Roleplay Forums | Map

Where to find buried treasure
Clearing | Late Summer | Evening | Clear

Pharaoh is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff

The sight and scent of death.

He dreamed about it. Not only his sons now. He dreamed of a broken white body lying in the grass. A grey child crying out from the fire in her veins. No matter how much Pharaoh hunted and patrolled, another puppy had slipped away. And it wasn’t even his pack, but still… the prince was not oblivious to the losses of the Evergreens.

He could not continue as he had been. Panting, eyes red-rimmed, he finally called an end to the afternoon’s hunting and set to tracking down his mate instead of prey-scent. The beautiful clear sunset streaking pinks and oranges across the sky went unnoticed even as the trees began to thin. He should keep working but… he was exhausted and weary, and thinking of his sons and his sisters and every loss that had piled upon itself and he knew there was exactly one reason he hadn’t get joined the many who had turned their backs. 

“Babette?” He called softly into the open space between the trees he tracked her to. He smelt flowers.

Mar 08, 2018 09:43 PM

[ ignore ]
Babette is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

Time away from the ocean had helped her heart clear except that… tragedy was everywhere. It had always been everywhere. From her childhood up until now people around her had died, or been maimed, and somehow Babette was just accepting that this was a thing that happened. Her mate, however, took it hard. He mourned for these pups they did not know so well.

Babette thought about it, but she couldn’t cry for someone else’s children who had at least experienced life. She could feel shock that they had died, of course, it was all too unfair. but at least they’d lived, for a little while.

Then again, she knew not of the more recent tragedy, though her thought process might have been the same. Still, the sound of her mate’s soft voice brought her rising from the grasses of the clearing to pad toward him. He was distraught, it was a constant with Pharaoh anymore it seemed and she wanted to see the cocksure prince he’d once been.

“My Prince,” she greeted her mate with a wave of her tail. “What troubles you?”

Mar 09, 2018 07:00 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Pharaoh ducked under the last branch and into the open. And towards his mate, the relief tangible, obvious on his face and in his posture as he reached out to her. Still noting, even after all this time, that he appreciated she and he were the same height, so he doidn’t have to stoop to reach her.

“My beloved Lady.” He exhaled the greeting, and it took a minute of resting his head alongside hers, feeling her cheek fur, so soft and plush against his own. Then he could explain, pulling back, his golden eyes filled with regret.

“Another puppy died today. One of Leas’s adoptive daughters.”

Mar 09, 2018 07:09 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

Even to this day his presence excited her. His cheek along hers caused her stomach to flutter. It brought a wag from her tail despite her splayed ears. Knowing something was wrong. She was still happy to see him. Selfish. Happy to help the Evergreen Wolves but needing, badly, to steal Pharaoh away for herself. Their excursion away just for them had ended up being for the greater good… and maybe that wasn’t bad. She was selfish, after all.

Yet as he pulled away his handsome face contorted into one of melancholy and she understood as the words came from him. She mirrored his expression but… she didn’t really feel it. Another one had died that had at least experienced life and it wasn’t unfair but she couldn’t feel that she could sympathize with it.

It was proper to though. “That’s simply awful,” came the response, and it at least sounded genuine. Her nose touched his cheek to reassure him. Her mate, unlike her, was definitely hurting due to these losses. “How is Leas handling everything?”

Mar 09, 2018 07:18 AM — Post #3

Name Player

There were days when this was all he wanted. Babette leaning into him, sharing the same breaths.

“Well, she has her mate.” With a heavy sigh, he sat down, tucking his tail neatly at his side. Rathbone had not been… all that friendly. There was some part of Pharaoh that had expected to be the knight in shining armor, with a parade thrown to celebrate his heroism at coming to help. The welcome from Rathbone had been… lackluster.

“But she is very young. And between you and I, she may be a little too…” He frowned, feeling ungentlemanly to be making disparaging remarks behind a friend’s back. But he had never held very much back from his mate. “Well. Unprepared for the harshness of the world.” He finished heavily.

Mar 09, 2018 07:38 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

She found herself wiggling closer to him. Irresistable to align her body with his and tuck her head under his own. He preferred it that way. Not him lording over her, but her gentle femenine submission. “She is quite young, yes,” came the response.

For a moment she wasn’t sure what to say. She didn’t know Leas as well as Pharaoh but her services were still available she supposed. “Any help they need, we’re here. Even if it’s just help with coping. Grief is an ugly monster.’

As they both well knew.

Mar 09, 2018 07:43 AM — Post #5

Name Player

Every place her body touched his relaxed. He was still tired, still feeling the burn of overtaxed muscles. But when he slowly began to smooth the fur over Babette’s shoulder, ribs and hip and haunch and even tail aligned with hers, he felt it a little less intensely.

“As be both know well.” He murmured in response, but he looked away right after he spoke up. Unwilling to tread that particular path again.

After a beat Pharaoh looked around properly for the first time - able to take in a sight that wasn’t the unmatched beauty of his mate. “It’s pleasant here.” He reflected, in that half-distracted tone of voice that meant he was processing a lot more than the simple words he had voiced.

Mar 09, 2018 07:52 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

There was a moment of darkness as they both reflected momentarily on the loss of their boys and then they were moving past it. All that truly mattered was the two of them anyway. Side by side. They were their own family.

“Even more pleasant with my handsome prince by my side,” she cooed at him. Willing to distract him from darker thoughts as she reached to nibble below his left ear, tail thumping slowly beside her.

She couldn’t remember when he had really been happy last. When they were expecting, maybe. Still, he was right. The forest, the clearing, the caves. They were all pleasant. Despite the tragedies that had occurred it was peaceful and quiet here. Though she’d never admit it, she was also glad to be done with that dreadful sand for a little while.

Mar 09, 2018 08:03 AM — Post #7

Name Player

To Pharaoh, no matter how much time they spent together ,the pure physical enjoyment of being nuzzled at and groomed by his mate never faltered. He leaned into her touch, then moved to sooth her neck fur next.

“I’m sorry I have been around so little since we arrived.” He apologized, his expression a bit doleful. “I will be better, you know, at balancing time hunting and time with you. Perhaps we ought to go after a deer together, then we can have a few days off. Explore. See the sights of the valley a little more.” He suggested.

Mar 09, 2018 08:08 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

None of it really mattered. She craved her time with him but in the end he found her either way. Still, the way he was putty at her paws pleased her. Her touch alone could humble her prince into a pile of fluff on the ground and it was a power that Babette reveled in.

“No worries, darling,” she replied. It sounded wonderful but they’d promised to help, and she was still ok with that. Helping. Right now, though, she wanted his attention. She needed to distract him from his own troubles.

So she continued to grom him, her nose trailing down his neck as she nibbled at his fur, humming to herself as she sought to comfort him.

Mar 09, 2018 08:22 AM — Post #9

Name Player

A contended sound rose in his throat, somewhere between a hum and a sigh. He paused for a moment, enjoying the attention, before he groomed the fine fur close to her muzzle with a dedicated gentleness to his motions.

A little slow to catch on - or perhaps simply caught up still, in the dampener that so much death inspired - he spoke up again.

“Would you be happy, My Lady, somewhere like this? If we were to leave the Rangers.” After all, what was there for him now without his sisters? Pierre, but they could always visit his younger friend.

Mar 09, 2018 08:26 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

His soft touch on her muzzle made her nose wrinkle delightfully and she leaned into him a little more, content to be in his space. Happy to just exist with him. Where they were didn’t matter so much.

“Perhaps,” she responded.Her head leaned into his shoulder and she thought about it. “Anywhere you are is my happiness. I suppose it is a bit less melancholy without the constant reminder of what happened.”

The admission was soft. It was easier to be happy when she wasn’t tending the grave, wasn’t obsessing over it. Wasn’t worrying about Polydora… bless the child, wherever she was, but this was freeing for Babs.

Mar 11, 2018 10:53 AM — Post #11

Name Player

When Babette leaned into him he continued to fiddle with the fur around her muzzle until every hair was lying perfectly. She was always one of the most beautiful wolves he’d ever set eyes on, that he was certain of.

She was not yet sold on the forest, but Pharaoh did not mind that. “Yes, and perhaps that greater positivity will be worthwhile, wh- if we are to try again for a family this year.” He told her, more subdued now, ears back and eyes worried. But he took a deep breath, and pulled back enough he could look earnestly into her face.

“That’s still what I want. A family with you, my dearest Babette.”

Mar 11, 2018 06:29 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

His preening and attention was all she could ever ask for. Even with death all around them she was content. Everyone was dying everywhere it seemed, especially puppies. Was it like that every year? maybe it was and she only noticed it now that she’d lost her own. Then again, she’d spent plenty of time on her own now.

Family. The thought made her eyes tear up and she pressed herself against him firmly for support. “I want that too, my prince,” she reassured him. She’d wanted it before, and she wasn’t discouraged now as much as she was sad that they had not been successful in that. still, the elegant female wasn’t sure she could handle the same heartache again.

“I think I would like to stay here a while, though I do not wish to abandon the Rangers,” she glanced up at him curioiusly, wondering if he was leading up to that. “But my heart is anywhere you are my love, and if you wish to stay here then I would do that to be with you.”

It was cheesy maybe but she wagged her tail. An honest sentiment offered between mates.

Mar 27, 2018 05:26 PM — Post #13

Name Player

He had not intended to make her cry, obviously, and he reached hastily to lick at the damp fur around his eyes. There was a measure of relief in it, in having her confirm she still wanted to make another attempt at parenthood come this winter.

He didn’t dare think of what would happen if they went through what they had this year again, though. He simply pressed against her side for a moment, breathing a tiny sigh of relief.

He accepted her word with a small dip of his muzzle. “I understand, my Lady.” He did, though he felt disappointed to an extent. He had no strong ties to the Rangers anymore aside from perhaps Pierre, now his sisters were out of the picture. The thought stabbed into his heart almost as much as the thought of the twin graves on the hillside.

Babette did mention if he wanted to stay here, she would remain at his side, which was somewhat bolstering. “Well, we do not have to decide anything for sure until the winter.” He told her, wagging his tail back. “I’ve offered to give the older pups some hunting lessons, so I might work on that for the near future.”

Mar 27, 2018 10:11 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Babette Proleator Angie

Babette found herself wiggling into him for more of his touch. Just his fur pressed against hers was soothing. He’d been so busy helping the Evergreens and dealing with their losses that sometimes she felt like he’d forgotten her. Which was, of course, silly. Her prince would never forget her. She was too beautiful and elegant for all that.

“If… if we do decide to stay, we must go and tell the Rangers. Bucky would deserve to know,” she said. It was true. She almost felt bad even considering leaving. Bucky relied so much on his pack. To remove two more wolves was almost unsightly. They would make do, though. The surviving Ranger pups would be big enough to contribute now. Plus, forming an alliance between packs would be good.

She licked her mate’s cheek gently and wagged her tail at him. “I know this year has been full of grim losses, darling, but do remember that we ourselves must still live.” Her words were offered as a reminder to him to be a little more optimistic. He was so sensitive to these matters and losing lives really pulled on him. It really was important to remember that they could still live and be happy, even if the world around them fell apart.

Mar 31, 2018 07:43 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.