Roleplay Forums | Map

Don’t stop me now
[continuation] With Mintaka | Night

12041
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

Unlike last time, Dionysus did not take his time running away. Quite literally.

As soon as Mintaka agreed to follow, the boy shot out of the caves and into the night, bouncing up and down through the cool air with a growing grin on his face. He welcomed the darkness of the forest during the night just as much as he took liking to the dim lighting of the caves. In the distance, he could hear the sound of crickets.

No puppies. No adults he didn’t like telling him what he could and couldn’t do. Just crickets, darkness and the unknown waiting to be explored.

“Hurry up, Minta!”

Running away wasn’t something you can half-ass, alright?!


Feb 21, 2018 07:44 AM

  [ ignore ]
196070
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR
 

Mintaka had been looking around… Making sure Leas wasnt around to drag them back in. However… When Dion sped off and called her name… Her frown deepened in an annoyed fashion.

Dont tell her what to do… Boy! An irritated growl echoed from her chest as she ran after her. She saw the grin on his face and she had to do a double take. He could smile? And interesting fella he was.

Ahead… The darkness called her. She found her paws carrying her unwillingly toward it. It was so welcoming. A place she could hide and no one could find her. A place of peace.


Feb 21, 2018 07:49 AM — Post #1

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196072
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

Mintaka may have been scared, but Dion wasn’t. Only mama could tell him what to do or not. Mama wasn’t here. Mama wasn’t here.

Maybe she went into the darkness, too. Dion would find her if she did. The thought only made his paws hit the ground with more power. Leeves overhead danced in the midnight breeze, cheering him on.

A brief glance was throw behind him to assure that Mintaka was definitely following.


Feb 21, 2018 08:00 AM — Post #2

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196097
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR
 

“You think my Mother out here?” she asked Dion as she ran up to his side. Her voice was sort of hurt, but it also held a yearning tone to it. She kept closing her eyes and opening them as she continued to run. Dreaming that her beloved mother would come through the shadows and welcome her back into her soft fur.

Amber eyes seemed to glow in the dark as the pair continued deeper and deeper into the black depth of the forest. Would they ever stop running, or just continue till the forest ended?


Feb 21, 2018 12:02 PM — Post #3

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196134
Pharaoh is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff
 

Pharaoh was tired from his travel, so he didn’t stir right away as young voices and scents made their way to him. Then, with a sigh, his golden-brown eyes opened. Puppies. Puppies, coming right towards him. He recalled what Leas had said - not all the pups here were obedient. He was familiar with rowdy, disobedient puppies. He just refused now to think about Caesar and the way she had betrayed the family to run off without a word.

The former prince stretched and rose, padding closer to meet the two puppies who were heading right towards him, not quite able to see them yet.

 


Feb 21, 2018 05:35 PM — Post #4

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196211
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

Was Alina out here somewhere? The more Dion thought about it, the more evident it became that he knew nothing but the caves. What was past the woods they called home? Did this forest go on forever? Did the darkness swallow his own mother up as it had Mintaka’s?

“Somewhere.” He barked. The boy didn’t know the answer, nor did he want to. Alina was here one moment and now she wasn’t. That was it.

They’d come to a point where upon throwing his gaze back at the caves, he realized they were far out of sight. Everything around him looked the same. Left. Right. The only difference was when he peered up at the sky; a brilliant canvas of navy and azure speckled by gentle, twinkling stars. The moon hung low, illuminating the evergreens with a pale glow.

But there was no time to admire the sky like he had already done many times. Somebody was moving up ahead of them. Dionysus could see the faintest wisp of timber, and it was getting closer. It was not somebody he knew.

Skidding to a stop, the boy bared his teeth. “Minta. There’s somebody there.”


Feb 22, 2018 06:53 AM — Post #5

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196490
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR
 

The girl frowned at his reply. He never had much emotion, but a part of her wanted an absolute answer.

Either way, the girl pulled on the breaks as Dion stated someone was there. She pulled her body around next to his as she lifted her lips as well, showing her puppy fangs.

Who dared to cross their path?


Feb 23, 2018 05:09 PM — Post #6

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196507
Pharaoh is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff
 

He approached the duo to find two snarling puppies, and eyed them, unimpressed. Good HEAVENS, Leas had mentioned the white puppies having no manners - oh. He assumed the girl was the ‘difficult golden child’ she had also mentioned.

“Mintaka, I presume? I’m a friend of your mother, Leas.” His gaze slid to the white male. “It is not safe for children your age to be out here, especially at night. There are many dangerous predators. Come with me back to the caverns, please.” He instructed, but he was familiar enough with stubborn youths to expect resistance.


Feb 23, 2018 06:43 PM — Post #7

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
196881
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

— sorry for the wait!

“Mintaka, I presume?”

How did this overgrown fox know who his friend was? Dion’s scrumpled, threatening features only tightened, lips trembling with confusion and anger.

“I’m a friend of your mother, Leas.”

“Leas isn’t her mother.” The boy huffed. Leas was the one who made everything terrible. Ruined things. And now she was going to gather her friends around like some sort of support group, only have them help ruin things just because she was too weak to do it on her own?

“We know what we’re doing. Get out of my way.”

 


Feb 26, 2018 11:01 AM — Post #8

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197000
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR
 

The girl stood by her friend’s side. The orange wolf requested them to join them back to the caves. Her face twisted in confusion and disgust. Who was he to tell her what to do?

He knew Leas? How was she supposed to trust him? A name wasnt enough. No words came from the child as Dion expressed what she wanted to say.


Feb 27, 2018 08:58 PM — Post #9

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197048
Pharaoh is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff
 

Pharaoh could tell from such ugly words and expression as crossed the face of what should have been innocent youngsters, that Leas had had little paw in raising these particular two.

“Is it a good wolf who would take on four orphan puppies.” Pharaoh lectured the young male, not budging. He had been trained by a royal regiment, and he was certainly unafraid of any attack from a child. “Leas is said good wolf. And if you knew what you were doing, boy, you would not be risking your life by running off into the woods at night. What would you do for example, if you saw a bear, pray tell?”


Feb 28, 2018 05:22 AM — Post #10

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197051
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

‘Leas is said good wolf.’ Leas was not. He wanted to grab the stranger by the ankles and chew his toes off. See if Leas can fix that.  She’d end up crying and run away.

What the heck was a bear? From the stranger’s annoying tone, he suspected it was something big to try and scare him off. His eyes narrowed even more.

“I’d get away. I’m not stupid.”

Even if he didn’t know what a bear was. Even if the forest was big.

A side glance at Mintaka followed. We run now.


Feb 28, 2018 06:15 AM — Post #11

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197087
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR
 

Bear? What was that? The girl still didnt reply. She only listened and observed. She marveled in Dion’s confidence. He truly was something to be amazed by.

Leas was good. Sometimes. If she was truly good… Then Mintaka would be outside more often… Exploring and making her own way. If Leas was good.. She wouldn’t be trying to fix Mintaka. There was nothing wrong with her… She was born this way. A wild spirit who wanted to be free.

Then Dion replied with common sense. However… His look was one Mintaka wasnt sure she could follow through with. He wanted her to run. However… She didnt know where to go… And what if they did die? Would anyone care?

Therefore… The child was placed between a right and wrong situation. She didnt know what to pick. Follow the adult or run with Dion. Then it happened.

The girl decided to do neither. She fell on the ground as if she fainted. Her breathing began to go heavy. Would that stop them both? Would it bring them both back to the caverns. It was a chance she was willing to take so she didnt have to deny Dion totally.


Feb 28, 2018 05:58 PM — Post #12

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197158
Pharaoh is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff
 

Pharaoh shot a look both unimpressed and disgusted at the young male. “If that were true you would not be trying to run away.” He pointed out, but let out a muffled yelp of dismay when the stress must have caught up with Mintaka and he fainted.

“Now look what you’ve done! Some friend you are!” He lectured the white puppy, stepping over to nose at Mintaka. She was not a small puppy, and was already beyond the age to be carried safely. He would have to see if he could rouse her.

Hopefully the rude young male would simply follow on behind if he convinced at least one of them to see reason. There was certainly no way they could survive on their own at their age, no matter what grand plans had entered their childish minds.

“Come now Mintaka. I can help you back home again, where you will be safe. Nothing will harm you while I am here, you’ve my word.”


Mar 01, 2018 06:40 AM — Post #13

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197172
Dionysus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dionysus Ambrosia Dylan
 

The stranger said something about how you shouldn’t run from bears. What the shit was he supposed to do, then? But oh, no. He wouldn’t explain anything. That would be too much effort.

And then Mintaka…collapsed. The stranger instantly blamed it on him.

“I didn’t do anything! You saw it! She just fell!” The Ambrosia boy snarled, backing away a few steps. It wasn’t his fault. He didn’t do anything.

All he was trying to do was get away from the caves with the only friend he had. Just one night.

But everything was his fault. Everything. Always.

He couldn’t move.


Mar 01, 2018 09:55 AM — Post #14

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
197179
Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

(( edited a small detail in this post, as i had timelines mixed up. sorry about that! ))

Sleep hadn’t come easily since Mumu left. Before, she could slip into it with ease, nestled against her mother’s flank, knowing her brothers, too, slept nearby.

Margarita had never known a day without conclusion. Now, though, the days alone never seemed to end.

There was sound in the cavern. Footsteps, hushed voices, both growing distant. Trouble. Rita loved trouble once; a love that had since been replaced with something like indifference. Still, she shifted her weight, and pushed up onto her paws.

Just like that, the voices and footsteps had dissipated.

Maybe their mother had come home.

Maybe things could go back to normal.

Propelled by her hopeful musings, Margarita swayed into motion, and began her quiet pursuit.

| arriving in 2 rounds.


Mar 01, 2018 11:22 AM — Post #15

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Mar 09, 2018 10:07 PM by Margarita ]
Showing page 1 of 2.
1
 
Please log in or register to reply to this thread.