Roleplay Forums | Map

Creating the disaster.
[summons] Summoning whoever! | Early Summer | Early evening | Outside the borders

Zahavi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

The battle with the bitch, although short, had left Zahavi sore and a little stiff. Being trampled by a doe probably hadn’t helped, either. He’d finished off the fawn he’d fought for and left what he couldn’t eat to the scavengers. Maybe the woman had gone back for his leftovers. He prickled at the very thought. She didn’t deserve a single bite of that fawn, in his opinion.

Afterwards, he’d made his way to the river to clean himself up - keen to get the wounds as clean as he could. For the one on his thigh, it was easy enough for him to groom the area, remove anything that might hinder healing. The one upon his scruff, however, he hadn’t been able to clean - aside from washing it in the river.

And so now he was trailing wolf scents to what he assumed was a pack. If he could locate them, he could request a healers attentions. The last thing he needed was to die of infection here.

Eventually, he came upon obvious scent marks and paused. He wouldn’t really care about crossing them, but if he required help from the pack, he should probably respect the keep out signs. Zahavi sighed and lowered his rear to the ground, resigning to waiting around for someone to come greet him.

He released a low howl. He would like to get this done and over with so he could move on, honestly.

Jan 07, 2018 04:38 PM

[ ignore ]
Sunfall is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Sunfall howled back. Not that it was a competition or anything, but the guy was kinda glad to find somebody that Catrine hadn’t beaten him too - that woman hadn’t even slowed down once she had her kids! Admirable though. At least he knew his friends here would be safe when Saski did want to leave here, when Sebastian was ready to travel.

But for now, he pushed the troubling thoughts out of his mind. The scarred golden male trotted briskly to the borders and waved his tail lightly, to see the other large male waiting there. 

“Hey-yup - hooo! You’re a bit of a mess there man.” He commented affably (and rather ironically, though at least his scar were healed), intending absolutely no offense as always. “You come for the Sanctuary’s help? Got a real decent healer who can patch that for ya.” He offered with his signature friendly grin.

((QUINN THREAD and sorry he’s stuck with my giant idiot :P))

Jan 07, 2018 05:40 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

He didn’t have to wait long for a response. Someone returned his howl nearly right away, and Zahavi allowed his gaze to travel in the direction of the sound, ears perked for anymore sounds.

It wasn’t long before a flash of gold caught his eye as the male approached, and then Zahavi actually had to try and keep his lips from pulling down in a cringe. Great. The guy was the talkative sort - and the energy surrounding him felt chaotically chipper.

He sighed internally, resigned. Nodding, he stood and made his way a little closer. He hadn’t yet crossed the borders, and he was careful not to pass the scent mark he could smell not far in front of him. “Indeed. Can you take me to them?” The guy seemed friendly enough, and he’d seemed to know(what with his wounds and all) exactly what Zahavi was looking for. Maybe this was something the pack did on a regular basis. He wondered how many wandered to the borders here seeking a healer.

My name is Zahavi,” He said, only because the male might refuse him help without a name. Zahavi stood and waited expectantly.

_______
/// CHRIS. SUNFALL AHHH.
also no i am sorry ur boy has to deal with this grumpy ass.

Jan 07, 2018 07:27 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

He nodded affably. “Sunfall. Protector of the Hillside Sanctuary.” He introduced himself with his full title, boasting a bit because it still made him feel good to be a part of something bigger than just him.

“Good to meet ya.” He held up a paw. “Holdup though.” He kept the command friendly as the guy stepped forwards, though respected the borders, but it was still a command and he did expect to be listened to. Sunfall might not be the (mentally) brightest wolf in the hills, but he also wasn’t about to blindly trust a guy with fresh battle wounds.

He was Protector around here, and his pups, Catrine and Casp’s pups, and the whole pack relied on him.

“How’d you come across those. I don’t mind lending you our healer but we’ve got kids runnin’ around in here, mine included. We don’t want no trouble.”

His mismatched eyes appraised the other dude, carelessly keeping an eye out for any sign he was about to be lied to. Or attacked. Some wolves were pretty damn stupid.

((Grumpy he can do :D ))

Jan 08, 2018 05:19 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

The golden wolf introduced himself as Sunfall, and Zahavi almost snorted. Of course the guy would have a ridiculous name. Zahavi just blinked instead, face carefully blank. “It’s a pleasure.” He drawled, calm, confident. He just needed to weasel his way in. He’d let the healer treat him and then move on as quick as he came.

The guy lifted a paw, signaling that Zahavi should stay right where he was, and so he did. He threw an expectant glance at the guy, quietly irritated. He just wanted a little herbs for his wounds, not a million questions.

He smiled anyway, nodding, expression shifting into one more open - friendly. “Ah, of course. Hunting mishap. And a scuffle over food, that’s all. Not so easy out there without pack.” It wasn’t lies - but maybe not the whole truth. He was only a little reluctant to mention the starving bitch he’d stole the fawn from. He wondered if the golden guy would take offense - on the bitch’s behalf.

Not like Zahavi had killed her, at least. And she did take a bite out of him as well. Fair is fair. His tail swayed, dark eye’s peering hopefully -calculating his reaction- at the golden boy.

Jan 08, 2018 08:00 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

This guy looked calm. Certain of himself. Maybe he’d done this before, and Sunfall didn’t much care if he had. He only cared about the safety of his pack. Sunfall chuckled, but there was decidedly not much mirth in it. He thought of how innocent that red bitch had seemed until she came creeping back in the dead of the night.

“Oh I’m sorry, let me try that again. What happened really. And don’t go lying to me, savvy?” His voice was still good-natured enough, but there was a light in his one blue, one brown eye that suggested he was not much of a doormat. Hunting Mishap. What, he fell into another wolf’s teeth on accident?. Sunfall knew what wolf bites looked like.

Answer honestly boy, or Sunfall wasn’t getting Cassian for you. Sanctuary, yes. Pushovers? No.

Jan 09, 2018 07:13 AM — Post #5

[ Edited: Jan 10, 2018 01:26 AM by Sunfall ]
Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

Zahavi wanted to roll his eyes, but he refrained. Golden boy wanted every little dirty detail, apparently. The smile faded a little, but he worked to keep his expression calm - friendly. “Like I said, hunting mishap. A doe got the better of me,” He hated admitting it, really. The damn thing had been lame, and Zahavi was in his prime. And still, he’d failed. “And then a stranger tried taking a fawn from me, so I fought.” And that’s where the wolf bite came from, Golden boy.

He still wasn’t keen on telling the guy he stole from a starving bitch, so he silently hoped the guy would just fucking accept what he would share. He had a feeling golden boy wouldn’t like news that Zahavi stole from a starving woman. Zahavi also wasn’t quite sure what he’d do in the event that the guy turned him away, though. If the fucking bite on his neck remained untreated, he didn’t doubt infection would set in. And he didn’t really want death by infection.

Jan 11, 2018 10:30 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Hunting mishap his ass. There, had it been so hard to tell the truth? Defending his kill from a thief, that was reasonable. Sunfall rolled one brawny shoulder lightly and nodded. “Had a bit of trouble with thieves around here ourselves.” He commented, his voice loosing some of that easy good humour and going a bit harder. “Come on in, we’ll go find Cassian the Herbboy.” He gestured it was okay for him to cross the borders.

“So you’re welcome here just as long as ya behave.” His tone was lighter and conversational again now. He’d never held onto anger for long and the red bitch and her companion were long gone. “Just cause there’s kids and a few old boys around, doesn’t mean we don’t know how to handle ourselves.”

As if Zahavi couldn’t guess that from the amount of scars littering Sunfall’s golden fur.

Jan 11, 2018 10:14 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

A little extra detail and Zahavi was good to go. Still, it was irritating Golden boy hadn’t just let it be. “How unfortunate,” Zahavi drawled, feigning concern. Zahavi honestly couldn’t care much either way. Good thieves didn’t get caught. The fact that Golden boy knew they were the victims of thieves didn’t look good on the thief. “I trust they’ve been dealt with accordingly?” Just something to keep things from going stale. Of course, Golden boy had probably kicked their asses right out of his precious pack lands. The guy was nearly as big and burly as Zahavi himself. The scars littering his bright coat told Zahavi that he probably got into a lot of shit. And survived. Probably not a guy you wanted to scuffle with, even if Zahavi figured he could take him without too much struggle.

Thank you.” At Golden boy’s invitation, Zahavi finally stepped forward, eager to get himself to the healer. He blinked, rather stupidly, at golden boy when he mentioned a herbboy. That was…peculiar - a man doing a womans job. Zahavi remained silent on the matter, just a fraction of a twitch of his lip showing his distaste.

His lip did twitch further when he registered the next words - the ghost of a smile cracking his stern facade. “Ah, well. I promise to be on my best behavior,” Zahavi rumbled - just long enough to get all fixed up, anyway. He had no interest in fighting a pack - Golden boy must thing him stupid if he thought Zahavi would cause trouble where he was so easily outnumbered.

Jan 12, 2018 08:48 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

What did accordingly mean again..? Sunfall flashed a toothy grin to cover for the fact he couldn’t remember. “One of my faveourite jobs.” He snickered. “Y’welcome, come on this way.” He trotted to one of Cassian’s favourite patches of herbs. Sunfall didn’t know jack shit which were which but he swerved neatly around a patch that grew golden and white flowers. Fucking flowers.

“Yeah, well if you don’t I’ll let my eldest boy beat you up and I’ll just watch.” He joked with an answering grin. Then he turned to summon the pack healer. “Cassiaaaaaan!” He hollered, entirely missing the look of distaste that flickered across Zahavi’s face.  “Oy, I gotcha a fresh victim! Try not to kill this one by accidentally giving him deadly nightshade, okay!” 

The entire Sanctuary would know about this with how loud he was being, but they were probably all used to that.

Jan 12, 2018 08:56 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Cassian Dingo
Achievements (?)
1year 100posts 250posts helper profile wikicontributor

As usual during the heat of the day, Cassian was in the river. The water was always pleasantly cool and did well to brighten his mood, whether it needed it or not.

His friend’s voice gave him quite a startle at first, but it blew over quickly. A victim? Oh. Oh! This was an exciting turn of events. Had he ever even had any nightshade? He usually left it be if he found it. He had no use for it and it wasn’t like he was gonna go and put his mouth all over it. That would be dumb.

“Accidentally?” he hollered back.

He was up now and shaking his fur.

It didn’t take him long at all to get there. They really weren’t far at all, which explains why Sunfall startled him. Wolf was loud.

The wolf with him was noticeably scuffed up by what looked like another wolf given the bite marks. He assumed Sunfall had questioned all of that, though he probably would for himself as well.

“This is the victim?”

Jan 13, 2018 03:55 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

Zahavi just shook his head at golden boy, following towards the herb patches. Much like golden boy, Zahavi didn’t know anything about herbs and what they were supposed to do. Dear ‘ol dad had made sure Zahavi only knew violence, not how to fix what resulted from that violence. He peered curiously at the flowers golden boy avoided trampling. He didn’t think flowers had much use other than looking pretty - and Zahavi wasn’t so keen on being covered in flowers if these were something the healer guy might use.

He huffed in faint amusement when golden boy threatened him with his child. “I’m shaking,” Zahavi drawled. “Absolutely terrified.”

And then golden boy was hollering his fool head off, and Zahavi cringed. Well, it was a good thing Zahavi hadn’t wanted to keep his presence unknown. The whole pack was going to know he was here. He did roll his eyes this time, head shaking. This guy was too much.

And wait just one fucking second please. Nightshade? He really hoped golden boy was joking. He had no fucking clue about healing herbs, but the toxic ones? Yeah, he knew a thing or two there. Zahavi sighed. These two were gonna kill him. If not with fucking toxic plants, their ridiculous energy would do just the same.

His eyes flicked towards an approaching figure - the healer, Zahavi assumed. Another big guy, but the water that soaked him exposed just how much of a beanpole he was. Zahavi shook his head. “Patient. Not victim. I’m not here for shady plant experiments.” Please, just patch me up so I can go, holy shit.

Jan 13, 2018 08:41 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Sunfall flashed Cassian, then Zahavi, a grin. “Victim, patient, it’s so hard to figure it out with you.” He chuckled, swishing his tail. “I’ll leave you two to it, just give me a yell if you need anything eh.” He turned to head off to find his family.

((Will fade him here, he’ll be nearby if yelled for!))

Jan 14, 2018 05:46 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Cassian Dingo
Achievements (?)

“No need to worry then. I got all those out of the way with the last guy. You’re in good paws.”

He wasn’t lying. Adonai took the brunt of his experimenting. He nodded toward the golden Protector.

“Will do Sunfall.

“Cassian, nice to meet you. A fight?”

The wolf’s wounds suggested so.

Jan 15, 2018 04:11 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Zahavi Quinn Staff

Zahavi was a little relieved to see golden boy, go, really. The guy was way too much for Zahavi - too much talk, too much energy. Just. Too much.

He blinked and diverted his attention to the herbboy, nodding. “Yep.” Zahavi drawled. He wondered if this guy would want all the details like golden boy had. He sighed. “Like I told golden boy, I fucked up a hunt, and then someone tried stealing the fawn I managed to take down.”

He paused for just a moment and then glanced back towards the wound on his leg. “I cleaned the laceration on my leg as best I could by myself. But I can’t get to the damn bite.”

Jan 15, 2018 06:55 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Cassian Dingo
Achievements (?)

If that’s what the wolf’s story was, Cassian wouldn’t question. He wasn’t giving any contrary body language or immediate hints at some other story.

“Looks pretty good to me. I’ll get you some herbs to keep it that way. As for your neck, I might need to take you to the river before I can do anything, get the fur out of the way.”

He hoped that wasn’t too much to ask. Just a quick dip was all. He took to the ground in search of his lemon balm. He still had some left over from treating Adonai. It was wilted, but just as effective. That and mullein would most likely be all that he needed. Mullein was had to come by unless he wanted to head toward The Kingdom, which he didn’t. He would have to restock his supply after this, though.

The lemon balm tasted extra weird now that it had been sitting out. It might even work better.

He placed it in front of the wolf.

“This is lemon balm. It should make it hurt less. I’ve got a disinfectant, too. After you wash up I can apply it.”

Jan 15, 2018 11:36 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.