Roleplay Forums | Map

BITCHES BE CRAZY
[continuation, summons] Right after "I Am Become Death" - closing in on Alliance borders | With Maya | Howling for the Alliance

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ ran, not sure weather to be relieved or anxious wen he smelt the Alliance borders ahead. But Maya spoke so well of all the guys she knew there, and AJ of course had met Josalyn (You should imagine him thinking of her name in a dreamy sigh for maximum effect) himself. Surely, they’d be safe from random crazy bitches like Astred Vahwatever near what miiiight just be a semi decent pack.

“Maya, sorry.” He panted breathlessly, finally slowing and picking a small ridge to stand atop, spotting the gleam of a creek further on. He scanned warily behind them in case Astred appeared, still chasing them demanding answers about her Kingdom. “She seemed so normal at first, just no fun - then as soon as I called you she attacked. If she’d turned crazy a bit earlier I never would have howled for you.”

Mar 28, 2018 06:28 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Mar 29, 2018 08:54 AM by Jaylan ]
Name Player
Maya Kess Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

The panic she’d felt at the sight of AJ pinned beneath whoever that had been, of fleeing from someone who tried so hard to chase her down, was fading. But still she ran, trying her hardest to keep pace with AJ. She wasn’t tall and long legged like him, but fear made you run as hard as you could. She’d keep her ears swiveled back the whole way, just to be sure she hadn’t tried following.

When AJ slowed to a stop a top a small ridge, Maya stopped couldn’t resist just - flopping down into the grass. She lay there for a moment, trying to get her breathing under control. “Not your fault,” Maya said between breaths, shooting a glance up at AJ. “She wasn’t like….drooling or anything, was she?” Last wolf she came across with a little crazy had probably had rabies. She hadn’t thought of the big black wolf in some time now, but the crazy pale lady brought back those memories with a quickness.

She righted herself after a moment, rolling to her stomach and looking off towards the Alliance territory. She could smell pack scent now and she couldn’t help but think about visiting the guys. She’d wished they had been around last time.

Mar 28, 2018 06:38 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Okay, he was fine, Maya was fine. Panting, his tongue lolled as he dropped into a sit right by her side to assure himself she was okay. He jumped back up a second later when registered her question. 

“Wait- you think she might have been RABID?” He yelped, which with hindsight probably wasn’t a smart thing to be shouting about on a pack border. “I mean, can rabid wolves still talk to you? She sounded totally lucid, she said she was from some Soulfire something-something pack, and she wasn’t drooling, but she did totally snap and jump me with no warning.” And he didn’t consider himself a slouch when it came to combat, and she’d STILL floored him. 

“Urgh I can’t believe I’m suggesting this but maybe you ought to call for one of your Alliance buddies and we can ask them? They’re close to the mountains. If there’s some pack of rabid or just war-mongers up there they’ve probably heard.”

Mar 28, 2018 11:05 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Maya Kess Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

AJ’s reaction might have been funny, under other circumstances. As it was, Maya jumped a little and turned wide eyes towards AJ. She settled after a moment, shrugging. “I don’t know… The one I remember talked just fine. He just acted weird…really angry over nothing.” That’d been so long ago, back when she’d been traveling with Loki. “Didn’t know what being rabid was before I came here.” She shuddered a little - quite glad the big black wolf had never shown up again. Maybe he’d died from the disease. That’s what happened to rabid things, right?

AJ suggested calling for the Alliance, and while Maya definitely wouldn’t mind it, she hesitated. What if the pale wolf’s pack knew the Alliance? Would they believe Maya? She wasn’t sure if Atlas had any connection to the soulfire whatevertheheckitwas pack but Maya figured if he did, he might not think they were telling the truth. Or maybe that they were making shit up. Packs liked to stick together - a rogue wasn’t much of anything on their radar, usually. She just hoped whatever bit of friendship she’d struck up here would matter a little. She nodded anyway, sat up and sent out a long clear howl.

As it trailed off, Maya glanced over at AJ before casting yellow eyes back towards the land where the Alliance wolves lived - a little bit of excitement bubbling up. “At least, if they don’t know, we can warn them,” Maya declared. Atlas and Jay had been nice. Comet, too. She wouldn’t want them tangled up with a pack of wolves that would attack strangers on free land over nothing.

Mar 29, 2018 01:05 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ flinched and actually looked worried for a minute. “This valley is amazing. It’s totally suck if there were rabid wolves around. I’d heard of it before though, back on the east coast apparently there was a strain of it sweeping the area before I was born - anyway. Total bummer to talk about.” He fell quiet and listened to Maya howling, then impulsively he joined in as well. 

Who knew. Maybe Josalyn would hear. Seeing her gorgeous golden face would certainly cheer AJ up after all this negativity.

Mar 29, 2018 08:56 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Josalyn Vedi Madison
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 helper lonelythreads profile

Two howls rang up on the eastern side of the borders. The woods in which she shared Poet’s den were relatively close to the source of the sound, and though she didn’t immediately recognize the voices, she was inclined to respond. Standing among the trees, she threw back her head and uttered a long call in response.

Josalyn was getting a lot better at this whole pack life thing again. Life was slowly starting to feel normal. It probably helped that she was working toward building a relationship with the last connection she had to her brother, and that she had Poet by her side, too. There was no falter in her confidence when she set off to greet the callers, certain that whatever they were here for, Josalyn could probably help. And if not, she could always call for Atlas herself. It would be fine. There was nothing to worry about.

A smile situated on her lips as she walked, her jagged pace easy and casual.

(will arrive next round)

Mar 29, 2018 10:00 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Maya Kess Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Maya couldn’t help but agree. It would make this valley a lot less appealing if there were rabid wolves wondering around. Maya sighed, nodded her agreement and pulled herself to her feet, anticipating the arrival of the Alliance wolves. Would Atlas or Jay show up this time? Last time, it’d been a woman named Josalyn, and while she’d been nice enough, Maya had been hoping for one of the guys. She couldn’t help but grin then, sliding a look over at AJ. Rabid wolf talk was a downer. She could lighten the mood, maybe.

Your precious Josalyn might show up. Bet you’d like that,” She grinned, mischievous.

Mar 29, 2018 10:12 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ aimed a playful shove at Maya’s shoulder, but there was no real force behind it - the notion that Astred might have been rabid was a real downer, downright dangerous, and there was no swift recovery from that.

“Firstly, don’t refer to her as my Josalyn. That perpetuates the implication of an ownership over females by males that is totally false to the way the world works - or at least it ought to be.” He replied without missing a beat for this oddly sincere speech.

“Secondly, what makes you think a respectable smokin’ hot pack wolf like Josalyn doesn’t have every straight guy and probably half the non straight ones in the pack sniffing after her?” He snorted with a playful eye roll, but there was no disguising the way his head snapped towards the replying howl.

“She IS coming though.” Smugness. And relief. And eager anticipation. There was no denying he liked the golden woman. But it was a harmless crush, it wasn’t like AJ was actually READY to settle down with anyone. Especially with a pack wolf. Even a pack that seemed as decent as the Alliance.

Mar 29, 2018 10:25 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Josalyn Vedi Madison
Achievements (?)

Josalyn moved at a steady pace, peering through the bushes as she made her way toward the sound. At one point, her eyes suddenly began to water and her nose tickled, and a small sneeze passed from her maw, stopping her in her tracks. She blinked and sniffed, shaking her head with a small laugh. “Someone must be talking about me,” she murmured, and carried on.

It took a few more minutes for her to finally pick out their bodies among the trees. A darker female and an agouti male. She recognized the pair: Maya and AJ.

“Hi guys,” she called, waving her tail amicably as she approached. She wasn’t entirely surprised to see them again - but maybe, like last time, they were hoping for one of the boys. She’d hold off calling for them until she knew for sure.

Mar 29, 2018 10:54 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Maya Kess Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Maya pitched her head up and let loose a bark of laughter as AJ went on a little tyrant. She rolled her eyes, shoving her shoulder playfully into his space. “Okay, okay, jeez, not yours.” Oh, but he wasn’t done. She just kept grinning.

Maybe she’s just waiting for the right wolf to come along and sweep her off her feet,” Maya teased, shoulders wiggling with the words. She snorted quietly. She figured he was right, she probably had someone here in the pack she was attached to. But that didn’t mean Maya couldn’t give him shit for his little infatuation.

She straightened up and shut up when she caught sight of Josalyn’s golden fur through the trees as she made her way towards them. Maya’s tail wagged happily at her heels, letting out a quiet woof of greeting. “Hiya, Josalyn!” Maya called back.

There was a bit of disappointment that it was Atlas or Jay, again, but she reigned it in. She just hoped they were alright. Maybe after the whole conversation about wolves with rabies was over, she could ask about them.

Mar 29, 2018 12:09 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Another elbow shoved, gently, at Maya’s ribcage. AJ nipped at her ear for good measure. “Trust me. She’d have a boi alread-” Josalyn was RIGHT THERE and it was probably polite to stop whispering about her potential love life in front of her. AJ straightened up and flashed a grin, but his usually sparkling eyes were graver now.

“Jos, thanks for coming.” He told her, sitting down, but staying safely beside Maya. He was still half-hoping this too-good-to-be-true golden woman would expose some glaring personality fault to him. He needed more of an incentive than ‘she’s part of a pack’ to stop his head over heels tumble for her.

“I just had a run in with some wolf form a Soulfire something pack, you happen to know ‘em?”

Mar 29, 2018 09:12 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Josalyn Vedi Madison
Achievements (?)

The golden girl smiled warmly at them, relishing their familiarity. Of course, she was completely unaware that just seconds earlier, she had been the subject of their conversation. She didn’t suspect anything of it when she approached them, golden gaze settled warmly between the two.

She paused and cocked her head thoughtfully at AJ’s question. “Soulfire… Soulfire Covenant?”

Yes, she recalled there being a pack of that name. She had met wolves from there a few months back. They had invited her in for a tour, but by then, she heard Poet calling for her and had to bail. She’d completely forgotten about them until now.

“What happened?”

Mar 29, 2018 11:44 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Maya Kess Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

If Josalyn hadn’t been so close, just then, she might have let out an undignified screech at the nip aimed at her ear. As it was, she just shimmied sideways and shot a glare of mock-exasperation towards AJ.

She sobered further when AJ when on to start explaining what had happened. Maya sunk into a sit as well, nodding along until Josalyn spoke up in response to AJ’s question.

Josalyn seemed to know of the pack that AJ was talking about, and that just made Maya more hesitant - afraid Josalyn might side with the pack wolf since she knew the pack. She straightened subtly, “Some lady jumped AJ.” She glanced at him, then, just a quick flick of the eyes before they turned back to Josalyn. “You called for me and she attacked you right?” She’d been so afraid the wolf was gonna try and hurt her, she hadn’t paid much mind to anything except getting the hell out of there.

She tried chasing us down - yelling about something.” Maya remembered that much, but by then, her heart had been pounding in her ears. It’d been hard to hear anything other than the rushing of her blood.

Last wolf who acted crazy like that…I was told had rabies,” Maya muttered, shiver creeping across her skin.

Mar 31, 2018 07:28 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ shared Maya’s wariness, not sure if Josalyn might say her pack was allies with the mountain wolves. But surely if they had a rabid female, they’d want to know themselves? AJ certainly wasn’t thinking of going himself though. He was going to give the mountains he’d enjoyed so much a very wide birth from now on.

“Right.” He agreed, a bit subdued. “She seemed normal enough if a bit stiff and formal, you know the type. She asked if I knew some Kingdom and I remembered you’d mentioned it in passing before Maya so that’s when I called you, and then.” He slacked a paw down on the ground to indicate the sudden of the attach. Aware that made him look like a bit of a pansy he hastily added “I’m no slouch when it comes to a tussle if I have to, and I threw her off. But the way this girl moved - she was fast. Strong too.” He got a tiny bit defensive on the last word, as if both girls might be judging him for being tackled to the ground by a girl.

“But yeah. She gave a bit of a chase, but when Maya said there’s been rabid wolves in this valley before - you guys heard anything?” AJ’s face was composed and serious, for once. Rabies was nothing to joke around about. It killed people. And as far as every wolf he’d talked to about it knew, there was no cure either.

Mar 31, 2018 09:56 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Jay Allyn Vibe
Achievements (?)

He’d been more than a little bit roused when not one, but two unfamiliar calls sounded down along the eastern side of the Alliance territory, near the creek. Though they hadn’t exactly sounded panicked, or threatening, and a response from a fellow Alliance member was quickly given - albeit from one Jay was less familiar with. With no way of knowing if anyone else had heard, he still felt inclined to investigate, even though he was a bit further away than he would’ve liked.

Whoever was going down there would be outnumbered if, for some reason, whoever had called decided they didn’t feel like being nice.  And though Jay hoped that wasn’t the intent, he preferred to know for certain. It wasn’t very often that two visitors came by, which was the biggest cause for his uncertainty. If two wolves were showing up on their borders, Jay was inclined to believe it was for more than just a social call. Even if it wasn’t, though, it would be nice to greet them as well, to show a second face. Find out what was going on.

So he’d set off, making his way down and through the trees and shrubs at a slightly faster pace than normal. As he grew closer to the source of where he’d heard the initial calls, multiple scents - one of which he recognized as Alliance - as well as voices became detectable. So it seemed that the other Alliance wolf had already beaten him down here, though that wasn’t unexpected.

Letting out an attention grabbing bark, Jay opted to make his presence known. He was on his way.

//Hopefully y’all don’t mind the addition of Jay, here..

Apr 01, 2018 01:49 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Josalyn Vedi Madison
Achievements (?)

Josalyn nodded, listening attentively. Of course, when Maya began the story with “Somebody jumped AJ”, Josalyn couldn’t help but feel immediate concern for the boy and glanced his way, briefly scanning him for signs of injury. He looked okay, though.

The pair told their story, adding in a few details that Josalyn found interesting - mention of a Kingdom, which she hadn’t heard of before, and that she had chased them, and was yelling, and then… rabies.

The word made her stomach drop. Josalyn’s eyes widened slightly as the implications of it hit her immediately. Whatever wag her tail had ceased that moment, falling limp against her haunches as she looked between them. Had they met a rabies infected wolf? Rabies, here? In her home? Again?

“Where are they?” she asked, voice hardening with desperate concern. “Did she follow you here? Did either of you get bitten?”

Another quick examination suggested that they were both fine, but she didn’t want to run any unnecessary risks. If there was a wolf running around here afflicted with rabies, they had to do something about it. Fast.

Her hackles lifted slightly at the bark uttered from nearby, and her eyes snapped in that direction, spotting the cream coloured form of an unfamiliar wolf. But he carried the scent of the Alliance on him. She relaxed, but only slightly.

Apr 03, 2018 12:49 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.