Roleplay Forums | Map

the sky that i fell through
[continuation] full spring, late afternoon, sunny; w/ braith

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts helper profile

Needless to say, Icarus had been chatting relentlessly through the duration of their walk. It wasn’t that the masked boy ever had a lot to say. Nothing important, at least. He just liked to talk. He was a social creature and strangers were a wealth of interesting experiences. Stories, voices that he’d never heard before. He was eager to learn, and similarly was he eager to tell others about himself, about his home and his friends, his desires and dreams. On the rare occasion it was silent, it was a distraction - his amber eyes flitting elsewhere, watching birds flutter from among the fronds, their shadows fleeting across the rippling green ocean of the plains.

As the sun traveled across the sky, he regained his bearings and headed south. The meadow was cradled by the river, he remembered, and difficult to miss unless one had been skirted the edges of the geysers. Unfortunately, that was exactly what Icarus had done, but once he realized his mistake he led Braith with little other missteps, smiling the whole way. He was excited to see what she’d think of it.

The smell came first. Sweet, floral and fresh, it drifted on the breeze that passed over the low rolling hills, inviting them in. Icarus crested that first hill and paused to peer down at the stretch of vibrant colours dotting the meadow, so much brighter than when he’d been here last. Tail wagging, he glanced sideways at Braith and sought her reaction. “What do you think?”

Nov 27, 2017 07:59 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Braith quickly found out that her companion could be rather talkative which she didn’t mind one bit.  She enjoyed hearing about all that he told her and learning more about it him. The pup even had the chance to tell him a little more about herself as they made their journey to the meadow. It was really nice to have someone to travel with for a change since she’d been on her own for so long which was another reason his chatting didn’t bother her. It was a change from the silence or sounds of nature that she’d grown so accustomed to. She would be sad when they eventually would have to part ways since she rather liked the pale wolf but he had his friend to look for and he had to get back home she was sure.

With the time passing and the day going from morning to afternoon Braith stayed next to Icarus as they crossed the tundra. She took notice when they turned south and passed by a strange place she’d never seen before. So many new sights for her to take in and she was glad to be seeing them all.  She also liked having a certain destination in mind and someone who knew where they were going.  Since coming to the valley she’d spent a lot of time sort of stumbling and wandering around the valley.

Before they came to the meadow she could smell the strong scents of the meadow wafting through the trees toward them.  It wasn’t the same strong lavender but if she wasn’t mistaken she thought she caught traces of it mixed in the other scents. Then came the rolling hills and it was a sight that nearly took her breath away. What caught her attention most where the bright colors of the flowers that nearly covered the meadow much like the lavender did at home. Her tail swayed happily behind her as she let her gaze scan the meadow. Icarus’ voice broke her thoughts as she turned her head to look at him a smile across her features. “It’s beautiful, thank you for bringing me here.”

Nov 28, 2017 01:33 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

He watched her. Not in a creepy way, like the way that wolves stared when they were obsessed with each other, or in a hostile way out of fear or uncertainty. It was simple, pure curiosity. Perhaps even anticipation, waiting for the change in her expression that might betray what she thought of what she saw. A sigh, a smile. When he caught the wag of her tail, Icarus’ did so as well, mimicking her delight.

Icarus only broke his focus on her when she finally spoke, and he peered out across the flowery meadow with a puff of pride. It only felt right for him to have brought her here. He wondered if this was what her home looked like, covered in flowers. Purple flowers. The smell must have been nice.

“Come on,” he said suddenly, pushing into a trot down the side of the hill. But even as he reached the bottom, he didn’t stop. His pace eased into a lackadaisical lope as tall grasses and wildflowers sprouted up against his legs. No longer was it as wet or muddy as he remembered; it was soft, windy and warm, the ground stable beneath his feet. He laughed and peered over his shoulder, inviting her to run with him with a carefree bark.

Nov 28, 2017 04:39 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Being so focused on the scene before her Braith hadn’t even noticed that she was being watched. While the meadow was different than what she had at home it was still just as pretty. It smelled different but not in a bad way and it pleased her to know there was a place like this in the valley.  Maybe she wouldn’t have to be so homesick and now that she knew the way she could return and visit.  Unlike her home which she often felt was lost to her forever. Part of her wished she had found the meadow before but she was good to share it with Icarus then and even more glad that he had showed it to her.

Finally she turned to look at him and thank him for showing it to her even going so far as to give him another kiss in the cheek.  It was the only way she could think to show how appreciative she was of what he had done. “I will remember how to get here so I can visit often.” Maybe they would run into each other there again but knowing about the meadow was sort of like having a little piece of home with her.

Her ears pinned forward as he spoke telling her to come with him just before he moved into a trot away from her. Braith didn’t hesitate matching his pace and catching up with him before giving him a friendly bump in his shoulder and laughing. “Have something else you want to show me?” She asked playfully. A little more fun was just what the pup needed and who better to have it with than her new friend. Braith gave a sharp bark before running ahead of him, “You think you can catch me?” She teased.

Nov 29, 2017 10:25 AM — Post #3

[ Edited: Nov 30, 2017 11:48 PM by Braith ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

He couldn’t help but feel that heat again when she leaned in with a gesture of appreciation. Maybe, deep down, the reason why he brought her here was just because he loved that attention - or maybe it was merely one of the many reasons. He cared, in earnest, he really did. But he’d be lying if he said the tingle on his skin wasn’t just as sweet as the smile on her face.

Icarus laughed when she asked if he had something else to show her. “No I just -” wanted to run, he would have said, had she not zoomed ahead of him.

With a challenge.

Well. This meadow was the perfect place to run, it seemed.

Grinning wider, Icarus picked up his pace and charged after her with a joyful bark. “Uh yeah I can!”

Oh, but he’d played this game before. His long legs churned valiantly beneath him, driving him forward with precision dexterity, a speed culled to just low enough that he was not quite on her heels, but close enough to exchange taunts and teases. Just how fast could she go?

Nov 30, 2017 02:25 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Icarus had done something really nice for her, one of the nicest things anyone had ever done for her. In the moment she showed him how grateful she was for his thoughtfulness but she felt that she needed to do something else for him, she just didn’t know what. She hoped that she would see him again after they parted ways so she could. She knew where his home was so she could look for him there.

She did wonder if he had something else to show her but she didn’t give him time to really answer as she sped away from him. Braith challenged him to catch her and as she moved further ahead of him she giggled.

So he thought he could catch her, she returned his bark as she turned sharply heading another direction. The flowers and grasses in the meadow brushing against her coat as she ran through them. “Prove it,” she challenged further. She ran as fast as she could, it was freeing and for that time she forgot the serious things in her life now. For the time she ran through the meadow with Icarus she could feel like she had when she had been with her birth pack.

Nov 30, 2017 11:55 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

(so sorry for the wait!! I am back from my trip however, so i should be posting faster going forward!)

Prove it?! Oh, Icarus would do more than just prove it. He’d catch her and run faster than he ever had before. He’d outrun her all the way across the valley if he needed to. Okay, wait, no. That might have been a little hardcore. He had a plan, after all. Best to stick to it.

Icarus grinned and picked up his speed just a little, the dirt solid and dry beneath his paws, the wavering wildflowers a soft scent against the force of air running across his face. The smell was stronger than it had been the last time he was here - the flowers in full bloom, bright and colourful as they faced the sun with eager anticipation of its warmth. And he did the same, tilting his head back as he flew across the meadow, smiling into the sunshine like a plant in photosynthesis.

Long legs made it easy for him to cover ground. But he fixed his eyes on her, wondering if he was gaining too quickly. Icarus evened his pace then, allowing her to keep ahead of him as he conserved his energy for a later boost of speed. Scanning his surroundings, and her, up ahead - for the prime place to take her down.

Dec 04, 2017 12:12 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

((No worries, hope your trip was fun. I’ll be looking forward to your posts :).))

The pup had issued her challenge playfully as she ran across the meadow as fast as she could only glancing behind her once to see if he was still behind her. Braith was confident that he wouldn’t be able to catch her but she liked letting him try.

Her tail waved behind her as she ran through the flowers. The many scents filling her nose as she ran through the flowers that we’re all around them.  The colors were blurred by the speed that she was running and all of it reminded her of when her brother, Evander would chase her through the Lavender. A part of Braith thought she would never fell as she did on those days when her and her brother would play chase but Icarus had helped her to find that feeling again. She was even more grateful for the pale wolf and what he had done for her.

She could hear the paw beats on the ground behind her which told her she was still being chased.  She didn’t know if he was gaining on her or not until she looked behind her again and saw how far behind he was. “Is that all you have?” She teased.  A happy laugh left her traveling across the breeze, she was happy and glad for another chance to forget everything outside the meadow for a little while.

Dec 04, 2017 08:10 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

He was almost too deep in his analysis of her to catch her words. Thankfully, he’d been looking right at her as she spoke, and the words hit him a couple seconds later, tearing him away from his thoughts. Icarus’ grin widened with devious ferocity at the challenge. She reminded him a lot of Epidemic.

“I’m giving it all I’ve got!” he shouted back with melodramatic flair, whining at the end of his words as though in desperation. “I don’t know, you might be too fast for meeeee!”

Tilting his head back, he gave a look of stressed exasperation, the flux of a dramatic wail.

Just to see what she’d do before he kicked it into second gear.

Dec 04, 2017 08:28 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She was determined to not let let him catch her but it was fun seeing if he could. She even considered letting him catch her but she liked the challenge too much to give in. She teased him making the challenge for them both more fun, it was for her anyway. She also hoped it was for him but even more fun than the challenge was just running through the meadow and remembering when she was home and still a little pup.

His voice came from behind her, “Oh, Icarus I know you can do better your bird Force one.” She had not forgotten and if he could save her from a bird he could run faster. His next statement though brought a alt smile to her maw, “Should I slow down a little for you?” She called back to him as she turned her head to look back at him.

Braith slowed up just a little for him but hoped he wouldn’t notice that she had. His tone made her wonder if maybe he couldn’t keep up.  She wanted him to have a fair chance after all.

Dec 04, 2017 09:09 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

She called back at him, taunting him with the name he’d given himself. Bird Force One. Icarus couldn’t hold back the laugh from his throat, a loud, resounding noise that bounced from his throat and into the warm air as he followed after her. She was taunting him, as if she didn’t know that he could overtake her in an instant. (Okay. That was kind of an assumption. He didn’t know exactly how fast she could go - it was very possible that she was going as easy on him as he was on her.)

“Oh Braith, please slow down for me! My weak baby legs can hardly keep up!” he hollered.

Icarus did notice her slow just a little bit. That was a mistake. But he maintained his speed lagging just a little bit behind her, anticipating the perfect moment to speed up. Soon… soon…

“Uh oh! I can feel my heart starting to give up! I don’t… know… if I can… make it!” he pretended to huff, feeling his muscles tense with anticipation.

Dec 04, 2017 09:22 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Braith was pulling out all the stops, waiting and using the name he had given himself to challenge him further. She was enjoying herself too much to want to stop yet. He was still behind her though so she was feeling even more confident that she would outrun him. Still worried that he might really be having trouble keeping up with her she slowed her pace just a little to give him a better chance. Then from behind her she heard him holler about his weak baby legs. She couldn’t help but laugh.

“They didn’t seem so weak when you were chasing that bird,” she called back over her shoulder.

What he said next worried her causing her to turn her head and slow down, “We should stop then, I don’t want something bad to happen to you,” she said concerned for him. The last thing she wanted was to he the reason he got hurt or worse. Especially after he’d done something so wonderful for her.

“We should go somewhere so you can rest,” added looking back over her shoulder to make sure he was going to make it.

Dec 05, 2017 12:15 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Hah, she had a point. And suddenly Icarus was worried she might see through his ruse. His ears flattened with a shit-eating grin, increasing his pace in response to her doubt.  Paws beating faster, he prepared to close in on her. The fact that she did fall for his desperate claims of heart failure only made it that much sweeter. He could sense the slowing of her pace, and charged ahead - feeling a little guilty that she seemed worried enough to suggest they rest. But it was all a part of the plan.

Closer, closer, he sped after her with the intention of closing the distance between them. And when he was close enough, within a lunge of reaching her, Icarus sprang forward and tried to grapple her rear end, shouting a bold, “SIKE! AHAHAHAAH!”

He just hoped he actually managed to catch her. Otherwise, boy, would he look like a fool.

Dec 05, 2017 11:55 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She glanced behind her again to check on him and saw the grin spread across his face. As she slowed she could hear his paws hitting the ground closer behind her.  So now he would he able to keep up with her but she still didn’t think he would catch her. She became worried when he spoke if his heart giving out and suggested that they have a rest.  She slowed down even more so that he wouldn’t have to push himself too much to keep up with her.

With her having slowed down it sounded like he was able to finally catch up to her. Thinking that he would come up beside her she kept running until she was proved so very wrong. Braith felt his paws around her hips and hear his voice as he yelled ‘sike’ and laughed.  Next thing she knew she was tumbling over.

It took her a short moment to regain her bearings but when she did she looked at him a smile on her face. “You cheated,” she said before pulling herself onto her her feet ready to pounce on him.

Dec 05, 2017 06:31 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

He lobbed his weight onto her hind end, grappling her down into the grass. His forward trajectory caused Icarus to bumble and roll a little bit once he hit the ground, releasing her as he skidded through the grass with a loud, boyish laugh. Icarus ended up on his side, remaining for a moment to execute the rest of the laughter in his lungs before lifting his head and looking over at Braith.

She was smiling, accusing him of cheating. “Don’t hate the player, hate the-”

And then she pounced.

Icarus shouted excitedly, rolling onto his stomach and tucking his paws against his chest to make himself an easy target for her.

Dec 06, 2017 11:07 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Braith Friseal Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

He had tricked her into thinking he was really hurting so that she would slow down.. it all made sense to the agouti pup but only after she’d rolled a little ways from him.  Right after he had pulled her down the only thought in her head was ‘oh crap’. She recovered quick enough and was soon on her feet turned toward him. There were no hard feelings when she announced that he had tricked her.

It was all in good fun she knew and that was the reason for her smile. As she went to pounce on him he moved changing his position until he was on his stomach. She landed across his back, “What is it I should hate?” She asked next to his ear before she pulled on his ear and jumped away so he couldn’t get her. She then barked and entered into a play bow inviting him join her.

Dec 06, 2017 05:13 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.