Roleplay Forums | Map

It took a while
Early summer, morning

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It’s been a little bit over seven weeks, but his leg had finally healed. It still was a little bit sore when he put pressure on it, but at least he could walk on it again. Which meant he could provide for the pack again. So as soon as he was awoke and up, he went to patrol the borders. He had the idea in mind to go hunting later today, but he did not want to go hunt alone. Having not seen Charcoal in a while… he knew he needed to go find his brother. Where had the male gone off to?

Pierre started looking for Charcoal’s scent, slowly moving through the Gorge as he concentrated on the tracking. However, he was unable to catch a scent… It was as if Charcoal had not been in the Gorge for weeks. And Pierre began to worry…

Where was his brother?

Jan 18, 2018 02:14 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Pharaoh, too, was on the mend. It was true, his forepaws still looked horrible. Raised weals, furless scars, missing claws. His mother would have scolded him for a week, and his father would have worn a disappointed frown for the same amount of time.

He did wonder sometimes if his mother was still on the coast. Lurking, waiting for a chance to swoop in and tear apart what remained of Pharaoh’s sad little fallen-apart family.

It was dwindling by the day, it seemed. How had it all gone this wrong? He was meant to have a litter of happy puppies romping with their aunts, he and Babette proudly looking on. At least his mate had Polydora to keep her occupied, though Pharaoh had not yet formed the close bond with the ill-mannered wildcat that Babette had.

He tried not to think about Regent and how she never set a single paw in the gorge anymore.

Spotting Pierre up ahead moving along tracking, Pharaoh increased his pace, allowing worry for another overtake his own. “Pierre? What ails you, my friend?”

It seemed natural, to call Pierre that. They had both been through so much this year…

Jan 20, 2018 02:35 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

When he heard Pharaoh call, his head lifted, to see the male approach. He smiled lightly at the male, glad to see him. Maybe Pharaoh could help him search for Charcoal? Or maybe he had seen the male around as of late? Pierre needed to find his brother… ’‘Pharaoh, good to see you.’‘ he began, his expression turned into one of worry. ’‘My brother Charcoal has disappeared… I don’t know where he went. Have you seen him?’‘ he asked, hoping Pharaoh had.

But what if they had not even met? Pierre knew Charcoal liked to stick either close to him, or to be on his own… ’‘Black guy with grey markings, and blue eyes. Not sure if you two have met before… He’s been gone for a while now and I’m worried.’‘

He could not do this. He could not lose his brother, too.

Jan 21, 2018 02:18 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Pharaoh returned the nod. He had a lot of time for Pierre, despite their age difference. “You too.” He greeted the other male, but he fell uncharacteristically silent when Pierre explained about Charcoal, somebody Pharaoh had only a vague inkling of. He wasn’t even sure he could recognize the male’s scent.

“I regret to tell you I have yet to encounter a Charcoal at all, let alone recently.” He spoke heavily. He knew what vanishing siblings were like. “He did not attend the pack meeting either, did he?” Hardly a positive sign. He hastened for something more uplifting.

“But please, permit me to assist you in seeking him out.” His head lowered a little, staring at those awful, ugly forepaws of his. “I could use the company, and the end goal.”

Jan 21, 2018 06:30 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pharaoh had not even met Charcoal. Well, that surely was bad news. He frowned, shooting the other male a worried look. At his question, Pierre shook his head. ’‘No… he was indeed not at thee pack meeting. Actually, I haven’t seen him since I brought back Blaise’s body… He helped me bury her, but I haven’t seen him since that day…’‘ he explained. It was all so worrisome. Where had Charcoal gone off to? And why had he left?

At least Pharaoh offered to help, which made Pierre feel less alone. ’‘Thank you, Pharaoh. I appreciate the offer. I guess we just… have to look around the Gorge. And if he’s not here… I don’t know.’‘ Pierre didn’t know what he would do if they did not find Charcoal.

The thought Charcoal was gone just like Blaise and his mother, whether alive or not- it made Pierre feel numb. He had lost so many wolves he did not know what to feel anymore. ’‘Everyone eventually just leaves, huh…?’‘ he asked, voicing his thoughts. ’‘My father, my mother, her mate, my siblings, my mate, and now my brother. I won’t be surprised anymore if I one day find my sons not home, either…’‘

It was a saddening thought.
His sons were all he had left.

Jan 22, 2018 06:40 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

What on earth would lead a brother to abandon a wolf like Pierre, dedicated and selfless, at a time like this? Pharaoh couldn’t understand it. Family ought to stick together. “I will help in your search, then. I know the areas around the territory the range and the plains, well, I have hunted there many times.”

Pharaoh found himself in the unlikely position of counsel.

“They are good boys, Pierre. And you a good father.” He spoke gently. But a sigh left him at the main point. “I would have argued that, once. I thought nothing would ever pull apart my three sisters and I. In all the world, they were the ones I relied upon most. And my youngest sister Caesar, the one I was closest to - up and left, right before Babette’s and I’s pups were due. She let her mate tell a friend of the pack they were going, but never even told me.” The hurt was still there, and he looked away until he was composed again.

Then back to Pierre. “I know it seems hopeless. Just remember Pierre - you have packmates as well as your boys.” He could say it without it sticking on his tongue now.

Jan 22, 2018 07:21 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pierre was so happy Pharaoh wanted to help him look for Charcoal. He looked at the male with a softness in his eyes, a small smile. And the feeling of appreciation only became stronger as Pharaoh continued to talk, telling him he was a good father. Pierre was still so young… he often thought he was not ready for fatherhood. But hearing this compliment, it made him feel a bit better. ’‘Thank you, you’re a good friend, Pharaoh.’‘ Pierre considered this male a friend, for sure. They both had been through hardships, they seemed to have a lot in common.

’‘I would never want to leave this place. These wolves here, they’re the best. I don’t even miss my old home anymore.’‘ he said. And it was true. The Cadre was barely on his mind, lately. The Rangers was now the home for Pierre. The pack which he wanted to be part of for the rest of his life.

’‘I’m sorry about your sister… She could have at least told you. You- you deserve better, Pharaoh.’‘ Pharaoh deserved better in so many ways. His sister could have at least told him in person she would leave. And his pups… he should have had two healthy boys, just like Pierre.

Jan 22, 2018 12:34 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

A good friend. Well, it was nice to be needed. Pharaoh fell guiltily silent at the notion of never leaving this place. It wasn’t that he wasn’t happy for Pierre, finding a place to settle down. But he was not thinking along the same lines himself.

Not quite done feeling sorry for himself, he tipped his head in agreement. “At least my littermate March spoke to me before she left.” March knew exactly what he had gone through after his sons, and wouldn’t have left him uncertain. The less he said about Regent, the better.

“Bucky did mention to me you wished for a message to be taken to the Evergreens. I thought if you were agreeable, that Babette and I might take it for you?”

Jan 22, 2018 03:37 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He had another sister, March? And she had left, too? Why was everyone leaving? Where would they go? Why? It just- did not make sense. Pierre just shot a worried frown at Pharaoh, but the male changed the subject. He and Babette wanted to bring Pierre’s message to the Evergreen Wolves? ’‘Uh… yeah. And to the Cadre, too. But you don’t have to do that if you got better things to do.’‘

Pierre did not want to be a bother to Pharaoh or Babette. They surely had better things to do than to run Pierre’s errands…

Jan 23, 2018 04:08 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Pharaoh shook his head slowly.

No children to raise, no sisters to dote on aside from Regent, and she… well. He still wasn’t talking to her, too hurt, his ego too bruised to forgive and forget. Babette was the most important thing to him now. And she would, he hoped, come with him.

“No Pierre, it’s fine. Babette wishes to travel some in any case. Ther Evergreens I know well and even have a friend there, but how far is the Cadre?” He glanced uncertainly down at his forepaws. They had healed, but how well? He was semi using the offer to go to the Evergreen forest to test out how strong they were.

Jan 23, 2018 06:30 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘The Cadre is at the lake, north east. Might be a bit too far, but that’s okay. Someone else can go there later, or I can get a babysitter for the boys and go there, myself.’‘ Pierre said with a little smile. He ought to do it himself, to be honest… After all he was the one Faithful should see. And he needed to see Faithful. Maybe he could ask Bucky to watch the boys once he was back from the patrol. He was still thinking of ideas…

’‘But… if you could go to the Evergreens for me, that would be great.’‘ he said, and sniffed some more; really no sign of Charcoal. It was like he had faded out of existence, and it scared Pierre. Everyone was leaving him.

Jan 24, 2018 06:55 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

He nodded at that. “Very well. I will speak to Babette with most haste in the matter, but I will certainly touch base with you before we leave anywhere. And… I know once we’re back we would be delighted to look after your boys if you require it..” He mentioned.

Pharaoh looked sadly over at the younger male. He understood how he was feeling so well - he had never been one to feel empathy really strongly until now.

He dropped his nose with Pierre, inhaling, but picked up no scents that could be Charcoal.

Jan 24, 2018 08:01 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘Thank you, that would be great.’‘ Great to both things, actually. To going to the Evergreens, and to offering to babysit his sons when Pierre needed it. Maybe once Pharaoh and Babette got back from the Evergreens, they could look after his sons and he would go see Faithful, and hope she was still there at the lake…

There really was no sign of Charcoal as they tracked, and Pierre was getting discouraged. He was giving up, maybe too soon. But Charcoal would never just leave him like this, right? Pierre thought he would stay here with him, after all that had happened, after what happened to Blaise.

But he was gone. And Pierre believed he was either dead, or just gone forever. To be honest, he was not really surprised anymore. Everyone left at some point. Maybe Charcoal wasn’t any better. Pierre felt disappointed.

He stopped moving. ’‘We should stop looking.’‘ he mumbled. He sounded awfully upset.

Jan 25, 2018 12:44 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Pharaoh stopped, mid-inhale to catch fresh, potential Charcoal scents. But his brow furrowed, and he turned his head. He studied Pierre’s expression. Replayed the sound of his voice. What would he have done if it was Caesar, and she was here with him, upset?

Well, if it was Cae before abandoning him when his life had been at its worst, that was.

He moved quietly back to Pierre, and brushed his shoulder to the other male’s. To think, that he ever imaged he would be physically offering comfort to whom equated to a commoner, while Pharaoh lived that life himself. Pierre though - had he lived in the Proleator Kingdom, he would certainly have been a knight. And an honorable one.

Pharaoh still thought of Alec, some days.

“If you wish it of me, Pierre. But it is no bother to me to search. I… it is a worthy thing, having a goal.” Helping a fried in need.

Jan 25, 2018 06:34 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pharaoh offered him comfort, but Pierre did not know what to do with it. He just shot the male a worried and sad look, disappointed, mostly in Charcoal, but also in himself. For not being able to keep track of his brother, for just letting him go. He let everybody go…

’‘No, it’s fine. There’s… no use.’‘ he mumbled. Charcoal was gone and it would be waste to keep searching, now. And he could not, for he had two sons to look after. But even if he sent out Pharaoh the male would just find nothing. He was certain. ’‘We should… go do something else. Something that doesn’t make me think of him…’‘

But what? Pierre used to hunt a lot with Charcoal. They were actual hunting buddies, back at the Cadre… Would hunting be able to clear his mind? He wasn’t sure. What else could they do? He did not know…

Jan 25, 2018 11:37 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Pharaoh felt a stab of disappointment, swallowing with a downwards look. And he nodded, slow and heavy. “Of course, Pierre. What is it you wish us to do?” If it was company the grieving male wanted, that was what he would get. Pharaoh would try to be more upbeat. Try to be a decent friend.

Jan 26, 2018 06:39 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.