Roleplay Forums | Map

We Run to the End of Bleak Tomorrows
[summons] Early Full Summer | About 3 days after "If You Want Something Done Right" | Summoning all troops for role-call

Nima is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

It would be over soon.

She comforted herself with that knowledge. Whatever happened next, it would be over soon. There was no path out from here that did not bring a resolution of some kind.

Perhaps Elliot would die. Perhaps, somehow, she would die. Either way: It would be over.

Perhaps Elliot would have heeded her warning. Perhaps he would have fled. She did not imagine he would get far if he did. Not in this valley.

But she had done her part. No one could fault her for assembling an army that didn’t get here in time.

They were the cowards who had lived beside him for a year now without making a move. It was not her problem. That was what she promised to herself. As soon as this business was over—whatever happened—she would venture back into her mountain, cloister herself close in her cave, and spend the last of her years raising her pups and leading her pack. She would not come back to this godforsaken valley. She would not think again of her firstborn, her son, her sweet boy who had gone so very wrong.

She told herself this, again and again. She chanted it in her mind, a mantra that she needed desperately to believe.

It would be over soon. There would be closure. This whole awful sordid thing would be behind her. There was still a shining, singular path ahead of her toward redemption.

Just a little bit longer, old lady.

The Empress climbed the slope of the stone hills, struggling against the mud and loose stones from the rains. It was not the powerful and unyielding stone of the mountain she had claimed for herself. But it would do.

It would be over soon.

Throwing her head back, the Empress called a long, loud howl, followed by two shorter barks and another, shorter howl. A signal. A summons for whomever would be here to follow her this far.

You’re surrounded, Elliot.

You should have listened to your mother.

Look what you made me do.

((Since this could get massive, I’ll say now: open posting order, just reply where it makes sense and don’t leave anybody behind. If a fight breaks out in this thread, we’ll re-assess the posting order at that point. Sound good?))

Feb 17, 2018 07:09 PM

[ ignore ]
Sunfall is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Sunfall was close by, checking out scents and trying to learn if there was any more recruits that might have joined the wrong side-  that was, Elliot’s. If they were walking into an ambush, he wanted to know about it. But the place seemed pretty deserted apart from a few rogue scents passing by.

Sunfall spotted Nima scaling a hill and released a replying howl of his own. No point in hiding - there was no cover here anyway apart from the hills themselves, no undergrowth or trees. If Elliot ran from them, he would be chased, and a guy traveling with five pups wouldn’t get far fast. Hopefully they could sort all this quickly. He wanted to be back with his own family.

“Nima.” He called out, following her up the hill with just as much caution. Urgh, too much mud. His forepaws were covered up to his ankles by now. Damn Elliot for having his stupid Kingdom here.

He glanced around as he climbed, curious to see her other forces. He didn’t intend to take Elliot on himself, that was for sure, though he had no problems being the one who killed him.

((agree I am cool with no posting order unless fight breaks out in which case we would need one :) ))

Feb 17, 2018 08:23 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Harlow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Harlow Gail Bamsy

The call made the fur on her back rise.

She was here.  Not a great distance from Nima, in fact, as if even a moment of lapsed vigilance might end in Nima slipping away again, gone to conquer other worlds.

The peppered white wolf trotted near, but not presumptuously so.  The faithful guard dog, the veteran soldier.  Her heart was beginning to thump fast, but she would need to warm up.  The recent rains had her feeling rheumy, and it would take some sparring to return to fighting ready.

Feb 18, 2018 04:18 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Cassian Dingo
Achievements (?)
1year 100posts 250posts helper profile wikicontributor

He was glad he could come along. Seeing Elliot die probably wouldn’t be something he participated in. He didn’t care for that. But having him gone would be a monstrous relief.

There were a few plants he took note of in case things went south. He’d at the very least remember their general location.

He wasn’t too far behind his golden pack mate, just a few steps.

The howl caught his attention. Was that the wolf Nima that Catrine mentioned? Must have been.

He followed Sunfall.

Feb 18, 2018 06:54 AM — Post #3

June is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
June Bug Dingo

She didn’t rest often, and she wasn’t doing it now. She was actually standing, eyeing a snail. The same snail she’d been eyeing for a while. It had a pretty shell.

She could technically eat it if she wanted. She wondered if the snail knew that. If it knew that, would it realize she was showing it mercy in not doing so? Maybe it would see her as a friend. She saw it as a friend, of course.

Where has Harlow gone off to? Towards that howl? Nima’s howl? Oh!

June shot toward Harlow. Her heartbeat rose from a spike in nervousness. Nima promised she’d be safe!

[This is the first thread I’ve played two characters in, lol! Gonna be weeeird.]

Feb 18, 2018 05:55 PM — Post #4

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Nima had told them when it would happen.

She found herself unable to resist - unable to sit out and sit aside. Perhaps it wasn’t her place to want this, but since the name and the crimes had left Natasha’s mouth, Effie knew in her gut that she would be part the tyrant’s demise. No matter how little or how much she participated, she would be there. She would see him fall - see him answer for the terrible deeds he’d done.

And so she was.

It was Nima’s call, her signal, that allowed Effie to pinpoint the location exactly, and she veered, readjusting her course. She could see Nima now, as well as several other wolves.

She remained outwardly composed, but excitement buzzed pleasantly through Effie. She woof’d out a quick call of her own, an announcement to Nima, to all, that she was here. She would speak when she closed the distance.

Feb 18, 2018 06:56 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

Wolves came.

From her higher vantage point, she watched as they began to appear, counting off. Harlow and June, of course—she knew they could be counted on, having spent the night near their company already. There was Sunfall, and a male she did not recognize.

Then the older wolf from the Brotherhood—Nima was blanking on her name.

Scotch hadn’t arrived yet, she noted, but then, when had Scotch ever been on time for anything.

She wasn’t certain if the mute would have been able to return from her journey to the Rangers, or Natasha for that matter; having never been to the coast, Nima wasn’t sure on the travel time between them. But no matter.

It would not be so terrible for the Rangers to arrive late. There would be many pups to wrangle, and the Sanctuary had not seemed unequivocally approving of her desire to take them herself. Perhaps it would not be a bad thing to conscript help from Bucky’s do-gooders in that regard.

But. She mustn’t get ahead of herself.

“Sunfall. You brought a friend,” she acknowledged, a soft smile upon her maw as she nodded to the male and glanced between him and the stranger. She jerked her head back to the nearby girls. “These are Harlow and June.”

She would wait on the other female, hoping perhaps she would introduce herself and save Nima the embarrassment of forgetting her name.

Feb 18, 2018 07:21 PM — Post #6

Scotch is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Yes, Scotch was indeed taking his time. He was obviously not going to rush over given the distance he had to go through. Nima was definitely very excited to get things started. He wondered what kind of force she managed to gather while he was at the Brotherhood. Her calls for some strange reason always had something interesting he could learn of.

There was one issue with the call, there’s no way Elliot didn’t hear that. So whatever plan Nima had right now it needed to be executed right away. Scotch entered the scene casually as usual. Their numbers were good enough to take down Elliot but things may get evenly matched if he has followers.

Unfortunately there were a few wolves that probably could join if she had waited a bit longer. Waiting was no longer possible though. Standing around to talk the plan out was not exactly possible at all either. Elliot could be trying to escape right this moment. Then again, he would be an even greater monster to abandon all his kids.

“Scotch here.” He called out as he actually started walking pass the whole group. “Lets get started right away before Elliot gets the chance to react to that howl.” It was a suggestion really but Scotch was already on a slow hunting pace instead of standing around.

Feb 19, 2018 05:13 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Sunfall reached Nima and the assorted gaggle and nodded as Cassian with all the pride of a new father introduce pups to his pack. “Not just any friend. This here is the best healer around, everybody meet Cassian.” No need to point out he was Sunfall. They’d all be able to guess that. But when Effie approached, he damn well recognized the pack scent, though not the girl herself. His odd eyes narrowed. “Truce, Brotherhood wolf. You might not like that I’m here but we set aside our grudges to kill this rapist, yeah?” He checked.

A new guy sauntering up and… not stopping caught his attention. He seemed ready to launch right into action.

“Uh, Scotch, simmer down man. I’m a damn fine tracker.” Translation: I’m an an okay tracker. “You reckon we should have a plan before we waltz on in there?” he asked, trying not to roll his eyes. What did this guy think he was, Nima’s general? What a moron. “Elliot ain’t gonna hear a howl at the borders and think ‘huh, that’s an assassination group coming for me.’ Now, I’ll need at least two working with me if I’m the one who’s gotta kill Elliot.” He didn’t care what the rest did; controlled wild kids or fought Elliot’s last loyal female. “That’ll ensure a quick clean takedown.” So he could go home already.

Feb 19, 2018 05:54 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

(Adding a response to Sunfall)

Scotch slowed even more and shrugged as he turned his head towards the tracker. “There’s a connection between the one who howled and our target. There’s a chance he could figure it out, even if unlikely.” Scotch didn’t really know how well aware Elliot was of Nima’s intentions but it was best to not take any chances in something so dangerous.

He continued “If you wish to lead the way I’m with you tracker.” There was more to say and suggest but he should probably give the others a chance to react.

Feb 19, 2018 06:38 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

A healer. That was good thinking, actually. She hadn’t expected that kind of foresight from Sunfall.

Scotch spoke, and she shot him an irritable look before addressing the assembled group of warriors.

”Elliot has long abandoned these hills in favor of a cave just at the edge of the glen.” she nodded in its direction. ”The river flows through it, but as far as I know there’s only one usable entrance and exit.”

A moment of pause.

”If he is close enough to hear, he may come to see me. All the better. It’s an advantage to draw him out. If he tries to run, well…I don’t imsgine he’ll get far with five pups in tow.”

And if he abandoned the pups to make a break of it on his own? Well, that wasn’t so bad for her, now was it?

”He has one follower, Manson. I hope she will see reason and surrender him. Otherwise, we have at most two wolves to contend with.”

Feb 19, 2018 08:44 AM — Post #10

Harlow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Harlow Gail Bamsy

June Bug came along to Harlow, which was fine enough - she felt responsible for the pup, and Harlow was a good wolf to have looking after you.  She glanced down at her small friend with a gentle look meant to communicate all this, but which at the very least might get across: hello, good thing.

Other wolves came too, and she tracked them all: two fighters from the glen, and a hillside wolf endorsed by Sunfall.  What luck, that they would have a healer.  Even greater luck if there were more bodies around to help afterward - June Bug, for instance, had no business fighting a wolf as large as Elliot.

Then, Scotch.

Giving commands to all of them, undermining Nima’s ordering of the whole event.  Her face went hard and forbidding, a nonsensical jumbling of words trying to order themselves even as Sunfall reacted against his energy similarly.  But of course Nima was able to sweep it all in.

Show her respect, Scotch.  Fall in line.  And Sunfall too, apparently.  She hunkered with displeasure.  Nima’s picture unfolded a little for them, and a worry that had been plucking at her was voiced quietly, hard for any but Nima and nearby June to pick up.  “What if he hide in pups?”

It wasn’t exactly that she thought he would.  Only that she didn’t feel sure he wouldn’t.

Feb 19, 2018 09:28 AM — Post #11

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

There were many wolves here she didn’t know, but names were being thrown around as she neared, slowing to a stop as she joined the group. Nima and Scotch she knew well enough, but there were many other names to remember.

Scotch moved through the little gathering, closer to Nima, barking out his own orders. She blinked, turned her gaze towards Nima instead. If anyone was leading this thing, It was Nima. She remembered his attitude back at the falls - how he’d dozed off in the middle of a conversation. Impertinent, at the very least. She wondered how Nima had ended up with a companion like him - she at least seemed well-mannered and well-raised.

Her attention turned momentarily to the bright guy, Sunfall she thought, dipping her head. She knew nothing of him or his pack, so it was only proper that she accept his truce. She would remember to ask about Sunfall later, however - her curiosity had been piqued. “Effie,” She stated. “I have no quarrels with you or yours. I’m here for the same reasons you are.

His introduction of his friend had her gaze focusing behind Sunfall, on the one called Cassian. A healer, Sunfall said, apparently the best around. She stored that little tidbit of information away. Perhaps when things weren’t as dire as they were now, she could speak to him about locations of some of the more hard to find herbs in the valley. It’d be wise to befriend someone who lived here who might know hard to find spots where less common plants grew. She switched her gaze away, back towards Nima, listening as she addressed them.

There were things she was keeping to herself, Effie thought. She seemed to know quite a lot about this Elliot, maybe more than most, but Effie wasn’t sure why. Perhaps she had been gathering information for some time - but then why wait so long to strike? It sounded like this guy had been a problem for a long while, but action was only being taken now. It was frustrating.

Nima mentioned pups and a woman that might accompany Elliot and that gave Effie pause. She hadn’t been aware puppies might be at risk in this whole thing(but she should have expected it, what with the rumors surrounding Elliot). “If Elliot dies, what of the pups?” Especially if this Manson didn’t give Elliot up so easily - would they kill her too? She didn’t want to see any children orphaned, but Elliot had to be dealt with.

Feb 19, 2018 10:33 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae

Pups. Everyone wanted to know what to do about the pups.

If the cowards had acted earlier, this would not have been so difficult. If they had struck when they were infants, before they would remember.

Frustration bristled, but she struggled to keep it down. It was not the fault of these recruits, and besides. She was in no position to be alienating her companions, not at this dire hour.

“Here is the plan,” she began, wearily, pressing on with her explanation as a way to avoid answering questions. “Harlow and I will go down first and scout. I intend to draw Elliot out away from the pups.”

Barring that, kidnapping a pup or two for leverage was always an option.

“I would recommend lying in wait nearby, taking advantage of the cover in the glen, until you hear my signal for the ambush.”

If Manson chose to surrender Elliot, this would go smoothly. She could protect the pups herself. If not, well…Nima would have some traumatized pups to contend with.

“My hope is to take the pups into my own care. But there is a chance they will not cooperate, depending on how things go with their father. As a fail stop…there is another pack that has been informed, the Rangers. If nothing else, perhaps they will arrive in time to tend to the pups. Regardless, I will see them cared for by someone.”

Was that clear?

Feb 19, 2018 12:02 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff

Sunfall didn’t budge.

“Let’s get one thing straight Scotch. I didn’t come here to lead anyone. I’m here to off one rapist asshole and go home. Far as I’m concern, Nima’s the one I’m listening to here.” He nodded to the older lady firmly.

He then nodded at Effie, though he didn’t smile. “Glad to hear it. Truce it is.” He hoped Nima had kept his name out of things until now, so the Brotherhood weren’t able to come up with some plan to take revenge for Jeremy or anything.

Fuck that idiot Klass and his stupid stuck-up mate who ruined everything.

The pups got sorted, and he wondered where he’d heard the name Rangers. Oh yeah - Kaete, the hot chick with the eyes like his. Sunfall didn’t really care about where the pups went.

“No worries Nima, lying in wait it is. So, I got any volunteers to fight with me against Elliot when it comes to that?” He wanted to know who had his back in this. Aside from Cassian of course, and his favourite herbboy wasn’t much of a fighter.

Feb 19, 2018 03:43 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Scotch took a deep breath once he stopped moving. How exhausting to look at all those wolves behind him. Was there any reason for him to be here? He certainly didn’t come here just to follow orders, especially if he didn’t owe anyone here. Well, the wolves here were mostly the wolves Nima picked up. Guess he couldn’t really complain about it.

Now what to do. This golden guy and the look the others give killed most of the motivation. He wasn’t against Nima’s plan however there’s that ‘I don’t feel like it anymore’ effect on him. Being free to do as he pleased was the last thing he had that allowed him to feel alive.

Funny to think that the golden male was doing the exact same he was. Different way, same purpose. He goes with asking for volunteers in which naturally Nima would decide. Scotch had a good guess of what followed after that and no he wasn’t going to do it.

“I’ll be going my own way as usual, Nima. See you later.” He said before changing the direction he was heading. He was still going to head towards where they would likely go but lets just say he was going to take the long way around. Making friends was not his goal. Even if they were on Nima’s side for now, it didn’t mean he was free from getting back stabbed.

//Attempted exit

Feb 19, 2018 05:23 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 4.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.