Roleplay Forums | Map

A hundred pathways left to find

Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

Late Winter, HY1 · Heavy Snow · 28°F / -2°C

Winter struck back today.

It was after a deep sleep that Ryd rose early, eager to explore more of this world, and maybe find more wolves. She didn’t really have a plan, and that was okay. Really all she wanted to do was improve her skills, become something formidable.

The petite spark flicked her tail and glared at the sky. It was not that she did not love snow. The girl had traveled far from the north, where winter reigned harshly. She grew up with her paws in the freeze, so to say. But since she’d arrived to this vast valley, she’d rather been getting used to the warmer weather, enjoying the coziness that had been steadily growing.

Oh well, she sighed to herself, as snowflakes landed on her maw. Her eyes scanned the area before her - a stark growth of jagged rock erupted from the hills, like a guard protecting untold treasures within. Well, Ryd would find those treasures. Preferably, they would be made of flesh and blood.

The she-wolf chose a smooth winding path into the rocky maze at random, passing through at her leisure between looming crags. The wind and snow tumbled through alongside her, howling whispering haunted melodies at her. Compelled so, she lifted her maw and howled back, singing along in lilting notes, as though it was a duet.

Sep 25, 2015 03:58 PM

[ ignore ]
Rotem is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Rotem Phena

Snow dappled her pelt, clinging desperately to brown strands of fur. Her travels did not end at the borders of this land. It spanned far and to the west, blanketed in a layer of snow now in the late winter season. Crisp snow crunched beneath her paws. A trail of paw-prints followed her, covered quickly by the heavily falling snow. She shivered, fluffed up her fur, narrowed her eyes and continued on.

A stranger again came into view. She blinked, holding out her tail behind her, muscles tensing. She was defensive, unsure of who stood in the snow. Their form was barely decipherable in the present weather, shrouded by falling flakes of snow. Curiosity got the better of the she-wolf and, with her head outstretched and wary steps, she made her way towards the other wolf.

The wind howled in her ear, and so did the other wolf. Rotem drew closer, suspicion growing within her. It was always wise to be wary of strangers, that much she had learned.

“Who are you calling for?” she asked. She stopped moving, standing not too close to the other but close enough so that they could hear her question. Her head was held high, weight balanced evenly between paws expertly placed upon the snow-laden ground. Behind her, her tail hung at her hindquarters, not conforming with the mood of the rest of her posture.

Sep 25, 2015 06:02 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Ryd Hal

Her large ears circled all around, playing her notes to the winds, lost in the gentle massage of the howl rising from her throat. So many wolves just assumed howls were only meant as messages, wasting their beautiful voices away instead of rejoicing in their own personal hymns. It was silly to her that a wolf should not enjoy howling simply for the pleasure of it all.

Like this female approaching here.

Ryd’s ears pricked at her approach, annoyed her howling was cut short. She whirled to face her, picking up something less than friendly from her tone, but not overly aggressive. Simple stranger’s suspicion? Whatever, it wasn’t important. Ryd exhaled to calm down, a half-grin of welcome playing on her maw at the stranger.

“No one, really. Singing with the wind,” she answered, in a tone that was not overly friendly nor angry. Just neutral, really, and tinged with a hint of a challenge to the female as she turned the silly question back on her. “Who are you looking for?” Ryd answered, expecting an answer quite identical to her own: no one.

Sep 25, 2015 07:16 PM — Post #2

Rotem is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Rotem Phena

Singing a chorus with the wind was not impressive to the wolf. Of course, she did not expect that the younger she-wolf would expect her to think such a duet impressive. Rotem turned her ears towards the stranger, listening to the words that followed the answer given to her own question. The timberwolf laid chestnut eyes upon the other wolf, her tail twitching briefly behind her before falling still once more.

“No one.”

She had not intended to give such a simple answer to the question. Rotem had intended to give more of an explanation to the other, to tell a tale of her travels, to explain why she was not looking for anyone. Yet, she stopped herself from saying too much. “I just came through the desert area a day or so ago,” Rotem said. She assumed it was a desert from the plants she could see in the snow, but the timberwolf truly wasn’t sure.

Sep 25, 2015 10:17 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Ryd Hal

There it was. Ryd could not help a smug grin as the female fell right into the answer. Perhaps it was clear to her now that one needn’t be doing something for the sole purpose of trying to seek out another.

Sometimes there was pleasure in just walking around and taking in the day. And sometimes there was pleasure in just singing to no one but yourself.

The stranger went on, justifying her aimless exploration. Ryd nodded, understanding - after all, she was wandering quite aimlessly herself. “The wasteland is pretty terrible,” she chimed in. “Good on you that you survived. Made it out all by yourself?” She asked the question, but then turned back to the path, aiming to keep walking through the butte. Since she was not going to be singing, she figured she’d look around for breakfast. The female was, of course, welcome to join in, though Ryd did not extend a formal invitation just yet.

Somewhere around here, she heard the gentle patter of scurrying mice.

Sep 25, 2015 10:28 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 ny2015 otm profile

|| Gonna just put this right here… ||

The encounter at the lake with Nyx, Finn, and Shade left the male’s feathers all ruffled in irritation. All he wanted was to have a moment alone with Nyx - possibly including some sexy times despite the fact that Rune would be too much of a coward to actually go forth with any such action - but instead their moment together was ruined forever. And Rune ain’t got no time for that.

He’d try to seek Nyx out again another day, but for now he was going to venture off on his own some more. Perhaps he’ll encounter other individuals who would be successful in taking his mind off the recent annoyances in his life. He also found himself wondering where Shade went, though the thought was fleeting after he assumed she’d go running back to his brother in the forest. Those two were a match made in heaven as far as he was concerned. They were both afraid of random things and only wanted to live in the forest and never experience anything new or exciting. Fools.

But here Rune was, teetering on the border of the hills and the dusty, dirty brown expanse of half-desert. He’d never been here before, but the scene made him reminisce about his first day prancing though the desert all that time ago. However, his thoughts were broken by the sound of a howl that suddenly cut off strangely short. Maybe they fell off a cliff and died. Nothing of Rune’s concern, really.

As he walked, he was confused as to why he came to this disgusting place. Everything was so…dirty…and he knew he was going to have a hell of a time cleaning the dust off his otherwise pristine coat later. He wouldn’t be able to go to Malakai in this state - his brother might laugh at his dirtiness and throw it back in his face to get revenge for all the times Rune told Kai that he was the ugly one of the family. Rune would not let Kai-Kai have the upper hand. When it came to looks, Rune would not be defeated.

Eventually the bloke’s pale green eyes met the image of two figures kinda sorta walking together. Or maybe they were standing. He couldn’t really tell, but either way he was interested. Though right now he was being moody and didn’t particularly care for any interaction with others. He figured he’d grace them with his presence, anyway, while he was here. He sort of picked up his pace and approached the two from behind and creeped on them a fairly good distance away before barking out his greeting suddenly.

“‘Ey! What are ya doin’ here?” Well, his tone was as pleasant as he could muster.

Oct 05, 2015 06:19 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Ryd Hal

( jump back in whenever phena :D )

The female fell silent, apparently bored of Ryd’s company, which would have made Ryd want to huff and puff had she not been preoccupied with hunting down mice and whatever other live bites turned up here. She scraped at the snow, looking for possible burrows in the rocky fortress. When she uncovered one with traces of mouse droppings wafting, she held deathly still.

Petite Ryd’s large ears cupped around, searching for hints of vibrations beneath the snow and rock. All had fallen under silence. Even her breath was still, and who know what the other girl was up to, but Ryd didn’t really pay attention to her.

She could hear the scratching.

Her heart beat with growing tempo, eyes gazing sharply as her ears pinpointed the source. No.. not there…

... there.

Her blue-grey gaze held, waiting…

“Ey!”

She damn near jumped out her skin, and whirled to fix her stare on the intruder. “What is with you males and sneaking up??!” She snarled before she really had a chance to calm down and assess the situation. It had been an observation that she had been dying to express for a few days now.

Oct 06, 2015 07:30 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)

The large black male pranced closer to the two females. One was slightly crouched over, as if she was desperately searching for something special, but he paid no mind to it. Maybe she was just trying to hear if a storm was coming or not. Never mind that she might be hunting for mice or something. That thought didn’t cross his mind as he sashayed forward.

After his friendly greeting became tangled up in her eardrums, he watched pleasantly as she jumped up and twirled around to face him, looking as if she was about to have a heart attack at any given moment. Her return greeting wasn’t as amiable, but Rune could work with it.

“Shouldn’t be so dramatic, lassie. I know I’m light on me wee feet, but I gave ya plenty o’ warnin’ I was comin’,” he defended himself, his tone dull and unamused. Once reaching the she-wolf, Rune hawked around her a few times to clearly get a good look at her. He didn’t resort to his own peacocking ways, however, despite the regal stance he naturally held.

“Yer an interestin’ lookin’ one,” he noted. Where was she from?

Oct 07, 2015 12:28 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Ryd Hal

If there was one thing that never failed to enrage Ryd, it was being told that she was being dramatic. Dramatic! Fire blazed in her cool eyes the moment he said it, in his silly little accent, and she felt the rage bubbling like magma. ”...Oh, I’ll show you dramatic,” she answered in a low, silky tone.

Her agitation was only compounded by how he took the liberty of sizing her up, as if she was supposed to sit still and pretty for him to gawk at like a buyer at a horse fair. Oh, she was interesting now too? Dramatic and interesting? She stalked right up to him when he was all done, jaw set rigidly as her whole expression blazed with barely held back anger, her body ridiculously small standing right in front of his… not that it mattered to her.

She lifted a paw menacingly.

And she slapped it hard at the snow, looking to strike him right in his big face with a spray of it.

Oct 07, 2015 10:59 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)

It seemed the she-wolf didn’t find what Rune said amusing and he stopped circling her and stared at her point-blank in the face as he watched her rage build. The bloke didn’t seem too concerned, as if he’d dealt with this situation many times before - because he had - and just stood there. It was kind of cute, the way she was getting all huffy and puffy and wanting to be a big bad wolf when, in Rune’s eyes, she was a darling little thing.

So he grinned and didn’t even try to hide it, knowing full well it might just enrage her even more.

He opened his mouth to talk again, but when he did his throat was met with a clean spray of snow. It also shot directly at his eyes and the rest of his face and, gulping down a mouthful of snow, he closed his mouth silently. Remaining calm and collected, he shook off all the white shit he could as fast as he could. There was no telling what this female had up her sleeve next and whatever it was, he wanted to be sure he was at least halfway prepared for it.

“Got a temper on ya, too, I see…” His green eyes peered into her grey ones, his expression unreadable. He’s met quite a few feisty sheilas lately that he’s become desensitized to these encounters. “Never mind that yer kinda cute. Yer fuckin’ attitude is downright godawful. All I did was say ‘lo to ya.” He furrowed his brow, clearly upset by her reaction to his presence.

“Maybe I’ll just keep goin’ then, since I’ve clearly tried t’ befriend tha unbefriendable.” He didn’t care that that wasn’t an actual word. The male turned his body to leave, giving one last swish of his fluffy tail, and started slowly prancing off past the girl. She’ll regret her action and call after me, he thought to himself as he feigned his departure.

Oct 07, 2015 11:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Ryd Hal

... What?

What?! Unbefriendable?!

If the little spark could explode, she would, right in his face. She settled for the next possible thing.

“I’m so not unbefriendable! You’re unbefriendable!” She yelled, feeling this horrible affront on her character completely unfair. “You…. you sneaky… hey!”

Suddenly he was moving away, all smug about it like he’d come to her bearing breakfast or something. No, he’d shocked her out of her hunt, then called her dramatic, and now unbefriendable. And now he was lumbering away all hurt about it? That. Would. Not. Do.

“Get back here!” she huffed, but closed the distance herself as she dashed after him, aiming her shoulder to bump into his huge rump in a body check so he’d stop walking away.

Oct 07, 2015 11:28 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)

As he started walking away he heard a little voice squeaking behind him, slowly becoming quieter and quieter with each foot of distance he put between them. He couldn’t even hear the girl or what she was saying, or if it was even her who was shrieking behind him like an angry bird, but he had no desires to turn around and look. He wouldn’t give her that satisfaction.

But then he felt a sudden, sharp pain in his ass. The impact wasn’t drastic enough to push him over, but he did falter in his steps to the side a bit. Whirling around with his teeth slightly bared in a warning, he mostly met her with pouting. “Will ya STOP tryin’ ta HARM me??!” He exclaimed, his tone more hurt than actually angry.

“If ya want me body, all ya have to do is ask! Ya don’t have’ta hurt me ta get whatcha want!” Rune never met a female who wanted him so badly that she resorted to physically disarming him. He was both flattered and scared by the enthusiasm. He also wanted to make one more thing clear…

“Even if ya did ask, tho’, I wouldn’t say yes. Ya ruined that with the snow.” Children. They were both children. But Rune wouldn’t admit he was wrong - that was the opposite of the Rune way. If anyone was going to surrender here, he’d make sure it was her.

Oct 07, 2015 11:44 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Ryd Hal

(Sorry for the wait!!! <3)

The success of her “attack” filled her with victor’s pride, a small smirk lighting on her maw, but that only lasted until he bared his fangs and yelled. An ear flicked back, her eyes wide at first from the teeth inches from her face, but also his expression.

They soon rolled back in annoyance, after she’d recovered from a brief tour of feeling bad about his pouting. Still, she could feel her grip on her earlier anger slipping. This guy was full of himself in a way that just begged for her to mess with. “Oh sure. I want you so badly. Screaming and tackling are just how I express my insane lust. Your huge ass just got me soworked up.”

A hint of a grin on her face, despite her sarcasm, her general irritation from before dissipating fast. Caught in the mood for playing around now, she gasped and faked the most hurt expression at his rejection. She could keep playing this game, for sure.

“But the snow was just me telling you how cool you are!” Ryd protested with a pout of her own, eyes almost threatening tears.

Oct 10, 2015 10:14 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)

|| Since you want me to post so badly, here you go <3~ ||

The she-wolf retorted and Rune couldn’t be too sure if she was sincere or if her words were on a level of sarcasm he couldn’t detect, which really would just be level one sarcasm since he has a hard time detecting it to begin with. Either way, he turned his head off to the side with his green eyes still narrowed skeptically at her. Quietly, he spoke. “My ass isn’t huge, it’s perfect…” It may have been too quiet for the girl to hear, but he was partially offended by that statement.

The argument-turned-lustful-encounter for the female was quite surprising to the large male. Surprising, but not surprising. Not surprising, because he’s experienced many females who have gone along with his flirtings just to make a fool out of him. Surprising, because this one actually seemed to be serious. And frankly, it was too much for him to handle. His heart belonged to another wolf, even if he didn’t realize it because his cold heart was three sizes too small.

Speaking of cold….

Rune wasn’t sure what the birdie meant by the snow told her how cool he looked. Was that supposed to be punny? Or was she crazy and talked to inanimate objects and phenomenons in nature? The painted male cocked his head in confusion to her words and let the awkward tension hang between them for a moment; mostly he wanted to make sure she realized it was her who created the awkwardness of the situation. He wasn’t going to take the bait in the form of her sweet-talking ways.

“If yer gonna try ta pout, at least look cute while ya do it…” He muttered, indifferent to whether or not she was actually upset. “And if yer gonna be hangin’ around me for a wee bit, then at least tell me yer name, I guess…” To the untrained ear, this simply sounds like Rune was trying to submerge the conversation into a deeper level for the sake of formalities. However, those who actually knew Rune would know it was his way of trying to compromise. “I’d also ‘preciate it if you could tone down yer loins’ desires. I know I’m a wanted man; that means I gotta protect me body.”

His mind was still on Nyx, though. She made him feel pathetic, like there was a vice grip on his balls, but he couldn’t help it. He didn’t even recognize the feeling and, therefore, wouldn’t be able to express it outwardly if given the chance. At least, not coherently. Being here with this female and having her all up in his grill, Rune couldn’t help but feel weirdly guilty. He’d never come to this point in his life prior to now and he couldn’t push himself to be the Rune he’d always been - the overly flirtatious wolf with no respect for boundaries.

Realizing he was losing himself, he blinked mindlessly at the female in front of him, obvious there were suddenly no thoughts occupying his head for a second. Naturally his first response to bouncing back into reality was criticizing whoever was around him. “Do you talk ta random shit normally, by the way? It’s a wee bit strange…” He quirked a brow at her. He wanted answers.

Then his gaze shifted to the other female straggling aimlessly behind them, not seeming to realize they had frolicked about near her, yelled some, and then ran off further. He glanced back to the lusty one. “And who’s that bitch? She blind er somethin’?” He motioned his snout to her briefly, but his gaze got tangled on her image in the background. The expression on the chocolate male’s face turned quizzical. “She’s kinda cute.” Rune has no shame.

Oct 10, 2015 11:35 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Oh man, now look at him playing all hard to get. Ryd quirked a brow at his nonchalant responses, getting the urge to yell again when he said she wasn’t cute.

She was so cute.

She’d never met anyone so infuriating. As he went on to request her name is a weird, roundabout way, she huffed, maintaining her hurt charade, though it was just a bit tinged with truthfulness. She was absolutely cute. And befriendable… if that was that a word. Even if it wasn’t… she was befriendable.

“You can’t stop the way I feel about your body,” she answered huskily, her brain melting inside in protest as she continued this ridiculous game. But given his reaction so far, maybe if she just pushed the borders of insanity a little more, she might scare him so much that he’d run away in fear. Which would be a shame, because this was oddly fun, in a cringey kind of way.

Until he lighted on her “talking to random shit.” She had absolutely no idea what he was on about. “Are you calling yourself random shit?” She asked, genuinely worried about his self-esteem now. But like a fat, annoying gnat, he flew onto another topic, and her concern faded fast. Oh, she’s cute, but I’m not?

Ryd fought every urge to bare her teeth. She didn’t know why - most definitely it was the madness of the season - but while she wanted no direct attention from males this year, she could not stand to see another female getting attention that she wasn’t being given. It wasn’t normally something she’d be perturbed by in her usual daily life, but winter had a way of wreaking havoc on her mind. Even though she was not into him at all, and she was just faking an insane lust for him until she got bored of it.

“The rocks around here have more personality than she does, but maybe that’s the kind of girl you want.” Ryd scoffed irrationally.

Fucking hormones.

She decided to totally ignore his request for her name. She wasn’t all that sure she really wanted another weird male knowing who she was, though this one was a totally different kind of weird than Vandal. But given how she was approaching this encounter, she wanted him to like, never see her again. Unless he suddenly became nicer and less insulty. Then she’d have to be nice too and break it to him gently that she was totally faking all her crazy.

Oct 11, 2015 12:34 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Rune Etienne Erin Staff
Achievements (?)

The girl’s voice grew husky, seductive almost, and Rune rose a brow at it. He understood her sexual frustration with him. “That’s a pretty common way for others ta feel when they see this living masterpiece, but…ya gotta fight them urges, ya know?” His tone turned sympathetic. Was he giving her life lessons now? It seemed she needed to be educated on how to control her raging hormones and it was fortunate for her that Rune was here to do just that. He’s had a lot of practice in that area of life.

Rather than becoming increasingly uncomfortable by this situation, Rune grew more indifferent by the minute. It fed his ego if nothing else, though it was a reaction he typically expected to see when he makes his grand entrances. She started out as angry, but he knew it was just her trying to mask her confusion by her feelings for him. And now, her lustful side was shining through.

But then she indirectly called him “random shit” and he furrowed his brow more. “Of course I’m not random shit. I’m Rune, silly girl.” His name was dropped and he turned his head and body slightly to the side to fan himself out, as if smoothing out his appearance for her to take it all in at once and put a name with the majestic form she’d been laying her eyes on the past several minutes.

At the mention of the other straggling female being cute, this one became a little ball of fluffy anger again and Rune smirked. She didn’t like other females getting attention, eh? What a shame since he now had firepower behind his attacks.

“At least those kinds o’ lasses won’t beat me with words and then try to reel me back in. I know what I’m gettin’ meself into with those kinds o’ gals.” His gaze shifted to the female in the back, successfully feigning a look of longing.

Oct 11, 2015 10:20 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.