Roleplay Forums | Map

I See the World in a new Light
[continuation] with Marcus / Morning

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Time went by to quick. Amber orbs fluttered open and peered around the den. It took her a moment to realize why she wasn’t cold like normal. Eyes flickered to the white fur of the male her laid curled around her.

At first, a smile caressed her features, but then confusion and… fear enveloped her. The girl was not used to this. She would have been punished for being so close to, well, anyone. Part if her wanted to stay, snuggled up, but the other part felt so much confusion and anxiety… It overwhelmed her.

Now slowly getting up, making sure she did not wake Wight, the girl padded to the entrance of the den and sat… still inside the dome. Golden eyes glanced a few times at the sleeping beast.

Why?

Memories if last night played like a movie in her mind. She had cried… He had cried. They both showed their broken sides… it had felt nice. However, the girl didn’t know how to feel anymore.

Furrowing her brows, she peered out at the valley. A sliver of it rising over the cliff edge. That dark cloud was still there. Where had it come from?

Dec 17, 2017 12:33 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

His sleep had been restless, between Jean, bad dreams, and the pain in his sides. He’d been awake for some time by dawn, having spent the night dipping in and out of unconsciousness every several minutes. When his eyes finally opened, crusted over by the tears they’d shed, he noticed the wolf who’d slept in his grasp was gone. He turned his head weakly to scan the room.

She was there still, sitting by the door. She looked awkward and out of place, despite how nicely the light framed her.

And a pika. There was a dead pika next to her. He wondered if that was Spice’s doing.

“Jean,” Marcus huffed in his gravelly voice, hoisting himself back upward to slog over to the she-wolf. It only took him a couple of steps to close the small gap between them, and when he had, he sat, leaving a brief distance still.

“Are you alright?”

He knew she probably wasn’t, and that was fine; he wasn’t either—but he must be cordial, nonetheless.

Dec 17, 2017 12:50 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A shaky breath rattled her chest as her name was called. The voice gravely. Jean knew it was Wight, but it felt almost as if it weren’t real. As if the world was trying to play a harsh joke on her. She would turn around, and he would be gone.

However, heavy, yet weak paw steps scraped across the ground then stopped.

Are you alright?

“I… I don’t know anymore… no, I don’t think I am… I don’t know,” she admitted, her head turning to her paws for a moment before taking a glance at the male.

It wasn’t like she could say: so I’m feeling stuff I’ve never felt and I’m confused. Tell me what it is….  that would be completely strange.

“You shouldn’t be wasting energy” she said with a light smile. The woman knew he was in a great deal of pain. Why did he get up then?

Dec 17, 2017 12:57 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“I… I don’t know anymore…”

Marcus sighed heavily. This was his fault, wasn’t it? He should have known better than to lay himself bare to her so soon. He should’ve known better than to do it at all. He’d burdened Jean and Spice so much already. Slowly, the man’s shoulders began to slump.

“This is not a waste,” he assured her lowly, watching her from his periphery as he looked out over the valley, framed by her and the trees.

Dec 17, 2017 01:10 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

There was a moment of silence. Jean feared she had angered him, or made him feel strange. At the thought, her muscles tensed. Then his voice returned.

It wasn’t a waste.

It was to her. Jean just thought so little if herself, that everything involving her was nothing important. It was how she was raised and what she was told.

Jean, the girl who killed her mother, ugly, trouble followed her everywhere, annoying and so many other words that were thrown her way when she was younger.

Then her head turned to look over the male. He was sitting up, still not his full height because his shoulders were… slumping.

Brows furrowed and a soft smile crept upon her face as she now got up herself and took a few steps towards him. Taking a breath, she positioned himself right beside him. She had told him he wasn’t alone.

“Would you like to go outside with me? Not far… I don’t want you to get hurt, but… It is a beautiful day and I imagine you are getting bored in this dusty place” she said, now peering up at him.

Dec 17, 2017 01:17 PM — Post #4

Alegna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Alegna Spicer Angie

Here she was again. It was a daily habit for her. Even with the ash she was setting out some herbs. Ones Wight might need, intent on getting them dry. The ash would only affect the taste a little, it wasn’t as if it was raining. It wasn’t as bad here as she expected it was further down in the valley. The ash fell and the wind blew it away. It didn’t accumulate like snow would, not here.

At least, not in the open.

Even if it did, ash was good for plants. It would help her herbs. Since intruding last night she had stayed out here and when the sun had shone in her eyes as it started to rize on the distant horizon, she had gotten up and into action. Alegna was never idle for too long. With some vervain laid out to dry properly, she was carrying the rest to plant it. She’d decided this would be planted not far from the healing den itself.

Next to one of the tall fir trees that towered over the area, only a few lengths away from the holes she’d dug for both her patients and her herbs. yes, this would be ideal. The right amount of light and the right terrain for the little plant.

So she set herself to digging, unaware that her guests had begun to stir.

Dec 17, 2017 01:34 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

And, just as bitter thoughts began roving his mind again, Jean stood, and sat at his side. When their haunches touched, it all bled away, leaving him to breathe again. Marcus picked up his head, straightening his shoulders some to look at Jean. His jaw had gone just a slight bit slack.

“Would you like to go outside with me?”

He hadn’t left the den since they’d made it back. How long had it been? Not very, his mind reasoned, though the sleepless nights had made it feel much longer.

“Mm,” Marcus affirmed, providing Jean a nod as well to display his readiness. He needed to go outside; feel the sun for a bit. Breathe something besides the stale air of the den. Fighting his aches, the pallid male pushed his hinds to straighten again, and hold his weight. He looked to his caretaker once more, beckoning her as he might a friend—and a potential crutch, should his weakness call for it.

Dec 17, 2017 02:06 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Jean smiled as he replied. He wanted to go outside with her. It would be good for the male… to get some fresh air, and maybe they could relax and talk?

Then the large marshmellow got up, the brown female quickly went to his side. If he didn’t need her, then he could say so. It wouldn’t hurt her feelings… maybe. Jean had been an emotional wreck for so long.

“Shall we?” She said with a side smile. Then the woman began to move slowly out if the den.

Dec 17, 2017 02:12 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Alegna Spicer Angie

Alegna heard a bit of commotion, a voice, but she let them do as they wished. She had a hunch about the two young wolves and she was content to let it play out. Even if all that arose from it was finding a best friend, she mostly wanted to give them space. Still, this was her home, and she was bound to be present here or there.

She’d struck a root while digging and she stopped and redirected her digging to the right of it. Satisfied, she filled the hole in partially and pushed at it with her nose. Then she stood the vervain in carefully and leaned it against the dirt she’d already scooped in. From there her nose was working to get the rest of the disturbed soil back in place. When the little sprig was standing indignant against the dark ground, she stood and packed it down with muddied paws.

Dec 17, 2017 06:47 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Shall we?”

Marcus’s joints insisted they shall not, but, with some of his weight being supported by Jean, the pallid male nodded.

“You lead,” he told her raggedly, eyes fixed near her paws so that he could reflect her gait once they began moving.

Dec 18, 2017 03:43 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Jean couldn’t help but smile as her tail swayed slightly, but not to much so it wouldn’t knock the male off balance. She could feel his aching bones and muscles… The woman had pity for the large male.

Why was he going with her if he was suffering? Maybe she would address this once they settled down in some soft grass.

With that, the girl began to walk, slowly at first so he could stay with her, but then a bit faster.

Amber eyes turned to Spice who seemed to be busy. Being the sweet female she was, Jean only gave a nod and smile… if the older woman noticed. Jean didn’t want to interrupt the important task of her mentor.

Dec 18, 2017 03:48 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Alegna Spicer Angie

Alegna had already planted the vervain and was contemplating which to do next. She had several herbs she wished to plant before the rains came again. Movement from the little den space had her head swinging around. Oh, they were awake. She made no indication about having stumbled in the night before during their cuddling and crying.

Instead, she nodded to Jean and wandered over, watching as they emerged. “Wight’s dose for today is in the middle of the herb niche,” she informed Jean. “Well, for this morning. I’ll show you his dose for tonight later on. I hope you’re feeling better, Wight.”

she peered at them for a moment and then nodded her head dismissively and trotted off to retrieve one of the other herbs - stinging nettle - that she intended to plant in her forest.

/skippable but present. will post her at random unless addressed

Dec 18, 2017 05:30 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Jean led Marcus with a careful step, if not rigid with caution over his bony frame. He wondered if he really looked as bad as he seemed, curious of how much his fur helped to disguise his sunken ribs, and protruding hips. He hadn’t seen himself in weeks… Probably months. Staring down at his gaunt paws, Marcus came to the conclusion that he must’ve looked something like a walking skeleton.

Before he knew it, Spice had closed the gap between him and Jean, and was addressing them. The pallid male lifted his head to regard the herbalist, who had relieved so much of his pain over the days—and put up with his foibles.

How inconvenient he was. Marcus breathed a hefty sigh as she spoke.

“I hope you’re feeling better, Wight.”

He was—somewhat. His muscles hurt less, and the aches in his joints were beginning to ebb.

But something was growing in his chest. He couldn’t breathe as well at night. His cough was beginning to get worse. His lungs felt weaker…

By the time he’d mustered the words to tell her this, Spice had nodded her head, and returned to her work. Marcus promptly hung his head again to watch his feet as Jean would surely lead him again.

He could speak to her later. He’d bothered her so much already, anyways.

Dec 18, 2017 07:57 PM — Post #12

[ Edited: Dec 18, 2017 08:27 PM by Marcus ]
Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Jean nodded. “Ok, thank you Spice. Ill make sure he gets it” a soft smirk appeared on her maw as she took a glance at the male. Jean knew he didn’t like the taste of herbs, so it would be fun to get him to take it.

The woman continued on to the field near by. “Are you sure you want to… do this? If you don’t want to, just tell me. I don’t want to force you to do anything” she stated as she looked at the ground for a moment. “Making you unhappy is the last thing I want to do” she said.

Man, she must sound so stupid at the moment… or annoying.

Dec 18, 2017 08:44 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Marcus Wight maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marcus may have caught Jean’s little smirk, had his gaze not been fixed on his paws. He would have recoiled at the thought of taking anymore herbs, recalling their bitterness with contempt—especially the nettle. But his thoughts had begun to wander, and his eyes had glazed. Plants were the furthest thing from his mind…

His breath hitched. In his head, Marcus saw the grass under his paws turn crimson. His ears rang faintly.

“Are you sure you want to… do this?”

It was as if the world had rushed back to meet him in one swift, dazing movement. Marcus lifted his head to look at Jean, laboring to seem as present as he could.

”... unhappy is the last thing I want to do.”

The pallid male nodded, and gave Jean a quiet “mm” of affirmation.

Dec 19, 2017 01:36 PM — Post #14

[ Edited: Dec 19, 2017 04:17 PM by Marcus ]
Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The male appeared to go into a trance. Then he snapped out of it. He gave a mutter of something. He obviously wasnt ok… But maybe some fresh air would help him with that?

Jean continued on… Shifting her weight every now and then to make sure she didnt drop him.

After walking for a few minutes… The woman found a nice tree. There… She began to lower herself down so Wight could get comfortable.

Dec 19, 2017 01:48 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.