Roleplay Forums | Map

Eat, drink, stay a while
[summons] [Makki] | Afternoon | AW

Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts 250posts lonelythreads otm profile

Catrine had been very glad to see Makki come back to the Sanctuary with Caspian and the other refugees from the Kingdom. She didn’t plan to pass up this opportunity to talk to the male before he left again.

“Makki!” She called loud and clear throughout the hollow - if he was still around she certainly hoped he’d answer. She didn’t know know him all that well, but she had a good impression from the interactions they had had. Plus, with her brother gone from the lake - to who know’s where - and seemingly with Ryd and the girl Faithful gone as well, Makki’s pack was maybe…not really a pack anymore.

Catrine settled back into a comfortable sit near the top of the hill while she waited to see if the male would come talk to her.

Jan 30, 2018 08:56 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

//cue me screaming aaaaaa i made a thread that hes leaving so i dont know what to do FUCK so this can be backdated and stuff hopefully???

After the mess of wolves, Makki was planning on leaving. He had to sort stuff out back with Neomii, and just be back at home for as long as he could be. He had full intentions of sticking to his promise. But, at Catrine’s call, he sprung up to head towards it. She was a friend as well, and, well, he wanted to speak with her too.

Luckily he could see her as soon as he moved towards the sound. Right on top of the hill. The boy smiled, happy to see her once more. “Hi!” He called, waving his tail as he got closer. He was still a little far away for talking, so he simply continued steadily towards her.

Feb 01, 2018 03:49 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)

The white male came into view and Catrine had an instant smile and her tail wagged across the ground behind her. He plainly looked happy as well, so it hadn’t just been Catrine who thought they got along well. She had only met him twice before near the lake, but he had left a good impression.

“Hello,” she called happily and then pushed up to her feet, padding forward to close the distance between them since he had come to meet her.

“I’m glad you’re still here, I wanted to talk to you about a few things. Firstly, I’m really glad that you were there to help Caspian. It was good to know you were along with him as well. But secondly, I wanted to talk about the pack here, and the Cadre.” She wouldn’t say more than that just yet, and wanted to see if he had anything immediate to mention either.

[Yeah, it’s fine to put this before that thread]

Feb 01, 2018 08:31 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

//cool cool!

Makki smiled, and slowed so they could meet in the middle. He really felt like he hadn’t seen her in ages. While he wanted to voice that, Catrine begun speaking, so he saved his words for later. She was better at speaking anyway.

The boy tilted his head in question when she mentioned having things to talk about. Of course, he had no idea what she was going to say, but he soon realised, and nodded. “Thats okay, he helped me too,” he started, pausing for a second, “Uh, what about them?” Did she know about Ryd and Faithful leaving too? Caspian might have told her, or something.

Feb 02, 2018 04:59 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)

“I’m glad you both made it back safe and sound.” Catrine plopped back into a comfortable sitting position to talk. The younger wolf seemed interested enough in having a conversation about the Cadre. She didn’t want to upset him with it at all.

“It sounded like my brother left a few months ago. I can’t explain what Rab does anymore than you probably can.” She gave a little chuckle at that. Catrine wouldn’t follow him this time. If he came back, he knew where she would be, but if he set off into the world for some excitement, that was all up to him. Again, what was it with wolves and wanting to wander aimlessly without a home?

“But it also seems like Ryd and the younger girl Faithful might be gone as well? I should hope that they are all safe wherever they are as well, but….it seems unsafe for you to be at the lake alone. Or, is there anyone else there?” She hadn’t really contemplated that. She had smelled some other wolves around the last time she visited, but it hadn’t been clear if they were part of the Cadre or not.

“What I’m trying to ask here is if you would consider coming to live at the hollow? Maybe being a part of the Sanctuary if you’d like? I think it would be safer and we’re indebted to you and would be happy to have you join us for any amount of time.” Catrine gave him a hopeful smile. Please say yes Makki so she wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Feb 03, 2018 08:25 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki smiled, nodded, and chose to take a seat. Standing up wasn’t the best stance for talking, especially if it was gonna be a long talk. And he sort of had a feeling that it was gonna be really long.

Rabanastre, now. He kind of just… dropped off the side of the earth. One day he was there, and then he was gone again. The boy laughed softly, and shrugged, “Maybe he didn’t like it there.” A suggestion, even though he didn’t know how anyone could dislike where the Cadre lived.

The next topic sent a pang of grief right to his heart. His two friends, Ryd and Faithful. He sighed, and drooped his head for a second. “No one knows where they went…” not even Elliot’s pack, either. Which was weird, considering they were gonna try to kill him. But… anyway. Catrine went on, and he raised his head, trying not to feel too sorry for himself. “Yeah, Neomii’s there as well. She’s nice.” Oh yeah, Catrine knew about her, right? From that one weird meeting?

As the white female went on, Makki could hardly believe what he was hearing. A smile, shy at first, begun to spread over his face. “Oh,” he whispered, his heavy heart beginning to soar, “That would be… really nice, yeah.” He nodded his pale head, “Its nice here, I’d like that a lot.”

Then, a couple of tears started falling. He wasn’t sad, oh no, he was just immensely happy. The boy sniffed, still smiling away, “Thank you.” He was grateful beyond words, but a simple thanks would just have to do. A thought popped into his head, then, “Do… do you think Neomii would be able to come as well?” She’d like it here, he thought. It was safer here than back at the Cadre.

Feb 03, 2018 05:54 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)

Catrine gave a little shrug about her brother. It was unfortunate he had disappeared again on her, but it was his life. They hadn’t been particularly close before, but she had been looking forward to having him around more often, and him getting to know the pups.

Then it was back to the Cadre. The boy looked very happy about the prospect, and then starting crying from it. Catrine moved herself a bit closer and nuzzled at his shoulder gently. “Of course you’re welcome here. You’re a very nice and caring wolf Makki, we’d be happy to have you join the pack. I don’t really know what you did before for the Cadre? We have protectors and hunters and healers and seekers here.” She wasn’t sure what that aligned with in Makki’s interests. He honestly struck her as someone who would enjoy being a chaser, but maybe there was something else that he liked instead.

The mention of Neomii was a little more difficult. Catrine remembered the strange little woman and honestly hadn’t been impressed by her - the opposite actually. However, she had seemed fairly harmless, and mostly just a little dumb. “I only met her the once and she seemed a little…strange.” Makki had been there of course, he ought to understand exactly what she meant.

“But if she is caring and helpful, I’m sure we would welcome her as well if she wants to come here. Maybe, ah, maybe she’d like to be a seeker, and then she can travel some?” It would get her out of the hollow at least, and perhaps her outgoing nature would find them some others as well.

Feb 04, 2018 04:47 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki smiled tearfully at the comfort. Though, he was happy and he didn’t exactly need it, it was nice. So were the compliments. If this was what all the wolves in the Sanctuary were like, he would really like it here. Even more than the Cadre, he thought. ”Thank you, Catrine.”

Raising his head a little more, he thought about what he was asked for a moment. ”Uh… I just patrolled a lot. We didn’t really have a lot of ranks…” oh! ”I hunted for us as well! Ryd taught me.” Both were good. He was okay if she chose for him.

Neomii, now. Makki shrugged, knowing it was kind of true. ”Yeah… I think she just wants to be happy, I think. I told her I’d keep her safe.” If that helped her cause in any way, he would be glad. ”I think she’d like that. I’ll ask when we get here.” He answered, nodding.

Feb 04, 2018 09:59 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)

Catrine gave him another little nudge on the shoulder and a happy smile in return. It was sounding like they had another new pack mate and that was something to be quite excited about.

“Well we have chasers who hunt - or they would hunt if we had any chasers,” she gave a little chuckle at the bad joke. Everyone hunted at the moment, and it worked well enough for them that it wasn’t a concern. “Or we have protectors like myself and Sunfall. We check the borders and meet wolves who call - or who just wander in. But everyone does a bit of everything that they’re interested in. If you’d like you could also be an aspirant until you decide, or settle in a bit more.” Perhaps it was a bit outside her job description to offer to make Makki a protector or chaser, but with Nanook gone, well, someone had to do things around here, and it wasn’t proving to be anyone but herself interested in the logistics of pack management it seemed.

She gave another little smile about Neomii. Perhaps the girl could come here and fit in. If she caused trouble, she’d have to go of course, but maybe she just needed some more experienced wolves around to put her on a better path and all would run smoothly. Perhaps she would make a good chaser with all of her extra energy. “Why don’t you bring her back here with you, and we can all discuss what she’d like when she arrives.” She gave a little nod at that - the girl was invited as a guest, and they’d figure out the pack business once she was here to talk about it.

Was there anything else to bring up still? Oh! “We have pups here as well - and not just the new ones that arrived. I had two boys if you’d like to meet them when you get back, they enjoy new playmates.” She hoped Makki liked pups - who didn’t like pups?

Feb 05, 2018 08:22 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki smiled, then nodded, concentrating on his friends’ explanation. The protector rank sounded a whole lot like what he had done back in the Cadre. Now that he was thinking about it, he didn’t actually like that. It was sort of forced upon him, cause Ryd wanted to leave him in charge. To be honest, he didn’t think he did a good job. So maybe he’d be a hunter. Well, chaser.

“I can hunt. I like hunting, but I can’t catch big things.” Hm, then again… “I might just… wait. Thats okay, right?” It was a new thing, and he felt like he wanted to just settle in. Ryd, as much as he liked her, kind of rushed him into things, he realised. This was better.

The boy liked Catrine’s suggestion quite a bit. He grinned, and nodded happily, “I will! I think she’d really like it here.” Much better here, he’d decided. Especially cause they had pups too. He beamed at the mention of him meeting her kids. “Yeah, I’d love to meet them! Caspian told me, Carrick and Cade, right?”

Feb 05, 2018 09:27 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Catrine Matti
Achievements (?)

Makki seemed to consider the possible options but hesitated on choosing one. That was fine though, another aspirant for the pack was still a more than welcome addition. She smiled reassuringly. “Yes of course. You’ll be an aspirant then.” She felt a little rush of emotion at another wolf wanting to join their pack and help it grow.

“I’ll keep an eye out for the pair of you to come back then.” Hopefully it would be a positive sort of encounter this time. Maybe the girl had just been having a weird day and things would go more smoothly this time.

She nodded at the last bit, her boys names. “Yup! That’s exactly right. When you come back I’ll be more than happy to introduce you to them and you can spend all the time you’d like playing with the boys.” Her tail wagged, Catrine was looking forward to them continuing to grow bigger and stronger and being able to do more things.

[Fade?]

Feb 08, 2018 09:02 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The boy smiled, relieved. “Okay. That sounds good.” The Sanctuary sounded very relaxed. It was just a chill time. It might be different, but thats the first impression he got.

Makki nodded, “Yeah, I’ll be back real soon.” Well, relying on the fact that Neomii would agree on coming with him. She might not want to do that, or she might want to stay. He didn’t know.

Grinning wider, the boy thought instantly of lil Catrine’s and Caspian’s running around. That sounded weirdly cute, considering he looked up to them as kind of parental figures. But whatever. “That sounds super cool! Thank you!” He couldn’t wait.

//yup! fade! also, would this count as Makki officially joining the pack, or would he have to speak to Nanook when he comes back?

Feb 08, 2018 10:01 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.