Roleplay Forums | Map

Where the river meets the sea
FS | Sunny | Noon | AW

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

After having followed the river west from where it forked, it had wound north and south again, eventually dumping into the bay that stretched out before her. Squinting against the sun’s glare, across the distance she could catch the dark shape that was the far side. It looked like there were more trees around that direction. That seemed like the forest the other woman had mentioned, but Larisa didn’t feel any compulsion to go find the pack that lived there.

The rain had let up after a few days of wet weather while she had traveled. She’d smelled few wolves along the course of the river, but she had managed to catch a few fish when she found shallow points and could just scoop them out of the water. If nothing else, this valley was abundant with prey that a lone wolf could catch. Perhaps it was not a terrible place. Though, while it was summer now, the year would soon turn over, growing cold and eventually snowy again. Larisa loathed the idea of spending another entire winter alone, or fighting with mangy mutts for a meal and shelter.

She leaned back onto her haunches with a yawn, contemplating the large bay before her and what her strategy for the year ought to be. She could find a pack. As disgruntled as she was by the idea, it would mean food and shelter. How would she ever find something that lived up to her standards though? No doubt anything she found would be some amalgamation of poorly bred losers who were only living together because they couldn’t survive on her own.

Maybe there were a few worthy wolves in this valley. She’d didn’t think she’d find even any distant relatives here to truly feel like those around her were worthy, but maybe she could find someone tolerable. A few wolves that held the same ideas. If they all came from great families - even families that were not her own - perhaps that would do. She could try that at least, try to find someone who she might grow to consider a tolerable partner for the winter.

Feb 10, 2018 11:14 AM

[ ignore ]
Haddon is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Haddon Kam

(I don’t think we’ve RPed before! :D)

Haddon had been traveling for a good few days—perhaps even a week—but eventually, he’d managed to reach the northern part of the valley and cross the uncomfortably moist and muddy wetland.

The man carried himself leisurely, alabaster tail swishing against his hocks casually as he let his pale gaze wander over the open expanse. The scents of other wolves were always present and, as usual, today was no exception, but being who he was, he chose not to let himself be intrigued by such things.

However.. then again, he had nothing better to do at the moment other than continue walking until he hit a dead end and was forced to change course. The aroma of another wolf was most definitely in the air and loosely, very very loosely, he chose to let his nose guide him. The scent was definitely female, to his disappointment, but it never hurt to exchange a few words—even if they were shallow.

About 2 or so rounds away!

Feb 10, 2018 12:47 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(I don’t think we have either :D )

Larisa stretched her front paws out in front of her, rolling her shoulders as she relaxed down until she was laying properly. The sun baked the fur at the spine of her back, but it was on days like this she was quite glad for a light colored coat. No doubt her oldest and darkest brother would have found it intolerable to sit in the sun like this.

The wind blew off the bay up towards her, carrying the fishy, salty scent of the ocean. She’d seen the ocean before as a younger wolf, and while a pretty view again today, she didn’t care too much what the places she visited were like - so long as they provided for her while she was there.

How was she to go about finding a more permanent home again, or finding at least one tolerable wolf to spend some time around. She did not innately hate strangers, but the last year had proved that plenty of them were uncivilized wretches that didn’t deserve a moment of her time. Worse were those who tried to take advantage of her in any way. She shook her head before she started down the path of remembering some of the disgusting wolves she had met the winter prior.

Perhaps she would linger around the river for a while. It was well stocked with fish for her, and she might as well enjoy the warm summer weather while she could.

Feb 10, 2018 01:31 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Haddon Kam

His mind kept buzzing as he moved through the underbrush, the sun on his back making him feel grateful for not being graced with a pitch black coat. But, then again, how on earth could he be as ‘unlucky’, if you will?

His mother was as stark as the snow and his father.. well. Lilith always told him he had his eyes, but she never dared speak his name, chose to always evade the question. As little Haddon grew, though, what was once mere curiosity had hurt him on more than one level.

He didn’t know his origins.

Had never met his father.

A downward twitch of his lips threatened to distort his features, but the movement was halted when movement danced in his pale, crystal colored eyes. The dame. Pale ears perked against his head and his body straightened out followed by a slight lift of his head.

For a brief moment, he wondered if he should announce his presence, but for now, he decided against it, finding that he still had time before he was within speaking distance.

There was no need to shout.

Feb 10, 2018 03:52 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa rolled the various ideas around in her mind. Go somewhere else, stay at the river; sniff out other wolves to meet, try to stay away from the nearby packs; focus on the summer, or think forward towards the winter weather. She flicked her tail lazily a few times, finally took in a deep breath and let it back out as a sigh.

Stretching her neck to the side, she caught a new scent on the breeze. A male, and an adult this time. She turned her head further, smelling for the stranger. She flicked her eyes up to catch sight of him. He was bigger than she was, the same matching white.

The sight of a white wolf was a familiar memory, but she certainly didn’t know this male and he wasn’t any family member of hers. She pushed herself back up so that she was sitting instead of lying down. “Were you trying to sneak up on me?” She asked with a hint of humor in her voice. She tucked her chin down to look at him further, waiting for an answer.

Striving to keep her expression neutral, she didn’t want to give away any of her emotions. She wasn’t afraid of a single male, only lunatics ran around trying to attack strangers, but she was wary of almost anyone while she was on her own.

Feb 10, 2018 04:08 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Haddon Kam

“Were you trying to sneak up on me?”

Ah. Observant.

His brows shot skyward, eyes watching her subtly as she shifted from lying down on her stomach to a sit. Her chin tucked slightly, face a porcelain facade. Kind of reminded him of his mother—save for the eyes. “On the contrary,” a single breath chuffed out of his lips, the faintest upward twitch of his lips signifying his amusement.

“Shouting would most likely startle you—and startling someone was not, nor is my intention.” A simple explanation, his expression fading to that of a completely emotionless statue. A couple of steps were taken towards her, daring close the distance further, but he drew to a halt eventually, his tail flicking against his hocks.

He appeared amicable enough, pale eyes breaking away from the woman to observe the scenery that unfolded before him.

Feb 10, 2018 04:20 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He spoke and then slowed to a spot, keeping a polite distance between them. “A gentleman,” she joked lightly at him again, seeing his own amusement. She was glad he hadn’t shouted at her, it probably would have startled her.

She let her tail swish, a hint of nervousness still at the presence of a larger, strange wolf. She had to remind her she was a Negrescu, a Blanc. Any wolf would wish to have her family’s pedigree and breeding. She was strong and capable. She had survived a year on her own and she would survive much longer with her own wits and intelligence and charm.

“What are your intentions?” She asked with a slight rise in her eyebrows. No pack scent lingered around this place, nor anywhere she had been yet. Was he wandering the same as her?

Feb 10, 2018 04:36 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Haddon Kam

The view was most certainly beautiful, but he was forced to tear his eyes away from the waves as the woman moved from a compliment to a query. What were his intentions? He watched her for a moment, noting the slight raise of her eyebrows and offering a similar expression of his own in return.

“I am merely roaming, no responsibilities to tie me down.” He explained to her, his tone plain but smooth. “How about yourself? Because it would only be fair for him to ask a question too. Wouldn’t it now?

With the woman sat down, Haddon chose to do the same and lowered himself to a sit as well, his tail thudding against the ground lightly.

Feb 10, 2018 04:51 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus was searching. For a place, for wolves, for anything that would help him get what he wanted. Abaddon said he would support him, but still there was some small line of misunderstanding, a lack of trust, a feeling of disconnect. He didn’t want what Crixus wanted, and that.. well, it was no good. He was practically wearing a path from the wetlands and the bay, something about the general area appealing to him but not enough to select a specific spot. Not yet.

He plodded along, the sound of seabirds ringing in his ears and the sun warming his back. It reminded him somewhat of the desert, the warmth, but it was far less harsh and he found he rather enjoyed it despite himself. A breeze picked up, teased through his fur, and with it, a hint of something nearly forgotten.

He stopped, grew still. It couldn’t be, for Larisa was dead, but he could have sworn he’d scented her on the zephyr. There.. was a chance. Really. He and Abaddon had survived, after all. Was it wrong to hope? But what was the likelihood of her showing up here of all places, this spot where he had been staying for nearly a fortnight? He was certain it was only an illusion, but it wouldn’t hurt to check it out, anyway.

He turned in the direction the wind had blown from and padded that way, slowly, with dignity. If it was her, he didn’t want her to see him running along like some tongue-lolling fool.

// since he’s been in the area I figure he’d notice Larisa’s presence buuut feel free to skip him for several rounds as he takes his sweet time to arrive, i’ll just toss him in after a while.. if the thread finishes before he arrives that is also fine and will be his own fault :P

Feb 10, 2018 05:04 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Indeed, just a wanderer. She gave a congenial nod. “I too am roaming. The river brought me this way.” The male had sat.Their little big of banter had made her think she would not find him wagging his tail at her so easily, but it was not an unattractive action exactly. Her thoughts had been on finding wolves in the valley. She didn’t want to get ahead of herself here, but perhaps this was the start of something tolerable.

“Have you roamed from elsewhere in this valley, or somewhere further afield?” The woman at the river crossing had told her a fair bit about the valley, at least what was near, perhaps this male could tell her more as well.

Larisa wasn’t in any rush to take herself somewhere else. She tilted her head and considered him again. He reminded her faintly of a number of family members - white coat and light eyes. Was that why she wanted to talk to him? She couldn’t decide if it was only the familiar appearance, or if something about his demeanor actually made her think he was a worthwhile wolf.

Feb 10, 2018 06:24 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Haddon Kam

“I am too, a roamer. The river brought me this way.”

The woman… was easy to talk to, he found. She didn’t appear to be snippy or irritable, which was definitely a plus, but Haddon knew not to judge others quickly. She went on about asking him further, this time about the valley.

Had he roamed from elsewhere in this valley?

“I fear I am not familiar with this place—or at least as familiar as I would like to be, if you will.” He began, finding no reason not to tell her. He had nothing to lose here. “I entered this valley through a desert a few days’ travel from here and since then, I have been roaming—the valley has many open grasslands if you head further south.” Whether she was going to find this bit of information useful or not was beyond him, but he offered it to her anyway.

“Haddon.” Might as well introduce himself, no?

Feb 10, 2018 06:33 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She relaxed a bit, listening to him talk. He didn’t know about this valley, at least not much more than she did. A dessert and grasslands somewhere to the south, not exactly revelations, but perhaps useful to know in the future.

“I crossed the northern mountains a week ago. A woman I met told me about a few places in this valley. A place called the geysers to the south, and a forest on the other side of it. I think it’s those trees I can see from here.” She nodded out across the bay to the blur of green that was visible on the other side of the water. “The Evergreen Wolves are a pack there. She mentioned a glen further south, with a pack called the Firewing Brotherhood.” She gave the male a slight smile, passing on the information she knew as a gesture of friendliness. She wasn’t from or planning to go to either of those places all that soon, so what did it matter if she told every wolf she met about them.

“If you’re interested in finding yourself a pack to settle down with, that is.” She figured it was worth it to gauge his interest. Clearly he was not going to be a suitable companion for anything if all he wanted was to run off and join a pack of strangers.

“I’m Larisa Negrescu.” She did not expect her last name to spark any recognition, but on the off chance this was a wolf aware of who her family was, then she would share that.

Feb 10, 2018 06:48 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Haddon Kam

So, there were two packs in this valley—or at least two were the ones this woman was aware of. The Evergreen Wolves and the Firewing Brotherhood. While tempting to think about, Haddon wasn’t directly looking to join a pack; he wanted to see what this place had to offer first before making any decisions.

“Thank you for the information,” he dipped his head, returning her smile with a ghost one of his own, “but I fear I have no intentions of settling down—not yet.” Better get this out of the way, as pointless as it was.

It didn’t matter.

Larisa Negrescu.

The surname didn’t spark any recognition from his part, but it certainly rolled off the tongue smoothly. “A pleasure, Larisa Negrescu.” He returned, the dip of his head done subconsciously. His pale eyes watched hers for a moment, but he was quick to find himself seeking the waves, crystal blue observing them as they roared.

“It holds a certain charm, the ocean.”

Feb 10, 2018 06:57 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She nodded towards him in return. “Happy to be of assistance.” Of course, that only went so far as when her assistance cost her nothing and presumably gained her some goodwill on the part of the wolf she was talking to. All the same however, Haddon didn’t need to know those thoughts.

Was this feeling a little hint of pleasure at hearing he wasn’t overly interested in the packs she mentioned either? She thought it was. Perhaps this was a wolf she could put up with for a while. Now, there was a long way to go between just-learned-each-others-names acquaintances and having any semblance of a real friendship, but he wasn’t half-bad to talk to so far. Besides, she could get used to a white wolf saying her name every once in a while again.

Their conversation turned to the ocean and Larisa matched his gaze to look out at the water. It did look pleasant. Fairly gentle inside the curve of the bay. She could just see a landmass further out in the bay, an island rising out of the water. “Mmmm,” she agreed quietly, looking across the water. “Are you from a coastal home?” Perhaps she could learn more about her pleasant acquaintance.

Feb 10, 2018 07:18 PM — Post #13

Abaddon is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Abaddon Blanc Sam Staff

The ivory wolf had been trailing his brother. Casually. He was well aware that something was off between them. Now more than ever. It was fucking exhausting. As if he had enough to worry about.

The worst part was that Crixus didn’t seem to want to talk about it; whatever troubled him. He was more than willing to talk about some pack, but nothing else, it seemed. Maybe it would be best if they didn’t talk about it. Perhaps it might drive them further away from each other. Did he want that?

Abaddon contemplated distracting him somehow. Do something that wasn’t related to the family or his future pack.

“Crixus!” he barked before picking up a lope to catch up with his kin.

<hr>

Keeping it vague about how close they might be to them at this point x3

Feb 11, 2018 09:10 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

An ear flicked toward the sound of his name, and though he was intent on his course he turned toward the voice, not slowing from his walk. His brother was catching up without trouble. “Abaddon,” he said, eagerness in his tone. “Did you notice?” With his brother near, he began to pick up the pace, lengthening his stride.

He could see two wolves in the distance, white coated, but that was all for detail. “I may have only imagined..” he muttered, trying to steel himself for the disappointment if it weren’t her. But nevertheless, if it wasn’t, he needed to meet others anyway, to work on the recruitment. This would be a chance to do so.

// visible c:

Feb 11, 2018 05:11 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.