Roleplay Forums | Map

Curious George
Early Autumn/ 79 F/ afternoon/ Sunny

Curious is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

The sun was high in the sky when the girl entered a new land. Grass turned into sand… something she so far wasn’t a fan of. Her nose kept to the ground, sniffing for anything she could get into.

Addy, what she called her cousin, was one of her favorite playmates as a child. She would find something worth getting into, then the pair would explore it. Man, Curious sure did miss her family.

The woman imagined they were all ok, though. Sad thoughts were only going to slow her down, and of course make her unhappy. Curious wanted neither of those. Right now, she was trying to figure out where she was.

Apr 01, 2018 07:59 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus was curious, too.

Curious who this new scent, so near his island, belonged to. It was a habit of his to keep tabs on those that passed through the bay. Call it border patrol, if you like, though certainly he hadn’t bothered to claim the bay itself. The island was his pearl, his pride, his. The bay was merely the way to pass to it.

Seeing a stranger in the distance, he straightened himself and began to trot toward her, a short bark of greeting being sent out ahead.

Apr 01, 2018 08:15 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

The girl was not bothered by strangers. This didn’t mean she wasn’t wary, but her curious nature tended to get the better of her.

Therefore, when an unknown bark caused her head to turn, Curious waved her tail. Her head shot up and her shoulders went back into a more polite stature.

The man began to come her way, and as he neared… his frame grew larger. Was he a fellow traveler? Perhaps he could give her direction. So many questions went through her mind. Would any if them dampen her curiosity?

Apr 01, 2018 08:38 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She turned toward him, apparently pleased by the prospect of company, so he put on a decently welcoming smile and slowed within a reasonable distance, then stopped entirely. His head bobbed an inch or so lower, and he blinked solemnly. “Good afternoon, madam. I’ve not seen you here before,” he observed, opening the conversation with hopes that she would reveal what she might be looking for. The foot traffic in these parts was minimal- perhaps she was lost.

Apr 02, 2018 04:39 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

The brown woman watched as the larger man came closer. Her greenish blue eyes took in as much if his features as she could. He was a curious specimen.

Silvery white pelt with equally grey eyes that appeared cold, but his stature showed a welcoming stranger. His greeting and statement snapped her out if the trance.

Curious turned her head and smiled. “You are correct,” she replied. She indeed had not been around here. “I do apologize if I intruded on you or anyone else who lives around here,” she said.

Now that she took a good sniff, Curious could tell there were multiple scents. The idea if either a traveling group or pack came to her mind. Most likely a pack… it seemed more logical.

The only problem was, where were the markers? Little did she know they lived out in the water.

Apr 02, 2018 10:06 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The stranger seemed respectful enough, a trait that made him more willing to relax to her presence. At her apology, he shook his head with a kind smile. “No man’s land, here,” he said, gesturing to the bay itself. “I patrol the shores only to keep tabs on the comings and goings, due to the proximity to my home, you understand.”

Apr 02, 2018 10:48 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

Curious gave a simple nod as he replied. So where did they live? Maybe a little farther back into the land… it sure seemed to stretch a good ways from what the girl could see.

“I indeed understand. If I may be so bold, where do you claim your home?” She asked. Her posture didn’t shrink with nervousness, but it stayed erect and respectful.

Apr 02, 2018 10:53 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She asked a question, and Crixus hesitated. Not out of fear, but simply calculation. He could tell her, of course, and it would likely make no difference.. but he didn’t need her running off to tell the whole valley about his territory without him even having a good idea of her character.

His smile changed, slightly, though it was still pleasant. “I am not in the business of giving away information, my dear.. but I do make trades.” His lip crinkled upward, exposing a single canine in a small smirk. “Security measures, you’ll sympathize, I’m sure. What is your name?”

Apr 02, 2018 11:11 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

The woman dipped her muzzle slightly as if saying: Ok, what game you wanna play? “I do. I would want to protect whatever belonged to me… especially if a stranger began to ask questions,” she replied.

“But do forgive me kind sir… it is my name,” she paused. “Curious, my name is Curious,” she had to emphasize. Normally wolves just stared at her and asked the name question again. However, there was no time for second guessing if she were going to be getting information and moving on.

Besides, this guy had things to do, right? “And yours?” She inquired. “If you name and home site is a package deal. If not,” she trailed off into a thoughtful mind. “Then I’d prefer the home site, so if I wish to return, I know where to stay clear of,” she insisted.

Apr 02, 2018 11:19 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus sat, an amused look on his face. “Curious you are,” he said. “My name is Crixus. But how do you know you’d like to stay clear of my home, if you haven’t even visited?” He gave her a mock-wounded expression, as if offended that she wouldn’t like to see where he lived. “It’s really a lovely place.”

He paused, watching her for a moment, but this wolf was clearly no threat, worried as she was with interfering with his boundaries. He rolled his head on his neck to gesture over his shoulder, across the water, where the island sat nestled among the fog that seemed a permanent fixture of the bay, despite the sunshine beaming brightly upon the shores.

Apr 02, 2018 11:31 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

Crixus, the two ‘Cs’. His name had a hard sound to it. If he ever wished to go into the ‘fear Jr’s business, then he would have the perfect name already.

His reply to her name caused her idle features to turn into an amused smile, just a small one. In fact, the girl was holding back a chuckle, but her chest bounced slightly with the notion.

His hurting words caused her chuckle to become more apparent. “Well, if it pleases you… you could give me a tour if you’d like,” she paused. Her words added on to the playful banter. “I couldn’t deem your home lovely until I see it, anyway,” she dared to say.

He most likely didn’t care what her opinion was, but didn’t every wolf appreciate some praise?

“It’s the least I can do, since I dragged you all the way out here with my presence,” she stated. Her nose wiggled as she peered over his shoulder at the island. How strange, it peaked her curiosity. Wolves living on an island? This was foreign.

Apr 02, 2018 11:44 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh, he could give her a tour, could he? His brows rose slightly, and his tongue poked out to slide across his whiskers as he thought about how to handle this situation. Did he want to bring her to the island? Mm, unlikely, unless she had something to offer him- and that remained to be seen.

“What makes you think you can make the swim, Curious?” On calm days like today, the bay was certainly swimmable.. for a strong wolf. Come the winter storms, though, even Crixus would hesitate to risk the crossing.

Apr 02, 2018 11:49 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

Curious watched the male carefully, still not sure where they stood on the scale of being truly friendly or not. Over the years, the girl figure out wolves could put masked on, but again, her curious nature would get the better of her and she would wind up not caring if she got hurt or not.

His question was a strange one. The woman walked a few places to the side and looked at the distance from the shore to the island. “I’m sure I can make it… you must be able to, unless you have a secret passage to reach your lovely home,” she said raising a brow as if silently asking: do you?

“The water seems calm enough, and temperature doesn’t bother me to much,” she stated. Curious was positive she could make it over. However, his question rose an uncertainty within her.

Apr 02, 2018 11:55 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The female seemed confident in herself, and he relaxed his posture a bit again, which had become somewhat rigid in his interest to see how she would respond. Hmph. “Of course I can make it,” he said, giving her a wink. “But I live there, after all.”

The big wolf got to his feet, taking his time to shake out his coat and then beginning to pad toward the shore. “If you feel comfortable with it, who am I to stop you? Come, my dear, I think you will just love it.” Assuming she would follow, he trotted to where the water began to lap at the sandy soil down the slopes. He wasn’t done, yet, though.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself, before we go? What do you value?” he asked, turning back to face her. It was a strange question, maybe, but more direct and useful than “where are you from?” or something of that sort that would give him no indication of who she was at her core.

Apr 02, 2018 12:02 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Curious Slash-GNR

His confident reply caused her lips to quiver into a smirk. An amusing man he was. Curious felt blessed to have ran into him after so a long journey here.

Crixus was very formal and polite, nothing new to her. She had ran into a few wolves before, who were proper and charming. Though not as charming as them, Curious enjoyed practicing the overly kind banter.

Her paws began to carry her lean frame across the shoreline, following the man. He honestly didn’t look like a beach wolf, but who was she to judge?

Her ears perked at his unusual question. “I value my family, wherever they are, and life. If you want to do something in the world, change it… then you have to live,” she explained. “Though I have no reason to go off conquering areas, if I could, I still yearn to learn. Smart wolves tend to live longer in my opinion,” she stated.

“Without life, everything would be dead… Without a purpose, and I find that a rather sad way to live,” she explained. Did that make an sense to him? Curious tended to say things that wouldn’t register in a simple mind. However, he proved he was a rather smart fellow.

“Also loyalty,” she said simply. She imagined he would understand why she said loyalty. It was a very admirable characteristic.

Apr 02, 2018 12:25 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus remained silent through Curious’s speech. Valued family. Check- he could certainly empathize with that. Life? Well, of course. She went on a bit of a long-winded digression at this point, and he found himself staring at her mouth flapping until she seemed to come back to the list. Loyalty, she added.

He smiled.

“Well then, Curious. I think you’ll find that on our island, family, life, and loyalty are of the utmost importance. Come.” With that, he stepped into the water, gave her one last glance, and surged forward into the depths. He wondered if she would make it to the shore.

Apr 02, 2018 07:58 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.