Roleplay Forums | Map

ll I’m.Home ll
[summons] Full Summer l Afternoon & Chilly l Closing in on HS Borders l Calling for Senna

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts profile

He had been gone.

Again.

He had been gone….. for far too long.

But his heart.. it had been aching.

Aching for his Senna, for his daughter.

It had been too long… far too long since last he had saw her. Had something terrible gone wrong with her meeting with the Rapist King’s Mother?? Had it been a trap? Was she ok? Was she even… alive?

All the thoughts that had been swirling in the Guardians head had been too much, the pressure, the urge to run had been building, day by day.

He had to search, he had to go look for her. Every day, his paws had taken him further away from his home, from his pack, from his family. Then, one day, it was all too much, the waiting, the yearning and so, he went. Off into the unknown, directionless, searching… seeking his Senna.

Blindly he had searched and blindly did he find his way back to the place that he had always returned to in his older years, to The Hills, to The Sanctuary.

He had come home, a failure.

He had not found his Senna and he did not know what to do.

So he slunk back to his hollow, to hide forever within it’s depths. Maybe he would dig so far down into the earth that no one would hear his screams.

Then, an inkling of hope, a scent that he had been dreaming about finding. A scent that he had not smelled in many moons, was it even real? Or was his mind playing tricks on him again, was it truly… his Senna?

Even if it was his mind, he could not help it, his head tossed back and out came such a sad sound, a desperate, pleading howl.

Feb 13, 2018 07:47 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts helper lonelythreads profile tumblr welcomeguide wikicontributor

The girl had little interest in packs. All she wanted was to know what she could about them, and then avoid them. Being surrounded by a bunch of wolves - strangers - was less than favourable.

All she wanted was to know where the pack was. Ransom had called it the Sanctuary. Sunfall’s pack. She didn’t want to see him again, either.

Following the scents was easy enough. Amelie had contemplated hunting again. She wasn’t sure if she could bring down her own rabbit just yet, but mice were easy enough. Enough of them would help - and whatever Ransom caught.

Her tongue darted out to flick at her scarred nose. It was still a strange feeling. The abnormality on her snout.

After exploring as much as she wanted to - at the edge of the boundaries - the girl turned away from the territory in search of the tiny rodents. However, she was distracted at the sound of a voice. Her gait faltered as her ear turned in the direction of the howl. Amelie could recognise the sadness. Over what, she wasn’t sure. Did she want to find out? Yes and no. No won this time. The pup began to slink off, planning on heading back toward the outcrop she had found.

Until she trod upon a fragile twig.

Snap!

She glanced back toward where she heard the stranger. Amber eyes could see ivory fur through the undergrowth. Her body was still, brain too focused on trying to calm herself rather than flee.

Nervousness was an infectious and vulnerable energy.

Feb 14, 2018 01:58 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Nanook. Could it be? The distance between the pair fell away beneath Senna’s charging paws.

It was his voice, but it didn’t sound like him, not really. The voice was too sad, too desperate, too.. something. Whatever it was, it terrified Senna, pushing her faster. Was the man who called to her the same Nanook that she had left behind so many moons ago? Was she even the same Senna?

In her haste, Senna didn’t notice the child until she was nearly on top of the pup. She hadn’t been on the lookout for someone with such a low carriage. Senna scrambled to halt before she ran into the child, fixing the girl with a rather hectic, confused look. Where had she come from? Why was she here, and not Nanook?

Her eyes were drawn to a patch of woods over the girl’s head, where an ivory-furred profile was slightly visible. The child was forgotten, and Senna raced off once more.

“Nanook!” she choked out as the man came into view. She slowed herself only barely before making contact, wanting only to bury her face in his shoulder and inhale his scent.

“I thought—I thought—” She stuttered out through tears. What had she thought? That he was angry at her for leaving the territory? ..Or worse, that it had broken his heart, like when Sienna had left Adonai.  Or that he didn’t want to live here with Senna anymore. Or even that something terrible had happened, and she never got the chance to say goodbye. What could possibly have kept him away so long?

Feb 14, 2018 07:43 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts helper lonelythreads profile tumblr welcomeguide wikicontributor

The girl had been too focused on possibly being spotted by the ivory stranger, that she had failed to notice another white creature about to trample upon her. Fortunately, they both noticed each other at the same time. Amber eyes widened a little as she stared at the she-wolf. Muscles rigid. Preparing for the worst.

Nothing happened. She was dismissed and she appreciated it; for that was all she was: a spirit that did not belong there. The girl watched the stranger move on to the one who had howled.

Not wanting to hesitate another moment, she slunk off.

<hr>

Three day skip and exit unless stopped.

Feb 17, 2018 02:24 PM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)

A sound, no, a name.

His name.

Nanook.

Someone, was calling to him.

Was it real?

Was it really his Senna? The voice, it had sounded like her, the scent that rolled in, it smelled like her and the white blur on the horizon, fast approaching, could it really… be her?

All he had to do was wait, be patience and she would have returned to him.

His worry, his fears, his doubts… they had gotten the best of him and foolishly he had left his pack, again, because of his emotions.

What a terrible Alpha he was, what a terrible Guardian.

For now, he could not think of those things though. For now, all he could focus on, was the beautiful ball of white fluff that came crashing into him. His Senna, his daughter.

The impact was something that he was not prepared for, it had all happened so fast. Her momentum knocked the wind out of the older male and he gasped, but that gasp and the deep inhale that soon followed, was like breathing in new life. Her scent filled his nose and her warmth filled his aching heart. It was her, it really was.

Nanook let his front paws give way and raised them to an awkward hug as his hind legs dug in to stop them from falling, it was a difficult task without preparation, thankfully, he was much larger then the yearling.

Her tears fell onto his dirty, mud caked coat, the sobs caused the male’s ears to drop back. “Senna…” He breathed, reminding himself to do so as he did. “I… I thought… you were gone…. I looked, but I could not find you….” His heart dropped, remembering all of the lonely nights away from his pack, his home, searching to no avail.

It was all going to ok now though right?

His Senna was back.

He was home.

Feb 17, 2018 05:19 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The shock of Nanook’s words momentarily stalled Senna’s crying. She pulled her face out of her guardian’s coat to meet his amber gaze, mouth hanging open in surprise.

Had she heard correctly? She couldn’t possibly have. Nanook thought she was gone? He went looking for her?! “B- . but..” Senna felt like her mind was frozen; she couldn’t even think enough to form a coherent sentence. Why on earth would he go looking for her? She wasn’t lost!

Senna pulled away from Nanook, backing up a pace so that she could really look him in the face. The horror of what must have happened was sinking in. No one had told Nanook where Senna went. Senna left without saying goodbye, and NOBODY had thought to tell him that she was away on Sanctuary business?!? NOBODY thought it would be a good idea to inform Nanook that his daughter was perfectly fine, and not lost, and coming back.

“How could they not have told you?!” Senna wasn’t crying any more. She was too angry. The emotion burned up her throat—it burned worse than even the crying had. “Nanook, I didn’t—I wasn’t—I wasn’t lost! I left on Sanctuary business. I was visiting the Empire with Albus, and Caspian..” She flexed her paws in anger, and her nails dug into the grass. “I can’t believe no one told you! I’m so… I’m so sorry.” How could words express the extent of her regret? She closed the small distance between herself and her guardian to embrace him again. She had known Nanook would be missing her, but never had she imagined that he was back here thinking Senna had abandoned him.

Never again would she trust someone else to deliver her goodbyes for her.

Feb 19, 2018 09:10 AM — Post #5

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)

The sudden change in demeanor within his daughter was something unexpected. His words were not very clear, not a good explanation at all to why he left The Sanctuary and sought out the whereabouts of his daughter. The clear anger and dismay in her voice caused his ears to flatten. Was she mad at him? Or others in The Sanctuary? He had indeed been told that she went away to visit Nima, The Rapist King’s Mother, but he had not known where this Nima was, nor had he known that it was such a long trip. The waiting, it had gotten to him, had been poisoning his mind, day by day. The fault here was no one else’s, but his own. He should have talked to someone, instead, he isolated himself from the pack and only had his own thoughts to listen to, which was never a good idea when he was feeling so strongly about something.

He stared at his daughter for the brief moments that she had pulled away, stared into her green apple eyes, hurt and worry and regret in his own amber orbs. If only he had been more patient, if only he had talked about his feelings to someone. If only…

There was nothing to be done about it now, expect plead for forgiveness from his family and hope that they still accepted him as their Guardian.

For those moments, he was silent and merely listened. Senna’s rage was something he was not used to and it brought back memories of the time that he had hurt her and caused this rage and here he was again, the source of her dismay. To hear her apologize to him, when she had done nothing wrong…. it broke his heart.

“Senna.. no.. I.. I’m sorry. My absence, it was no one’s fault.. but my own.” The words were hard to say, hard to admit, especially to someone so important to him. Someone who looked up to him, someone that depended one him and here he was , being weak. He needed to be strong, strong for Senna, strong for Catrine, for Sunfall, for all of those in The Sanctuary, but right now… right now he felt so weak and small.

The contact was comforting, easing his mind a bit, but he could not indulge in this feeling forever, not while Senna thought that it may be someone else’s fault to why he was not here to greet her on her return from such an important task. Time for an explanation.

“Senna, please, do not be angry at anyone, but me..” Those words, were the hardest words he would ever say.“Catrine did informed me of your mission to visit Nima, but I…. I did not take it well and I did not speak to anyone about my sorrow in hearing that you had left and that I was not there to see you off. I was… afraid..” His voice was small and for a moment, he buried his muzzle in the nape of his daughter’s neck. How embarrassing it was, to share your feelings with someone, but Senna deserved this, she deserved to know why Nanook had left. “The days after, I-I spent too much time worrying, about what might happen, about what kind of wolf this Nima was, about your journey. I didn’t know where this Empire was or how long the trip would take… After so many days had passed, the waiting it…. it got to me. I spent too much time away from the pack and it was only a matter of time before I came looking, but I did not know where to go, so I searched.. aimlessly. I am the one who is sorry, Senna.” Now it was his turn to pull back, to face her dismayed face once more. “I wanted to be here when you returned, I wanted to tell you how proud I was of you, for taking on such a serious role in this pack, you and Albus. I wanted to be the only cheering you on, but I… my mind, Senna… it is sometimes my worse enemy… I-I am sorry. Truly I am.”

The hurt, the embarrassment, the suffering that he had been going through in her absence, it all showed on his tired, mud caked face. Would she ever be able to forgive him? Would The Sanctuary forgive him? Would he ever… forgive himself?

Feb 19, 2018 09:46 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Confusion clouded the girl’s expression, but she allowed her guardian to speak, to explain. Slowly, her anger subsided as she began to understand what had occurred. Nanook had grown worried about Senna and Albus, who had been away for longer than expected, and Nanook had left the territory on his search just before Senna had returned home. She understood how it had happened, but then again.. she didn’t. If Nanook had only shared his feelings with the other Sanctuary wolves, they would have at least been able to point him in the right direction. Caspian had even accompanied the yearlings on the first leg of the mission—he would have been able to direct Nanook to exactly to point where they had split up. Instead of passing like ships in the night, Nanook could have met the yearlings on their way back home and reunited with Senna ages ago, if he had only asked his packmates where to look. If only.

“I’m not angry with you, I couldn’t be,” Senna told him, and her tone indeed matched her words. She was no longer angry, just… what was the word? Confused? Disappointed? She couldn’t understand why this had occurred, why Nanook would have felt the need to punish himself by closing himself off to the rest of the pack. “There was no reason.. I mean, I understood why you weren’t here. When I left. You were protecting the pack from thieves.” Nanook’s absence from Senna’s departure was understandable, but what was confusing was why he had allowed his worry to consume him and drive him away from his duties here.

And suddenly, she did understand. Nanook hadn’t confided in anyone because he had no one to confide in, with Senna away and with Adonai gone. “I understand,” she told him, voice muffled by his fur. “Was it.. was some of that feeling.. because of Adonai, do you think?” Senna asked, tilting her muzzle so that her words were more intelligible. Without his trusted adviser, she could see how the Guardian might become a little lost. She could see how he might feel isolated enough to drift away. “I miss him too.”

Feb 19, 2018 02:55 PM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)

His mind, it was not always the most logical thing. He had come to find this out in his many years of living and unfortunately, it was hard to break such programming. All he could do was try his hardest to keep himself together when his mind turned to unwanted things, but sometimes, he failed.

This had been one of those times, but how, how could he have abandoned everyone? How did he keep messing up? Again and again?

The thieves… even though he felt as though he had done good in chasing them off and putting faces to scents, he had also become blind with rage and other unwanted things that he was ashamed of. He had left his pack here too and had missed seeing Senna off on her first mission as a Seeker of the Sanctuary. If he would have remained in control, like he had been doing for so long now, like he had thought he was now good at doing, none of this would have happened.

Adonai… there was no saving him. Nanook had pondered over so many herbs and plants, wondering if he could remember anything being said about their usefulness towards… anything. At times he could recall a vague fact or two, but those times were not many. He had hoped that there was something of use to help Adonai, to cure him of whatever aliment had taken him.

Nanook had tried, but he had failed. Death had come for Adonai, no matter anyone’s efforts in trying to save him. Now, he was not so naive in the ways of wolves and the world that he did not understand the concept of death and that it was inevitable. He had seen it many times, through the prey that he had caught over the years. It was a sight that he had saw over and over again, it was the life of a predator, to see so much death. However, to witness that event, in front of your eyes, to someone you knew. It was strange. There were things attached to it. Things that hurt now and Nanook was just trying to manage under the weight of it all.

“I-” His voice broke, he had never lost someone before, not that he could remember. He had only ever lost his early memories, but that had been so long ago, that that hardly mattered anymore. He had a new life, away from those memories. He had created new ones, with those that he cherished and even loved. “I have never lost someone so close before Senna.. it.. is a strange feeling.”

It was all too much, he supposed. There were so many thoughts, swirling through his head, he had become dizzy from it all. Senna had gone, Adonai was dead and everyone else was busy with puppies. No one wanted to hear the whining of an old man. So he kept silent and did his duties as Guardian as best he could, quietly and away from the pack.

He had made a mess of things.

He felt…. pathetic.

There was a bout of silence before the wolf spoke, a heavy sigh escaping his tight mouth as he thought, mind buzzing. He had been holding his breath. “I try to stay strong Senna, but I… I am weaker than I’d like to admit at times.” He felt so vulnerable, so raw, like a feather could damage his skin like claws.

Feb 19, 2018 06:18 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The pain in Nanook’s voice spoke volumes to Senna. She leaned into him, embracing him tighter until he was able to get his words out. Senna was somewhat surprised to hear that Nanook had never lost someone close to him, old as he was (or as he seemed to Senna).  Having been raised in Eiriol Pass, she had learned from a very young age that death was frequent, constant, and imminent in the life of a pack wolf. Perhaps Nanook had been a rogue most of his life? But no, that couldn’t be right… he had been a part of the Sanctuary ages ago. Senna had never asked about what the Sanctuary had been like then. She had never asked much of anything about Nanook’s past.

A lapse of silence had fallen over the pair as they both mulled over their thoughts. Senna’s ears perked up as Nanook let out a long breath and spoke again.

He said he felt weak. Senna didn’t know what to tell him… she felt that way too, all the time. She was constantly having to apologize for whatever stupid thing she had said or done in a moment of weakness, and then work extra hard to make up for it. She nuzzled into Nanook’s shoulder, and pressed against him like this she felt a little less weak. Maybe Nanook felt the same. Maybe they could share each other’s strength. She tilted her muzzle to the side so that her cheek was still pressed against Nanook, but her mouth was free to speak. “One raindrop alone is very weak. But lots of raindrops together make a river.”

Goodness, that was sagely. Perhaps Adonai had chosen that moment to speak through her, adding his strength to Nanook’s and Senna’s. It was another reminder that they were never alone. Together, they would be a river.

Feb 24, 2018 11:53 AM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)

Nanook had come to greatly appreciate the comfort of others, the contact meant so much that he now often times wondered how he had gone so long without it. Without the comfort, without the company, without the meaning. How had he done it? How had he gone so long just… existing?

How pathetic, yet relieved he felt in this moment. The pain and humiliation of failure felt like a gaping wound, aching with each breath of wind that passed by it. Yet Senna, her comfort, her forgiveness… it soothed some of that ache, like a healing light.

In this moment, he was also… confused. He did not know what to do from here on. He had surely thought that he would not have been forgiven so easily, but this was Senna, his perfect, kind daughter. With so much love and forgiveness and understanding that it did not matter how much bad there was in the world, her light, her brightness would shine through it all.

He hoped that the others would be as kind as her, even though he felt that he deserved no such light, no such brightness. He had made a mess of things after all, hadn’t he? He deserved to be punished, right? Scolded, yes? He didn’t know anymore.

As the two sat there, in silence, he wondered, how things seemed to turn out ok, even though his mind was telling him that it would be the opposite. How was it all ok? How was Senna here now, without harm? Even though his mind had thought of a hundred terrible things regarding her life and safety, how? How was Senna able to forgive him so easily, when clearly he had messed up?

Nanook thought and thought, making himself tired over the whole thing. He just wanted to not think for awhile, but that was a hard task to accomplish and with so much to think about right now, damn near impossible. So, he remained quiet and thought and listened, his mouth pulling at the corners into a genuine smile, despite his internal feelings. My, my, how his little Senna had grown in such a short time.

The Guardian had never thought that he would find someone that had made him feel so… good, so… wanted and with purpose. Someone that made him want to do better, to be better, to keep going even though at times he wanted to run. Senna was that someone and in this moment, he thanked whatever force had brought them together.

“Thank you, Senna.”

Mar 01, 2018 09:01 PM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.