Roleplay Forums | Map

Playtime
HY4 | Early summer | Late morning | Relic has the zoomies

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts otm profile

Sunny. It was perfectly sunny without a single hint of a cloud in sight. Relic was a happy boy.

The second the Lumen’s eyes settled on the sunlight-bathed basin, his heart skipped a beat of joy and he quickly made his way to the water. A sudden playful streak enthused his body as he dashed through the trees towards the lake, ignoring any and all signs of blood-lusting hummingbirds that seemed to hate him for no reason at all.

Paws hit the fallen pine needles as they thudded against the earth, lacking the grace they normally exhibited. Hopefully nobody was napping nearby, otherwise they’d probably be woken up by their over-excited leader sprinting his way to meet the end of the treeline.

It didn’t take him long, and once he saw the water’s edge come into view he picked up his pace. The short remaining distance was fleeting as he carried himself to the shore’s edge and, without hesitation, jumped off and into the water. However, he didn’t really think his positioning through in his random burst of zoomies, resulting in his stomach meeting the water flatly - and painfully - before his head dipped underneath the surface.

Jan 01, 2018 07:14 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)
100posts 250posts otm profile

Astred had needed a bath—and desperately.  Her fur was still matted with dirt from her spar with Damien and her tail still coated in deer blood.  She wasn’t a pretty sight to be seen.  So, grumbling and picking herself up from her previous position near the lake, the tawny blonde lass began to trot towards the waters, thinking she may catch a rabbit or two if she were lucky.

What she found at the lake was not tranquility nor rabbits, but their Lumen, splashing around in the waters.  At first Astred’s jaw dropped slightly, abashed by seeing their leader indulge in such frivolous behavior.  But, never mind that.  She was here to bathe and she would do just that.  “Hope I’m not intruding,”  She called out lightly, nothing more or less than a smirk to accompany Astred’s features.

She waded in a few hundred feet away from the Lumen, allowing her fur to soak up the lake water.  Flecks of dirt and blood came off and washed away with small, agile waves.  With any luck, her fur would return to it’s usual soft and silky texture after washing it.

She did nothing more after that than watch the Lumen with curiosity.  What was he doing?

Jan 02, 2018 07:27 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

When Relic’s head resurfaced, his face had already contorted into a wincing grimace at the subtle pain from his belly flop. It radiated around his core, but was gone quicker than he could really dwell on it. Might be sore for a short while, though.

A familiar voice floated to his ears and he doggy paddled around to see Astred wading into the water. He wondered how undignified he must look right now. Oh well. He was having fun and that’s all that mattered. Sometimes he earned it from running around like a chicken with his head cut off everywhere.

“It’s all right,” he called out, wondering if she came to relax, as well. The Lumen didn’t see her appearance before she’d submerged into the water to know she was ridding herself of dirt and blood.

But now he had to make small talk, which caught him off guard some. He hadn’t planned on meeting anyone else here, but he wasn’t opposed to it either. This was what he had been meaning to do, anyway - getting to know his packmates.

“What are you up to, Astred?” He asked as he swirled around in the water, legs pumping underneath to keep him afloat.

Jan 02, 2018 02:56 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

“What are you up to, Astred?”  She wasn’t expecting him to talk to her.  She wasn’t even entirely sure she wanted to be talked to.  All she wanted was to rid herself of filth, and then she would be gone.  Even so, the guardian figured that making small talk was the polite thing to do, even if she disliked it.

“Oh, you know.  Something devious.  But I need a partner in crime,  want to join?”  Her ears flicked at sarcasm poured out of her mouth, a witty smirk upon her features.  She was clearly joking, but wouldn’t mind if Relic played along.  She didn’t really care either way.

The tawny female began to groom herself under the water, completely eradicating any leftover mud or blood that had wanted to stick around.  When she thought she was clean enough, Astred waded back to the shore, searching for a rock to dry herself on.

A flat, granite colored boulder seemed to suit her needs well enough, and the guardian was pleased to find that it was already warm from the sunlight.  So, stretching herself onto it, she shook herself out, resting her blonde head on her slightly darker paws.

Perhaps pack life wasn’t as exciting as she’d hoped.  But at least it was peaceful.

Jan 02, 2018 04:05 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic started paddling in circles as she spoke. “Mmmm…” he hummed thoughtfully, mulling over her proposition. “What kind of devious?” He asked, discontinuing his circles when he faced her directly and quirked a brow.

“As long as I don’t get in trouble for it. I have a reputation to uphold, you know,” he mused, a smirk extending up the side of his face. Maybe she was referring to a hunt or something. Or playing a harmless prank on someone. Relic needed to take pointers in the department of fun and games.

He watched as Astred made her way to shore to shake out her coat and rest on a warm rock. Feeling the minor throb in his legs from the constant swimming, the Lumen decided it was time to get out of the water, as well. However, he didn’t attempt to make an approach towards Astred. He wasn’t a wolf who necessarily relished in closeness. So long as he could hear the other speak, a quaint distance resting between him and the other party was comfortable by his standards.

The timber padded to the shore a few feet away from Astred. Once his sopping wet body was pulled out of the water, surely looking like a wet bony rat with how his coat was sticking so tightly to him, he gave his body a good shake before facing Astred again and plopping to the ground.

Jan 02, 2018 04:13 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

Hearing the sound of soggy footsteps growing closer, Astred opened one eye to regard Relic as the male drew near, plopping down mere feet away.  Well, okay then.  The blonde female reclosed her blue eye, taking in the sounds instead of the area around them.  Waiting.  Listening for anything amiss.  It wasn’t in her nature to relax so easily, though, so Astred was quite paranoid as she sunbathed, ready to jump up and attack anything that posed a threat to the basin.  Violence and duty came easily to her.  Kindness and fun?  Not so much.

“How did you become the leader of the Covenant, Relic?”  She asked, not because she was interested, but because the growing silence between them was getting awkward.  He couldn’t have been that much older or younger than her, perhaps a few months apart in age.  She would take that as something they had in common, even if it were a stretch.

Reopening her light cerulean eyes, Astred Ísbjörnsdóttir surveyed the lake’s perimeter for what was more than the second time, gaze narrowing each time she saw movement.  A squirrel.  A leaf.  How many more times before it became something dangerous?  She wasn’t sure.

Jan 02, 2018 04:27 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Apparently she didn’t actually want to play any games. Relic was a bit disappointed, but he’d let it go.

Instead, she was more curious of his background and leading the Covenant came to fruition. If she wasn’t actually curious, then she fooled him pretty well.

“Originally I had no intentions of creating a pack. I left my natal pack in search of a pack more promising of a good life, I suppose,” he began, not missing the way her eyes darted around sporadically. Occasionally his gaze would try to follow hers in order to see what she was looking at so alertly, but when he didn’t see anything that stuck out his gaze would return to her.

He blinked a few times before continuing. “Then I decided that if I wanted a pack to comprise of everything I was looking for, then I could only trust myself to do that.” Trust didn’t really come easily to the timber, but he was willing to give others the benefit of the doubt most times, at least. His story was simple, but the way she kept looking around gave him the feeling she might not really be listening anyway.

“Is there something on your mind?” Because Relic could see she was somewhat distracted.

Jan 02, 2018 04:37 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

“Then I decided that if I wanted a pack to comprise of everything I was looking for, then I could only trust myself to do that.”  Logic.  Decisiveness.  That was something Astred could understand.  Relic wanted a home base.  He wanted order.  Astred wanted a military compound.  Stephan wanted to flirt.  Daniel wanted to dig his den.  Who knew what went on in Damien’s mind?  Claes and Anna wanted to explore.  And weren’t they just a lovely group?

“Is there something on your mind?”  Ah, fuck.  He’d caught her not paying attention, and now he wanted to know why.  What could Astred say without being stupid?  Her father trained her to be a war machine so it was pure instinct to be paranoid of every second of every day?  No.  He wouldn’t understand.

“Are there tribes nearby in the mountains?”  She instead answered with a question.  “Where I came from, if there was an enemy pack, your own was never safe.”  She was hoping that there wasn’t, so that she could put her mind at ease.  The last tribe she’d heard of was back at the range.  But that was a day if not more away; a time-consuming journey.  Especially if one wanted to travel past the pass.

From what she’d seen the night prior with Damien, there was nothing but the ocean to the south of them.  So now, what was occupying Astred’s mind, as Relic wanted to know, was what lay to the east?

Jan 02, 2018 04:47 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic couldn’t help but think of all the possible ideas bobbing around in Astred’s head. She was new, and upon her acceptance it was easy to tell she was unsure about the entire joining thing, possibly even nervous. Stephan said she was interested in war even if she had denied it. However, Relic did remember her saying she came from a harsh background and the “prospect of war”.

When she asked about other tribes - presumably meaning packs in general - it more or less confirmed his suspicions. She was nervous. And it was just noticeable enough for Relic to take notice of it.

“There is another pack in these mountains, to the far east,” he confirmed nonchalantly. For a second he watched her, just to see if her expression read differently with the sudden knowledge.

When a few moments passed, he continued to clarify. “However, they seem to be completely uninterested in the Covenant. They’re called Hellmaw. Run by an “Empress” by the name of Nima.” It may have sounded intimidating enough, but from what Relic gathered, they weren’t anything for the Covenant to be afraid of. They seemed to have other matters to deal with - matters in the form of Elliot.

“There’s a reason we chose this basin as our home. It’s rather difficult to find to those unaware of its location.” Would that ease her mind some? Perhaps only time could help her relax.

Jan 02, 2018 05:01 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

“There is another pack in these mountains, to the far east,”  Her gaze changed from curiosity to determination.  Guess who would patrol the eastern territory day after day?  Astred, that’s who.  Seemingly uninterested didn’t always mean there was no danger present.  Surely their Lumen knew that.  “They’re called Hellmaw. Run by an “Empress” by the name of Nima.”  Because that sounded peaceful.  Astred wouldn’t take any drastic measures.  She wouldn’t put the pack at risk.  She was, however, going to keep a very keen eye out for enemies rising in the east.  She swore to it.

<i>//SORRY FOR THE SHORT POST I HAS NO INSPIRATION D:

Jan 02, 2018 07:09 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Astred said nothing, at all. But the look that contorted across her face had Relic’s lips forming a tight line and his eyes blinking blankly at her a few times. Hopefully she wasn’t planning on stirring up any drama with neighboring packs…

“One shouldn’t go looking for trouble in places it doesn’t exist. Sometimes, that is precisely how trouble comes about,” he said, hoping she’d catch his drift. In other words, please don’t go heckle Nima and co. as a result of your own skepticism and paranoia.

|| Lol no worries at all! <3 ||

Jan 02, 2018 07:46 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

“One shouldn’t go looking for trouble in places it doesn’t exist. Sometimes, that is precisely how trouble comes about,”  Astred’s fur prickled.  Of course she wouldn’t go rushing into a foreign territory because of some whisper of disaster stirring.  She had a tendency to act impulsively, but that was usually only when she was putting herself in danger, not others.

“Do you think of me as stupid?”  She asked, but not in a disrespectful tone.  It was simply a question with no real emotion behind it.  “I won’t put the Covenant in peril, Relic.  I’m here to follow your orders, not to make my own.”  Astred was a follower, not a leader.  A warrior, not a chieftain.  She was there to serve the greater good and to protect the pack against anything that may place them in danger.  She would do that to her dying breath.  But never would she go against her leader’s wishes.

Jan 03, 2018 12:30 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

“Do you think of me as stupid?” Uhh, no he didn’t. He just wanted to make sure no unnecessary harm would come to those he’d sworn to protect.

She gave him a few reassuring words, but it didn’t help settle the idea that he may need to keep an eye out for Astred in the future. Really, he didn’t think she’d be so dumb as to stir up trouble. But with as paranoid as she was about threats, one could never be too sure how they’d handle their stress levels if it came down to it.

“I apologize. I didn’t mean to make it sound that way,” he said, his expression rather stoic. The excitement in his veins having completely run dry. “It is just my responsibility to ensure the safety of this pack. Surely, you understand that.” Even if it meant kicking out a poisonous member. Not that he thought Astred in that way. But he’d even kick out Stephan if he, for some reason, became a threat to the well-being of others.

Jan 05, 2018 11:51 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Astred Valfreyja Lilja
Achievements (?)

“It is just my responsibility to ensure the safety of this pack. Surely, you understand that.”  The blonde warrior nodded respectfully.  “Of course.  I understand, Relic.”  He had nothing to worry about.  As impulsive as Astred could be, she wouldn’t defy a direct order from her chieftain.  Loyalty ran deep in the veins of Astred Ísbjörnsdóttir.

“I hope to eventually gain your respect and trust.”  She stated, rising from her spot on the speckled rock and stretching.  Although they were very close in age, there seemed a certain wisdom to him that Astred didn’t have.  Years of experience of leadership and dignity.  “I swore an allegiance to the Soulfire Covenant the day I accepted the role of Guardian.  Those you have sworn to protect are now mine to protect, too.”

She wouldn’t fail him again.  She would put her suspicions at rest.  Being a leader and a warrior meant protecting those closest to you, not venturing off after some whisper of a rising enemy.  If the time came when that was true, Astred would remain by the Covenant’s side, fighting for the lives and for what they believed in.

Playtime was over.

Exit

Jan 06, 2018 12:25 PM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.