Roleplay Forums | Map

Death is my ally, and the shadows are my slaves.
Early Autumn||Moonrise Bay||21ºC||Cloudy||Looking for a place to rest

Milo is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Milo Jazmin

The dark male had been travelling for days. Gathering as much knowledge on herbs and different plants as he possibly could. And while it was harder to sift through them in an unknown environment, it sent a thrill up his spine. He yearned for a new plant. A new kind of poison to use. Something to make someone else suffer and squirm for days of pure agony. Yes, the thought by itself sent his nerves into full bliss.

As he padded along with a sickening grin, he found himself atop a cliff of some sort. Looking down, he saw an interesting looking bay. It held an odd smell that made his lip twitch up in disgust. Why was this place so horrid? Filled to the brimm with too many wolves and not enough herbs or plants for him to experiment with. This wasn’t fair. Letting out a low growl, the male made his way around. He wanted to at least check for any useful plants that could be of use to him. He might even find a new subject for his experiments.

Another, more sinister grin crossed his feautures. He hadn’t experimented on someone for a long time. Maybe now was a good time to start again. After all, he could always make them help him pick out deadly herbs. Who knows, maybe this place wasn’t so horrible if it let him keep experimenting.

Mar 20, 2018 09:15 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla had traveled some distance the night before; and she lounged upon a rocky outcrop now, paws extended out in front of her, the picture of comfort. Her pale yellow eyes flitted over a rather small but attractively dark male as he scowled and frowned and growled his way closer to where she was lying.

Feeling safe and secure both with physical height and in her own physical prowess against such a creature if he proved snipey with her, she shifted position so he would spot her.

“Now if you hate ze ocean zat much, what has brought you here?” She inquired, peering down at him with her chin thoughtfully resting on a forepaw.

Mar 22, 2018 05:54 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Milo Jazmin

His grin soon turned into a relaxed expression as he caught wiff of a wolf. As he kept trotting along, he noticed the cream and grey fur of the stranger. Soon, he heard a voice. An accent? How…intriguing. The male chose to wonder closer. Wanting to see the face of this female.

Once he was near enough that he could at least see her face, he smiled passively. His mind raced with new possibilities. Excited by the thought of a new subject. Until…he realized he didn’t have anything with him. Internalizing a string of swears, he kept the smile up as he talked. “It’s not hate, rather frustration.” he replied with a voice as smooth as silk.He needed someone to help him learn more about this place. And this she-wolf seemed capable enough to do so.

Mar 22, 2018 09:29 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The male looked up at her and offered a vague sort of smile that he kept up as he began to speak. Tesla flashed a toothy response and sat up, propped herself lazily on her front paws and peered down at him.

“Do tell, boy. Sounds like story there, nyet?” She prompted, not really caring if he didn’t feel like speaking. Might as well see if he had any intelligence in him and might be worth listening to for a few of her precious minutes.

Mar 22, 2018 10:28 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Milo Jazmin

This she-wolf was quite demanding. She had lazily propped herself up. The way she peered down at him made him want to bite her ear off. It was the same way his father had looked down at him when they were younger. He didn’t care if that’s how he treated other pack members. That was different. He was his own son! Just thinking back on it made his blood boil. But of course, Milo didn’t show any signs of it. All that would be noticeable, was a very slight tightening of his muscles.

He, of course, wouldn’t tell her the truth. Why should he? She wasn’t worth his breath. But he did need a certain degree of information. Thus, he explained it vaguely, making sure it sounded detailed enough to make it seem like a good explanation. “I’m a herbalist. I like working with plants and herbs. It’s my passion. I’m currently trying to develop my knowledge of them even further. Thus, why I’m frustrated. I just can’t seem to be able to figure out where anything is in this valley.”  Hopefully, the female was witty enough to see his discreet need for someone to show him around. But if she didn’t pick up on it in the next few minutes, he would leave. It was best to figure it out on his own than to have to travel with an imbecile.

Mar 23, 2018 12:14 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Finally having returned home after a bit of a scouting trip, Crixus was somewhat disconcerted to return to the bay and find a strange scent on the shore, mingled with one just as strange, but that niggled at his memory in some way. His paranoia that someone, anyone, would find and try to claim his island was always in the back of his mind, and the bay was the way to get there.

Turning away from his route through the water, he trotted up the path of the cliff to seek higher ground and was able to see, then, two wolves, apparently conversing. Ah. One was that strange female that had asked about the cripple, though the one she spoke to appeared fit enough, so perhaps she still had not yet found her.. friend. He would get a bit closer and see what all this was about.

// he is a decent distance away, visible but skippable unless addressed

Mar 23, 2018 06:34 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla bit back her first retort that a herbalist who couldn’t sniff out plants wasn’t worth very much. May as well see if she could keep the boy on side, for now - he had given her no reason to hate him unlike some others.

Some of his wording though…

“Vat herbs you seeking? I know many myself.” This was an exaggeration. Tesla had a basic knowledge of herbs, she didn’t know a lot. “Can tell you vere to find certain things.” If he was hoping for a tour guide he was fresh out of luck.

Her head swung towards a flash of white. Ah - one of the two attractive boys. She wasn’t sure from this distance which one, and she hadn’t exchanged names with either anyway. But she could not pass the opportunity that somebody she had encountered here might have further news of her quarry.

She released a single, inviting bark, nothing too overt, in his direction. She wasn’t the simpering or flirty kind.

Mar 23, 2018 09:08 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Milo Jazmin

Perfect. So she was useful. That was good. What herbs was he seeking? He couldn’t say oleander. That would be suicide. Thus, he went with a plant that grew in a simmilar place, but was medicinal instead. Maybe that way, he could find oleander. “I’m looking for boneset, creambush, and lavandula.” he listed. Even though lavandula was a bit of a stretch, he could make it work. He was hoping she knew about boneset as it is one of the closest he could think of.

The male saw her shift in attention and glanced over. He saw another wolf. A white one. He had to wonder what all those white wolves were doing here. He almost growled when she barked. He needed this information now. What he didn’t need was a distraction. He kept his expression at a light smile. He wanted to cus out both wolves, but he needed the information desperately.

Mar 23, 2018 11:58 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Having received a bark of invitation- as if he needed it- Crixus continued his approach. He didn’t speed up, though, disinterested in seeming as if he’d set out to obey some request of this stranger. He hadn’t even caught her name, before.

Drawing nearer, a single brow rose as he gazed at the two, his face a stoic mask of indifference. “Good afternoon,” he purred lazily, stopping a comfortable distance from the others, but not so far as to exclude himself from the conversation. He’d seen the female before, but the male was entirely new, and his eye roved over him with vague interest. He seemed quite young.

Mar 23, 2018 01:48 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well, the boy really was useless. And his herbal knowledge already exceeded her own, for she recognized only one of the three herbs he listed. But it was one that she had noticed just a short way north, which, if he were to go there…

“There are wetlands just north of here. Step must be vatched, much mud, but many herbs. Boneset among zem.” She confirmed. Her gaze slid to the long-legged white male as he spoke. “Good afternoon.” She greeted him with a small nod at the dark male; let me finish up with him before we speak.

She still desired allies… 

Beofre the dark boy could rush off now he had the information he apparently couldn’t sniff out himself, she slipped off her rocky perch and stepped fluidly, right up to him - standing within biting range if he had been so inclined, but she did not fear such a tiny yearling and it showed in her eyes, in her confident stance.

“Zere is female wolf hiding in wetlands I seek. White, bowed legs and back. If you find her, and alert me wizout alarming her… I am powerful ally to have, we understanding one another?”

He was a fool, it was true, but she could willingly conspire with fools to achieve her goal.

Mar 24, 2018 02:15 AM — Post #9

[ Edited: Mar 24, 2018 02:18 AM by Tesla ]
Name Player
Milo Jazmin

Wetlands up north. He could get what he ‘needed’. Plus, maybe he could find other poisons. That would be fantastic! Ha was about to turn away, having no need for the female. It was a shame he had gotten so frustrated, really. He had been heading notrth this whole time. If only he had kept going to avoid the oh so boring wolf.

But she had other plans. Standing close enough for him to bite-which let’s face it, he isn’t stupid-and looking like she owned the f*cking world. Which almost made him laugh with how delusional this wolf was. But then she asked a question. Laced with her thick accent, it sounded a little threatning to him. He wanted him to find someone. Crippled from what the description told him.

Holding in an annoyed sigh, he nodded. A warm smile on hid face as he answered “I understand” he threw in a “Thank you” for good messure and padded off. It made him sick. The fact that he now had to look for someone. Unless…oh, this was going to be fun! What better way to experiment on others than by blaming it on them? His lips curved up in a dangerous smirk as he walked off. What fun this’ll be.

(Exit, unless stopped)

Mar 24, 2018 09:31 AM — Post #10

[ Edited: Mar 24, 2018 06:44 PM by Milo ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus’s nose wrinkled as the young male stalked off. He had rarely seen such disrespect to have been ignored completely, and he made note of the pelt and face of the boy. Not to be welcomed. He would remember him.

His gaze slid again to the slightly more familiar female, and a brow lifted in question. What was all this about?

Mar 24, 2018 10:31 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla didn’t exactly get an agreement; but at east the boy knew now - crossing her didn’t come easily. At his size, he ought to understand the importance of alliances.

She turned back to the white male, sauntering over with a faint look of amusement. Like Tiberius, she suspected she already knew where she stood with this male.

“Vat is it with ze young of zis valley?” She questioned, but it was more out of a desire to get him talking than to complain. “Children think zey can roam without protection, lead packs, and cannot evin sniff out herb on own.”

She had raised her own two to be much smarter in how they went about the world - but then, the world she had come from was different. Far more unforgiving.

Mar 24, 2018 05:16 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It seemed the female’s thoughts were not so far from his own, and despite her somewhat difficult to understand accent, Crixus allowed a smirk. “The valley, truly, is full of deplorably pitiful specimens,” he said. After a pause, his nose wrinkled ever so slightly. “Did you find your.. friend?” She’d been looking for some strange-sounding cripple last they’d met. What a waste of time.

Mar 24, 2018 08:39 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She smirked back. “Not yourself however.” She informed him smoothly, brow lifting just slightly, faintly teasing… also faintly serious. “You are not from here, I am thinkings.”

He was attractive. The exact tall, lean build she liked in her men. Not that she was looking for life partners, but it certainly made conversation with him pleasant to a degree. A pity he was not still traveling with his doppelganger, the second lean, pale male. 

Friend? Smirk: vanished. “I do not recall using za term friend.” He should not assume such things. Had he not yet caught on? His wrinkled nose gave her hope that he just might match her own values enough to be useful. His girlfriend certainly seemed to - Tesla wondered if she was close by.

Mar 25, 2018 08:18 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A pleased expression crossed the male’s face at the complimentary speech. He could get used to the accent if she kept talking that way. His eyebrows raised somewhat, and lip curled ever so slightly to expose the tip of a canine in a tiny smile. Not from here? The smile widened, just slightly. “I am not,” he confirmed, tilting his head somewhat. “And nor are you.”

At her apparent disgust at his use of the word “friend,” he allowed his expression to warm even more. He’d had to test it out. He paused for a moment, scrutinizing her face, and offered an alternative descriptor for the wolf she sought- “Your quarry?”

Mar 25, 2018 08:32 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.