Roleplay Forums | Map

Hit me with your best shot
With Jethro / Late evening

Nayomi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Still walking, Nay was getting tired. Her legs ached and the sun was going down. Her chocolate orbs watched as the fire went down. It was beautiful and she stopped in her steps to stare.

She held her breath afraid exhaling would blow out the light.

Jan 05, 2018 04:45 PM

[ ignore ]
Jethro is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Jethro Tank

Everything was numb. His mind from the stretching silence, his limbs from the long walk. They’d been droning on for some time now. Just mindlessly walking along the beach. Getting closer and closer to an unknown destination.

The world came back into view when she stopped. He felt the lack of presence before truly realizing she wasn’t there. His own pace stopped, turning to watch her watch the sun. “We should probably settle in before the light dies completely.” It wouldn’t be long until then. The sea was quickly swallowing the sun.

Jan 05, 2018 05:52 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Ears folding back, Nay came back to reality. Turning her head, Jethro stood and offered to find a place to rest.

Giving a nod, the girl took a few steps toward her friend. “You pick this time” she said offering a smile.

Jan 05, 2018 05:57 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Jethro Tank

He nodded silently, turning to move further up the beach. She preferred somewhere sheltered, a den of sorts, from what he gathered. But she did offer him the choice. So they would stay exactly where he wanted to.

“I prefer to sleep where the stars are visible, if you don’t mind.” He peeked over his shoulder while talking. His paws worked to shift the sand into a comfortable dip before settling in while still facing her. A silent invitation to settle at his side.

Jan 05, 2018 06:41 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nay watched every move the man made. As he took a few steps down the coast and formed a little dip for them to lay.

Giving a nod and gentle smile, the girl went to him. Eventually crouching down, Nayomi curled next to her friend and watched the last bit if blood red fire fall beneath the star lit sky.

“Thank you for coming after me…” she sudden said. Had she said thank you yet? If so, it didn’t matter because she could never say it enough to express how happy she was he was here.

Jan 05, 2018 06:49 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Jethro Tank

Only the gentle crashing of waves rang in his ears for a moment or two. As she moved toward him with dainty steps that left dainty prints in the sand. His gaze followed her as she settled beside him. He shifted, slightly, pressing against her side in the dying warmth.

Her thanks shocked him. There was no need. “Why do you thank me?” A bit of a stupid, maybe even accusatory question on the outside, but he wanted to know.

Jan 05, 2018 07:04 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Why? Nay really couldn’t explain. Him coming at such an important time was also a bit of a touchy subject. Why? Cause the girl thought of taking a step off that cliff.

“Because I like you. You are my friend and even though I left… It hurt to leave” she said almost in a daze. “Also… if you hadn’t come when you did… I wouldn’t be here” she said swallowing.

Would he catch what she was trying to say? Her eyes stared out at the ocean.. distant and in thought.

Jan 05, 2018 07:09 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Jethro Tank

Not a real answer. He didn’t feel it was. Maybe it was because it actually didn’t answer any of the questions floating around in his head. That didn’t give him the right to hound her, so he didn’t. Simply was ready to accept and move on to something else.

Until he wasn’t. His brow furrowed at those last four words. That definitely raised more questions. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” How would she not be here? He hadn’t come across an attacker. Was she saying she was going to really leave? Wander out of the Valley without looking back?

Jan 05, 2018 07:14 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The girl folded her ears. It was a shame he didn’t understand. “Kill myself” she finally said after a few moments of silence.

Her heart was hammering in her chest and she barely breathed. Nay had been lost and alone at the time. Peace was what she wanted and the girl saw it in the water.

Nay took a glance at Jethro… but in the end she was to afraid to look full on at him.

Jan 05, 2018 07:33 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Jethro Tank

He jerked away from her when the words echoed between them. Not in a was that was disgusted, no. In a way that allowed him to get a better look at her. So he could face her fully with his muscles straining against the sand to keep him that way.

Who would take their own life? He cleared his throat a moment before shifting back against her. Resuming his relaxed position. Only he wasn’t. His mind was racing endlessly. “Is that… is that something wolves do?”

Jan 05, 2018 07:43 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nay stared at her friend for a moment. Then she looked forward at the ocean again. “I suppose…” she said. “I wanted to… so I guess so” she said her ears flattening.

Her eyes became distant again. Would it still be so bad to go back to that cliff? She had already lost so much. Her family… friends… childhood. However.. there was this one little spark… Jethro.

Jan 05, 2018 07:51 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Jethro Tank

That was awful. That others out there wanted to, or did, act on such a thought. They felt life was so hopeless they ended it. One of the bright spots from his old life.

“Don’t… please.” His gaze burned a hole in the side of her head. So desperate, but stern in an icy fire.

Jan 05, 2018 08:01 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nay turned her eyes to Jethro at his plea. A sad smile etched itself upon her face. Her chocolate orbs grew soft.

She couldn’t promise anything. Her mental health was still a bit messed up and she may not be stable one day… and.

Her eyes caught her friends. Leaning in, the girl licked his cheek attempting to comfort him with no words.

Jan 05, 2018 08:15 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Jethro Tank

She didn’t say anything. That scared him. More than running head first into battle. Because then it was his life he was scared for. Something he could control and know. This was different. This was another life he had no grasp on. It… she, could slip through his hold in a second and he wouldn’t be the wiser until it was too late.

He returned silence with silence. Amber losing itself as he closed his eyes at her touch. His head fell to push into the thick fur where her jaw met her neck, just below her ear. There he stayed, with his ears pulled back and his muscles stiff.

Jan 05, 2018 08:23 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The girl thought she screwed up perfectly. However… when Jethro leaned in and out his muzzle to the top if her neck she felt her pelt grow warm.

She found her tongue licking the male on the neck and behind the ear as she snuggled closer to him.

Still there was silence. Nay was to choked to really say anything at the moment. She closed her eyes and felt tears run down her cheeks.

Were they happy or sad tears? A mix if both she supposed. Some because she felt weak and vulnerable… The others because she had someone to care for.

Jan 05, 2018 08:37 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Jethro Tank

She continued to lap at his fur. Careful, tender strokes. He didn’t mind. It was all so new and a bit strange to him, but he didn’t care. He cared that she was alive. That she didn’t take the plunge and end it all. Otherwise he would be alone. Wandering like a ghost with no knowledge of her fate.

That almost drew a whine from his chest. He was quick to swallow it down, his throat bobbing harshly. The silence continued to blanket their world. His face burrowed deeper within her fur as the rest of him shifted to be closer.

He wasn’t going to let her out of his sight. Not after this.

Jan 05, 2018 09:08 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.