Roleplay Forums | Map

Flamingos are pink cuz they eat shrimp
[summons] aw! | cloudy | morning | at TV borders, callin for da wolfos!

Name Player
Marcellus Rousseau Isabel

Marce hadn’t been able to bring all of his herbs with him. Some of them had gone bad with time, others he’d just flat out lost from traveling so much. And, of course, there were those that he’d used on wolves who’d needed them. In other words, Marce was herbless and needed to restock. Ace needed an herb that could help with something that sounded like depression, and while Marce knew he could just offer shrooms, he didn’t want to get the kid hooked on anything. It wasn’t good to depend on something and then one day run out.

Selfishly, the healer also wanted to check out his old home, so he’d moseyed his way further north. Check out how things had turned out.

The closer he got to the labyrinth, the stronger the scent of wolves became. Had they ended up regrouping? Was the Union back? Suddenly excited, the large healer sent up a long, joyful howl, hoping to attract any of the pack wolves who’d once known him.

Mar 29, 2018 10:51 AM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Mar 29, 2018 11:06 AM by Marcellus ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

(*interrupts my posting order to nab this*)

Icarus was doing the usual route when he heard the call. He was already at the borders, so the volume of the howl had caught him off guard - like it was little more than a few meters away. Having been startled by it, Icarus paused to smooth out his fur again and headed toward the sound, tilting his head up to utter a short howl in response.

He was starting to like the idea of strangers calling at the borders. His borders. The Vanguard’s borders. They were a real thing, now. And just like real packs, they had real borders, and wolves who finally respected those borders. It was nice.

The masked boy caught sight of the man before long and woofed for his attention. “Hey there!”

Mar 29, 2018 10:58 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

OOC: *wraps Madison in warm hug*

There was a speedy reply, but the voice didn’t belong to a familiar wolf. Marce smiled all the same, tail swishing around in a friendly manner.

”’Eyo!” he returned, turning to look at the guy.

”Quick quesh for ya! Does this place still belong to the Union?” He couldn’t help but ask. The curiosity gnawed at him.

Mar 29, 2018 11:09 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

( :D <3 )

The masked boy came to a halt, grinning at the amicable presence of the stranger. Sure, it was nice that wolves respected the borders, but it was even nicer when they were friendly. He thought briefly of the female with the strange accent, and found himself doubting that she had a sense of humor at all. Maybe he’d be luckier with this guy.

Icarus tilted his head at his question. “Union?” he echoed thoughtfully.

Another female had come here mentioning her friend had been trying to start a pack. Icarus had heard rumors of a pack that existed in the labyrinth between the Order’s disbanding and his arrival here, too. Maybe that was the Union. He felt a flare of possessiveness when he recalled the male referring to the labyrinth as belonging to them.

“No such Union here. The labyrinth is home to the Twilight Vanguard,” he corrected, tail still a-wag. “And I’m their Chief, Icarus Dusk. Are you looking for someone?”

Mar 29, 2018 11:19 AM — Post #3

Name Player

Ah. Well, he supposed that was what happened when pack’s disbanded: new ones took their place. Marce nodded knowingly.

”Congrats on the new pack, then, man. This land used to belong to the Emerald Union, but it was short-lived. It’s a nice place, you’ve got yourself a good home.” He smiled, remembering the little shelter he’d once found when he’d met Malkeen.

”I’m Marcellus Rousseau, former healer of the Emerald Union and Silu Tribe. Though, at this point I’m just a traveling healer… aaand no one calls me by my full name so Marce works just fine,” he introduced, tail still wagging.

”And n- actually, yeah. Have you seen a Laura by any chance? Adrian? Pace? Yuna? Do the names ring any bells? Do you know if they’re doing okay?” The male settled into his haunches, making himself comfortable right where he was.

Mar 29, 2018 11:52 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus wasn’t sure what he was expecting after delivering the news, but he was glad the stranger received it well. He even congratulated him, explained the previous pack - the Emerald Union - had lived there, and told him he had a good home, as if Icarus hadn’t been born and raised in the damn place. It occurred to him a moment later that the meeting could have gone wildly different if this stranger was just a hint more bitter about the Union being gone.

“Thanks,” he said quickly. “I was born here, so…”

He didn’t have much time to keep talking. The stranger went on, introducing himself as Marcellus and designating himself as a former healer for both the Union and another pack called the Tribe. His brow furrowed as he tried to recognize the Tribe, but nothing immediately came to mind. Marce. Okay. He nodded.

And he kept nodding when Marce went on about a bunch of wolves, spouting a milieu of names that began to make him dizzy. His nodding shifted into a slow, confused shake of his head as none of the names proved familiar to him.

“I don’t know any of them,” he confessed.

It was funny, though, how almost all of those wolves were connected to the ones he did know.

“Were they members of the Emerald Union too?”

Mar 29, 2018 11:58 AM — Post #5

Name Player

”Oh! Hey welcome back home, then! I’m not sure how the Union started but I hope they didn’t push you out of your home?” Marce commented, doubting that Chaos would have ever pushed anyone out of anywhere. Ah, Chaos.

Icarus didn’t know any of the wolves mentioned. Marce’s smile faltered defeatedly. ”Some, yeah. Others from the tribe. Oh well…” He paused. ”Do you have any herbalists here, by any chance?” he asked, shifting the questions over to another subject.

”There’s a kid who needs something to ease something that sounds like depression. Unfortunately, I don’t really have any herbs on me.” Ah, the cons of being a traveling healer.

Mar 29, 2018 12:30 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus maintained his smile, despite the presumptuous nature of the male’s comments. He figured the guy was just trying to be nice, though he couldn’t help but want to correct literally everything he said. Maybe it was just that Icarus was terribly proud of his origins. Being born in the labyrinth made him feel like he had a unique claim to it shared by nobody else - except perhaps Aksel, and maybe even Dalus and Tara, if his siblings ever returned to him.

“No, I was probably still a million miles away when that happened,” he answered with a shake of his head. Whenever the Union had been formed, it had happened while Icarus was still wandering.

Icarus did notice the slip in the male’s smile, and committed the names to memory. Laura, Adrian, Pace, Yuna. Some of them were from the Union and others from the Silu Tribe. He would add them to the list of wolves he was keeping an eye out for.

His interest was piqued, however, when he mentioned a kid who was in need of medical attention. “Is he nearby?” Icarus asked, peering past the male as if he had been hiding him somewhere.

“We have a medic, her name’s Opal. I can call for her? Unless you know what you need. I know a little bit, but I have no idea what to give for depression…” he trailed off, brow furrowed. Would Opal know? Probably. She knew everything about herbs, it seemed. It only occurred to him later that it might not have been a great idea to offer their herb stores to complete strangers, or invite them into the territory, but Icarus’ experience with bringing strangers into his home thus far had been positive. Surely, a guy like this wouldn’t pose a threat.

Mar 29, 2018 06:29 PM — Post #7

Name Player

Marce was about to ask why the guy had left his homeland, but he figured it really wasn’t any of his business. Many wolves ended up leaving home, some came back and others didn’t. It was the way of life.

“Yeah, he’s nearby. He passed out the other day so I’ve been wanting him to just take it easy.” Instead of following him around everywhere, but Marcellus had no clue whether Ace was snooping around in the shadows.

“Mostly he just needs food to help with that starved state of his and either bracted vervain or St. John’s Wort for the depression.” Only after saying that did Marce realized that he probably looked like a liar. He had no proof on him that there was a starved wolf under his care and he was asking for food—something some rogues tended to like to steal. “If you need proof of my honesty we can go find him?” Marce offered questioningly.

Mar 30, 2018 09:21 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus nodded. So the kid was probably nearby, and probably definitely not doing so well if he had passed out. Icarus was still trying to think of what herbs he could provide when the male gave him a few: bracted vervain (cool name, but he had no idea what it was) and St. John’s Wort (weird name, but he still had no idea). Depressed seemed to be the primary issue, though he had mentioned needing food, too. They still had a fairly rich cache - Icarus was certain they still had a few scraps of the bear left over. That thing had lasted them for weeks.

“Would rosemary help?” he asked, recalling that Opal told him it would have soothing qualities if eaten. He had no idea. Maybe she’d have the herbs he asked for.

The masked boy looked past Marcellus again, as if expecting his companion to manifest out of thin air. “Yeah, bring me to him,” he nodded in agreement. It would probably be better for Icarus to see the kid first so he could gauge how bad his condition was. If need be, they had more than enough resources in the labyrinth to take care of him.

Mar 30, 2018 09:41 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Ace Adrian Jeames

Ace was resting a little ways off. He was just lying there in a daze, staring into nothingness. His eyes were not doing good. He could still see, but objects in the distance were becoming more blurry. Ace did not know for how long his eyesight would stay. Would he go fully blind?

With a sigh, he started licking his paws. They were muddy.

[Skippable for now]

Mar 30, 2018 09:55 AM — Post #10

Name Player

”Yeah actually rosemary would help as long as we don’t give him too much,” the healer replied, nodding. He was glad the guy had some herb knowledge to share. Two healers was healthier than one!

Marce turned in Ace’s direction, following his scent and the memory of where he’d last seen him. ”He seems to be a bit of a sad guy, so just… Positive, happy stuff is what he needs. Like yeah herbs can help, but sunshine and rainbows, too, you know?”

He picked up his pace slightly, eyes scanning the woods. ”Ace?” he called.

Mar 30, 2018 10:52 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus felt a flourish of pride when the male confirmed rosemary could help. As long as they didn’t give him too much. Icarus remembered that, too - Opal said that eating too much could cause him to… what was it? Vomit, or give him diarrhea, or poison him or something. The point was, it was bad.

He picked up his pace to trot next to Marcellus, cocking his head at the man’s instructions. “Oh, you don’t need to tell me twice! When it comes to sunshine and rainbows, I am so bright it’s blinding.”

The pride remained, if effervesced at the confession. Icarus was literally all smiles and flowers all the time. Sometimes, he feared it might be too much for his companions. But Ross was the grumpiest guy among them, and he stuck around, so really, Icarus couldn’t be that bad, right? He knew how depression was sometimes, though. He’d have to go about this carefully.

“His name’s Ace, yeah?” he caught on, then tossed his head, uttering a call of his own, “Aaaace!”

Mar 30, 2018 11:01 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Ace Adrian Jeames

Ace did not know what to do beside lay here and be bored. He wanted something to do, but the longer he laid here, the more he thought of his disabilities and the more he hated himself. Just hate. Just sadness. On and on and on and on…
And then, he heard someone call his name. Ace assumed it was Marcellus, but he did not respond. All he did was force himself up to his paws, struggling. A second call made him confused, though. This voice was different. Had Marcellus brought someone along? What? Why?

’’Here.’’ he called out, but his voice was not very enthusiastic. Ace did not know what to expect. Were more wolves going to try and look after him, and baby him now? The kid was seriously so surprised only one wolf had tried to kill him, so far.

Mar 30, 2018 11:13 AM — Post #13

Name Player

Marce chuckled at the younger man’s statement. ”Don’t wanna blind him, I think he’s already en route to that, too,” the healer replied, laughter dimming to a weak smile. That was an awful joke. He’d made an awful joke. ”Gah sorry, my joke was bad. Just. Yeah. Ignore that,” he pleaded, shaking his head at himself. And all this time he’d thought himself a mature adult.

Ears perked at Ace’s delayed response, and soon after, pace increased yet again. It wasn’t hard to spot the white fluff among all the greenery. ”Hey bud! This is Icarus, he can help out,” the medic introduced, tail wagging joyfully behind him.

Mar 30, 2018 11:57 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Marce cracked a joke about the kid probably going blind. Icarus laughed out of impulse, and then paused, his voice withering as he actually thought about it. Was… was the kid actually going blind, or was Marcellus just joshing him?

He didn’t have time to question it. The voice rose up from the undergrowth nearby, attracting Icarus’ attention as he scanned the trees for signs of the boy. He saw him a moment later, a skinny thing, more a pile of bones than an actual wolf.

“Hey br-WOW!” he exclaimed, eyes widening as he took in the boy’s details in full. Despite his lack of weight, his fur looked like it might have been white as snow beneath all the dirt and mats. And sure, the surprise might have been, in part, due to his unhygienic appearance, but it was also inspired by the flash of his pink nose and his otherworldly pink eyes. “You got gorgeous eyes!” he said warmly.

It wasn’t hard for Icarus to lapse into his usually flirtatious approach. Every now and then, he ran into another wolf whose very presence practically screamed for Icarus to loll adoringly over them. And in the case of this guy, maybe Icarus could away with cleaning him up, too.

The masked boy gave a friendly tilt of his head and smiled. “A little birdie told me you were on the hunt for something to nosh. Lemme ask ya, you ever try bear before?” he asked, eyes crinkling mischievously.

Sunshine and rainbows. Sunshine and rainbows. Icarus was going to use every trick in the book to cheer this poor guy up. He certainly looked like he needed it.

Mar 30, 2018 12:13 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.