Roleplay Forums | Map

Waveheat
[continuation] Concurrent with the end of 'Heatwave' | With Benny

Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

((Spitting Bucky and Benny off in their own thread for the end of ‘Heatwave’, just so Holly has a change to go all Mom on Ash ;) ))

Bucky glanced over his shoulder - just in case a ticked-off Holly came charging after him or anything. Hopefully she’d be busy dealing with Ash.

“So Benny, I just want a quick chat. You aren’t in trouble.” The dark-furred wolf told the other male quietly, but a bit too casually. Yet. He wasn’t in trouble yet. “So tell me what happened in your words the first time you came here. Holly said Ash bit you for trying to go into their den?” He prompted. He moved at an easy enough pace, with his broad shoulders relaxed and his tail swishing lightly in time with his gait, but the glances he shot Benny’s way and his pricked ears said he was paying careful attention.

Jan 23, 2018 06:04 AM

[ ignore ]
Benvolio is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

Benny liked talking, so he wanted to talk to the big dark wolf that wanted to talk to him obviously! Granted, talking to Holly more would have been nice too. She called him a friend and that was something that was far beyond what anyone else in this valley had ever considered him before.

He trailed after the big guy. The dark wolf started with his question but Benny tried to cut in after the little ‘not in trouble’ section. “So I’m Benny….and you might be…?” This guy seemed important, and like, Benny liked to know who he was talking to, even if he didn’t guarantee he’d remember the name later.

But! The guy had questions and this was an invitation to talk and boy was Benny good at talking! “Oh yeah so this was like…ummmm….more than a month ago….I came to the valley to look for my sister, from the east through that dessert, and then the hills, river, mountains, more grass, and then it started to storm one day and it was super windy and wet and I hate that!” Benny hoped that the dark wolf didn’t mind him explaining all of his recently history as well as they went.

“So I saw some trees and those turned out to be these trees basically and I was trying to find a place to hide from the storm and there was a really nice looking hole in the ground that I saw and I didn’t know it was a den for pups - course I know it is now - but anyway, so I was just gonna sit right inside until it stopped raining but as soon as my face was close to the den something bit me!” He whined slightly and flicked his head a few times, he didn’t have to remember the pain of that first time, his nose was sore and bloody right now. “It was the kid, the same kid, from the river, except he was smaller back then. But anyway, I tried to explain to him that I was nice and we could be friends but he kept trying to bite me and then miss Holly showed up and we settled things and that was that!”  Yup, there was the whole story about the den and the first time he met Holly. He’d sort of tried to lie to Holly the first time but the damn kid talked and ruined it, so he figured he might as well just tell the stupid truth because that had happened like more than a month ago now so what did it even matter?

Jan 23, 2018 08:00 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky was silent for a moment after Benny’s torrent of words finished. Woah. And he thought Kaete talked a lot. This was something else.

But it told him a lot about Benny. Simple minded, probably non-threatening (Bucky had not forgotten Zaan) and more than a bit clueless. He just stopped himself from laughing at the thought of a mini-Ash biting Benny’s face.

He answered his question first. “I’m Bucky. Leader of this pack.” Seemed necessary to spell out. “All right Benny. Now, that happened because you didn’t pay attention to border markers. When non-pack wolves come to my pack, I expect them to wait at the borders and call for somebody to ask to come in. There are packs in this valley that might attack you for missing border markings, even if it is rainy at the time. You understand?”

Jan 23, 2018 03:06 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

This was Bucky! A whole bunch of ideas shifted around inside Benny’s head, different things falling into and out of place again. His tail didn’t stop wagging from the pace it had picked up while he had rattled off his entire story, but he sort of flicked it awkwardly back and forth as he tried to figure out what all of this stuff meant together.

Bucky was the guy Efeon had mentioned, who was the leader of the pack. And Efeon had said something about Bucky being able to help find his sister too. However, he was the leader of the same pack that Holly was in. Which meant Bucky was the bad guy who didn’t like her - didn’t believe her - wanted to hurt her pups? It was definitely one of those three things. But he had showed up here and seemed like he wanted to protect the kid - even if the damn little biter didn’t need to be protected cause Benny hadn’t been there to hurt him.

So, was the guy good or bad? Holly had called him her friend, so that meant Bucky was bad right - cause Holly was good. But Efeon had seemed to like Bucky, and Efeon had cute kids, so that made Bucky good - cause Efeon was good too. It was a lot to try to process.

In his very taxed brain he basically missed what Bucky had said, but managed to tune back in for the question at the end. With something of a dazed and confused expression he managed to reply after a few blinks. “Oh yeah, yeah, gotcha!” Whatever he’d agreed to couldn’t have been that complicated.

Was this all Bucky had called him over for, cause he had other things to ask. He didn’t really wait to see if there was more. “So Mr. Efeon told me about you, that you can find wolves? Cause I’m looking for my sister, Perdita. I lost her a long ways east of here and I really wanna find her again cause I like my sister and I’ve been looking for her which was why I had walked all over the valley but no one else has seen her or knows anything - cause I’ve asked a lot of people. But do you know?!” He finished on an excited, hopeful note at the end.

Jan 23, 2018 06:17 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky didn’t know the boy well enough to work out how confused he was. He simply nodded himself. “Glad we have an understanding. For the record I don’t mind if you come and visit Holly, as long as you live up to our agreement.”

There was… a lot of information about Eefie and Perdita in very specific detail that Kaete conversations had prepped him well for. “I haven’t heard of Perdia, sorry Benny. And while I can get our long range patrols on the lookout for you, we don’t travel outside this valley. Did you loose her before or after the big mountains just that way? Is that the way you came into the valley?” He nodded in the direction of the south mountains. 

Did Benny think he was a wizard or a pack leader? Finding wolves too time and patience. He knew that well.

Jan 24, 2018 02:23 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

Was that what he had agreed to - something about visiting? Sure, that sounded great! “Yeah, I’ll visit Holly - we’re friends!” She had said so herself, Benny wasn’t going to forget that. “I brought her a turkey before - I could get her another one. Or something bigger….” He paused, thinking of the other things he could bring to her. “Like a deer, that’d be good! Her and her kids could eat a deer I bet. Cause I’m a really good hunter so I’ll get her a deer next time.” Benny puffed himself a bit at his own praise. He was a good hunter, but in his head he was imagining a half-grown deer at best.

At Bucky’s response he frowned and glanced away again. No one had seen his sister. It was so unfair! All he wanted was Perdy back but she wasn’t here and he didn’t know where to find her! He shook his head at the question though.

“No, I lost her in the mountains way, way east of here. You can’t even see ‘em from anywhere near here. East of the dessert that’s east of here.” Benny didn’t know how better to describe the place his sister and him had come from, but it was definitely not within this valley.

Jan 24, 2018 08:42 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky’s closer ear remained rotated towards Benny, and he shot glances over at the small male, even at the other ear went on rotation, quietly scouting out the area.

“I’m glad you still want to be friends with Holly. What with Ash acting so defensively towards you.” He commented, tone thoughtful. Benny then explained he lost his sister had been misplaced well beyond the valley reaches.

“Yeah, afraid that’s much further than our patrols travel. But don’t give up hope - this valley’s a real bounty, a lot of wolves wind up being drawn here.” Good and bad ones. “We’ll keep our eyes and ears open for Perdita.” 

Jan 25, 2018 05:23 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

“Y-yeah, I still want to be friends with miss Holly,” he reassured. He hadn’t ever really thought about it to much that he wouldn’t want to be friends with her cause her kid sucked. But then, no one else wanted to be friends with Benny, so if he decided not to be friends with Holly, then he wouldn’t have any friends, so it was worth it to be friends with her. But he wasn’t going to try to explain all of that exactly.

His expression and tail drooped further as Bucky explained that he couldn’t find anyone outside of the valley. Well, if Perdy came here he said he’d keep an eye out for her. Maybe she’d show up, but she hadn’t shown up yet, and Benny had been looking for her a lot. “Thanks,” he said, a lot more dejectedly than he’d even really planned to.

“So….is that all you wanted to talk to me about?” The guy had called him over here specifically, but then just told him about…whatever he had sort of agreed to right away, and then told him it was nice he was friends with Holly. That was a weird conversation, but whatever.

Jan 25, 2018 07:09 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Interesting.

He felt bad for hurting the little guy’s feelings, telling him he couldn’t send a patrol outside the valley, especially to mountains you couldn’t even see from here. But he had to be realistic. Unless his sister came her too, in which case Bucky would remember the name.

“Mmhm, wanted to be sure we were in agreement about the trespassing issue. Also wanted to check your nose is okay. Since it’s the second time Ash bit you and all. I’m responsible for everybody in my pack.” However temporary they were. “Including visitors. We have a couple of healers, if it’s still bothering you.”

Jan 26, 2018 12:56 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

Oh, trespassing, that was what the first question had been about. Okay, okay, he totally got it now! Except, well, he had been invited back to the oaks, so that was totally fine now right? “But it’s fine to visit Holly though…?” He asked, looking at the bigger guy with a confused expression. He had said he could visit her, but did that count as trespassing? Benny had just sorta gone wherever he wanted before, where were these rules from? Bucky was a confusing guy.

At the mention of his nose he flopped his tongue out of his mouth and tried to lick at the wound but couldn’t reach it no matter how he wiggled the tongue around trying to get to the bites. It still hurt but the blood was drying and he figured it’d probably be okay-ish. Ummm…yeah….Im sure it’ll probably be fine, ya know. Does it look bad?” Benny crossed his eyes but only managed to focus on the end of his snout - just seeing the dark blood and the general mess that his muzzle was at the moment.

Jan 26, 2018 08:23 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky’s brow inched up. “As long as you remember what we just talked about.” Remember, all of three minutes ago? Maybe this guy really was a bit simple. He didn’t mind visitors, if they stayed polite and respectful.

“Doesn’t look bad.. If you go back down to the ocean, dunk your nose in the salt water. It’ll sting, but it helps stop it getting infected.” He relayed to Benny. He seemed to have come off worse than Ash. Those tiny scrapes on his scruff hadn’t seemed bad at all.

Jan 26, 2018 08:29 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti

“Yeah, of course,” he replied. Bucky’s answer hadn’t helped clarify at all. Maybe Bucky was a bad wolf. He’d ask miss Holly, probably. He figured he’d just come visit, that’d be fine, whatever. It wasn’t trespassing if he was a invited by her.

Assured that his nose didn’t look too bad he gave a nod. The guy had some advice, that seemed useful. Benny figured maybe he could make it to the ocean and go dunk his face in. Benny had never seen the ocean before, but he’d heard some stories. “Thanks! I’ll go do that now, yeah, now seems good. Yeah?” He looked at the guy, making sure he was dismissed, but ready to run off as long as Bucky didn’t ask another question or something.

[Fade if Bucky doesn’t have more to say?]

Jan 26, 2018 08:44 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.