Roleplay Forums | Map

Twisted, just like me
AW | day, sunny

America is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
America Angie

He wandered. From here to there and back again. The evergreen forest was interesting but it was mostly all the same. Evergreens, smaller broad-leaf trees, little bushes and various little plants he knew nothing about. Moss and leaves and… lots of green. It was very green.

Eventually America found himself at a new place and he paused, eyes wide as he beheld it. The land was different here, as were the trees. Denser, bordering on the forest to the south. He pushed through the smaller trees near the edge to discover massive gnarled trees bearing their roots. They towered over him and twisted around him.

If he used his imagination he could see trails that might have been used by other wolves… or other animals. Wait, there really were some trails. This forest was as peculiar looking as he was and he pushed through it as quietly as possible, as if any step could disturb the trees and bring them to live. Hesitant to find out what creatures might live in a forest such as this.

It was entirely new to him. New, and intimidating.

The scent of wolves finally struck him and he stopped full tilt, bristling. Did a pack live here? A band of rogues?

“Hey!” he shouted to the trees, listening to the echo as he stood and stared up at them, fur standing on end as if the trees had offended him.

Nov 18, 2017 02:06 PM

[ ignore ]
Nayomi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nay was just wandering around. Man, this place was big! Then, out of no where a sudden /hey/ echoed through the trees. “Hello?” She called out to the trees.

“Is someone there?” She barked. “Show yourself please” she demanded with a raised tail. This scent was unfamiliar, and it sent chills down her spine.

(Sorry so short)

Nov 18, 2017 02:09 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts helper profile

The boy tried not to be too far away from Nayomi after their chat. He was bolstered by all this talk of a pack, and he wanted to prove that it was something he could do. He wanted to prove that he’d be mature and smart and strong enough to build this pack. What better way to prove it than be constantly flitting around Nayomi like an overly helpful little fairy?

He wasn’t too far behind her when he heard the voice, and she replied in kind. Wagging his tail, Icarus jogged after his friend and uttered a woof to inform her of his approach. His curiosity, however, was burning. Who was it come traipsing through their new base?

Nov 18, 2017 02:12 PM — Post #2

Name Player
America Angie

At first the answer seemed to come from the trees themselves, with the way sound was bounced through them. Was someone there? Why yes, it was America and he might have been loosing his bloody mind at long last. The trees were talking.

The oder of wolves was a bit stronger though and he shook his head as the voice came again and he pinpointed a general direction and started that way. He pushed under one of the towering trees and out the other side to see an adorable little yearling female… with a yearling male in tow. Welp.

“Well, here I am, showing myself,” he grunted. He braced himself for the looks he’d get, puffing up proudly despite his scars. A missing limb, scars on his good foreleg, the scar over his definitel now-blind eye.

Nov 18, 2017 02:16 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nayomi wasn’t being hostile. But she had her tail high and chin up in a dominant yet elegant stance. Then the stranger appeared through the trees.

He was grey and white with blue.. a blue eyes and three legs. One of the eyes had a scar and film over it. Poor thing. “Thank you stranger. May I ask your name?” She questioned with a tilt if her head.

Her tail slowly came down to a more straight positioned. Still in charge but more relaxed. Her golden orbs took in the appearance of the male as she licked her lips.

Then the bark of Icarus caused her ears to flick but she did not turn. Why? Why why why? Why was he always around? Couldnt she just do something on her own for once? The only thing she got to do on her own was go see Jethro and that was because she didn’t tell any if them.

Maybe she should start doing everything in secret. Irritates caused her to bite her tongue. Don’t get her wrong, she loved the kid… but sometimes he was to clingy and nay just wanted to be independent.

Nov 18, 2017 02:28 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Icarus bounced after Nayomi, failing to notice her superior posture - his own was still lax, tail wagging and tongue lolling, his ears erect with no desire to impart any kind of dominance. There was no need. He cocked his head as the stranger approached, at first taking in his features with little more than wonder. Until he came close enough. And Icarus took in all the features he was missing - the half-leg, the weird eye. All the scars all over his body. His own tingled, reminding him of the teeth that caused it.

“Woah,” he whispered and arched his brows, unable to help his intrigue from the man’s missing leg. A billion questions simmered in his mind, but he was trying to be more conscious of what he said. What he did. As much as he wanted to know what happened and how he managed to even walk with a missing leg, Icarus kept it to himself. He simply remained silent while Nayomi spoke.

Nov 18, 2017 02:33 PM — Post #5

Name Player
America Angie

The female seemed to be in charge here and he wasn’t sure how he felt about that. If this was her land that was well and good, but if this was another pack like the Brotherhood with bitches leading lackeys, he’d take his ass elsewhere. Experience told him that was a bad idea.

Shame, America, that you can’t be more open-minded about the opposite sex.

“Meric,” he responded. The name rolled off before he could think about it. Damn, he wanted to try some absurd name but it was such a natural response now. “Am I intruding? I didn’t expect to find wolves here…”

His voice trailed off and he arched his brows back at the white male with the black face. “Maybe we can exchange war stories sometime,” he commented dryly. He’d seen his reflection in water recently when he got a drink. He was… something. So he didn’t blame the initial shock. It was how they treated him after they saw him and spoke to him that mattered, he supposed.

Truly, America was trying to be more optimistic about life and other wolves. Once upon a time he’d been handsome and cocksure. Now his confidence was better placed. He thought the eye scars at least made his face more dashing.

Nov 18, 2017 05:13 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The woman gave a soft, sweet smile. She now lowered he tail after his name was stated. “Well Meric, I’m Nayomi… and this is..” she paused looking to her friend. “Well, he is more than capable of introducing himself… either way, no… you aren’t intruding, but what brings you here?” she questioned curiously with a tilt of her head.

Was he a rogue or a pack member seeking Alliance with some other pack? She took in his scent, he sure smelt like other wolves. Surely, he must be in a pack or has had recent contact with one… Nay thought about the strange, older male she came in contact with who seemed insane. Hopefully, Merica didn’t come from there.

Nov 18, 2017 05:20 PM — Post #7

[ Edited: Nov 18, 2017 05:30 PM by Nayomi ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Meric. What a neat name! Icarus looked between Nayomi and the scarred male, Meric, leaning back on his haunches and twisting his head around to nip at the debris lodged in his fur as they exchanged introductions. Nayomi didn’t say his name, instead allowing him to introduce himself. With a burr stuck to the side of his lip, Icarus whipped his head back around to look at them and grinned. “Icarus.”

The male must have caught him looking. As he began to speak, Icarus hastily brushed the burr away from his face, enamored with the suggestion. “I’ve never been in a war,” he whispered reverently. Had Meric? It sure looked like it.

Then Nayomi went ahead, asking all the important questions while Icarus was left to wonder how the male had gotten the way he was. Icarus was content to just keep listening for the while, though, gnawing the mats out of his fur until he was needed again.

Nov 18, 2017 05:28 PM — Post #8

Name Player
America Angie

Yep, of these two wolves, the female was the capable leader. That was clear just from this interaction. He found himself leaning into a sit at the base of the tree he was at, thoughtful.

First he offered a response to Icarus, smirking in a friendly sort of way, “It’s a turn of phrase, just means talk about past experiences,” he explained. Talk about his scars. Right nwo wasn’t the time. Everyone wanted to know eventually, though.

To the female he bobbed his head and studied her. She was young. Both of these wolves should be apprentices, learning more about adult life. Honing their fighting skills, preparing themselves for the inevitable.

“I’m just a wanderer, been roaming around the evergreen forest for a few weeks, found myself here eventually,” simple enough. Nayomi was pretty in the simple sense. Icarus was with her though, so he assumed they were mates or at least close with one another. He didn’t mind the male grooming himself.

Nov 18, 2017 05:36 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The girl sat down herself. Wrapping her tail neatly around her paws, she licked her top lip, ready to speak. However, the male responded to Icarus first, so she would simply eye the two until her response came.

There it was. She offered another smile as she nodded. “I wish I could say I hoped your travels went well, but I am curious as to how those marks came to be upon you,” she said looking his scarred body over. She supposed the leg he had been without for a while.

Nov 18, 2017 05:58 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

“Oh,” he said quietly. He nodded, still intrigued. War stories. Just a saying. Well, that probably meant he hadn’t been in a war, but still it was pretty cool.

Aaaand then Nayomi just jumped right into asking about them. Icarus blinked over at her, pursing his lips. Oh my god Nayomi, you can’t just ask people why they’re scarred!

Gaze flickered back to Meric, hoping the man wouldn’t mind. His ears twitched, toes flexing into the dirt with ever persistent worry that her question might upset him.

Nov 18, 2017 06:05 PM — Post #11

Name Player
America Angie

Well, he figured it’d come to it eventually and there it was. His expression clouded slightly and he took a deep breath.

“Lost the leg in a hunt,” he replied as if that answered it all. Then, knowing they expected more, he raised his nose slightly with the next response. “The fresher scars are from a fight with a male who thought I was a weak fool when I lost my temper.”

Close enough, good enough. “Can’t say it was worth it, and it’s not a glorious explanation, but there you go.”

They could do what they pleased with that information.

America leaned down to scratch at his ear, face contorting into a blissful expression as he kicked to scratch at it.

Nov 18, 2017 06:26 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nay would twitch her ears as his voice carried across the short distance. The trees rustled as if they were laughing. “Your explanation will quench my curious thirst for now Meric,” she replied as she blinked her golden brown orbs.

She then slapped the tip of her tail as she watched Icarus groom himself. If he was judging her for her straightforwardness, then she had the right to judge him for gnawing at himself when they at company.

“Are you hungry Meric?” She asked tilting her head. If he was, the girl would offer him something to eat she would hunt for him if need be.

Nov 19, 2017 04:30 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

So his wounds each had different stories. The leg he lost in a hunt - and Icarus wanted to ask what he was hunting, just to add it to his encyclopedia of knowledge about animals to hunt and how they could endanger him - and then the scars, he said, were from a fight with another wolf. Icarus understood the assumption. It would be easy to underestimate a wolf missing a leg. But he’d never be dumb enough. Maybe try and find a way to take advantage of it, but to outright say that someone was weak for it?

It was another tidbit of information he tucked away. Don’t underestimate wolves with missing limbs.

Nayomi uttered something about her curious thirst being quenched. The masked boy gave her a grin, misinterpreting it as a lofty, silly expression. Then came her offer for food. “We’ve been building quite the cache,” Icarus added proudly.

Should they show strangers where their cache was? Immediately, Icarus didn’t see the harm in it, but a couple seconds later the thought came that perhaps it wasn’t such a good idea. He didn’t want to run the risk of being stolen from. Meric seemed like a decent guy, but someone with less noble intentions might take advantage of such kindness, and Icarus had a whole group of them to look out for now. In the face of one starving stranger or his friends - his new family - he knew who he’d have to prioritize.

“Or we could catch something. The herds will have a lot of young around this time,” he added thoughtfully. Deer, elk. He didn’t think there would be moose here. He’d never seen them in the area before.

Nov 20, 2017 12:25 PM — Post #14

Name Player
America Angie

Well, the question seemed over. Just like that everything seemed fine. He was waiting for something more. Suspicion of him, someone to call him a cripple or a stump. His jaw was even a little tense, though outwardly he appeared as neutral as he had a moment ago. Just a ghost haunting the shell of some old wolf.

He shook his head to alertness at her qeustion and glanced between them, “I’m not particularly hungry, but I do owe the Evergreen Wolves food to replenish their cache for allowing me to stay there for a bit,” he replied. It was something he had yet to repay.

“Plus, if you live here, a cache is probably a good idea.”

For when food was scarce and shit. They lived here, right? They’d met him here after all. As if from a pack… Hm.

Nov 22, 2017 05:21 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.