Roleplay Forums | Map

Messenger
[summons] Backdated to afternoon of 'Ambassador ', Searching for Wintermute

Caspian-Inactive is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Caspian-Inactive Chris Staff

Caspian was not really one to follow his nose. He instead scanned visually for any unfamiliar faces as he strode around the Hollow, relaxed but attentive to his surroundings. He was concerned about the upcoming meeting with Nima, the worry reflecting on his face, ever ready to show any trace of uncertainty.

He needed to find out how long it would take to reach the mountains, of course skirting the stone hills so there would be no potential for conflict with Elliot. Then he would know how long he had before he could be there and back - he did not wish to miss the birth of his own children. Not that it was something he could accurately predict, and he knew the folly of leaving when the pups could well be earlier than Catrine anticipated. But this was his job, as a Seeker, and he knew how important it was to solidify alliances and plans about what to do about the danger in the south.

“Wintermute…?” He called after a few more minutes of worry.

Nov 13, 2017 04:45 AM

[ ignore ]
Wintermute is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Wintermute Raylee

His stay with the Sanctuary was quite comfortable and pleasantly uneventful. It did a wolf well to settle and lay low for a few days, especially in the midst of a length journey. He’d settled on the fringes of their land, but not before venturing through the whole of it. It was nice, of not a bit exposed. Their cache was plentiful, but he only did take a few small morsels for himself. If this pack was to be in good graces with the Empire, he saw it best not to over indulge in their hospitality.

It was a stranger’s voice that called his name. A male’s. Wintermute’s head peeked from over the bushes he’d settled to groom himself amidst. A white male; though he was not completely surprised by this. It seemed every member of the Sanctuary sported a coat similar to his. If he had not been already pledged to the Empire, he may have found he fit in here nicely.

“Here, good sir.” Wintermute called as he rose to meet the male. This would be his companion, then? Perhaps it was Nanook, whom was the leader.

Nov 13, 2017 11:46 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Caspian was not the sort to let suspense build.

Hearing the reply he adjusted his angle and approached. Another white wolf - some nights he dreamed he was back at home, honestly. His head dipped politely.

“Good afternoon, Wintermute, is it? I am Caspian, Seeker of the Hillside Sanctuary.” He introduced himself. “And one of those accompanying you to the mountains, if you are willing.”

Nov 13, 2017 02:53 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Wintermute Raylee

The male made haste in approaching, and Wintermute saw to it that he was greeted with a friendly nod. “Yes, greetings.” He said in an undertone as the male made his introduction. Caspian, a Seeker; though Wintermute was not quite sure was a Seeker did; who would be accompanying him.

“One? There will be multiple, then? I am most certainly willing. Though it will pain me to leave your most beautiful home.”

Nov 15, 2017 09:37 PM — Post #3

Name Player

The compliment put him more at ease. This well-spoken white male did seemed polite, but not insincere.

“Well, if things go well we will always welcome back those who come in friendship.” He replied, a touch cautiously. “There are three including myself who wish to accompany you if you are willing. My adoptive son Albus and young Senna, who has an interest in learning the truth as she spent some time with Elliot.” He paused, eyes the other male carefully. “Tell me Wintermute, have you met the supposed King of the stone hills yourself?”

Nov 16, 2017 06:12 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Wintermute Raylee

True words. He would not have liked to assume for Nima, but he could only think the same sentiment would be said about the Sanctuary visiting the mountains. It would be Caspian, then, and Albus. The stuttering boy. Nervous as he was, he had seemed key in the whole story, having been attacked by Elliot. As for the girl, Senna, Wintermute was most certainly intrigued by her. She had spent a period of time living with the King.

“I have not, no. I am only a messenger for Nima. Though I do think I might like to, when the time comes. If only for observation. As for the other two, I will be happy for their company.”

Nov 16, 2017 09:22 AM — Post #5

Name Player

So Wintnermute was strictly an envoy - not another opinion he could count on who had met Elliot. Caspian flicked his ears thoughtfully but merely nodded.

The other male struck him, well, as much like himself. Perhaps more of an intellectual than a fighter. And yet, when he had seen Albus in danger, he had not hesitated.

“Very well. If you are willing to meet them now, we can be on our way tomorrow of everybody is in agreement?”

Nov 16, 2017 09:29 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Wintermute Raylee

He decided he quite liked Caspian. He was well spoken, and had a solid sense of duty about him. Perhaps a bit bland, but that was only upon first impression. Wintermute was eager to see what the trek had in store.

“No qualms here.” He agreed, keen on meeting this Senna girl.

Nov 16, 2017 09:33 AM — Post #7

Name Player

Another nod, a quick flick of his gaze over the other white-furred male. Caspian let out a short howl for Albus and Senna, not expecting either to be too far away.

Once the note of the howl quietened in the air, he turned a more questioning look at Wintermute. What an unusual name. “Can you tell me - how many days travel are the mountains from here?”

Nov 16, 2017 09:35 AM — Post #8

Senna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Hey Raylee! What sort of injury does Wintermute have? Also , what path are they going to be taking to HE? I want to start putting up threads, but I want to make sure I have the territories right.[
__

Senna had been walking her own piece of the border, searching herself for the one Catrine had called Wintermute. She had kept an ear open for a call from one of the other seekers, in case they found the messenger first, and from the sound of things Caspian had been the lucky one. The summons was close enough for Senna to bark her reply.

The girl approached Caspian and Wintermute with a smile and a curious expression. The two were rather similar-looking at first glance, weren’t they? “Hi! I’m Senna Selwyn,” she piped, tail swinging amiably. Eager for the journey to be underway, she glanced over her shoulder, willing Albus to appear.

Nov 16, 2017 03:00 PM — Post #9

[ Edited: Nov 18, 2017 12:08 PM by Senna ]
Ace is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ace Adrian Jeames

There was a howl from Caspian; Albus recognized his voice right away. He wondered if the male needed him for anything, and so went on his way to meet up with him. He wasn’t too far away from where the howl came from, and he made his way over quickly, quickening his pace. He could finally run for longer without getting too tired. He still had a long way to go, though, because he had lasting damage from earlier sickness in his life.

But who said he could not get over it?

As he neared, he noticed three white wolves in the distance. One of them he recognized as Caspian, the other one had to be Senna. And the third one? Albus had met him before, he believed.

Once he reached them, he noticed it was Wintermute, the wolf who they would be accompanying to the mountains, as Seekers. Were they leaving now? Were they going to meet Nima? ’‘Hi guys!’‘ he called, with a small smile on his face. And then he stopped and his eyes fell on Wintermute. ’‘Hello sir.’‘

Nov 17, 2017 06:00 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Wintermute Raylee

sry for the lil wait. Wintermute’s injury is actually p much healed I just haven’t changed the status. They will be probably cutting up through Glenn then down around the butte through the Range. So we can have the next thread in the Glen! I’m going to be focusing on Wintermute to get this storyline rolling again <3

Caspian turned to call for the pair, and Wintermute waited patiently by. “Two days, jor perhaps three if we are to rest at length.” He hadn’t bothered to take long breaks on his way here, but he did suspect that the younger wolves would want to rest.

It was not long before the two arrived. Senna, like every wolf he’d met from the Sanctuary, was white. She was small and young and friendly. Albus was just as nervous as their last meeting.

“Wintermute,” He bowed to Senna.

“If we get going now, we will reach the mountains by the fall of two suns.”

Nov 19, 2017 11:12 AM — Post #11

Name Player

((No worries Raylers, sounds good! I gotta get to work now so any of you online before I’m home feel free to go ahead and make a new thread, Casp’ll be there!))

Caspian debated this - three was more likely, given the youth of those coming, himself coming off an injury, and the fact only one of them was familiar with the terrain.

He sighed ruefully as he came to a conclusion, but nodded.

“We ought to get going if Albus, Senna, you are ready? But I must be honest with you all now. I will be able to accompany you only to the foothills of the mountains.” He shot Albus an apologetic look, thinking he was likely to take this hardest.

“If Catrine’s pups came early, or if we are delayed for any reason… I will miss the birth of my children, and I promised Catrine I would be there. You two are no longer children - you are more than capable of representing the Sanctuary well.” 

Nov 19, 2017 05:48 PM — Post #12

Senna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Like magic, when Senna looked over her shoulder with the wish that Albus would appear, there he was. With a smile on his face, to boot… magic indeed. Senna wagged her tail and returned to him a smile of her own, welcoming him to the group. She wagged her tail again at Wintermute’s introduction.

Two days, hmm? The last time Senna had journeyed southward her physical condition had been much poorer, but even so… two days seemed ambitious. Perhaps if it were only her and Albus they could manage it, young and strapping as they were, but with the old-timers in tow? Well, Senna would just have to see it to believe it!

Soirits were high and everyone seemed set to go, until Caspian delivered his news. Senna’s tail stilled and the smile dropped from her face. Caspain was leaving them to meet with Nima without him? Wha… wasn’t that the whole point of him going? So the adults could have their adult-talk?

Caspian continued, and the news was only more shocking. Your children?” The girl’s jaw dropped. Caspian and Catrine were mates? How had she missed out on that information? Senna supposed it was an easy mistake to make, since Catrine hadn’t been with the pair when Caspian and Albus arrived… but still. How had she not known? How come they didn’t ever act like they were mates?

Nov 21, 2017 08:47 AM — Post #13

Ace is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ace Adrian Jeames

Oh, they were going to the mountains right now? Two suns… that meant two days, right? Two full days of traveling? That sounded doable. Albus didn’t mind going now. Though, when Caspian spoke, the boy’s smile faded lightly. Caspian would not join them in the meeting with Nima. But it was okay. He would be there for Catrine, and his pups. And that was really all Albus wanted. And Caspian was right; Albus was an adult now. Both him and Senna were. They needed to do well, they needed to become independent.

’‘That’s okay. You should be there for your pups.’‘ the boy said. He too was a pup of Caspian, but he was adopted. His biological pups were more important. And Albus thought that with no sadness whatsoever. It was okay.

Senna seemed shocked about the whole pups thing, and Albus smiled at her, willing to clear it up for her. ’‘Y-yes Catrine and Caspian are having pups.’‘ he told her, confirming it.
But anyway, off to duty.

’‘I’m ready to go when you are.’‘ he told them.

Nov 22, 2017 04:15 AM — Post #14

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.