniffing. He stopped to shake his coat whenever it felt too damp and had to concentrate extra to sort out the wet earth scent from the other more intriguing smells here.

Benvolio hummed loudly while he walked, sticking his nose down near rocks and bushes as he came across particularly interesting smelling places. Benny kept his nose close to the ground, letting the rest of himself follow where these scents sent him. His eyes paid little attention to anything that wasn’t directly in front of him. But the smells were getting more and more interesting, so Benny’s footsteps and his humming picked up their pace. What was up here? It smelled like interesting things. Interesting wolves. Benny wanted to know.

Benny was oblivious to the large female ahead, though his nose was leading him in her direction.

Nov 12, 2017 02:39 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts otm profile

All the child felt was warmth, it was extreme and it was dark, and bright yellow eyes periodically peered around from the nook of the sibling’s neck to the world that kept her contained. When her mother called, she couldn’t help but unceremoniously crawl across her siblings and into the ground that only before touched her back paws caused from her rest. The ground was cold, not warm like Mama. Immediately, she retracted her front left paw before placing it back down. She gave a loud huff in frustration - because nothing could greet her so rudely - before she turned to heed the call of her mother. The cold ultimately forgotten, she whapped her tail, rudely slapping against her siblings before she hobbled across the cave towards Nima.

She had practiced her balance and it was showing.

“Mama,” She greeted, excitedly, coming up in front of her and looking up expectantly. What have you called us, the council of puppies, for? More importantly, why were they outside and why wasn’t she being reprimanded for touching foot with the ground without supervision?

This was nuts.

Nov 13, 2017 05:13 PM — Post #2

Tychus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tychus Daniels Bamsy

A deep sleeper, Tychus did not wake at the call, but at the weight of his sister putting one paw into his belly.  The chubby grub grumbled his way awake.

By the time Kopec was on her way out, Tych had figured out Mother was out there and was blinking owlishly at the light.  No, he was pretty sure he lived in the cave.  Rolled back on his haunches, he coughed back at her, staying put as the devil while he figured things out.

Nov 14, 2017 04:19 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

“What, Kopec?” Nima laughed. “You only wish for freedom when it comes from your own will?”

She stood at the doorway, waiting for the others to emerge, if they felt so bold, and enjoying what ambient sunshine she could from the cloudy, drizzling weather. She ducked a head to nuzzle affectionately at Tychus, gently nudging him forward. “Go on, Tych. Go explore. Ask your sister about it, she’s the expert.”

An ear flicked, and she lifted her head then, sniffing. It was not clear, with the damp weather lately suppressing her senses, but she thought that perhaps there was an unusual scent on the wind.

She took a tentative step forward, head lifted high.

Nov 14, 2017 02:09 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny hummed, and Benny walked. This whole place was new, but he had high hopes for it being interesting still. He rounded a particularly large shrub and finally the scent he had been following was no longer just from the dirt and rocks, but was in the wind. His nose lifted up and brought his eyes onto a big, timber colored wolf.

His mind screamed ‘Perdita!’ at the coloring of her fur, but his mouth kept it in this time - hadn’t turned out super great in the dessert - but his eyes clearly lit up in excitement for a moment before he could reign everything back in with the knowledge that he didn’t know this wolf.

“Ah-ha! I knew I smelled something this way.” He gave a little shake to his shoulders and his tail wagged, proud of himself for sniffing down this wolf. This very, very large lady wolf. Like…“Wow, you’re big,” he said a bit dumbfounded. A pretty lady wolf though. She was nice dark timber colors. Benvolio smiled as charmingly as he could at her.

It took a moment before he blinked, looked about and sniffed the air again. “Sorry, do you live here? Does this lake belong to a pack? I sorta smelled a bunch of wolves, but I wasn’t sure, and I didn’t see anyone about. Well, until I saw you now.” Benny rambled through his questions and statements quickly before looking back at her expectantly.

Nov 14, 2017 06:44 PM — Post #5

Naga is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Naga Lexo

Nanga was late to everything and it wasn’t until the boy rolled onto his back and away from her that she woke up and realized a thing was happening. Thanks, bro, for taking all rude hits from the girl.

Rowling raspily, she rolled to her side herself, utterly unimpressed by all the chatter.

“Nnnnnn-go.”

What. Was that a word that wasn’t Meema.

Nov 15, 2017 05:30 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)

She had no idea what those words meant, all clumped together like that but she decided to pick them apart. And then there was a cough and her head almost flew off her body by how fast she looked back at Tychs. Did he cough at her? How rude! The thought of picking apart the words and trying to understand the definition now behind her, she gave a small little huff and walked back towards him. Tail high in the air, the babe toddled over and pressed her puppy fat against him. He was taller than her by a few inches. This was outrageous. She needed to see everything and if she wasn’t the tallest, she couldn’t. This was blasphemy and another word for maddening!

Bluish yellow eyes darted to Nana and literally rolled her eyes as she turned over. “Nana, up, up!” She called before there was an unknown voice. A loud gasp fell out of her mouth before she scampered off to the direction that it came from. So much new stuff, just for her! Was this another she had yet to meet!? Tail flagging behind her, she ran up to Mama before going beneath her tail and then between her legs before she was positioned just under the center of her stomach.

She uttered a loud, booming “Who.” that shook nations and brought intimidation to everyone.

Nov 15, 2017 04:19 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Tychus Daniels Bamsy

Tychus accepted this fate, His Wormliness holding still and blinking over his sister’s head as she jostled him.

Then, as always, she was gone, and he turned to blink at Naga instead.  So many noisemakers in this family.  Tych didn’t get it.

Nov 16, 2017 01:21 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

Nima tensed at the approach of another when her pups were here, at risk. Her lips curled up in a defensive warning snarl, an expression that said ‘back it up, that’s close enough.’

The male was foreign to her but seemed friendly enough. Perhaps a bit dumb.

Yes, indeed, she was a big wolf.

”It’s from eating trespassers,” she replied, dryly. Then, taking a step forward. ”You stand at the Hellmaw Empire. I am Empress Nima. Who are you and what is your business here?”

Nov 17, 2017 11:33 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny heard tiny voices the same time he saw the snarl the big lady was giving him. Benny’s tail immediately fell and the little wolf took a few quick steps backwards. So pups were the interesting smell that he had smelled here. Well, Benny was a good boy, yes he was, no danger to pups here.

“Hello miss, Empress Nima, ma’am,” he replied quickly, a little, hopefully smile returning to his face. “Are you empress of the whole mountains?” He asked curiously, eyebrows raised and eyes widened slightly. Benny wanted to learn how someone became ‘Empress’ of something. Benny wanted to be empress - wait…that wasn’t the right word…emperor, that was the right word! “My name’s Benvolio, but everyone calls me Benny. Well, my mom and sister called me Benny.” Benny always repeated this phrase when he introduced himself.

The appearance of a tiny black fuzzball between - presumably - it’s mothers legs distracted the small wolf from his otherwise serious conversation. Benny was right that this was an interesting place when the pup demanded who he was. He couldn’t just not answer a question. “Who am I? Who are you?!” With ‘you’ he lifted the pitch of his voice greatly up into a silly tone as he replied to the pup.

Oh right. Empress Nima had asked why he was here. He looked back up at her again. “I was looking for my sister, Perdita, as we’ve been separated. I just sort of sniffed my way here.” Benny followed his nose a lot of places. “It smells very interesting in these mountains, and I like mountains, so I figured I’d check for my sister here and see if she’d passed by or something. It sounds like you’re very busy here with your empire, miss Empress Nima, but I was just curious and followed my nose.” Benny rambled, and his tail picked up a little wag as he spoke, talking always made him happy.

Nov 17, 2017 07:13 PM — Post #10

Naga is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Naga Lexo

Yo, bro, frankly, she didn’t get it either. Stubbornly, she burrowed towards him, looking for the safety of not having to like. Deal with this. Please. Make it stopppp.

Meema was talking big, and she knew better than to go hopping around.

(bleh, I’m really sorry guys, please please please skip her in group things like this because she’s very stubborn about being a warm potato unless she’s getting attention she likes.)

Nov 20, 2017 10:31 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

He was…a chatty thing. Friendly. Probably an idiot. He reminded her a bit of Wintermute, but without the charm.

Still, at least he knew how to flatter her. That was valuable in its own right.

“Empress of the Mountain, indeed,” she agreed, with a faint smirk. She adjusted a paw, eager to catch Kopec before the girl tried to make a run for it to visit this strange male. “I have not seen your sister.”

She hoped. There had been two female intruders here, both of whom had been dealt with as intruders should be.

Hopefully neither of them had been named Perdita.

“At the foot of the mountain, north of here, you will find another pack. Perhaps that will give you better luck.”

Get on, boy. If you have nothing of value to provide, be on your way.

Nov 20, 2017 04:01 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)

Her eyes narrowed at the tiny big male that stood in front of her. But in front of Mama. But he was still in front of her since she was underneath her tail. For once she would not run out to greet the stranger because with her small sniffer, he didn’t smell like all the other Big’s that made their home here. But at least he gave her the respect of answering her. But not in the way she would of liked. Puffing out her chest proudly, fluffing up her fur and standing as tall as she possibly could, she responded with enthusiasm- albeit not as much as his. “Oopec.”

Nov 20, 2017 08:21 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

At least she didn’t reply about eating anyone this time. Empress of the whole mountains. “That’s very impressive,” he said with a slight bow to his head. He was being completely genuine. Benny didn’t know any better. She was nice enough to say she hadn’t seen his sister either, and if she was in charge of all of the mountains, surely she would have known if Perdy had come this way.

Miss Nima was even nice enough to suggest another place to visit. “Mountains, north, pack,” Benny repeated. right! Benny had places to be in that case. “Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll go look for her.” Benny stuck out his tongue to wiggle in a silly manner at the black pup. She was cute - he wished he could have stayed and played with her.

“Good luck with your mountains miss Empress Nima!” Benny spun on the spot and loped back off the way he had come.

He had been thoroughly impressed with miss Nima. She seemed so smart, and nice, and important. Benny wanted to have an empire in the mountains! Maybe when Benny found Perdy they could come back and visit miss Nima.

[Exit]

Nov 20, 2017 09:30 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Tychus Daniels Bamsy

Tychus mouthed his sister’s head companionably, already settling back into a nap.  Whatever was going on outside was apparently not a Tychus thing.

| skippable unless Nima starts calling again

Nov 21, 2017 04:24 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.