Roleplay Forums | Map

Sincerely, your best friend
Early autumn, around a day after meeting Asaya, moving south.

Sincere is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Sincere Jeames

She had woken up, and he had not been there. Tyson had left without saying goodbye. It left Sincere a little bit disappointed. He could have at least said goodbye to her, right? She would have liked to see his face again upon waking up, before they went their separate ways. But it looked like he’d had different plans. Maybe that was why they decided to meet up at a big body of water.

Sincere followed the river like she had been told to do. Quietly. The sky was getting lighter. It was becoming day again. Her first official day in this valley. It was kind of… exciting. She wasn’t sure where exactly she was going but she knew she was following the river south. First south… then she would have to follow it upstream. It would have to split off somewhere, no?

Apr 01, 2018 05:53 PM

[ ignore ]
Arren is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

Aggressively wiggles! Lonely for too long!

His paws rarely stopped moving.

He’d left the Evergreen Forest. For a time or for good, Arren couldn’t say. He liked the woods. Specifically, he liked the not-woods in the evergreens—the open space between the trees, where the slanted morning light filtered down, dappling the moss as if the patches of brightness were indicators of where he was meant to travel.

It was peaceful. A place he could settle and explore for the rest of his days, if he wanted to.

And in realizing that, he realized he was becoming an old codger.

Perhaps it was some last-ditch effort to return to his youthful wanderings that led Arren into the eastern plains. Another place he could wander, let loose and score the earth with deep claw marks as he sprinted for no reason other than the thrill of it. Reaching them had been disappointing, though. He guessed that was another realization that came with age. Not everything held the same appeal it once did.

At least he’d learned how to hold a conversation… somewhat more decently.

As the scent of another wolf drifted across the tousled grasses, his nose wiggled. A quick scan of the range was enough to let him see another wolf some paces away. Mostly dark-furred, though with lighter undersides. If he continued down his path, he’d reach them eventually.

He gave a deep chuff in greeting. His paws didn’t stop moving.

Apr 07, 2018 12:23 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Sincere Jeames

[Eeeee <3333]

Sincere followed the river like she had been told to do. She felt a bit lonely. She had been lonely for a while now but after meeting Tyson she realized how lonely it actually felt. She hoped she would catch up to him soon. He might not want to travel with her, but that was okay… she would find other wolves if that was the case.

She noticed the other wolf, and smiled. Maybe they wanted to talk to her! A quick chat before she moved on and caught up to Tyson? That would be great! She heard the noise he made, and her tail wagged. ’’Hi there!’’ she called out happily, moving in their direction.

Apr 07, 2018 06:33 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

The wind on the prairies was tumultuous. It didn’t settle into his favor, blowing around in whorls, but as he approached the other wolf, Arren was still given the opportunity to analyze her scent. A she-wolf, and a traveler, if the lack of collective pack smell upon her coat was any indication.

They were two rogues then, crossing paths on the most unassuming of days—but he wasn’t unsettled. Meetings between his kind didn’t have to be as dire as they so often were rumored to be.

She trilled a happy greeting, and a warm smile came to his muzzle. As he slowed to a stop a few paces from her, he panted, his sprinting from earlier having brought his tongue to lolling from his jaws.

“Heya. Out for a walk?”

Apr 07, 2018 09:38 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Sincere Jeames

The wolf reached her, and Sincere realized he was a male. And wow, his coat was a striking bright color! It sure looked interesting and pretty. It reminded her a little of home, and yet at the same time it did not. Because her family at home was more brown and black and white. Still, he greeted her, and she believed he was a friendly face. Which was always good!

’’Hiii.’’ she said happily, tail wagging. ’’Sort of? I’m on my way to meet up with a friend. He told me to follow the river.’’ she told the male, smiling. But then, she became a little uncertain. She was going in the right direction, right? ’’Um… do I follow the river downstream, and does it split off somewhere? If it does, do I follow it upstream to a lake?’’

Had Tyson been right about that? She was trying to get some good directions. Because she was in a different land and totally unfamiliar. And she had never really paid attention to upstream and downstream in rivers…

Apr 08, 2018 02:51 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

As the she-wolf came into his midst, Arren took a moment to study her coat. He’d never realized it until the present, the fact that his vision seemed to have lost some of its acuity. Only now she was closer did he see just how strikingly-colored she was, bronze and browns in sharp contrast to the milk-white of her undersides. Her eyes were pretty, too.

ANYWAY.

She detailed how she’d been following the river with the hopes of meeting a friend. Her joyous tone turned to a mix of sad and confused a moment later, and Arren suddenly found himself on the receiving end of a question he didn’t know how to answer.

“Um.” His jaw clicked up as he thought, pushing his tongue back into his mouth for the time being. “Well, I know the river keeps goin’ south for a ways. It’ll lead you to some hills if you follow it.”

Casting his gaze around, he hoped he might somehow magically garner the knowledge she needed in regard to a fork in the stream. But no such luck; he could not see far enough to answer with any certainty.

“Could walk with ya if you wanted to see if it splits somewhere down there?”

Apr 09, 2018 04:40 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Sincere Jeames

Hmmmmmmmmm. It looked like he did not really know, either. But, he said there were hills down south. Had Tyson said anything about hills? Nope, not that she could remember. Uhhhhh. ’’Okaaaaay.’’ she commented, taking in the information. She hoped she would be going the right way because damn, she was so scared of getting lost. Not because of the getting-lost-part, but because Tyson might think she was not going to see him, anymore. That she had moved on. But, that was not the case. She wanted to find him.

The male offered to walk with her, and the naive girl smiled, tail wagging. She grew a bit more excited, again. ’’Yes please! That would be very helpful!’’ she told him. The girl was not afraid to ask for help, nor for receiving it. And she was not afraid of this guy; he was nice!

Apr 10, 2018 01:55 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

At his offer, the she-wolf perked up like a flower receiving the sun after a long, dark storm. The sight summoned a bemused chuckle from his chest, his shoulders rolling with mirth.

“Alright. Let’s get goin’, then.”

Arren stepped forward to join her at the riverside. His tongue rolled from his mouth to loll once again with each step. He panted gently as he walked in the direction the current pushed, sniffing deeply to test the air for any other wolf-scents. Maybe, if he and the girl could find one, it’d give them more clues as to the course of the stream, where it led, who followed it in the past.

“Arren,” he murmured after a moment, struck by the thought introductions were still in order. Through a sidelong glance, he watched her without breaking stride. “And you, miss?”

Apr 10, 2018 11:35 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Sincere Jeames

He wanted to help her! Sincere was so glad! She jumped up and down a little when he came to join her side, happy that she had a friendly tour guide. He stared moving, and she was quick to follow his lead, as naive and submissive as ever. Sincere had no idea where to go, and this guy did. Or at least, she believed he did, and that’s why she followed him so blindly.

Arren. She looked at him, confused for a moment. But then he asked her a question and she realized he had just introduced himself. Sincere really had to get used to these interesting sounding names. ’’Oh, nice to meet you, Arren! My name’s Sincere!’’ she said, excitedly. Her tail wagged.

’’Everyone here have such interesting and pretty names!’’

Apr 11, 2018 02:32 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

Her name was… Sincere?

Arren turned his head, facing her in earnest. One ear twitched idly, as if he were considering if he’d heard her right. Had she said, I’m Sincere, or Call me Sincere, maybe he’d have felt even more doubtful. But, no—she’d introduced herself as that, and deliberately.

Huh.

He was taken from his thoughts at her following comment, which earned her another chuckle. The irony was amusing.

“Sincere, huh? Can’t say I’ve heard that one.” He grinned at her, meaning to say he thought hers was about as interesting, in his own roundabout way. “So, who’s the friend you’re lookin’ for? If we don’t find him here, I can keep an eye out.”

Apr 11, 2018 11:10 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Sincere Jeames

’’Yeah, Sincere. It’s actually a normal name in my family. I have a cousin called Curious, and a brother called Adventurous. My other brother is called Protective. My mother is called Forgiving… etc.’’ Sincere explained to the male, smiling. ’’The name Arren is very unusual to me.’’ Yep.

’’His name is Tyson. He looks quite normal. Brown coat with whites and greys. And grey eyes. He’s a big guy!’’

Apr 12, 2018 02:03 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Arren Thorn Jill

Ah. As the she-wolf explained the thought process behind her name—and those of her family members—Arren offered an understanding nod. It wasn’t the first time he’d heard of wolves being named for a virtue, having met wolves who’d named themselves, after all.

The choices were just… a little unusual. He supposed Arren could be, too, though.

“I gotcha. Guess Sincere must be a compliment to you, then.”

He grinned mischievously at her and turned to the river once again, though an ear remained in her direction.

The wolf she was looking for was Tyson. Big guy, brown and white, grey eyes. Some sort of characteristic marking might have made him an easier target, but Arren committed the details to mind nonetheless.

“I’ll be on the lookout, you got it.”

And then.

“So, what happens if someone in your family is really stupid? What’d'ya call them?” Cue another playful grin.

Apr 16, 2018 06:46 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Sincere Jeames

Sincere giggled at his response. ’’Yeah, I guess. Though I don’t really see it as a compliment or a title. Just more as a… name? I dunno.’’ Sincere wasn’t all ‘’ listen to my name I’m so good’’. She was not that type of wolf. Maybe that’s why the name fit her so well.

Oh, Arren had a good question. But Sincere just laughed in response, finding him a silly. ’’We’re all called for our most positive trait. Everyone has a positive trait, how annoying they sometimes can be.’’ Sincere told Arren, and she believed that. ’’My brother Adventurous has always been very stubborn, and sometimes he threw tantrums over arguments he lost, but he loved going out, and exploring for things. He always came back with something new, and showed it to the pack. That’s why he got the name he has today. His adventurous nature actually showed us new sights and smells. Most of us always stayed home… so it was a positive change. He made me want to go out, actually.’’

Her brother was the reason she was here today, searching for new wolves and new lands, learning new things.

Apr 17, 2018 01:45 AM — Post #12

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.