Roleplay Forums | Map

Join me on my little adventure
[continuation] With Kilorn / heading toward the sanctuary/ hot / early afternoon

Name Player
Keziah Zachariah Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was really hot again. Like really hot. Keziah supposed it didnt help she had a dark pelt that enjoyed soaking up the sun.

After their playtime… The pair headed off towards the sanctuary. It had only been a couple of days. Besides… She planned to bring Cassian some more plants to teach her with.

Speaking of which… Ocean orbs scanned the land. It was mostly great plain… But a few strange looking plants popped up every now and then.

Jan 31, 2018 07:14 AM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jan 31, 2018 07:54 AM by Keziah ]
Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

In spite of whatever doubts he might have had about Keziah after their initial separation, he was glad he’d found her again, at.. whatever that place with the hot water pools could be called. His time with the easy going Keziah had provided something he’d realized he needed quite a lot of. And that was basic, friendly interaction with someone else. Because for once, he’d actually allowed himself to enjoy something, which had actually gone better than he had expected it to. The only thing he regretted about it so far, was now they had left behind the shade of the forest to venture back out into the plains.

But there were still doubts in his mind. Kilorn hadn’t been around many wolves for a long time, let alone a pack. What if things went badly? If he was too awkward and they didn’t like him?

And then there was the question of how he’d feel when he left, and how that would make everyone else feel. Although it had vanished for the moment, he was sure his familiar restlessness would appear sooner rather than later. Kilorn already was worried about the attachment he was developing with Keziah. He’d need to proceed with extra caution from here on out.

For now, silence had fallen over himself and Keziah. He didn’t care to interrupt it, rather focus on the terrain around as they undoubtedly grew closer to their eventual goal. This sanctuary that had been spoken of.

///Edited to match our new timeline

Jan 31, 2018 09:31 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Feb 12, 2018 07:49 PM by Kilorn ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The dark woman scanned the area. At certain moments, she would think her eyes would spot something interesting, and the female would leap away, but then it would only be a strange piece of grass.

Letting out a sigh and snort, Keziah padded back to her companion. “It’s just a bunch of grass…” She frowned. Her tone held disappointment, but not anger. Where were all the strange plants?

(I’m sorry this took so long… I’ve been busy with school and haven’t gotten to all my tags)

Feb 11, 2018 08:29 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As they had gone along, Kilorn had been tentatively observing his companion. She’d told him, when they had reunited that she had been out looking for herbs. Judging from what he was seeing now, she seemed to be doing that still.

Keziah had also mentioned wanting to bring some back for the Sanctuary’s healer, which got him thinking. Perhaps that wouldn’t be such a bad idea, to bring something along himself. As sort of a peace offering, perhaps.

”Looking for herbs?” He questioned, somewhat bemused after overhearing the darker woman mention something about a bunch of grass. It was probably better to be absolutely sure that was what she was doing, first, before he jumped in and tried to help her.

Feb 12, 2018 07:51 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ears turned toward a voice. Oh yes… Kilorn was here. It wasnt she was dumb… Just that her mind had wandered to herbs.

“Yes… For Cassian… Bringing some to him would be something id imagine he would like… Plus a kind of apology for me leaving for a bit” she explained. A thoughtful frown then graced her features.

She knew she had to explore at some point to see if her brother was in this land… Then maybe return. Then an idea hit her… What if Kilorn joined her? Keziah never liked being alone. But what if her friend wanted to go somewhere else or stay at the Sanctuary?

Feb 12, 2018 08:40 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Yes, he had been correct. And there was that name again, Cassian of the Sanctuary. Keziah’s thought process seemed to be following a similar path to his own in that regard, and he nodded contemplatively in agreement.

”That is a good idea,” he spoke, albeit in a softer tone as his own eyes started to scan the grassy terrain about them. Perhaps he could help pick out a few useful things, if his admittedly rather limited knowledge proved in any way useful.

Herbs had been about the last thing on his mind over the last couple of years, although if he’d thought about it sooner, perhaps he could have eased some of his suffering. Keeping at bay the memories of a horrific past had been the only thing that had occupied Kilorn’s mind. Up until recently, that was.

”I’ll help you look.” He tacked on, slowing his pace and scanning the area for anything.

Feb 13, 2018 05:15 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The woman perked her ears at his kind words. Keziah was not a very prideful female… But when she was praised… Well her chest tended to swell slightly. “Thank you…” she said softly back.

Then her eyes scanned the land again. “Ok… Honestly i would pick up anything weird looking or something that smells strange” she stated as she gave a flick of her tail and began to slowly move farther in the grass lands.

Feb 13, 2018 07:16 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Looking for herbs. That wasn’t a task he had set himself on for quite some time. Not since before the incident had happened. Briefly, Kilorn smiled as he recalled a few more pleasant memories. He could remember hunting for herbs a couple of times, but always brushing it off as something for nerds. Not big, strong prey hunters like him.

Yet, here he was. How times had changed. Keziah gave him a bit of advice, but he only half heard it, for his eyes had already locked on to something else.

And then he paused for a moment, to look back at the dark female. ”I dunno about that. Got to be careful that you don’t pick something which might be harmful.” Kilorn turned his eyes back to the white bunch of flowers before him. ”But I don’t think this is. Yarrow, if I remember correctly. Good for.. uh, infections and the like.”

He thought, anyway. It was one of the few things he remembered.

Feb 13, 2018 02:24 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Keziah stopped her prancing as his wise words hit her ears. “You are absolutely correct. I guess i just got ahead of myself” she said with an embarrassed chuckle.

The dark woman went back to her search until Kilorn found something. “Yarrow?” she asked tilting her head. A flash of admiration and surprise went across her lagoon eyes. “You know about herbs?” she asked tilting her jead as she padded over and took a stance next to him.

Feb 13, 2018 05:19 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was curious, and more than a little bit concerning that his companion hadn’t thought about any plants being potentially harmful. But rather than add to the embarrassment that she seemed to be feeling, Kilorn decided to keep the comment he had originally been intending, to himself. There was no need for him to speak it, anyway.

He returned his focus to the yarrow as Keziah strode up to linger beside him, and asked in a hushed, almost awed sort of tone if he knew about herbs. A modest shrug followed by a small nod was his initial response. ”Ah, just little bit. An old friend of mine tried to teach me, but I never really paid that much attention.”

That was back when life had been simpler, more pleasant. When he had actually had a reason to wake up every day, and been in love with every aspect of his life, along with a very special woman. But those days were gone now.

Blinking away the reverie, Kilorn focused his mind once again on the present, as well as the plant before him. He lowered his nose down to give it a good sniff. ”Yah, I’m pretty sure it’s yarrow.”

Feb 13, 2018 07:19 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Keziah turned her nose toward the herb. She gave a few sniffs before lifting her head. Ears perked as he explained where his limited knowledge came from.

“Ah… I trust you enough to say it is yarrow” she concluded with a nod. “Cassian will like this. Perhaps he cane teach you as well when we arrive?” she offered with a wag if her tail.

Feb 14, 2018 08:20 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Keziah gave the herb a few good sniffs, presumably to become familiar with it before stepping back and away. She confirmed that she trusted his judgement. Had it been anything else, he wouldn’t have so sure of himself either. Yarrow was about the only one he conclusively remembered.

With care, Kilorn lowered himself to nip the plant at the stalk, humming thoughtfully at the idea of being thought as well. Truthfully, he didn’t particularly care to learn even now, doubted he’d even stick around the pack long enough to have time. But he didn’t want to disappoint his new friend. Now now, and not yet.

”We’ll see. But I think I’m just going to focus on catching up on sleep, first.” He spoke with a wry smile. ”It’ll be nice to have someplace safe to rest for a night.”

Feb 15, 2018 08:22 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It wasnt a denial. He may be up for it but first the man had to sleep.

“Of course” she nodded and smiled. “Shall we continue?” she asked as the woman took a few more steps forward. How long had they been gone? A few days?

Either way… They better get to the Sanctuary.

Feb 16, 2018 05:28 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

And indeed it would be nice to have someplace safe to sleep for a night or two. Kilorn wanted to believe that was main reason he was coming along, not because he wanted companionship or was tired of being alone. But the closer he and Keziah got to the Sanctuary, the more prevalent such thoughts were starting to become. It was a sobering, though not particularly welcome realization to come to.

However, in spite of whatever worries and doubts were running through his mind at the moment, his response to Keziah’s question was a simple little nod. ”Yes. Let’s,” he spoke, leaning down to take the small bundle of flowers tentatively in his jaw. A meager offering if he had ever seen one, but at least it was something.

Something to make him feel a little bit better about where he was going. A little bit less worried about being rejected.

//Looking to fade this here probably?

Feb 18, 2018 08:33 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The woman nodded as the male agreed they should continue. Well, off they went!

Keziah began to trot away, but not without turning her head back to see if Kilorn was coming.

(Sure! Would you like to make the next thread?)

Feb 23, 2018 04:50 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He’d forgotten just how much he really didn’t care for the taste of herbs, or any other plant for that matter. But if this yarrow might well help him buy his way to a nice place to sleep for a night or two, Kilorn supposed he could tolerate it. Though he did hope the Sanctuary wasn’t too much further.

//alright, sounds good!

Feb 24, 2018 02:15 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.