Roleplay Forums | Map

Sand and Surf
EA | Cloudy | On the island in the bay | AW

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa moved gently down the coast of the island. She kept to the strange little strip of land where the sand of the beach began to meet with the grass and pine needles of the trees. Any close to the water required maneuvering around boulders and over rocks slippery with algae, any further up and then she had to weave in and out of the trees as well.

In the days since they had settled on this island she felt she had explored most of it, but currently she was angling around the south-eastern corner of it, a place she had not thoroughly investigated before. As always the scent of salt wafted strongly off the ocean while the equally powerful smell of pine drifted from the trees. It was an interesting combination that she was coming to recognize as the scent of home.

Her eyes glanced back and forth between beach and forest, looking for anything of particular interest. She doubted there was anything too spectacular in this area. Most likely it was more beach and trees as before, but she wanted to complete her exploration and say that she knew all of the places on the island.

Mar 16, 2018 08:01 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus had just caught a rabbit several minutes before, and was carrying it to an open space with the intent to dine upon it alone when he caught a whiff of Larisa’s scent. Being ever the gentleman, he saw this as a good opportunity to gain brownie points. Though he’d only just laid down with the little body between his paws, he got to his feet, shaking out his coat for good measure. It never hurt to look handsome, after all.

“Larisa,” he called out, then picked up the rabbit and sauntered her way, dropping it with a dull thud on the rocky beach when he drew near. “Surveying?” he asked, winking and lowering himself into a sitting position.

Mar 16, 2018 07:15 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her attention split between the waves and the trees, a friendly voice was a much more interesting diversion. Indeed their seemed to be nothing of particular note over here, just a little corner of the island that she had not seen and which she could largely ignore unless it become of any importance.

Swiveling her eyes and ears forward she approached Crixus with a smile and a wag of her tail. “Good afternoon,” she greeted, her eyes following the rabbit that he dropped onto the beach.

“Just becoming fully acquainted with our new home. I think this is the last area I had not seen, and now, I have.” What a story.  “You are a much more interesting sight to survey,” she flirted, approaching.

The pale woman rubbed her muzzle gently across his own. She rested it for just a moment against him, and then sat back, relaxed.

Mar 16, 2018 07:58 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus’s tail swept a single stroke over the ground at her greeting, and he smirked when she complimented him. Of course he was much more interesting- but the island was, too. He returned her affectionate nuzzle, then when she sat back, picked up the rabbit and placed it back down at her feet. “A gift,” he said, looking out over the water.

“Tell me what you think of Kaya,” he prompted, eyes turning back to the shewolf before him. He hoped that Larisa would approve, so that the two could get along. Soon he would need to call them into a meeting so that he could discuss ranks with them.

Mar 16, 2018 10:53 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“My sweet provider,” she purred with a nod of thanks. She didn’t move to eat yet, it would be a treat for later. She had been slowly rebuilding her strength and muscle from before, feeling increasingly invigorated from Crixus’ ample hunting abilities and the very regular swimming she was doing these days.

He quickly moved onto another topic and she gave him a small smile. “She is clearly capable, and feels largely the same way we do. I think she will be a good wolf to keep close.” The good things first at least, Crixus had been impressed by the other woman to bring her back here. “Her and I are still becoming acquainted, I am not completely set on my opinion, and of course she is not a family member, but…I am hopeful. As long as we keep an eye out, and are careful.” She kept her expression pleased, she would be supportive of what they were doing of course.

“We should be selective with all wolves who might seek to join the pack. We must rebuild out family, Kaya was a good first choice.” They didn’t need reckless, idiotic wolves. Big, dumb brutes who caused trouble were no use if they brought unnecessary danger and quarrels to the pack. It was a fine line to walk. “What do you think of her? And of the traits that are best in others to recruit?”

Mar 16, 2018 11:55 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Sweet provider indeed. The male’s tongue brushed across his lip, noting that she didn’t eat the prize right away. He was interested to hear her thoughts on Kaya and nodded as he listened. “I agree with you. I am hesitant to trust, but I have it for her, for now. You keep an eye, and I will, too.”

He nodded again at her statements and quirked a small smile at the compliment of having chosen Kaya as the first recruit. It was possible the older female had chosen him rather than the other way around, but he was happy to take credit for his brilliance anyway. “For the role I need her in, she is ideal. In future recruits, to be beneath her in rank, I worry that an excess of ambition will lead to problems.. but by the same token, not enough drive and desire can cause an issue as well.” His brow wrinkled. Couldn’t he just populate his pack with his own pups to fill the rolls he needed? He supposed it would take a while before that could happen.

With a sigh, he mulled over the characteristics he needed to seek out. “Obedience. Trustworthiness. The ability to work cooperatively.” He examined his toes, flexing them casually. If he had his say, they’d also nearly all be female, but he supposed he wouldn’t mention that out loud. It wasn’t likely to work out that way, anyway. Perhaps “willingness to be castrated”? Well. He’d add it to the mental list.

Mar 17, 2018 12:05 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

They were of the same mind in this. Of course they were. How had Larisa ever survived an entire year without her family with her? She reveled in this simple conversation with a like-minded wolf.

She nodded along at his descriptions for ideal recruits. She agreed as well. She realized there was no reason to worry at all. Crixus seemed made to lead a pack, their family. He was capable, intelligent, and had good instincts for what to do. He was not looking for hulking troublemakers of wolves, he wanted those that would serve them appropriately. The Blancs - and the pack - would of course provide some support ans safety in return. What wolf would not want a strong, capable leader who assured that their assistance would support other capable, worthy wolves in return.

“You are of course very right.” She moved so that she could sit side by side with him, brushing their fur gently together. “I have explored more in the bay and only managed to meet truly unimpressive wolves, so unworthy of this place. I believe Kaya is out searching for others as well. We could venture further afield, together if you wished?” She did not revel in traveling any great distance on her own, but they had a home chosen now, and short trips elsewhere in the valley with Crixus might be an enjoyable diversion.

Mar 17, 2018 12:29 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As Larisa moved to sit beside him, he leaned some of his weight into her comfortably. Abaddon wasn’t much of a snuggler, so the feeling was one he was still getting used to after a year of only his brother for company. He ran his muzzle through her fur as she spoke, humming.

Crixus didn’t like the idea of leaving the island to go recruiting, but he supposed it was a necessary evil. It would perhaps be smarter to send Larisa on her own, and for him to go another way, so that the three could scout a larger area. However, his possessiveness over the female had grown, and he was reluctant to let her out of his sight for long. In the end, that decided him.

“I shouldn’t like to be gone for long,” he said. “A few days at most. Some other may come and try to stake a claim to our territory.” He was naturally paranoid of this happening, and it made the fur along his spine rise slightly, a growl rumbling in his throat.

Mar 17, 2018 07:46 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa leaned into the touches and nuzzles from her cousin. She flicked her tongue out to groom softly at one of his ears as it came close enough. He seemed to be mulling over her suggestion and he came to about the same conclusion that she had.

“Of course, I wouldn’t wish to be gone for too long either. Though this place seems almost uninhabited, I don’t think there is much to worry about.” There didn’t seem to be any threat that some other pack might move in while they were away. And if it was a single wolf, then perhaps they too would be the right sort of strong and capable, or they would soon find out why it was a mistake to come here.

“The forest to the south has the Evergreen pack, but it is a large forest, perhaps it would be worth a trip?” She could just seen the green of tree tops when she looked to the south. The north seemed practically empty, she wasn’t convinced it was worth going there if there were so few wolves to find.

Mar 17, 2018 10:36 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh, good. She didn’t want to be gone for long either- that was something. She seemed to think that no one would seek out the island in their absence, but despite her convictions, he remained suspicious of the possibility. Still, they would deal with intruders if necessary upon their return.

Crixus began to stand, giving Larisa’s cheek fluff an affectionate little tug. “The sooner we go, then, the sooner we can return. Kaya spoke with the Evergreen leader, and certainly it sounds like a waste of time to seek them out. But they dwell in the eastern part of the forest. Let us scout the west, then.”

He flicked his muzzle in the suggested direction, and was ready to spring into action, going so far as to take a step back toward where they swam to and from the mainland, but then he remembered the rabbit he’d given to his cousin. “Will you not eat?” he asked, head tilting. Hopefully she wasn’t sick or something. He needed her.

Mar 17, 2018 11:34 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“West it is then.” Larisa stood after Crixus, he seemed set on bounding off that directly immediately, and her eyes did slide to the rabbit before he managed to get too far away from her.

She moved towards it leisurely. She placed a paw firmly on the carcass and ripped away a bite with her teeth. She was precise even in this. Her cousin was watching and she did not ever wish to seem brutish or course in front of him. “Of course, I was only enjoying our conversation fully.” She took another quick bite. “Woul you like some? It is quite good.” While she found seafood easier to catch personally, the taste of red meat was always preferable. Clearly the rabbits on this island had grown lazy in the absence of wolves to hunt them.

“Do you wish to go right away then? We can be back in just a day or so.” She raised her eyebrows before another bite. What would they find in the forest? Perhaps interesting wolves who were worth something.

Mar 17, 2018 11:56 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She turned back to the rabbit and began to pull it apart, her methodical approach drawing his eye. When she offered him some, he nodded. He dipped his head to where she had the carcass on the ground, and with precision, placed his paw on the body, took hold of a rear leg, and wrenched it free with a pulling and twisting motion. The flesh of young rabbits being soft, it came away without much in the way of effort.

After gnawing all of the good bits off of the leg and crunching on a bone thoughtfully, he licked his lips, then cleaned his paws. “Mustn’t travel on an empty stomach.” A little nudge was given, and then he stood waiting for her to fall in at his side. They had things to do.

Mar 17, 2018 01:06 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.