Roleplay Forums | Map

A Bull in a China Shop
| Morning after "Paying a Visit" | Aw! |

Name Player
Jacqueline Bissette Sabrina Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Jacqueline had slept surprisingly well during her first night in the caverns. She’d rather enjoyed having walls around her while she slept; they shielded her from the chilly night air. She’d never considered it before, but it was also nice not to have to sleep on damp soil for the first time in what felt like ages.

The ebony woman rolled onto her side after waking up. She didn’t feel tired after a good night’s sleep, but she didn’t have it in her to wake up just yet.  But then… She thought back to her tale from yesterday. Lucienne, who’d seen so much hardship in her life, probably wouldn’t find herself sleeping in, and especially not on such an important day.

So, begrudgingly, Jacqueline rose to her feet and stretched out her stiff muscles. For a moment, she missed Cynthia; she wouldn’t have minded a spar today. Aside from her travels, she’d been rather inactive lately. The lady dismissed the thought and padded to a more central area of the caverns, eyes and ears alert for anyone to interact with.

Now, what would she be doing today?

Apr 02, 2018 03:27 PM

[ ignore ]
Mintaka is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR

Mintaka was comfortably sleeping… Nestled up against the cold stone of the caverns. However… A new scent stirred the sleeping beauty from her slumber. Her shoulders rolled as she slowly raised herself.

Now who entered her caves? The golden girl padded toward the scent… Her head low and eyes narrow. She wore her frown like a prize. Who interrupted her slumber?

She appeared behind the stranger… But said nothing. Her scent could explain she was there.

Apr 02, 2018 04:25 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Auberon Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Auberon had been, very casually of course, walking past the room where the new lady had been sleeping throughout the morning. It wasn’t every day that a new lady showed up in the caverns in the middle of the night, and then was just there in the morning, sleeping amongst them.

When the big lady was finally awake Auberon saw her move out into the more main area of the caverns and glance around. Obviously she belonged here and was nice. Ma and Da wouldn’t have let anyone in who wasn’t nice. If she had shown up during daylight hours Auberon likely would have been at the entrance. Clearly there was something special about her.

“Hello. Who’re you?” He asked, approaching her with a wag. He saw Mintaka loitering behind her and he gave the golden girl a big grin - likely letting the new lady know there was someone behind her as well.

Apr 02, 2018 05:40 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

The big brute of a lady was aware of the scent of another behind her, though the jovial little thing in front of her was more pressing at the moment. Despite whatever her intentions were at the Evergreens, she had a soft spot for pups. Or, the smart and mannered ones, at least. The ones with potential.

And Lucienne would certainly like pups. That was the sole, disgusting reason she was here. She put a smile on her face. “Hello,” she said, then angled her body so she could speak to both the pups. She sat down, making herself comfortable. “I’m Lucienne. I’m here to help your parents,” she said kindly.

“And to whom do I have the honor of speaking?” she inquired, her amber eyes surveying the pair of children.

Apr 02, 2018 07:17 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR

The dark woman… if you could even call her that because she looked more like a man to Mintaka, sat down and welcomed the pair. Mintaka knew Auberon was here by his greeting. Quick greetings never suited the girl. She always liked to survey the intruder before speaking, if she did speak.

“Mintaka, Child of the Stars,” she stated. It was her title, and she never wanted to forget it because her birth mother gave it to her.

Luc’s next words hit her heart hard. If only her parents were here, they wouldn’t need help. Well, one died and one left without a reason or saying goodbye, so Mintaka had to live with what she had.

Therefore, she just nodded. “Are you a herbalist too?” She asked tilting her head. Her tail swayed as she stood, not wanting to sit down yet.

Apr 02, 2018 07:25 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Auberon Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her friendly greeting made Auberon’s tail wag all the faster behind him. As the bigger lady sat, Auberong sidled around her, smiling the whole way, so that he could press himself into Mintaka’s side. Wasn’t she excited too? There was a new wolf here to meet?

She did not sound super excited, and she also gave a weird introduction that Auberon wasn’t used to. She was just Mintaka, wasn’t she? Well, either way, Auberon had to introduce himself as well. “I’m Auberon!” If she knew about his parents, did she know about him and Minta and the other pups already too?

“Do you know how to hunt? What’d'you help with?” He smiled up at her, interested in what she’d be teaching them.

Apr 03, 2018 08:43 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Mintaka, Child of the Stars. Just like a child, to brandish titles and names around. The other one, Auberon, didn’t seem to have a cherished title to add to his name. Interesting. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” she purred. They were rather cute children. Raised well so far, it seemed.

They both had their questions for her, though Auberon seemed to naturally overshadow Mintaka with his vivaciousness. She wondered if there was any resentment there, or if Mintaka didn’t mind being the quiet one. So far, she wasn’t giving away much from her body language, but Jackie would certainly be looking for subtle clues. To sate her curiousity.

“No, I don’t know much about herbs,” she began, resting a soft amber gaze on the young woman, “But—I do know how to hunt fairly well.” She shifted her attention to Auberon now, to answer his question.

“And, where I come from, I was the best of the best at sparring,” she added, puffing out her chest and smiling. “Though, I’m not sure your parents will want me teaching you any of that.” A small chuckle followed this statement and she winked at the pair of pups—perfectly lighthearted on the surface, as any understanding wolf would sound. On the inside, however, Jacqueline thought it an unfortunate waste of potential. Leas and Rathbone hadn’t seemed to indulge in her idea of showing the pups necessary combat skills.

Apr 03, 2018 10:03 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR

Her friend quickly came over to her side. Though she was independent… The girl was also protective. So she allowed him to push himself against her.

The golden child wasnt really interested until the lady said she was good at sparring. “I know what that is!” she quickly said as one paw stepped forward slightly. Ok… She was a bit excited now. It was only because she would have a sparring partner now. Someone who could teach her how to defend herself.

This was good. Very good. “Can you teach me?” she asked tilting her head as she perked her ears.

Apr 04, 2018 06:52 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Auberon Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Though Mintaka didn’t seem to react to his presence one way or another, he flashed the girl a smile for their good luck in finding this new friend for them both. The dark boy smiled widely at the mention of hunting. That was something he continued to get better and better at, eventually he’d be as good as his da.

The next thing she said made Auberon cock his head to the side, particularly when Mintaka said she knew what it was. “Wait, what is it?” He lifted his head back to Lucienne for her to answer. “If Mintaka learns then I wanna too.” He added at the end, adamant that she wasn’t going to get to learn some fun new thing that he didn’t get to know about.

Though…why would ma and da not like them to learn about it? “Is it bad…?” He asked more slowly. If it was bad then they couldn’t learn, and he’d make sure Mintaka didn’t learn either. He might go check with his father later regardless. But, if this lady could explain, then maybe he wouldn’t have to and it would be fine.

Apr 04, 2018 07:45 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Jacqueline was rather pleased to have found that one of the whelps was eager to learn how to spar. Lucienne, however, was conflicted, because she wouldn’t want to upset Leas and Rathbone and go against their wished. She supposed she’d have a conversation with them about it.

And Auberon. He had his own reasons for wanting to learn to spar. She wasn’t sure if he was being competitive or naive. Perhaps both. She explained for him: “Sparring is like adult play-fighting,” she began. “It teaches you your strengths and weaknesses so that you can defend yourself in the real world. It teaches you strength, wit, and courage, too; it’s not easy!” She nodded to herself, and added, “But it’s so rewarding.”

Jacqueline and Lucienne alike would have no qualms with teaching the pair—especially Mintaka—what she knew about sparring. It would also be a good opportunity to bond with the pups and get to know them better. The issue were the guardians, of course. How terrible would it look if she started teaching their children to spar after not even a day of lodging with them?

The sleek woman looked at the pair, musing, judging their expressions. How was Auberon feeling about it, now that he knew what it was? Did he still wonder if it was bad?

“I’ll tell you what,” she cooed, “Give me some time to adjust here, darlings. To help hunt and patrol and do whatever else is needed. And when I have free time, I’ll approach Leas and Rathbone about teaching whoever wants to learn.” There. That would be her plan for the time being. It was respectful to the adults, and it would satisfy the children.

And if the guardians didn’t like it, well.. They might have to do some sneaking around.

Apr 04, 2018 07:20 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR

The golden girl watched the dark lady. Maybe this was the best thing Leas could do right now. She basically gift dropped a mentor to her, so that she could fight and be stronger. A sly smirk slid across her features until the boy said he wished to learn too.

This kinda irritated the independent girl. Why couldn’t she be special in something? Auberon had to learn too because Mintaka learned something? That meant everything she did, he would follow. And that wasn’t how she rolled.

Though the pup loved her best friend, she just wished she could be better at something than him… be unique.

Her amber eyes turned back up to Luc. At the word ‘fighting’ Mintaka couldn’t help but scrap her claws against the cold stone. “Can I hunt and patrol with you?” She asked quickly. Maybe they could sneak some training in while they were out by the border.

Apr 04, 2018 07:36 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Auberon Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The dark boy paid careful attention to what was said. The way the lady explained it, it didn’t seem bad. In fact, he had tried out that whole play-fighting thing before and his gaze slid to try to meet Mintaka’s when the woman said it. The golden girl seemed to be smirking which Auberon didn’t understand the purpose of her expression either.

“I wanna learn,” Auberon piped up eagerly before Lucienne could say no for sure. The dark woman said she had to settle in and talk to his parents, but surely they would say yes when Lucienne explained it like that. “I wanna learn how to protect my family and friends more.” He took a little eager step forward, looking up at her hopefully. She’d have to teach him cause Auberon was going to be the best vigil ever when he was bigger.

Mintaka had another great idea and Auberon bobbed his head up and down at that too. “Yeah, I’ll come too. We can practice together.” He turned his head and gave Mintaka a happy lick across her cheek. They’d get to spend even more time together doing things now.

Apr 04, 2018 08:17 PM — Post #11

[ Edited: Apr 04, 2018 08:23 PM by Auberon ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

She saw potential here. Mintaka seemed especially eager to learn; the way she’d scraped the floor did not go unnoticed. Auberon wanted to learn for such an innocent reason, though; Jacqueline didn’t see any potential in recruiting him. He’d never leave his family.

Unless Mintaka did, maybe? He seemed to care for her.

Either way, both pups seemed unafraid of hard work and were practically at her feet, begging to go on patrols and hunting expeditions with her. That was a good sign, for sure. Perhaps, despite what she’d heard of the Evergreens from Kaya, there was a lot of potential to work with here. It was just that damn familial bond that she would have to work around. The pack seemed close-knit. How could they not be, when they were essentially all siblings?

She smiled—a real, ‘Jacqueline’ smile, full of personality and fire—and peered down her muzzle at the pair. “I would be honored to have two young pupils with me.”

Apr 04, 2018 10:52 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Mintaka Slash-GNR

Mintaka almost leaped at Auberon when he said he would join them. However, she gritted her teeth and her muscles only twitched. Why couldn’t she do something on her own? It was like she had a flea on her, never leaving her side.

Auberon had to understand she had to do things on her own as well. Her ears perked as the woman agreed to teach them. Mintaka’s chest puffed out as she raised her head higher.

At least she would have someone to rough house with now, even if this lady was bigger, it was just more of a challenge.

Apr 07, 2018 08:09 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Auberon Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Auberon’s tail continued its near constant wag behind him. He sidled over to nudge at Mintaka’s shoulder. Wasn’t she excited? She didn’t look too excited. They were going to learn how to hunt together, and defend the caverns together. This would all be part of their plan to make the back great.

He turned back to the darker woman. “Do you want a tour of the caverns?” Maybe she’d walked around some the night before, but Auberon didn’t mind giving her another tour and explaining how everything worked around here again.

Apr 07, 2018 08:57 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

The pair seemed excited at the prospect of having her as a mentor. Jacqueline liked to see that.

When the over-excited one asked her if she’d like a tour, she decided she’d accept the offer. The sooner she became familiar with how things worked around here, the better.

“That sounds lovely,” she said, glancing down at the little boy. “Lead the way.”

Apr 07, 2018 09:36 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.