Roleplay Forums | Map

That big wide world
East Eden | Early summer | Mid-morning | overcast

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Padding through a rather damp forest came young Kyra Daniels, head down, jaws parted, and an intense look of concentration on her face.

She didn’t spend a lot of time at all in the caves anymore, even though Nero had told her to simply bite any of the mean puppies in there. Nero was really the only one Kyra was close to. Her littermate-sister had pulled away some, though they still spent time together when Kyra visited the caves, the girl had come to realize something. Much as she loved Althea and admired her older sister, she and her twin were not at all alike. Althea liked the other puppies. She liked romping and staying in the caves, and getting messy and dirty, and she would barely hold still for Kyra to clean her afterwards. But even the other puppies who had never been mean to her barely talked to Kyra. Was it because she was the youngest and smallest? Did that mean she didn’t matter to them? Kyra wanted to matter. She wanted to be brave and important, like Daddy. 

Today, Kyra was on the scent of something. Her mother had kept herbs around that were still scattered in the sleeping nook she never went back to. It was funny, her mother’s face had completely faded from her memory now. But she still, just, remembered her smell, and she had smelled like…

aha, like that! Kyra leaned her head down and snuffled at the peppermint leaves. Mmmm. They smelled nice. Homely. She began to pick the leaves. She would put them in her collection in her special place, the hollow tree she used as her private cubby.

Jan 11, 2018 09:35 PM

[ ignore ]
Manson is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Manson Grim

“Dare I say we have a budding herbalist?” Manson’s voice rang through the trees. Her eyes were concerned, but she was rather proud of herself for the silly pun, so she was smiling.

Manson wasn’t terribly cool with Kyra roaming this far out. Elliot would probably be cross with the both of them - with Kyra for straying from home, and with Manson for not being harsh and disciplinary.

But was Kyra covered in wounds? Was she running for her life? Had she upset a neighboring pack?

There really was no reason to scold her. Exploration was the mother of knowledge, after all.

“Don’t let your father know you come out this far,” She said with a wink, loping closer. “He’d have a fit.” Suppressed laughter. She couldn’t blame him for being protective. But no harm, no foul, right? “I know I won’t tell.”

Oooh, the “cool mom” approach.

Jan 14, 2018 10:10 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kyra hadn’t heard Mason approaching and turned towards her with a look of surprise. Though Mason had been feeding her initially, until her preference tended more to meat than milk, Lyra had never had much to do with her. Not on a personal level, like spending time with her or having a conversation with her that went beyond ‘thanks’. Kyra had been too nervous around Mason’s (female) puppies to follow her around, preferring to poke her nose around the caves and of course lately, the forest. Either on her own, or with Nero.

Mason said something interesting though, and she placed down the fragrant mint leaves very carefully. Her ears stood up, then flickered back down, rolling the word around mentally before she tried it out herself.

“Mason, what’s a herbalist?” She was proud of herself for saying it right, the same way Mason had. She stared curiously up at the tall female’s eyes when she closed just one of them. Had she hurt it? Caught a branch whipping into her face? Well, she looked okay to Kyra.

She looked around her at the lovely shady forest, a little put out when Mason said she wasn’t allowed out this far. Uh, said who? “I come out here all time.” She said, with an obstinate set to her lips.

Jan 15, 2018 05:46 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Manson Grim

Manson smiled at the question. Teaching was the best part of this whole thing.

“It’s a wolf that has knowledge of plants that can help…or hurt, others. Some plants are dangerous, others are healing.” She sniffed and recognized what Kyra had rummaged up for herself. “That’s mint you’ve got there. Good for getting bad tastes out of your mouth, but I’ve heard it can help with head pain.” Manson really didn’t know a lot about herbs beyond the poisonous ones and the common knowledge - like yarrow’s healing properties. It was good that Kyra was developing a passion for it.

Her words were almost defensive, but Manson’s face remained gentle and well-meaning. “That’s good, though! I think he worries too much. You’re learning things on your own, and that’s the best kind of knowledge.”

Nothing Manson could ever tell any of her children, blood or adopted, could prepare them like experience did. The way she looked at Kyra in that moment was clear: she was proud.

Jan 16, 2018 09:42 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well that was unexpected. Kyra had not known that plants could heal, or hurt. “Jus like wolves.” She commented, sniffing her peppermint. Mint helped with head pain? “How?” Was the girl’s next question, not grasping herbs just yet. She’d only wanted them because of the faint, tenuous reminder of her mother.

Well that was more like it. Kyra preened a little at Mason’s beaming look of pride. She wasn’t mad at her, she understood Daddy let her out here to explore!

“Daddy worry lots.” She agreed. “Told me bad wolves want to hurt him.” She studied Mason carefully. Did she know about that?

Jan 17, 2018 05:52 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Manson Grim

“I think it has something to do with the way it smells. If your head hurts, you’re supposed to inhale it until you feel better. I am not sure why it works, for certain, though.” Her response was thoughtful and honest. Manson wish she knew someone that could teach Kyra more of these things. Unfortunately it seemed, lately, that it was just her and Elliot now.

A King and his warrior ruling a pile of rocks.

Her face fell.

“Yes… unfortunately. They threatened me, too. But. Kyra, never worry. I don’t want any of you to worry. I would kill every damned wolf in this valley if it kept you all safe. They will never hurt any of you, because they will never get past me.” A wicked grin split her lips, and she looked upon her with confidence and encouragement.

Jan 19, 2018 10:38 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Mmmm. How interesting. Kyra wondered if other herbs, the ones she had such faint memories of from her mother, did similiar things.

Mason quickly confirmed there were bad wolves, and that they wanted to hurt Mason too! The girl didn’t flinch at the violent tendencies of her foster mother. Daddy had already explained how killing weak wolves was okay. Kyra figured it would be just like killing prey to eat it. “Nero want me to learn to fight too.” She explained, looking up to see if Mason thought that was a good idea.

She did not think it would be a good idea to say she wanted to learn how to fight so Cerys coudn’t be mean to her anymore, not to help with bad wolves.

Jan 19, 2018 11:23 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Manson Grim

She smiled.

“Absolutely! I want all of you to know how to defend yourselves, each other, and our home. Some wolves think females should stay weak and never fight. I say it’s more fun to give them a nasty surprise. Never let anyone push you around.” Manson grinned. She couldn’t wait until they were all big enough to safely spar with her. Observing them was always helpful, but she liked the paws-on approach too.

Jan 22, 2018 06:43 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kyra’s face slowly brightened.

Never let anyone push her around. Even if the other someones were Manson’s own puppies. Well not Nero. Not her bestest brother, obviously.

“You not weak Manson. I be like you.” Kyra’s young face suddenly became all about determination. “Not like my old Mama. No run away.” Her mother knew it had been dangerous. That there were bad wolves who wanted to hurt Daddy, and the pack. And she had run away from Kyra and her sister. She felt a suddenly longing to go and talk to Althea, and see if she felt the same way.

Kyra would grow up stronger. Better than Antonia. She wouldn’t be scared. She wouldn’t run away.

((I’m so sorry Grims I’ve been spelling Manson’s name wrong like, forever! If you see me do that more than once it’s probably not a typo and my dyslexia just blanking me, and you can kick me! Please tell Manson I am very sorry!))

Jan 23, 2018 01:21 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Manson Grim

Leave it to the pups to stroke her ego. Manson smirked proudly at Kyra, nodding. “The best part, is they expect us to be weak. There’s this silly idea that females are not as strong as males. We may be smaller, but that doesn’t mean we can’t drag them through the dirt and make them cry.” There was a great deal of amusement in her voice. Her son was primed to be formidable just by birth alone, but she did not want her daughters to think they were less powerful.

((Ha! Is it bad I didn’t notice?! LOL! No worries :D))

Jan 28, 2018 06:11 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Determination ran hot, stayed high. Kyra backed up a little an took a few practice swipes at the air with her paws, beating up an imaginary, and probably male, enemy.

“Good. If boys think girls weak, when I smack them they be surpised. Like this.” Kyra pulled her best ‘surpised’ face, with big wide eyes that showed the whites and backward-facing ears and her jaw comically dropped.

She might have been joking around about it, but she was serious. She didn’t want to grow up weak, like her Mama. Like Manson, she would make them cry if they dared hurt her or her family.

(( <3 ))

Jan 30, 2018 06:17 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Manson Grim

Manson laughed. Exactly.” She spoke with so much glee at the idea of her step-daughter ruining some smug male’s day.

“Strength is all a wolf has between herself and death. And we have plenty of it.”

She was happy to fire up her kids for battle. They may need to someday. Oh, who was she kidding? They would definitely be at someone’s throat one way or another.

Fade?

Feb 03, 2018 11:44 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Kyra Daniels Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((Yus fade is cool!))

Feb 03, 2018 08:21 PM — Post #12

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.