Roleplay Forums | Map

Business as Usual
Looking for Shade and/or Atlas

Name Player
Jingo Stormcrow fenshae

Jingo should have been happy.

His sister was alive! She was healthy and grown and here, physically here. It should have been the most amazing thing to ever happen in his life.

But instead he felt…empty.

It was different. She was different. They both were. They had just been kids when they were separated. He had grown up on his own, and the decisions he’d made and the things that had happened to him had made him a different wolf than he might have been otherwise. The same must undoubtedly have been true of Jinx. And they had grown in different directions, growing apart.

They were strangers with a shared past, and Jingo didn’t know what to do about that, how to relate. Mostly, the realization that his memories of that day were flawed—that if he were wrong about one thing, he might be wrong about many more—had sent him into a spiral of doubt. The death of his family was the bedrock of his identity. Calling that into question made everything else just seem so…huge.

But. One foot in front of the other. Jingo had not survived this long without knowing how to move on with his life.

Jinx or no Jinx, he had made a promise, and he would keep that promise.

Nose twitching as he sought through the scents along the rise, he ventured out looking for Shade and, hopefully, the titan as well.

Feb 07, 2018 02:09 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Shade Dingo

Would today finally be the day?

He felt bad about leaving after all Mika had poured into him, but maybe it would finally give him a break. He’d kept a steady supply of food for Shade for some time now, and it was noticeably affecting Shade’s body. He no longer looked as unhealthy as he had. He still threw most of it up a few hours later, but it felt like more of it stayed down now. Maybe in time it would stop all together.

Jingo’s scent nearby piqued his interest. He hoped the wolf was finally ready to go.

Only one way to find out.

//Arriving soon, close enough to be smelled.

I TOTALLY DIDN’T SEE THIS THREAD

Feb 11, 2018 01:10 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Jingo Stormcrow fenshae

“Shade?” He called, finally, when he thought he caught the scent. He shifted uneasily. This was going to be an awkward conversation with the dark wolf. He really hoped that it wouldn’t go badly. Jingo needed all the help he could get right now.

Feb 12, 2018 03:13 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Shade Dingo

Jingo must’ve smelled him. Nothing unusual, since wolves were pretty good st that.

”I’m coming!”

He really sounded that unenthusiastic all the time now? Geez, lighten up.

Ha. Oh wait, he can’t. Look at his coat. All black.

He could see Jingo now. He wondered if the wolf ever spoke to Atlas.

”Is today the day?”

Feb 12, 2018 11:10 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Athena Stormborn Wynter

Athena had been heading out into the range, intending to seek out the herds of bison to see what state they were in since her absence. She hadn’t checked on them in over a month, and was bound to find some interesting changes after so much time. The Alliance and the Rangers would have to get their hunt underway soon, though she wasn’t exactly opposed to waiting until the season had turned cold and snowy again, to help in the felling of the aggressive giants.

She spotted movement off to one side of her as she moved farther out into the grasslands, and before long, scent came to her to identify the two shapes in the distance. Athena turned toward them, pushing herself to a lope to close the distance, giving a yip as she moved closer to alert Shade and Jingo to her approach- she ought to be close enough for the sound to carry by now.

feel free to skip me for a fews rounds~

Feb 13, 2018 11:29 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Jingo Stormcrow fenshae

“Yeah. Um. Man. Shit. Sorry it’s taken so long. Life got….real, real weird there for a bit.”

Jingo explained, apologetic smile quirking his maw at the approach of the dark male. He looked roughly as miserable as he had the last time they’d spoken—better in some ways, maybe, worse in others—and his gut twisted in guilt because the reason he had taken so long was…an unnecessary cruelty to a wolf like Shade.

What a life. What a damn life.

He was debating whether or not to try to explain now, or wait til later, when he heard Athena’s call.

Phew. That was a relief. He could let her know where they were headed and then just get on the road. Perfect.

He barked back an acknowledgment, then turned back to Shade.

“How, um…how’s things?”

Feb 14, 2018 12:54 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Shade Dingo

Jingo seemed pretty shaken up over something. The wolf was always a little odd but this was totally different. He was going to question, but Athena’s bark intercepted. Maybe he wouldn’t be so weird this time around. He turned back to Jingo, ready to ask, but was beaten to the punch.

“I don’t know anymore.”

Sometimes better than others, other times much worse than before. A new lifestyle, really. A pinwheel for a bad time.

Jingo could probably gather that much.

“Is everything alright?”

Feb 14, 2018 01:59 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Jingo Stormcrow fenshae

Man, weren’t they quite the hopeless pair.

“It’s…yeah. I mean, I’m fine. It’s kind of a long story,” he hedged, in part because he knew Athena would be coming and he kind of didn’t want to tell the whole thing to her too. This was going to be a difficult enough change in circumstance to contemplate without added packmate baggage on top of it.

Also, he figured, Shade might react badly. And he owed it to the dark-furred guy to let him have whatever reaction he was going to have in an area that was pretty much private, so he wouldn’t be embarrassed. That’s what Jingo would want in his situation, anyway.

“Anyway, I figure, we’ll see what Athena needs, and let her know where we’re headed, and then we can get going. The girls said they’d be up at the lake north of here, or the mountains past that.”

Feb 14, 2018 09:13 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Shade Dingo

”It’s fine, you can tell me later.” He tagged a smile (a bad one) to that. No need to push Jingo to say anything.

Jingo mentioned something about a lake and mountains, which lead Shade to immediately think of the spring. Part of him wanted to go there and see that older wolf again.. but that was the opposite direction.

Besides. Seeing the old wolf would probably just upset him more. 

Which girls?”

That part confused him.

[do you want to wait on Wynter?]

Feb 14, 2018 09:49 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Athena Stormborn Wynter

She could hear snippets of their conversation as she approached, covering the distance as quickly as she could without breaking into a flat-out run. Eventually, she was close enough to speak.

Hello, you two,” she said amicably enough, voice raised a bit to cover the bit of distance still between them. Her expression was more or elss pleasant as she approached, her smile expressed more in her eyes. Her gaze flitted over to Shade. She wasn’t sure if he looked much better than the last time she’d seen him.

How are you?” she included both of them in the question for the sake of politeness, glancing once at Jingo, but her gaze settled on Shade.

Feb 14, 2018 10:05 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Jingo Stormcrow fenshae

“Maeve and Maiike,” Jingo replied, confused about Shade’s confusion about what they were doing. He had told him that, right? Had Jingo been so distracted that he’d forgotten to explain where they were going, or had Shade been so distracted he hadn’t really paid attention? Crap. Now Jingo couldn’t really remember either.

What a mess these two were.

At least Athena was here. Jingo’s tail gave a wave of recognition as he nodded.

“Hey, Athena.” She looked at them, and the look she cast Shade suggested to Jingo that she knew something of what was going on with him, or at least had reason to be worried. That was heartening; it was comforting to know he wasn’t the only one keeping an eye out on his troubled packmate. Even if he wasn’t great at it. “We were just finishing up making some plans. I was going to take Shade north and catch up with Maeve and Maiike again. I don’t know if you heard, but Tita is missing, and I don’t think the girls want to come back here until they find her, so….I wanted to keep an eye on them. And Shade said he wanted to come, too.”

There. Now she was all caught up.

Feb 16, 2018 01:31 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Shade Dingo

”Right, you mentioned that. I’m sorry.”

His attention to details (and everything else) wasn’t too great at the time. He missed that.

He found it in himself to give his tail a wag for Athena. He hadn’t noticed at first but she was literally a female Atlas. We’re they related in some way?

He nodded. ”Athena,” a short-lived smile.

Being with Jingo was great. He hardly had to say anything.

”Just need a break is all,” he tagged on. The information could matter, or it couldn’t. Who knew?

Feb 17, 2018 12:59 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.