Roleplay Forums | Map

Greetings & Salutations
[summons] [Holly] | Afternoon | Raining | AW

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny had not followed the white wolfs advice to go further west towards the gorge. He had ended up sitting out the rest of that particular storm under a bush, feeling quite sad for himself, and then instead turned back towards the grasslands. Still holding onto the hope of running into his sister, he had sniffed his way back and forth quite a ways in the last few days. He had neither seen nor smelt any great number of wolves, and certainly not his sister.

Benvolio had finally made his way back westward. He had excitedly run down a turkey hen - a proud moment - and then the rain had set in again. Seeing the same oak trees he had tried to shelter in last time just head, Benny had himself a bright idea! Trotting through the trees, totting along his recently killed turkey, he had a big smile on his face. He hadn’t had a conversation with another wolf in days, and it was driving him crazy.

He came back to about where he thought that den had been last time, though he couldn’t seem to find it now, and he wasn’t inclined to look very hard. He dropped the turkey onto the ground in front of him. “Helloooooo!” His word transformed into a howl by the end of it. “Miss mama wolf! I brought something for you!” He stood proudly over his kill with his tail wagging, hoping she was nearby and would appreciate his gift.

Dec 02, 2017 04:26 PM

[ ignore ]
Holly is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Holly Atari

What the fuck. Who. what. Miss mama wolf? Uh.. No, that made her sound old. Who.

These were the half coherent thoughts going through Holly’s mind as a howl startled her awake and she snapped her head up - effectively banging her head on the den ceiling. Honestly, she should probably start thinking of moving out of the now-cramped space but.. Convenience. And Reg wasn’t back yet.

Anyway, head bumped into awakeness, she scrambled out of the den and saw…

“Ah fuck it’s you.”

What did he want, and why bring gifts? Holly raised an eyebrow, one eye still glued shut from sleep. “What’s with the food? And didn’t I tell you to move your furry little ass along?”

God, this guy was persistent. But food. Hnnng. 

Dec 03, 2017 10:44 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

‘Ah fuck it’s you.’

Well that wasn’t exactly the most welcoming greeting Benny had ever heard. Benny spun in his spot to find the source of the voice. It was the pretty, white wolf he had called for! She didn’t exactly look happy, but he hadn’t been bitten, so really things were looking up. Plus, she was talking to him, and Benny had about a weeks worth of words built up that he hadn’t been able to say to anyone else.

“Hello miss! Well, I did leave for a bit, but then I was coming back this way, and I happened to kill this turkey, and then it was raining again.” And still was raining, Benny wondered if he might be able to charm his way down into that den this time to get out of the weather. “You only said to leave you alone for that evening and I never got your name last time, and so I just figured I’d come back through this way and say hello.” His tail wagged at his excellent - and very fast - explanation of everything.

Oh right, she had asked about the food! “And I brought this turkey for you.” He nudged it forward in her direction to show he was sincere. She couldn’t take his gift and then yell at him, right? “It’s fresh and maybe if that kinda bitey pup comes out again he could chew on that instead of me this time?” It was honestly a question. Benny liked pups, and he liked pretty lady wolves and he sure hoped she liked the gift.

Dec 03, 2017 11:53 AM — Post #2

Rowan is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Rowan Jill

Ah, Fuck! It’s you!

These were the words to which Rowan woke.

As Mum stirred, so did he. The den had become a cramped place, in which it was now impossible to ignore the sensation of any one of his family members moving about. So, naturally, when the once milk-giver stood and crawled out of the den, the empty space she left behind wasn’t lost on Rowan.

He rolled to his paws and strolled after her—a feat that had become mindless recently, not at all like the taxing effort it used to be—and poked his head around the curve of the den to see….

A stranger! Though the light rain made for a decent shroud, the pup still realized that the tan fella wasn’t at all familiar. Rowan ducked, his ears going flat.

Though the tan wolf sounded nice enough as he spoke, flaunting some tasty-smelling dead creature at his paws, Rowan couldn’t be sure of him.

“Fahk?” he questioned, assuming that to be the stranger’s name. Mum had called him that, hadn’t she?

Dec 05, 2017 12:57 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Holly Atari

Wow. Wow, it had been a long time since she’d been hit on, and this was exactly how Holly was interpreting this whole one-sided conversation. The little guy had for the hots for her, and it was mildly cute, but mostly annoying. She wasn’t interested okay? Not one bit.

All that had died with Klass, and she wasn’t about to get over her dead mate that easily.

“Yeaaaah…” Her eyebrows were raised fully at this point, blue eyes blinking a few times as the little dude finished his speech. “I mean.. Like I never exactly invited you back. So.”

Rowan had obviously been awoken, and Holly was somewhat disappointed it wasn’t Ash’s furzy angry face rushing out to chase this male out. “Mhmm,” she mumbled to the pup, not wanting to get into the whole ‘no-swearing’ thing in front of this other dude. Nudging Ro with her nose, she turned her attention to the tan wolf once again.

“I don’t really need charity. Nor do I guarantee my kids won’t chew you, sorry.” Nor would she uh.. stop ‘em.

Dec 06, 2017 05:06 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

A pup emerged from the nearby den and for a split second Benny’s ear flattened and tail flagged at the memory of tiny, needle-like teeth in his muzzle. He let out a breath and his tail picked up it’s pace again to see that it was a brown pup instead of white. He could only hope this one was less bite prone, and so far it seemed so. The pup did repeat his mother’s swear word and Benny had a little chuckle over that.

He was about to give the pup a big smile and try to make a better impression, but then mama wolf began her drawn out ‘yeah’ and Benny looked back to her. Benny’s expression fell slowly with each word she said until he was frowning dejectedly at her.

Even though she’d been rude the first time he’d come back because he thought maybe she’d like the gift and maybe the pup would be nice. He swished his paw through the wet dirt beneath him awkwardly for a moment. He didn’t even have anything to say. This lady did nothing but make him want to stop talking and feel bad about himself. He just missed his sister, and wanted a friend, and had brought a gift. But she was rude, and didn’t even want a charity turkey.

“I’ll go,” he said dejectedly. Benny plucked the turkey off the ground and turned to leave. He’d go eat it alone, in the rain, while feeling sorry for himself, again.

[Exit unless talked to again]

Dec 06, 2017 07:26 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Holly Atari

She wasn’t, inherently, an evil wolf.

Holly was mistrustful lately, that was all. Her last new acquaintance had turned into some kind of food-monster and nearly blew her chances at sticking around. Besides, the little guy was a little.. Overwhelming. Like she used to be, and still could be.

But hearing the dejection.. That hit a nerve. She used to be a pack leader, for crying out loud.. She wouldn’t have been so harsh back then.

“Gaaah..” A gurgled noise, her tail lashing slightly as she took a few rapid seconds to mentally determine her options.

a). Chase him away, never see him again.
b). Possibly make a friend, and loyal follower. One more asset to her slowly growing family.

Wasn’t.. Too hard of an option.

“Wait. Please?”

Her voice lilted up a touch, into something a bit more akin to a sweet Holly. Normal Holly. Not bitter bitchy Holly. She jogged after him, catching up easily enough and bounding into a halt. “Hey.. I’m sorry I’m a little short. Had some rough shit lately, I’m a little more cautious. You don’t seem like a bad guy, though, so how about you come back and we can talk over that turkey?”

And with that, Holly crooked up one of her more winning smiles, black ears twitching.

Dec 11, 2017 01:44 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

The lady made a strange gurgling sound and Benny thought it was the precursor to yelling, or biting, both of which he wanted to avoid. He took a little hoping step forward as the turkey jostled along in his mouth.

He hadn’t expected the ‘wait’, and certainly not the ‘please’. Benny brought himself to a quick standstill as she came passed his shoulder to speak with him more. A smile grew back across his face as she explained and asked him to stay - it made the small wolf look quite strange, grinning with a bird hanging out of his mouth.

Nodding his head fiercely he turned back and spit out the turkey. It wasn’t exactly that Benny was feeling like he had tricked the lady into talking to him, but he was pretty sure he was getting what he wanted now. “Yeah, of course! I’m not a bad guy miss…...?” He cut off when he realized he didn’t know her name at all, but tilted his head to glance at her. While he’d managed to call her here with ‘mama wolf’ that didn’t seem an ideal thing to continue to refer to her as.

“Does your kid eat meat and stuff?” He asked, flicking his nose in the direction of the little brown pup nearby. “You can have the turkey, I’m not that hungry and it was just a breeze to catch.” Benny embellished the story a bit, puffing himself up slightly. He was a good hunter, and he liked hunting, but mostly he wanted this lady to think he was a really good hunter.

Dec 11, 2017 08:13 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Rowan Jill

bless y’all’s hearts i’m so sorry for the wait, feel free to skip this booger/he can be powerplayed still, things can be assumed, etc., i don’t wanna hold y’all up! :3

For a while there, it looked like Mum was gonna chase this guy away. Rowan hadn’t really ever chased anyone away, but he could recall vague instances in which Ash might’ve growled at someone beyond the den.

He guessed it was just… the thing to do sometimes. Even though he couldn’t understand it.

So when Mum hopped out of the den and followed the stranger into the rain, Rowan physically flinched back in surprise. Through the shroud, he had to strain a little to witness their interaction, and was further confused when he caught the shift in his mother’s voice.

She was being nice! So… fussing at people then being nice was okay? Hmm.

He still didn’t really get it, but he had noticed the Dead Thing the guy had been carrying. Gathering up his courage, Rowan sauntered away from the Dentree, only to deflate beneath the cold pinpricks of moisture that assaulted his puppy fur.

He made a quick beeline for Mum’s belly, positioning himself underneath her to peer out at the tan male from between her forelegs. His nose wiggled inquiringly at the dead bird before his blue eyes looked up to meet those of the stranger—not a difficult task, given Rowan was a growing boy and the other dude was kinda short.

“You like Ducky?” he asked, fully intending to refer to the Lead Ranger, but mispronouncing the black wolf’s name. “You bring us food?”

Dec 18, 2017 12:19 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Holly Atari

Rowan sidled up and back under her stomach, while the little dude puffed himself up like a baby bird. What was it with her and attracting somewhat odd dolts? Klass, Fluffy, now this guy. What’s his name. Did she have his name??

Uhhh.. Oh god. Nevermind.

He pried for her name again, Holly fighting back a wheeze and the temptation to lie. Play nice, girl, you were trying to make allies again. Trying to make up her own small line of defense, for her children too. So instead of pursing her lips, she quirked them into a little grin. “Holly. Your name is..?” Bono? Benoodle? Something like that maybe, she honestly couldn’t remember.

Benittle offered up the easy-breezy-beautiful turkey, Holly’s muzzle twitching into a more natural, crooked smile. Big er uh… Little show-off, was he?

“He might be like Ducky, Rowan, if he decides to stick around,” Holly chuckled at her son, booping his head lightly. Ducky, brilliant. She was going to encourage that nickname for the Buckeroo like you had no idea. “You hungry for turkey?”

To Bentity, she cocked her head to the side. “What brings you out here to our neck of the woods?”

Dec 20, 2017 11:23 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny’s tail was picking up into quite a wag as he realized that this lady was gonna let him hang around for a bit. The little pup he had seen earlier, luckily a different one from mister-bites-a-lot, waddled out and then quickly hunkered under his mother’s belly. Was he interested in the dead turkey as well? Benny nosed at the create, sending it just a bit closer again.

The kid asked if he was like Ducky? “Is Ducky a wolf?” Benny asked, glancing between mother and child. “But yeah, I brought you some food,” he added on. Finally the white wolf gave her name and Benny smiled at her again, however his expression drooped just a bit that she didn’t remember his name. Hadn’t he told her last time? “I’m Benvolio, but everyone calls me Benny!” He didn’t mind introducing himself again so that she’d know.

Benny dropped back to a sit as the lady asked her kid about food, but his tail continued to sweep back and forth in pleasure. Boy was he happy to tell his story. “I came from the mountains wayyyyy east of here. My sister and I left our old pack and were traveling this way, but then got separated and I couldn’t find her again. I ended up in the dessert, and then hills, mountains, grasslands, and now here! I was still looking for my sister. Her name is Perdita if maybe you’ve seen her? But then I met your kid that bites and then wandered, and then it was raining, and the turkey, and back here, and other kid.” Benny was running out of breath by the end and when he finally managed to stop talking actually had to pant a few times to catch his breath again.

Dec 20, 2017 08:40 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Holly Atari

She nodded to the Ducky question, quirking a small smile and not making to correct the mispronunciation. Let that rumor spread a bit, hah. Meanwhile, Benny, as he was apparently called, started up on his life story. Recognizing this may take a while, because she liked to talk a lot too, Holly settled down on her haunches and cocked her head pleasantly. Story time.

So he wasn’t from around here, and had yet to see the Brotherhood, probably. Her mind was working quickly, wondering how to phrase herself. Benny added on he lost his sister, and Holly did genuinely make the effort to remember the name.

“I haven’t seen her, sorry. I’ll keep my eye out, and ask my friend to do the same. Does she look like you?” Holly grinned lightly at his lack of breath from all that - amateur. Watch a pro at work.

“Well, thank you for being persistent. You seem like a nice guy, good friend to have. I’m not usually so grouchy either, you just gotta realize it’s hard being a single mother and then have some strange guy harass your kid. It’d be so much easier if my mate was still here..” Cue a trailed off sigh. “He was killed in winter.. Have you heard of a pack called the Brotherhood? They’re just north of here, horrible wolves.. They hunted us down, nearly got me too but I ran away. I’m just.. So scared they want to hurt the pups you see, that’s why I came here. The pack offers some shelter, but I really don’t trust the leader.”

She shot him big, fretful eyes, wondering how he was taking all this. It’d be nice if he was convinced enough to stick around - then she’d have Regent, Star (if she came back from whatever trip she was on), and this guy.. Almost the base of a pack itself. A start perhaps, to gaining her own kind of safety.

Dec 21, 2017 01:51 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny panted for a few more moments but finally managed a smile and a happy head nod that miss Holly would keep an eye out for his sister. Where in the world could Perdita have gotten off to that Benny hadn’t managed to find her again yet?

Then it was Benvolio’s turn to plop back onto his rump so that his newfound friend could explain her story as well. Single mom, dead mate, evil pack. That was just a whole big jumble of nasty things. Benny’s eyes went bigger and bigger through the story, and finally gave a little whine in sympathy to her plight.

“I don’t know a pack called the Brotherhood.” He at least managed to answer the easiest question in there with a little shake of the his head. Benny inched a tiny bit further forward toward Holly. “Why’d they wanna hurt you and your pups?” Benny glanced towards the little fuzzball that was nearby. Who wanted the hurt that? Even the bitey pup didn’t deserve to be hurt by anyone. “What’s wrong with the leader here? Is he a bad guy too?”

Dec 21, 2017 06:39 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Rowan Jill

The Tan Fella nudged the turkey closer, and it was all the encouragement Rowan needed to extend his nose forward and give it a cursory sniff. Recognizing the tantalizing aroma of fresh prey, he slowly crawled out from under his mum’s chest to begin to nibble at the feathers.

Inexperienced as he was, he didn’t understand he’d need to pluck them to get to the meat beneath, but that didn’t bother him much. He was happy to gnaw at the quills for a while.

As Mum and Benny—as this guy was called—had a little chat, Rowan attempted to listen in. A lot of what was said went beyond his comprehension, but there was no missing the way Mum’s voice grew taut with pain at one point.

He looked up to her with wide, blue eyes, recognizing one term in particular from her tale.

“Wait,” he interjected quietly. “Wait, brothers is bad…?”

What… did that mean for him, and Ash?

Dec 21, 2017 09:23 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Holly Atari

Good, she seemed to at least catch the little fellow’s attention that, hey, there was a bunch of creeps up east no one cared about dealing with. More rumor spreading couldn’t hurt, especially with this guy’s big mouth.

Holly was carefully thinking up her next words to answer Benny, when Rowan interrupted her with a question.. Crap.. She hadn’t thought he’d really be listening to them, but that was a bad misjudgment on her part. She chewed her lip, looking down into still-blue eyes with a little worried frown.

“No Ro..  Not all brothers are bad. Your a good brother, and so is Ash. There’s others that aren’t so good.” Was that decent enough, without getting into a whole explanation..? They were too young for that still. She eyed Benny a moment, faintly apologetic. “And see, Benny’s a good brother to his sister, he’s trying to look for her!”

She nosed Rowan lightly, trying to reassure him. To Benny though, she mumbled softly “Something their father did. I’m worried they’re going to lay the blame onto our kids, too. That because he did something bad, they’ll turn out like him.” Did he catch her gist at all?

“The leader here isn’t a bad guy, per say.. He just doesn’t believe me. He trusts the other pack over me.” Which was the truth, and let’s see Bucky deny it.

Dec 24, 2017 12:49 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

The pup seemed to take to the turkey quick enough, even if it looked like he was just chewing on feathers instead of any actual meat, but that wasn’t really Benny’s problem, now was it? He figured the pup hadn’t even been paying attention - how did they understand at that age anyway - until the kid was asking a question and the white wolf was trying to answer it.

Benny thought to argue about the kid, Ash, being a good brother. That had to be the bitey kid and Benny wasn’t really into that. However, Holly turned back to Benny with a smile and called Benny a good brother. “Oh, geez, thanks, yeah, I hope I can find Perdita again. I don’t know where she went.” He looked down at the kid, trying to be a bit more helpful to his mother. “You seem like a good brother, you don’t have to worry,” he reassured, hoping it impressed Holly that he was good with pups too.

“That’s a stupid reason!” He blurted out without thinking. He wasn’t trying to dismiss Holly and realized it too late it might sound bad. “Not that you’re stupid. The pups didn’t even exist in the winter. How could it be their fault what their dead dad did?” Benny talked a lot louder than Holly had. The kids knew their dad was dead right? “I mean, the bitey one though….maybe he’s not gonna be so great…” Benny was thinking out loud, he sure hadn’t enjoyed getting bitten by the kid. Had their dad bitten first and asked questions later too? Benny could see how that could get a wolf into trouble. “But…ummm….I’m sure you could teach him to be a little better behaved you know?” Come on Benny, salvage this mess of a conversation you’d started. Don’t tell this lady that her kid is gonna get killed like his dad, that ain’t gonna make her like you.

The little wolf’s tail swished nervously. They hadn’t really moved the conversation away. Now they were just talking about the pack leader who liked the other pack more than his own pack member. “Maybe you need to find a different pack if this guy doesn’t like you.” It was probably an unhelpful suggestion, seeing as how Benny didn’t have any other suggestions of where to go.

Dec 26, 2017 12:04 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.