Roleplay Forums | Map

withoot ye, whit’s ra point?
Early summer, late afternoon

Scott is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scott Peregrine Blaine-White Jeames

His father had always been the most important wolf to him. The fastest, the strongest, the most fair. The best. In his eyes, Tobias had always been immortal. Of course Scott knew that wolves could not live on forever, but as a kid, he had never thought about wolves dying, he had never been bothered by it. He always believed that wolves who disappears just wanted to leave, and never come back. He had never considered anyone would have died, until now. Maybe his mother was dead, maybe Gale was dead. Was Tempest dead? What about Bravo?

First Tobias had seemed immortal to him, but then he died. And now, Scott was dying. At least, he believed this was how a slow death felt… He hadn’t eaten in a long time. He had left home a month ago, had traveled the world, grieving his father. And in his grief, he had found no energy to hunt. He could hunt, but he just… didn’t feel like it.

Scott had always wanted to be like his father, he had wanted to follow in his foot steps. He had wanted to speak his language, he had wanted to become a Guard, like his father. And Scott had made it, he had done it all. But now with his father gone, what did it even matter? There was no one to impress, anymore. No one.

The male was literally all on his own, now. Completely utterly alone, with no goal in life, no purpose. Where was he supposed to go? What was he going to do? Slowly die from starvation? Scott couldn’t bring himself to hunt…

He just wandered, aimlessly, moving south.

Dec 30, 2017 09:56 AM

[ ignore ]
Jean is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Jean was out on her normal run around the area. She was searching for some herbs and maybe new plants that spice could teach her about. It was becoming rather boring since she was always alone.

Wight was not getting better, and spice was busy with other things. The girl sighed as she treked on. She remembered that it didn’t matter what she thought… Spice and Wight came before her own needs.

Therefore, she continued on until she spotted a brown and… what other colors were in his pelt? He appeared almost sparkly. It was a fascination to the curious girl.

She took a few steps forward, “Howdy” she said in her country accent.

Dec 30, 2017 10:39 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Scott didn’t know anymore. Life was so much harder than he first had thought. But to be honest he wasn’t really trying anymore. With his father dead, his mind was no longer in survival mode. Everything was too hard. He was so lost in thought he had not noticed another wolf approaching. At first… looking at her face- he thought he saw his mother. But she was not that wolf. The eyes were a different color, if Scott remembered his mother’s eyes correctly… a sea foam green. These were… not that.

To be honest, she looked quite like him. Both a brown coat, both dark faces. It was eerie; it was like he was looking at hid reflection. Though, a female version, and she was a lot smaller than him. She greeted him, and Scott stopped, for a moment, he didn’t know what to say. He had not spoken English in a while, and while he could understand it, he doubted he could still speak it. He had tried to be so much like his father… and his father’s family only spoke Scottish. Would she understand him?

Was it even worth it, to talk to her? Maybe it was just a waste of time…

His stomach grumbled, but Scott ignored it. He stood there frozen, staring at her. Speak, boy, speak. ’‘Uh… Guid evenin’...’‘ he greeted back in response, staring at her warily.

Dec 30, 2017 10:53 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Though quite and shy, Jean was very good at observing and listening. First, she noticed his rather sad aura. The girl could relate. She had spirts of depression. He seemed down, and Jean wanted to fix it. No one deserved to be unhappy.

Second, Jean noticed his stomach. A soft smile appeared on her maw. With a wave if her tail, she looked the boy over. She guessed he was around her age, but younger.

“Would you like somethin to eat?” She asked tilting her head. Then the girl noticed his accent. It was absolutely beautiful! Jean had never heard anything like it.

“I’m Norma Jean, by the way. You can call me Jean though if you wish” she offered.

Dec 30, 2017 11:05 AM — Post #3

Name Player

She… offered him something to eat? A total stranger, and she asked him if he wanted something to eat? Scott wasn’t sure if she was actually nice or trying to lure him into some sort of trap. The boy had become highly wary of strangers since the whole deal with the guy at the meadow, claiming it by force after the Idavoll Circle fell apart. Scott didn’t know what to say to the first thing, so he remained quiet for a bit, in a daze, confused.

But she introduced herself. Good wolves introduced themselves, right? Or was this all a trap? He sniffed, but there didn’t seem to be anyone else nearby. It was just them. Say something, Scott.

’‘Ah, uh… Ah dinna need- ye dinna have tae-’‘ Scott rambled. He didn’t want to be a victim, he didn’t want to be pitied, but his stomach had other ideas, and at the mention of food it grumbled again. Scott winced in response.

Regain yourself! Intoductions, NOW! ’‘Ah’m… ma name’s Scott Peregrine W- Blaine.’‘ he said. Sorry ma, but da was his role model. Finch had disappeared on the boy too soon, too early in his life. His father had been there until the end.

He… didn’t know what else to say. He felt utterly nervous around strangers, lately.

’‘Um… gled tae meet ye?’‘

Dec 30, 2017 11:15 AM — Post #4

[ Edited: Dec 30, 2017 11:34 AM by Scott ]
Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Jean gave her full attention to her new companion. She didn’t have to? The girl folded her ears back sheepishly. “I mean, if aye cen help, then aye will” she said. “And aye cen help you” she stated.

He then gave his full name. Jean frowned for only a moment. She didn’t have a last name… She didn’t think so at least. Either way, “it’s nice to meet you too” she said politely.

“Mind joining meh on a walk? I stored a rabbit in a tree hole on my daily walk” she said. “It should still beh fresh” she noted aloud.

“Aye would enjoy the company as well” she ended with a gentle smile.

Dec 30, 2017 11:37 AM — Post #5

Name Player

She offered it again, and Scott became suspicious. She had stored a rabbit somewhere, wanted him to come with her. And Scott didn’t trust her, he didn’t want to. But at the same time, he needed food… He decided that if it was a trap, he would just have to fight his way out. He had been promoted to guard at the age of nine months, he could fight if he had to. And he would fight tooth and nail to get out.

And if it was no trap, and she really had food, then he would… live. But what did he live for, now? His father was dead, his mother had left them, his brother disappeared and his sister abandoned them. His father had been his everything. And now he was gone. And Scott didn’t know what to do with himself.

What did he live for?

He could, maybe, find a new pack, a new family, become a Guard there, a protector. He could fight for them. He just… needed to find something. He would give up once he was sure there was nothing out there. But for now, Scott guessed he would try to live.

’‘Hmm… ‘kay. Lead ra way, Jean.’‘

He would follow, and he would see what would happen.

Dec 30, 2017 11:45 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Jean was happy he would be joining her. Maybe a change of companion would make life less of a cycle?

The brown female nodded. Then she began to walk away. However, she turned back to see if he would actually follow.

“So, where do you come frem?” She asked. Jean had always wanted to see the world. Maybe he could give her some in site?

Jean continued at a comfortable place. The male would be able to keep up easily… and then some… because he was larger and had longer leg stride.

Dec 30, 2017 11:54 AM — Post #7

Name Player

Jean walked, and Scott followed. She asked where he came from, and Scott assumed she was asking him where he had been born. The question made his chest tighten, and suddenly he was unable to swallow, as if something was stuck in his throat. ’‘Ah… ah wis born ‘ere. In dis glen- eh… valley. At ra meadow. Da an’ ah left efter ma Ma an’ bro an’ sis disappeared…’‘

He fell quiet for a moment, wondering if Tempest, Gale, Finch and even Bravo were still in the valley. Although, he doubted it… But, if he did come across them, he wouldn’t be sure how to respond to them. He already knew that. He would probably cry, or run away.

’‘Ma Da passed awa, so ah cam back ‘ere…’‘

It were sad memories, all of them.

Dec 30, 2017 12:04 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Good. Scott followed rather easily. However, Jean imagined it was only for the food part. Maybe she could change his goals? It would be difficult, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Then the male started to reply. Jean folded her ears. She ran through his words over and over again. It was a bit hard to scramble through what he said and decide their meaning.

She eventually understood. “I’m sorry…” She began. “My mother died giving birth to me… my father blamed me… so he gave me away and when I did see him… he abused me” she ended. The woman she was given to also abused her… mentally so did her children. Scott didn’t need to know that though.

Her nose wiggled in search of the rabbit. She picked up the scent and started heading that way.

Dec 30, 2017 12:27 PM — Post #9

Name Player

Looked like Jean too had gone through a lot, though Scott wasn’t sure if her story was real or not. She might be trying to have Scott pity her, or it might be real, and she was just sharing her story, like Scott had. He listened to her, and his ears pressed back lightly. ’‘Ah’m sorry tae hear thon…’‘ he told her. It was the first thing that came to mind to say, and the only thing he could say.

He watched quietly as she sniffed around, wondering if the rabbit was buried here. So far they were still alone, so Scott relaxed a little more, assuming it was safe, and that Jean was genuine. She moved again, and Scott followed. ’‘Ye live ‘ere?’‘ he asked Jean, quietly. Or was she a traveler, like him?

Dec 30, 2017 12:35 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Jean heard his reply. She rolled her shoulders. “Eh, I can’t do anything about it… only move forward and not let it bog me down” she said.

However, she was doing a terrible job at that. Jean was trying, so that was a start… right?

Then he asked if she lived here. “Not… really. I am being taught by an older woman here in the mountains… and helping nurse a man back to health. She said I can stay as long as I wish, but I want to see the world…” She sighed. Would spice let her leave easily?

Then the girl padded up to a tree and stood up. She then stuck her head in a hole and dragged a rabbit out of it. Jean then nudged it to the boy. “Here you go, still warm” she said with a smile.

Dec 30, 2017 12:46 PM — Post #11

Name Player

Move forward. If only Scott could move forward. But he was literally starving himself, which was idiotic. But he didn’t knew what else to do with his life. Jean told him she stayed around here, that she was taught something by someone. Listening to the context, Scott assumed she was learning how to use herbs, and how to heal others. Scott had always wanted to help others, though he had never looked into herbs and healing… He was a patient guy, but he wasn’t sure if he actually wanted to learn healing.

’‘If ye want tae see ra world, why no dae it?’‘ he asked her. If Jean wanted to travel, she should just do it. The two wolves were not keeping her in the mountains, or anything, right? Unless she felt obliged to help the sick or hurt wolf?

She found the rabbit, and nudged it over to him, offering him the food. Scott could really eat it? It was his now? It seemed a bit… unfair. He assumed jean had caught it, and she probably had buried it for herself to eat later. Why would she give it to him? Scott hesitated.

There was not much meat on a rabbit but… ’‘Want tae share? Feel bad jist takin’ it fur maself… Ah mean, ye went an’ caught it, naw?’‘

Dec 30, 2017 12:58 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Scott asked a very good question. Why didn’t she go see the world? “Well…  I don’t really know. I was planning on seeing the world… possibly find a friend or family… something like that. Something good” she said.

“Then I ran into Wight… he was hurt and starving, so I wanted to help him. Then Spice offered to teach me herbs. I imagined that could help me in the future. Also… I love learning new things. No one cared about me in my old pack… so I wasn’t really taught anything. I just observed and learned that way” she said.

“But yeah… I want to see the world… someday” she stated. “What about you? What do you want to do?” She asked.

Then Scott offered to share. Jean smiled. “Take what you want, and then ill eat the rest” she replied.

Dec 30, 2017 01:24 PM — Post #13

Name Player

Ah, so she did feel the need to help that one wolf, and she wanted to learn more about herbs. Scott might want to pick up on herbs later but… not right now. He was still struggling to keep himself moving, after all. First he would need to look after himself, before he could look after others other…

’‘Ah’m no really sure… Ah guess ah’m lookin’ fur a pack? Or at least… someone tae look efter. Ah mean, ah used tae want thae. I used tae want tae be like ma da…’‘ Scott explained, but that was when he was a pup, still full of hope, still so happy and jolly. How foolish he had been, to think he could make the world a better place, to keep everyone together and happy.

He looked at the rabbit, and carefully went to lay down in front of it. He sniffed the prey some more, and then started tearing at the skin and flesh, biting off small pieces. What did he want with his life? If he did continue to live on, he wanted to be like his father, he wanted to walk into his father’s foot steps. He wanted to find a family, a pack to protect. He wanted to be a Guard again, and he wanted to teach others his father’s speech… his speech. If they wanted to learn it.

But those dreams seemed so far away, now. Because Scott had nothing, and no one. And starting over would cost plenty of energy and time…

Dec 30, 2017 01:34 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Jean Slash-GNR

Jean laid down as well. Then she nodded. “I’ve always wanted to meet a pack that wasn’t… cruel” she sighed. “I suppose they are out there” she stated.

“Why don’t you want to be like your Da anymore?” She asked tilting her head.

The girl watched as he began to take small bites. She would hold off until he was done.

Dec 30, 2017 01:52 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.