Roleplay Forums | Map

we were just kids
aw | sunny

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts artist bugsuggestion helper lonelythreads otm profile supporter tumblr welcomeguide

He was definitely overweight. The guy did nothing. Rota did pretty much all of the hunting and he… sat around, avoiding everyone and everything. Did he enjoy it? No. Not in the slightest. His life felt empty and as antisocial and closed-off as the kid was, he knew that this wasn’t the life he wanted. There was nothing for him. Dad wasn’t coming back. Mom wasn’t coming back. Sif wasn’t coming back. It was just him and Rota against the world.

They needed to do something.

But he didn’t want to. He did, but not really. His mind yearned for something else, but it was like some other part of him fought that half and forced it to shut up. He just didn’t feel like it.

Altair wasn’t doing anything particularly different that day. He was staring at a flower. Thinking about Tempest. Damn Bravo.

Jan 26, 2018 07:35 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts helper profile

(i shouldnt be joining more threads but here i am, joining more threads!)

While leaving the labyrinth was not something Icarus took lightly, he knew that it was a necessity. Every now and then, he had to break away from the labyrinth, even if just for a day, to accomplish a small, private to-do list in his mind.

Patrol the northeastern corner of the labyrinth: check.

Pass through the evergreens and hope to catch a whiff of Solomon: check, albeit without success.

Head to the meadow to search for herbs: up next on the docket.

And, maybe, look for Darcian.

He had a lot of news to share with her. He’d been aching to see her again, especially after having extended his invitation for her and her boyfriend (groan) to visit him in the labyrinth. But she never showed up. She mentioned her family traveling to the mountains, and he couldn’t help but wonder if that’s where she was. But that was too far for him to go. All he could do was mill about the meadow, at the furthest edges of his range, and stare in their direction, as if he might somehow see her descend and come trotting his way.

The masked boy distracted himself with his search for flowers, but after a while, he’d forgotten what he was looking for in the first place. His mind was too busy. He nearly gave up with a sigh before spotting a figure through the golden-green grasses, and his heart skipped - but it wasn’t her. Didn’t even look like her.

It might have been Braith, but the masculine scent on the wind suggested otherwise.

Icarus sucked in a breath and barked out a greeting nonetheless, tail waving amicably. What better distraction than the possibility of a new friend? Maybe he’d seen Darcy or Braith around.

Jan 27, 2018 12:49 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jan 27, 2018 12:52 PM by Icarus ]
Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts artist bugsuggestion helper lonelythreads otm profile supporter tumblr welcomeguide

im soz in advance about altair’s butt-facedness D:

One of the things Altair hated the most about the world was how many friendly wolves it contained. It was like they were oblivious to all the awful things life contained. Were they aware of the fact that there were horrible wolves out there? No. Did they know that life hated wolves? No. And yet they found it in them to act like everything was okay when it was evident that nothing could ever possibly be okay. Time made sure of that.

So, yeah, it was annoying. It annoyed the crap out of him. So, when he caught sight of the cheery dude, Altair’s ear flicked.

“Gallivant elsewhere.” His tone was dry, eyes staring dully at the stranger.

Jan 27, 2018 10:31 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

(no need to apologize! Icky needs to have more buttholes in his life ;P )

Icarus was already well on his way toward the stranger when he spoke to him. The optimist in him was prepared to shoot back a friendly greeting, already compiling what all he wanted to ask of the wolf sitting in the meadow, before his brain caught up with what had entered his ears. It was a dour command to go elsewhere.

Icarus paused, tilting his head. His tail never fell, however, and nor did his spirit. His first instinct was to harness the defense mechanism he’d developed over so many seasons of lonesome travel.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

“I wasn’t gallivanting. But I can, if that’s what you like,” Icarus said with a wink, flirtatious in the way his hips suddenly swayed as he trotted an extravagant half-arc around the boy, nonchalantly eying him to gauge his response. To see if he was watching.

Because if the kid wasn’t going to make good company, Icarus was going to wrench it out of him, or weird him out trying. He didn’t come all this way just to have his day ruined by a spoil sport, after all.

Jan 29, 2018 12:19 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

<3333

Altair withheld an eye roll. It seemed the message wasn’t really getting to the older wolf. So, to make things that much easier, he simplified the order. “Leave.” He almost added a “now,” but adding in another word, wasting that one second of breath wasn’t worth it.

The yearling was oblivious to the flirtatious ways of the male, but as soon as the other got too close, his fur rose defensively and lips tore back aggressively in warning. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with touchy strangers.

Jan 30, 2018 07:54 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

The yearling made it quickly obvious that he had no interest in Icarus’ company. On any other day, Icarus would have been happy to relinquish to the stranger his solitude, to leave him be and carry on with his day, but the masked boy was feeling particularly cheeky today. It was his high spirits aching to socialize, to rub off on someone else. To have fun. He would hang around just a little longer, merely flicking an ear at the boy’s command to leave.

When he flashed his teeth, though, that warranted a real response.

Icarus paused mid-step, eying him for a moment before turning his body fully to face the boy. He took a few steps back, sure to keep some distance between himself and the stranger should he decide to turn on a dime - Icarus wasn’t looking to garner any new scars today - and then plopped down on his haunches with a smile.

“Why?” he asked, cocking his head steeply to the side. “These your flowers?”

He resisted the urge to append the nickname “Pudge” to his question. The boy before him looked awfully rotund, but maybe he was sensitive about it. Icarus kept quiet on the matter.

Jan 30, 2018 06:34 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

“They’re not yours,” Altair returned. The flowers weren’t his. They were Tempest’s. Clouds, on the other hand, definitely belonged to him.

The guy looked too happy for comfort. He’d probably just confessed to the love of his life and gotten some sort of affirmative response. Stupid. Love, it was stupid. Useless. Got you nowhere except for loneliness. He’d loved his family and now they were just down for two. It was wiser not to have any emotions.

Feb 02, 2018 04:58 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

The boy made a point of evading giving him a proper answer. That probably meant that no, they weren’t his flowers either. Icarus was pretty sure the meadow wasn’t claimed, anyway. He had spent enough time here that he would have noticed if scent borders had been laid down. He also would have noticed a pack of wolves living in the area. But considering he didn’t, he simply shrugged, grinned, tilted his head and laughed.

“That’s fair. Plenty of flowers elsewhere for me to snatch up anyway,” Icarus said. Though inwardly, he knew he’d probably just wander somewhere out of sight of the male before he started plucking herbs to bring back to the labyrinth.

An inadvertent yawn broke through his maw. Icarus laid his ears back, jaw opening wide to the sunlight before his teeth clicked closed and he lazily rolled onto his side. And then his back. His front legs stretched out high above him, his back legs reaching as far as they could, toes spreading with delight, his eyes squeezed closed all the while.

He turned his head to the boy and opened his eyes again, smiling as he folded his paws against his chest. “I’m Icarus.”

He doubted the boy would care. He seemed rather surly. But Icarus still tried.

Feb 04, 2018 08:44 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

Incorrect. All of the flowers belonged to Tempest, even the ones she had yet to see. None would ever belong to this unworthy guy. Altair made no comment on it, though, knowing already that it could potentially break out into an argument he wasn’t interested in getting involved in.

For some reason, the stranger felt the need to introduce himself. Altair said nothing, instead, he stood up, slowing heaving his entire self up. “And I’m leaving,” Altair responded dryly.

Feb 06, 2018 08:04 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

As predicted, the other boy didn’t seem interested in talking to him. Like, at all. Any normal wolf would have accepted that fact and moved on. But it was hard for him - Icarus, who was so accustomed to making friends, making them laugh. And perhaps a little obsessed about leaving a positive impression. Helping someone, if he could.

“Awe, wait!” he yipped, rolling back to his feet. “Was it something I said?”

Feb 09, 2018 11:39 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

Altair’s ears twitched at the stranger’s question, but he didn’t bother respond. Even if he had chosen to answer, he wouldn’t have known where to start. Clearly it was something the guy said. Actually, it was more than that. It was his entire personality that nibbled at Altair’s nerves.

But Altair couldn’t change anyone’s personality. And, if he could, it’d require way too much effort. Nothing he felt like doing.

So he continued on his merry way.

[Attempted exit-o <3]

Feb 11, 2018 01:34 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Did he actually think he could walk away from Icarus? Maybe if Icarus was like… you know, a spineless little baby, sure. But he wasn’t.

Icarus padded after him, tail wagging, unfazed by the kid’s rudeness.

“Hey, I actually had a reason to talk to you, you know!” Icarus barked. I just got distracted. Couldn’t pass up the invitation for a good gallivant.”

It was hardly an invitation, and he knew that, and grinned anyway.

“Maybe you should try it some time.”

(sorry Altair LOL)

Feb 11, 2018 01:57 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

“Five seconds ago, you stated that you weren’t gallivanting. Be a hypocrite elsewhere,” Altair grumbled, still walking forward, but not increasing his pace.

The kid’s jaws clenched as he debated whether or not to call for his sister. Did he want to draw attention from all wolves in the meadow? Were there other wolves in the meadow? He sighed.

Feb 11, 2018 02:38 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Ahah, there we go! The kid speaks.

“I wasn’t, but you put the idea in my head, SOoOoOoo…” Icarus trailed off, putting a delightful spring in his step as he walked after the yearling. He wouldn’t try to pick up his pace to walk next to him. Icarus felt like they weren’t quite at that point in their relationship yet. He was content to just skip behind the boy like an annoying little fairy going “Hey! Listen!” every now and then.

Feb 11, 2018 02:46 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Altair Penumbra Isabel
Achievements (?)

i am so sorry for altair’s snakeness *points below* icarus is truly precious

That was it. Altair was snapping. Not literally. Just. Mentally. And verbally. So maybe literally. But not physically.

Whipping around—which was more like a very slow roll because he was a fucking beach ball in size—Altair glared straight at the lighter wolf.

“Look, rogue, you have no business stepping foot on this land. I was raised here, made unforgettable memories that you are now tainting because of your presence. This land wasn’t made for frolicky, naive wolves such as yourself. It has meaning, history, and importance. You? You’re the equivalent of a tick. Do me a favor and remove yourself not only from this conversation but from my land.” He wasn’t snarling nor were his lips pulled back aggressively. There was a dullness to his tone, a careless emptiness.

Feb 11, 2018 03:10 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

(WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU ICKY.. OH NO… sorry for the novel)

Oh, and now he was turning around! Icarus paused mid-step, eager because this probably meant he was gonna say more things to him, and while Icarus had the feeling it wasn’t going to be good, he was still very very curious about what it was going to be.

The first thing he called him was rogue. Icarus wanted to guffaw right then and there. Could this kid not smell the Vanguard on him? Icarus was pretty sure he made a point of rolling around in his friends’ scents as much as he could, like every day. Actually, this kid seemed more like a rogue than him - oh, but he was moving on.

Talking about this land, as if it were his territory. Icarus crinkled his nose, sniffing the air as though testing for signs of a scent marker. If there had been one, he wouldn’t have come here. He went on, calling him frolicky, naive. As if the meadow itself was capable of judging what kind of character it would allow into its flowers.

But the best part was how he called him a tick. Asked him to do him a favor. As if Icarus would be obliged to such a thing now.

And maybe, in the back of his mind, he knew the boy was irredeemable. There was no point in trying to boost his mood or befriend him. So the only other option was, naturally, to be a prick in return. So through the duration of his rant, he smiled.

“Wow! That was great, really great. I could honestly feel the anger radiating off of you. There’s just so much emotion in your voice it was like I was experiencing everything that ever happened to you to make you a total asshole.”

Was this what Ross felt like, when he lashed out at others? It made him giddy.

“Do you accept constructive criticism? Okay, first: rogue? Wrong-o! I gots me a pack back in the labyrinth. The Twilight Vanguard. Real nice folks - be glad to have you over for brunch one day! And secondly, who are you, King of the Meadow? I been visiting this meadow for months and haven’t seen you around once. And I been frolicky and naive about it every time. Because newsflash: flowers were meant to frolic in. And I’ll frolic in them every day. For the rest of my life. Because I. Fucking. Love. Frolicking in flowers.”

Icarus’ voice hardened into a passionate intensity as he fixed his stare on the boy.

What was he gonna do, attack him? Yeah. Like he could even catch him.

Feb 11, 2018 04:12 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.