Roleplay Forums | Map

but i won’t mind no time spent to save me, just trying to be good to the people who raised me
backdated: late summer / morning / 71°F / clear

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rita never knew how much exploration could raise her spirits. Or maybe it was staying in the evergreens that had kept them down. Either way, traveling seemed to have done the girl well. There was a pep in her step again. A sense of conviction, of resolve. A goal to pursue. Fun to have along the way.

She’d come upon the geysers not long ago; perhaps a night or two. Margarita was an over-achiever, guilty of pushing herself past limits she probably should. That had left her exhausted once she’d arrived, a state that certainly warranted sleep. That was a thing she didn’t like doing much. The dreams she had gave her an unpleasant ache now. One that she worked to dissipate as soon as her eyes opened once again.

Sightseeing made it easier. And the geysers were a weird sight to see.

Steaming water dotted the otherwise barren landscape. She was no stranger to flat land, but this time, there were hardly any plants. Hardly any green. The closest she could see was far off in either direction, just thin strips on the horizon.

But there were some plants.

Most of them were either dead, or ones she’d already seen: flat yellow flowers, beady yellow flowers, some long, pointy ones.

Then, there was this big one. A sprawling thing, with velveteen leaves, growing low to the ground. Needless to say, Margarita was intrigued. She’d sat by the thing for a while now, looking at it from every angle, poking through its foliage.

She knew she had to have it.

Bending her head down, the girl hooked her jaw around the plant’s base, and pulled.

Mar 26, 2018 11:16 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

After slogging her way out of the wetland marshes, Marceline had followed the curve of the bay only to the point where it began to turn back west towards the coast. It seemed redundant to turn back the way she had come from - just on the opposite side of the water. Instead she kept to a more southern path, skirting the line where the forest gave way to flat, gray rock. After a first very startling realization, she recognized that it was scalding hot water that shot from the ground in this place.

Marce was careful to avoid the geysers themselves, but followed their length south, able to see that the forest too seemed to turn back west at some point. The older woman ambled along at a comfortable pace.

There was a good chance she would not have noticed the pup if not for the movement of the plant. Marceline squinted into the distance, trying to focus her aging eyes on what she was seeing. The woman moved closer. It became clear it was a pup - or a tiny adult - who was tugging on a plant.

Marce advanced further, waiting for the child and plant to both come into better focus so she could figure out what exactly was going on. “Hello,” she eventually called, voice friendly at the sight of a puppy - and she had stopped squinting so as not to look strange as she approached.

[What plant is Margarita pulling up?]

Mar 27, 2018 06:48 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(( she’s pulling up a bush(?) of mullein! ))

“Hello.”

Rita stopped her tugging, released the plant’s stalk, and turned her head to look at the little wolf. She was even smaller than her, somehow, but carried an air of someone who was a lifetime wiser. The girl gawked at her for a moment.

“Hi,” she huffed tiredly, stepping away from the plant and shaking out her fur to appear somewhat more presentable.

“I’m Margarita,” she told her. “Who’re you?”

Apr 02, 2018 06:30 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The girl, perhaps Marce ought not describe her as ‘little’ - though practically everyone in Marceline’s life was larger than her - turned around to greet her. The small, dark woman gave the pup a smile and a wag of her tail as she approached. She seemed to be a polite girl, though general lack of wolf scent, nor a guardian immediately nearby was perhaps concerning. Or was this pup big enough to be on her own? Marce didn’t have the easiest time gauging puppy ages by sight, she tried not to think about it too much.

“I’m Marceline,” She introduced with a little nod of her head, enjoying the slight similarities in their named. “Are you out here all alone?” She questioned gently. Marceline knew nothing of if a pack - or parents - might be nearby.

Did the girl have a purpose with the plant she had been tugging on? Closer now, the older woman recognized it. It was not harmful at least, but did the child know what it was useful for, or was she simply playing a game trying to haul it out of the ground?

Apr 02, 2018 10:12 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marceline. She seemed like a nice lady. Older, though, for sure, what with the gray around her muzzle, and the way she carried herself. Rita could just… tell. She was nothing like the others in her pack, all either pups, or young wolves.

Younger than Marceline, at least.

“Are you out here all alone?”

What was likely a concerned inquiry felt more like a pointed accusation to the girl. Hastily, she retorted, “I’m lookin’ for my brother.” A pause. “His name’s Dionysus. He’s white, has blue eyes. Have ya seen him?”

Apr 04, 2018 04:34 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Looking for her brother, but the plant had…distracted her? Angered her? It wasn’t clear. Clearly the girl before her was a child of some sort, and common sense did not always apply to children. Who knew why she was savaging a plant.

“I’m afraid I’ve not seen your brother.” She spoke earnestly. She wondered why one pup would be out here looking for another. “Has he gotten lost or run away?” She wasn’t sure if the pup would know anyway. Marce wasn’t heartless though, as she glanced around it really seemed like the child was here all alone.

“Why don’t you tell me your name, and…do you live near here?” Did the child have a pack? Or parents? She smelled faintly of trees and other wolves, but Marceline didn’t know anything about this valley.

Apr 04, 2018 07:15 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“He ran away,” Rita offered willingly. “He’s angry.” At Lees. At everyone. Her smile had completely gone now.

Marceline kept asking questions, as adults were wont to do when they found children alone in the middle of geyser fields. That was fine. Rita could be smart about this.

“My name’s Marg,” she began. “Our mum left us. We lived near here, just us three, but he left when she did.” Bacchus came to mind. She swallowed hoarsely. A necessary omission, for the sake of her lie’s complexity, and her own conscience. Quickly, she whisked him out again.

“I’ve gotta bring ‘im back.” A theatrical and searching flick of her eyes over the landscape. “We’re all we have left.”

Apr 08, 2018 11:56 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marceline listened through the whole of the explanation. Abandoned with just her two siblings, no mother, presumably no father - not even a mention. “It’s nice to meet you Marg.” At least the girl was fairly pleasant.

The older woman sighed. What was she supposed to do with this whole mess? “Do you know where he went?” Marce wasn’t sure why she was even asking. She should not be getting involved with strangers puppies, even if the puppies had been abandoned. Lord, she couldn’t just completely walk away though.

“Are there any adults that look after you?” Marceline glanced around as if a parent might show up and deal with this child. Marce had her own missing children to find, she didn’t want nor need this one.

Apr 08, 2018 12:15 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“I tracked ‘im here from the woods,” she told Marceline, gesturing in their general direction. “‘S’where we lived.”

“Are there any adults that look after you?”

Barely, with all of their other children. With their own pets in the form of meeker pups. If Rita told her, Marceline would surely drag her back, and put an end to her search.

She couldn’t allow that to happen.

“No,” the girl replied, shaking her head. “Was just Mum and us.”

Apr 08, 2018 12:20 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

So it was just the girl on her own out here. Obviously the place was kind of large, but you’d think if her brother was around he would have noticed her savaging a plant and came to her.

“Well, I don’t see him nearby.” Marceline didn’t know what he smelled nor looked like, presumably a white puppy like this one. “Where’s your third sibling, are they around here?” Honestly, what was Marceline supposed to do with this kid.

Maybe it was best to just ask what the pup wanted. “Do you want my help looking for him? How long ago did your mom leave? Do you know how to hunt and take care of yourself?” She didn’t exactly have any great plan here, but she’d get a feel for how capable the pup was, hopefully.

Apr 08, 2018 12:53 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rita blinked. Third sibling? Did this woman know more than she let on? Maybe she’d misunderstood.

“Don’t have a third one,” she replied smoothly. “Just me, my brother, and my mum.” She began to wonder if she should have just told her—but what happened to Bacchus was not something she wished to recall, let alone explain.

Her tail began to wave slowly at the offer. “Yeah. And she left a few weeks ago. Didn’t say anythin’.” More questions, still. “I can kinda hunt.” She’d been able to dig up mice a couple of times. Had found some scraps here and there.

Okay, maybe she couldn’t really hunt.

Apr 08, 2018 01:21 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ooh. Marg had meant her mother, brother, and herself. Was Marceline losing her mind in her old age as well as her eyesight? Marce just gave a nod, she stood corrected then. The pup started waging her tail and it seemed like that meant she did want Marce to stay and help.

Marceline had other things to do. She couldn’t dedicate a bunch of time to raising some strange puppy who had been left in the middle of this barren place. The pup looked plump enough if she’d been living on her own for multiple weeks. But, Marce had offered, and she wasn’t a heartless woman.

“Alright. Well, what does he look like and what is his name? Are you two just going to live here once you find him again?” She really didn’t have months to stay in one place to properly teach puppies how to hunt, but maybe she could do something

[I’m going to shuffle this in Marce’s timeline a bit so that she goes to the lake before she comes here. Just an FYI.]

Apr 08, 2018 01:37 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The woman had bit. Good; Rita would have some help in her search now. Someone to help support her until Dion came home. Two sets of eyes instead of one.

Hope began to dwindle not moments later, though. Again, the old wolf asked her brother’s name and appearance—which she’d already given. Rita sighed inaudibly. “He looks like me, but with blue eyes,” she repeated. “He’s my size, too. His name’s Dionysus. He’s usually angry-lookin’.”

That should suffice, right? Maybe it would stick in Marceline’s head now. Margarita began to question how much help this woman could actually be… but at least she wouldn’t be so alone anymore.

Apr 08, 2018 05:15 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marce gave a nod. She certainly hadn’t seen any angry looking, white puppies around. Aside from maybe this one.

“Where have you searched so far?” They could go the opposite direction to look for the boy. And while they looked, Marceline could think about what in the world she was supposed to do with two puppies who didn’t have any parents. This was not what she had asked for. Marce should have just stuck to the river and never came up this way.

“I’ll go with and we can look together for him, okay?”

[Sorry, forgot that Marg already described him]

Apr 08, 2018 06:23 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Margarita maiyev
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(( don’t worry about it! i was trying to be humorous :p ))

“Um…” Rita’s voice trailed as she looked back towards the evergreens. “Prob’ly most of this area.” She gestured at a swathe of land beyond the treeline, spanning most of its length.

“I haven’t gone super far past the woods, so I haven’t searched most of this place.” She looked back at the vast expanse of the geysers. That was when Marceline spoke again. Sure enough, the girl’s tail was waving thereafter.

Smiling, she said, “Thank you, Marce!—uh…” A pause. “I’m just gonna call ya Marce.”

Apr 11, 2018 06:04 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well, they had a field of geysers to search then. She really didn’t know what she was going to do if they found the other pup, or if they didn’t find the other pup. Marceline had involved herself now, and she supposed she’d either see it through to some ending, or eventually give up on the whole enterprise.

For now she gave a nod to the girl, not feeling like it was necessary to either correct what Marg wanted to call her, nor really say anything else about the matter.

“Well, shall we then?” She nodded her head a bit north, figuring they better start looking. Hopefully the pup at least knew what her brother smelled like.

[Fade?]

Apr 11, 2018 07:22 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.