Roleplay Forums | Map

I didn’t expect that
[summons] Wavehaven | Early summer | Afternoon | Cloudy | Calling Stark

Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky’s mind was reeling as he padded down the gorge. Midway, he paused. Inhaled. Was that… ah. Yep. For sure. He knew that scent well, from the day a bold little pup had hurtled himself on his face and tried to take him down. Though Bucky did hope this time, he could get out of this without any face-biting.

He came to a halt by the stream and lifted his head to howl, letting the sound carry naturally down the rocky walls of the gorge. How would this meeting even go? Stark had been beyond furious when he last spoke to the yearling. Even Kaete at her angriest had never screamed at him like that.

“Stark?”

Jan 12, 2018 06:31 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile tumblr welcomeguide

Lucky for Bucky (bahaha) Stark was not in a bad mood. At least, he was not angry. He was more uncertain and nervous. He had been hiding outside the Gorge for a few days, waiting for the right moment to speak to Bucky last time he saw the male he had been busy with that female, Saskia, so Stark had not wanted to bother them.

But today, it looked like Bucky was looking for him. While outside the Gorge, Stark had been bored, so he had been hunting for himself on and off. He actually had caught a rabbit not too long ago, but he basically had hunted it out of boredom instead of hunger. So, he had gotten the idea to sort of… sneak into the Gorge and put this rabbit in their cache.

And he was quite a bit on his way into the territory when he heard Bucky call his name. Oh, um. Shit. He just got busted. Here he went… Hopefully this was not going to be too awkward… He carried the rabbit into the direction of the voice, hesitant. Until he saw a black wolf up ahead, and he was pretty sure it was Bucky. Dropping the rabbit at his paws, he looked up to watch the male, and called out, ’‘Guilty.’‘

Stark tried to sound indifferent, but on the inside he was literally shaking. If only he could choke himself right now.

Jan 12, 2018 06:54 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Stark. Stark with a bunny, headed right for the nearby cache. But Bucky figured out pretty quickly what was happening, since he could smell the fresh blood of the rabbit.

“You know, this is the first time I’ve caught anybody putting something into the cache. Know how many rogues have been trespassing or sniffing round here trying for a free meal, thinking we’re pushovers?” He asked conversationally.

He stayed where he was for now. Stark looked a little nervous. Not that Bucky had any idea of how hard it was on the boy to be standing here right now.

Jan 12, 2018 06:58 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Bucky reached him, and spoke. And Stark realized… he was not mad. It was as if their fight had never happened. He pointed out the cache, and Stark nodded. He could have grinned in response, but he felt a bit too stiff and uncertain still to actually grin. ’‘Well, here I am, putting it in.’‘ he commented, voice monotone. ’‘Hold on.’‘ he added quickly, and then picked the rabbit back up from the ground.

After that, he went to put it into the cache. Funny, actually, it was closer than he first had thought. But that was his first time actually personally seeing the Rangers’ cache. Once the rabbit was put in the cache, Stark pulled his head back out and looked at Bucky.

Well, he had to say something, it was now or never. He could not simply walk away now like nothing had happened. Bucky might act like nothing was wrong, but Stark knew he could not walk away until he addressed it. Just for his own sanity. So, say something, you idiot!

But what was he supposed to say?

The words came out without thinking much.

’‘I’m sorry.’‘

Jan 12, 2018 07:12 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky wandered up behind Stark, and once the rabbit was in the cache he kicked a bit of sandy dirt over it. Stark then apologized, and that got Bucky’s brow a little lifted.

He backed off a few steps and looked at the boy levelly. “What are you sorry for, Stark?” He wasn’t mad, but he was, as he had just mentioned, no pushover. He wasn’t going to act like it had never happened.

But he was pleased to see Stark here, and to apologize it seemed. Was he growing up a little? That was pretty much a relief for Bucky.

He wondered though, if Stark had ever really trusted him at all with how violently he had reacted. And from there, if it was even possible for their friendship to ever be a strong one again.

Jan 12, 2018 07:19 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Bucky looked confused. He asked why Stark was apologizing. His reaction made Stark… agitated. But he tried not to act on it. Was Bucky just dumb or did he pretend not to remember? Focus, Stark. Don’t get all angry again. It wasn’t worth it. Just tell the reason why you’re sorry, and leave it at that. That’s what he had to do; Stark should just on longer voice his thoughts. It wouldn’t fix anything.

’‘Sorry for yelling at you, a while back.’‘ he said, his nails dug into the dirt. Really, was Bucky just testing him or did he really forget? Stark wasn’t sure which answer he would like better… Maybe he preferred Bucky had forgotten about it. If Bucky was literally testing him now… he didn’t really like that thought.

Add some more positivity, Stark. ’‘Maeve and I went to the lake together. I joined her small group of friends.’‘
Yeah, that was good enough.

Jan 12, 2018 07:25 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky gazed at the fidgety boy steadily.

“You’re forgiven.” He spoke the words seriously, with no flicker of amusement in his blue eyes. “I’m sorry I took Holly in and upset you.” Even if he wished Stark had listened to him back then.

The yearling then mentioned he’d actually gone to the lake with Maeve and some friends. Seemed like it had done him some good. He tilted his head, interested. “Yeah? That’s good, Stark.” He’d not only come here to apologize, but he’d mended things with Maeve to. He was growing up. “How was the lake? And…” He hesitated, and a look of sorrow edged onto his features. “How’s Maeve? I broke her trust too so… doubt she’s in any hurry to come see me anymore.” He didn’t regret telling her family and pack where she was. But he regretted it had cost them the tenuous friendship that he’d hoped would see Maeve on a better path.

Still. He shouldn’t assume she wasn’t.

Jan 12, 2018 07:31 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

He was forgiven. Well good jolly gosh. Was it really this easy? Had Stark felt this nervous and scared over nothing at all? God damn it. Even Bucky apologized back, for the Holly thing. Holly. Stark took a deep breath, and he shrugged in response. ’‘Eh.’‘ he said, trying not to care. Even though deep down he still did. Was that bitch still here with those kids of hers? ’‘I hope she didn’t cause you too much trouble.’‘ he said. Wouldn’t it be fun if Holly was like the sweetest thing while living with the Rangers, yet she spat acid at the Brotherhood wolves or rogues? That would have been amaaaaaazing. Sarcastically speaking, of course.

’‘Lake was okay, not very interesting. Maeve is good, I hope… Their father passed away. I was there when a pack member came telling the news. Jingo, if I’m correct.’‘ Stark remembered the guy, though he wasn’t sure if he got the name correct. ’‘I left soon after that, to go back home… I think they went looking for their sister, Titania.’‘

A moment of silence, as he let it sink in not only for Bucky but also for himself. And then he added, ’‘Titania might be missing… She wasn’t there last time the group reassembled at the lake. Do you know her?’‘
He might as well do something good now that he was here, and spread the word about Titania. In case she was really missing…

Jan 12, 2018 07:38 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

He winced slightly, but sighed heavily right afterwards. “She’s stayed quiet, kept to herself. But I’m about to find out if she’s causing trouble or not.” He didn’t know how much he ought to say. Had Stark come straight from the lake to here…? Did he know about his adoptive sister?

But Stark caught his attention and his expression feel. Rhydian had died, and one of the girls had gone missing? Worry for the family grew within him. “Dammit - their Mum died last year too. I know some of the family, and I’ve met Jingo too. But which is Titania - the one who looks like Maeve just bigger, or the lean dark girl?” Who would be Stark’s age and not such a girl anymore, he realized, thinking of the oversized pups who had wrestled on the beach with him. 

Jan 12, 2018 07:48 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Ah, so Holly was not really being much trouble. That was good, he guessed. Of course she had to be nice enough to the Rangers… and then she was a bitch to the Brotherhood.

Stark wasn’t sure if he had heard yet that heir mother had died, or he had missed it when they told him. He wondered how the girls were doing. And as for Titania… ’‘The black one, yellow eyes. She was quite large.’‘ Stark said. Bucky had met her, right? He had mentioned a dark girl, and Stark assumed it was Titania he was talking about.

Jan 12, 2018 07:55 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Stark didn’t ask for more details about Holly, and he wondered if he ought to tell him. But he visited the Brotherhood relatively often so he could just wait and see how things went down, then go let them know…

“I know her, yup. I’ll get the next patrols on the lookout. So the bigger girl and Jingo are still by the lake looking for Titania…?” He checked.

Jan 12, 2018 08:01 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

’‘I’m not sure if they’re still at the lake. I went home to bring home a pack member and her sister. Though, we lost the sister… Asha. She just disappeared on us. A guy called Akeito disappeared on us, too.’‘ Stark said, with a shrug. He sounded pretty disheartened. He had thought he could bring home an old member and maybe two new ones, but then the two were gone. Stark had failed. And failing sucked pretty hard. ’‘Either something happened to them or they damn well knew what they were doing. The sister had been missing for months until we found her.’‘

And then she apparently bailed again. Damn it.

’‘So uh. I guess that’s it.’‘

Stark didn’t know what other news to give him.

Jan 12, 2018 08:10 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky’s ears flicked thoughtfully. “Akeito - I hard about him. His parents went missing from the Alliance. That’s what Jingo came to see us about.” He recalled. He looked Stark seriously, gazing into the blue eyes brighter than his own.

“Stark, it’s a tough lesson to learn. But some wolves don’t want anyone to help them. No matter how much you wish it was otherwise. Either they’re happier on their own, or they can’t ever get over their insecurities enough to try anything different.” He shifted slightly, still very serious.

“I’m glad you’re not like that. And I’m glad you came.”

Jan 12, 2018 08:17 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Bucky seemed to know Akeito. Looked like there were a lot of broken families here in the valley. It made Stark sigh. It looked like Akeito had needed help, though. Was he really so down he did not want company anymore? Stark was alone too, but he actually longed for it, lately… Oh well, there was nothing he could do about it, now. Not anymore. ’‘Mhm…’‘ he hummed.

’‘I used to be like that, though.’‘ he said, and he shrugged again. ’‘Everything was literally a hurdle. Everything. I had to force myself to do things.’‘ he admitted. But he had done it, he had done the things he needed to do, and he was getting better at doing them… Just because he did not want to look like his father, the guy who had abandoned them and attacked his mother. Asshole.

Jan 12, 2018 08:22 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

He kept gazing levelly at Stark, and a spark of pride gleamed in his eyes. “Then you’re doing well.” He replied simply. After a beat he shifted and ventured a couple more questions in case Stark had been home.

“How’s everyone at the Brotherhood? I don’t suppose Eyja turned up?”

Jan 12, 2018 08:33 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

’‘Oh uh, we’re fine. Everyone’s fine, I believe. Eyja got back home, actually. A while back. I heard she got two daughters. I have yet to see them, though. I first um… wanted to talk to you.’‘ he said, and he sat down for a bit. He did not feel as comfortable yet as he wished he did, but he assumed he would stay here for at least a few more minutes to talk to Bucky. And his legs hurt a little from all the running around. Hunting was a good distraction and a way to stop boredom, but eventually it would become too much, of course.

Did Bucky know Eyja had been raped? He did, right? And if he knew, would he assume the kids were not Korsteel’s? Stark already knew the answer to that…

’‘Mind if I uh, stay here for another day before I head home? I’m very tired.’‘
He wasn’t just physically tired, though. There was so much Stark wanted to say, but he didn’t know if he could even talk about it. He was so tired, of a lot of things.

But who wanted to hear him complain?

Jan 12, 2018 08:46 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.