Roleplay Forums | Map

Turning the Heap
Full Summer | Riverside Hollow | cool and cloudy, rain on the horizon | sniffing out Akira

Name Player
Thrush Bamsy

Sikozu had insisted that she be the one to break the news to her daughter.  Nettle took her at her word, but decided to poke around at Akira’s frame of mind anyway.  Easier to hate a wicked aunt than a wicked mother, she thought.  And perhaps Nettle’s hard edges were better suited to guiding a strident child such as her.

There was rain on the air, a blackening sky out to the west and a certain expectant quiet from the birds who usually scrapped for territory in the trees and field.  At the very least she would need to be reminded to come in from the wet.  With the same cool patience she had practiced, tried to practice ever since the spring, she followed scent trails out from the patch of ground where the family nested.

It was good to smell other puppy tracks tracing over theirs.  Good to be somewhere healthy.

Feb 14, 2018 12:36 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Cassian Dingo

It would be not to speak to her if she was going to be hanging around for a bit. He promised himself when he got a free minute he would. Unfortunately, or possibly fortunately. free minutes were rare and only growing more so. It was now or sometime later, which he couldn’t guarantee.

She didn’t look all that much different than she did at the kingdom and her scent was easy to recognize, so he had no problem tracking her down.

He followed tracked her close by.

//On his lil way.

Feb 14, 2018 01:02 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Thrush Bamsy

Mostly due to the quiet, with help from the low-grade paranoia she had carried with her for years, Nettle eventually picked up on the adult’s presence.  She paused, turning to have a look at him.

He was familiar.

He had visited the Butte once, perhaps in winter.  A dandelion-headed boy who she had urged north to friendlier pastures.  And he had made it, apparently; what was his name?  All she could think of was Caspian.

She put on a cautious smile.  “So you made it up here.  And you stayed.”

Feb 14, 2018 07:10 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Cassian Dingo

He let his thin tail sway. Nettle didn’t look all that much different. He could tell she wasn’t as uptight as she had been at The Kingdom. Probably due to the fact that Elliot wasn’t looming about.

”Indeed. Thanks for the directions.”

He returned her smile.

He tried to think of something else to say.

”Are you doing alright here?”

Feb 14, 2018 09:19 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Thrush Bamsy

A personal question, and she was never good at fielding those.  Her gaze wandered nervously for a moment as she worked her way through it.  “It’s a big improvement,” she responded at last, and this was said with a genuine smile.  “We had been dealing with chaos for a long time.  It’s a relief to be somewhere calm and ordered.”

Small talk…when was the last time she’d had to put up with small talk.  “There were, ah…there was a lot going on when I arrived here.  Would you be able to tell me how many wolves are here?  Or who the leader is?  I was told it isn’t Catrine.”

Feb 15, 2018 03:40 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Cassian Dingo

It was a surprise to hear the Kingdom wasn’t ordered. He figured it would’ve been too ordered. Like, annoyingly ordered.

So that was new information to him.

”I don’t think he likes the title leader, but Nanook is who you’re wondering about. I haven’t seen him around lately. He tends to wander.. I think there’s about eleven of twelve of us here as of now.”

He might’ve miscounted. Wolves were constantly in and out of the territory.

Feb 15, 2018 09:18 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Akira Nesryn-Daniels Carra

Akira was frustrated. Angry would have been taking the term too far, but restless was another great explanation. The headstrong girl was out of her element, clearly, and ready to go home. She liked being big and strong with her father, and learning about the other pups. She was the oldest there, but small so she had to know them she was mighty. Akira was quickly growing tired of waiting for her mother to finish adult stuff. She had thought it would be fun, but she missed her father.

A sigh brushed past her lips as she made her way back towards their home base. Mom had said that it was where they were supposed to sleep and meet up while they were here. Her eyes were cast down as she continued to huff slightly to herself, especially because the rain was driving her away from her own adventure, when she saw a familiar female talking to an unfamiliar male.

That was her cue!

She galloped over, letting her growing legs carry her and brushed against Nettle with a smile before looking towards the new male. “Hi, I’m Akira.” she said boldly, before looking at her aunt with a smile. The day had gotten a little better.

Feb 15, 2018 09:41 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Thrush Bamsy

Eleven or twelve.  Despite knowing better, the number made her feel safe.  She nodded, an uncertain little breath held in her mouth as she tried to construct an adequate response.

Instead, Akira rescued her, and again she felt a silly gasp of relief.  Among other things, a child could be counted upon to generate endless small talk.  Also, he would have to give his name.  She smiled down at the fuzzy head, and added on.

“Sikozu’s oldest, bravest and smartest daughter.”  Her eyes at Cassian said this was also her only daughter, and Akira would either catch it or she wouldn’t.  The good news was that she was interacting with the pack and not sulking in a hole somewhere.

Yet.

Feb 16, 2018 03:17 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Cassian Dingo

The pup showed up before Nettle said anything else. He recognized her to be one of the two that were with Sikozu, and Nettle confirmed he was right.

Akira was her name. He liked it.

Apparently she was the cream of the crop, too.

”Nice to meet you. I’m Cassian, herbalist of this here pack. Are you liking it here, Akira?”

The sickening thought of Elliot appeared, but it was brief. If that wolf did anything to hurt these children..

Feb 16, 2018 07:16 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Akira Nesryn-Daniels Carra

Aunt Nettle said she was the oldest, bravest, and smartest!! Her nose wrinkled as she smiled up giddly, soaking in the praise. It didn’t matter that she was the only girl, she’d missed that part because she felt special. Today really was getting better! Tail wagging behind her, she gazed back at the stranger.

That’s what my Mom does! She said we had to go on an adventure so she could get some special plants.” Gone were her thoughts of how much it sucked, she wanted him to know she knew all about adult stuff! “I miss my home. I hope we get to go back soon.” He asked, okay?

Feb 16, 2018 10:36 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Thrush Bamsy

Cassian.  Well, no wonder she’d forgotten that one.  And he was an herbalist, so perhaps they would see a lot of each other.  Herb gathering kept her busy, anyway, as an alternative to hunting small game.

She was happy to have Akira talking, bright and happy, but the issue of the day was bound to rear its head.  Hopefully Dandelion had more sense than she remembered, or that conversation was about to go worse than she imagined.  “You have been adapting so well, Akira.  We’ve had a big change this season.  And we’ll talk about home together soon, after we finish speaking to Mister Cassian if you like.”

Her eyes rose back to the male, weary-looking.  “I’m no herbalist, but I’ve helped her mother with gathering and storing herbs.  If you ever need an assistant, you’re free to ask.”

Feb 17, 2018 03:24 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Cassian Dingo

Why would she want to go back? It sounded awful. Hmm.

There were way more healers than he thought he’d ever meet. Even Nettle collected. Maybe they could exchange knowledge. He was always down to learn more.

“Well, Akira, I hope we make it enjoyable until then.”

He was always down for assistance. He didn’t have much of that currently..

“Nettle, that would be awesome. It seems my herbs are constantly running empty. With a wolf like Sunfall around I guess that’s normal. I’ll let you know when I’m heading out again. A second mouth to carry the stuff could help immensely.”

He hoped his wagging tail conveyed his excitement.

Feb 17, 2018 04:17 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.