Roleplay Forums | Map

Stone road to nowhere
AW | Just before first light

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts 250posts 500posts

(south of ‘pass’ in ‘skyrise pass’)

His body was able, his chest, though panting, within the comfort of it’s limitation. These mountains, stretching far beyond yonder, captured his attention once more. He’d told her he wouldn’t come back. He wasn’t even ‘back’ wherever that was. He just lingered like he had always done, a whisper on the winds, a soul caught in the limbo. He wasn’t anything nor was he nothing.

Kiel crept amongst the stone road, his paws splaying across the uneven turf. The mountain range wasn’t his first choice of location, that’s for sure. His heavy build pumped and worked to push across the landscape, it got him this far and with his agility, it could keep him going so long as he rationed his energy. He couldn’t over exert himself, he had to be wise. With ears flat against his cranium and head low, he kept his body straight from the trip of his nose to the top of his haunch, the climb was steep but the winding path he stalked along was one he knew as a faint memory.

He would stumble here and there but with correction he rose again.

Why had he come?

Was he simply looking to tie off loose ends or find a means to an end? How… How would she welcome him? How were the… Her children?

His body halted, his paw shifting upon a loose section of terrain.

He should turn back. Why had he come?! HIs brows furrowed, stubbornly, his mind was at war with his body. IT was as if he’d been away from consciousness the entirety of his journey to the base and the majority of his climb. His scent had tainted the ground around him, the low light of the morning barely gracing the tips of the peaks above. He simply stared at the heavens above, a thick gulp swallowed in attempt to fight the twitching of his tense muscles. What was he to do but stand and wait? Nobody was guaranteed to find him.

He was a ghost after all, right?

Apr 10, 2018 06:02 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts otm profile

Kopec was far. Very far. But she was still at home on the mountain. Her mountain. Their mountain. Far beyond the reach of the lake and caverns but it was her home.

Kopec was pissed. As always. It was nothing new in the long run. At Abaeze snapping at her - the audacity he had. At her mother dying. At Amelia not seeing the bigger picture of why she said what she said. So the moment she caught the very vague scent of someone from her past she had left behind long ago, she couldn’t help but feel less inclined to get there as quickly. It had been so long.

And she knew he would just leave again.

Did he come back because he knew? He was a traitor, her father, he had left without even a goodbye and missed the majority of her life. For what? Sickly world pleasures? She was shackled and chained here - this was her home. The girl traversed down the mountain path, using her acute senses to tune into her surroundings. Needless to say, it didn’t take her very long to arrive with a determined gait and being not very far to begin with. She slowed down her pace as his aura grew closer; his scent stronger. Before she rounded a corner.

”Kiki.” A childhood nickname, and without childhood delight. A serpents hiss and a vipers venom. Her tail flagged behind her as she positioned herself far from him, her lips tempting a frown. She was not happy.

Apr 10, 2018 06:48 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Apr 10, 2018 06:55 AM by Kopec ]
Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri
Achievements (?)
None yet!

From now on, Scotch won’t bother with anything linked from the past. That’s the decision made after trying to help out. Going back to how things were in the old days sounded like the better plan. Striking deals simply because it benefited him and others. It could only work if the others weren’t idiots.

Except the world was full of them. Instead Scotch wanted to isolate himself from the rest of the world. What better place to do so than to be deep in the mountains. No one goes this far, it’‘s rough and difficult, probably exactly what was needed to keep idiots away. Just maybe they couldn’t survive out here. Summers wouldn’t be too difficult, but after a little though. Winters would be a nightmare.

Going higher was very exhausting, the lack of air made it so. However to his surprise some familiar scents came across him. Why? Of all places. Scotch stood there, debating if he should just turn and leave. So much for trying to live a life of isolation. Apparently this was a small world if these wolves appeared at random instead of where they were meant to be.

Apr 10, 2018 06:59 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo
Achievements (?)

His mind was silent, his nose alight. Two scents, two bodies - both holding a regret or two. His maw turned to a frown, his ears, though low, still flicking, perking to the smallest of sounds. They were out there but how far away could they realistically be? He never boasted at being a hunter. He was used to the flat terrain of the desert. He required different skills than all this mountain-manning did.

His body manoeuvred to stand sturdily upon the broken path, his tail sweeping to hold itself just above it’s usual limp position between his hocks. He wasn’t expect much but he could never be sure. He’d been taught to remain cautious. He’d been scarred and burnt in the process but at least he understood the message. Never trust.

A hiss, a snake. A voice, a body. Though, it was one he wasn’t expecting first, least of all her at all. Did he say her name or allow her voice to fall on deaf ears. to either cut or slash with his chosen knife, a gift from a past he’d carved out. Kiel tilted his chin to the direction, better to face things on. Had her mother told Kopec her side of the story? “Kopec” he uttered tersely, the word feeling foreign upon his tongue and yet for familiar to his thoughts.

The other body would have to wait. He couldn’t be fucked to confront it either.

Apr 10, 2018 07:57 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)

A small breeze of mountain air filled her lungs as she began to move closer as he looked towards her. Immediately, she stiffened, her eyes and expression holding stone cold. Why had he returned? Was the valley as bad as they said? Was he here to ruin her siblings lives? His children? A growl began to rumble in her chest, and it took all of her courage and willpower not to go for his throat right then.

Traitor, traitor, traitor.

She began to slowly circle him, it was odd seeing an exact replica of her - just masculine. But Kopec could be merciful - this male was not like Scotch (who she hadn’t noticed yet,) and he wasn’t someone who trespassed into her home to give her the worst message of her life. No. This male gave her life and Kopec was solemnly aware of this - how else could she have been a carbon copy of him? Her paws grasped the stone easily; the thin mountain air was just another daily struggle she had gotten accustomed to.

”Did you know you left this mountain in shambles? That your queen you abandoned, is dead? Her words were aimed to puncture his ego, her venom spitting off her lips. ”Murdered. Gone. Capiche?” She leaned closer to his face, her lips peeling back to reveal her teeth. ”My mother is dead.” She growled out, her ears falling against her head before she immediately pushed herself away.

Eventually, she stopped just in front of him. Honor. This was her home, her eyes read, he was risking his life being here. ”Father,” Her words held a mocking tone, the word was cold on her tongue. The word had no meaning to her. ”I’ll give you one chance to explain yourself.” She fell back onto her haunches, her tail curling around her paws like the pretty princess she was. ”Starting now.” Tick-tock Daddy-o.

Apr 10, 2018 08:27 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Scotch lingered for a moment and finally decided that he wasn’t going to have anything to do with. Curiosity was the only reason he wanted to stay but after all he has been through it felt like it wasn’t worth it. More than likely, nothing good will come from it. Scotch would have to find some other corner to hide in. This place was taken.

He turned and started to head back down the mountain. If there wasn’t a problem that he was stuck in then don’t bother, that’s how it should be and that’s how he needed to start thinking. Just don’t get involved anymore.

-Exits-

Apr 10, 2018 09:17 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo
Achievements (?)

The negative energy came off her in waves, had he done so much wrong to hurt her so much? She was just a child, she knew nothing of the events that happened so long ago. She was barely speaking, she could barely understand social cues! he wanted to laugh, bark at her with hysterical sarcasm. What would she know of life.

However, he didn’t. Kiel patiently looked on with a furrowed brow, his head lowering ever so slightly with the rumble of her chest, a reflex that came second nature with any type of aggression towards his battered being. He watched on as she paraded around him, circling him as he used to circle others, as her mother had circled him upon their first meeting. She had so much spunk, so much like her mother.

Her words came in the form of a spear, one grazing his shoulder, the other piecing his chest. Nima. Dead. She was dead? His throat caught ever so, though his body remained stoney, his expression hard but his eyes soft. Murdered. A lip curl, a flash of ivory. His brows furrowed. So she was hurt and acting like a spiteful child. She didn’t know how to control her own emotions however much she tried to use that fierce facade.

She halted before him, his own chest threatening a growl at her final choice of words. He however did not react, he kept it in. Who’d have thought he’d be able to do that?! Good little psychopath. She sat as if she owned the world, or at least knew she would. In a way, she was reflecting Elliot but that thought soon vanished.

His time was now. He had to explain. How exactly? A frown tightened the corners of his lips. “Daughter- dearest..” he said, his voice as smooth and as sarcastic as ever, a charm, a silver tongue. “Firstly, I left the pack with at least 7 grown adults. Hardly shambles.” he wanted to laugh however his tone was growing grave and low, quite deathly but not so threatening. “Your mother however, is news to me. I won’t babble on about how it’s such a shame, or that you have my condolences because though true, I don’t see the point of wasting my breath on something you wouldn’t believe” his head tilted, as if daring her to speak up, to deny him.

“I will say though, that my leaving was as much your mothers fault as it was mine. I’m a nomad. A drifter. Your mother had grown green, she was fierce in love with the need for power than her doting mate, all he demanded was her love and yet, that simple need got me this scar.” he tried to keep his voice steady but his eyes narrowed, his lip twitching. “She pushed me away, I doubt she’d have let me close to my own kids had it not been for your wandering.” gone was the spite, it was true.

“And before you even speak up about me going away, all I ever did was build pack relations in the valley. I was the one who planted the seed for allies. All I ever did was spread the packs worth and build it’s reputation. That was something your mother however, did not know. For all she knew, I was off rutting. Your mother and I had our issues but I loved her unconditionally. She was my queen. I was just some other subordinate.” his head lifted curtly, his eyes staring her down. He was not harsh with his words, rather even toned actually. Whether she’d accept that, he didn’t know.

Apr 10, 2018 12:39 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)

”Daughter-dearest…” Daughter? He had been nothing of a father to her, he had not said goodbye. She didn’t even know if her siblings remembered him. Hell, what would Tychus do if he saw him? That was the scariest thought. Kopec had mercy, Tychus did not. He was ruthless and was better to have on your side than against. Had this been what he wanted his son to turn out like? Did he even know the capabilities they possessed? How much they had gone through?

But no. He spoke and she listened with an intensity. Her expression was neutral and her eyes were the complete opposite of warmth like the last time she saw him.

Her snout crinkled as he attempted to set the blame on her mother. ”You’re lucky your son isn’t here.” She hissed out, her tail flicking in mild agitation. ”Tychus would enjoy having your head as a souvenir.” Now all mighty and dark were Kopec’s words, but they were directed from an unbridled hurt and betrayal lurking within her heart. No, she wouldn’t leap for joy, but she wouldn’t send him away either. This was her father - not a surrogate, not Igbo or any other male who wanted to climb the power pole. No - this was the king of the mountain.

Love. She only loved her siblings - that’s all. And her mountain. She would go to the ends of the earth for her siblings like he had said before, they needed to stay together until the end of time. And they would. She knew it in her gut, it twisted and turned in her brain. The faintest of whispers. A soft breath.

As he finished, Kopec stared at him in silence. A chilling stare. She hoped to stir him a bit in intimidation - that’s the least he deserved. She didn’t forgive him, but judgment day was coming. Only then would she know what to do with him. ”If you stay on this mountain, you’ll die. You shouldn’t have come back.” She snapped out, before standing up. She walked closer to him before leaning in, her eyes narrowing.  A warning. Mercy.  Something flashed in her eyes, quick and barely there after a moment. A sense of dread and sadness was over her before she sighed and turned away.

“What do you want. Why did you come back?”

Apr 10, 2018 01:07 PM — Post #7

[ Edited: Apr 10, 2018 03:11 PM by Kopec ]
Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo
Achievements (?)

He made no effort to flinch nor respond. He was a silent man, one of thought rather than brawn. Though this had not always been the way, it was the best way he could do to handle the situation with a knife at his throat. With eyes watching her, his maw remained in its steady frown, hard, unreflective. Even the mention of his son could do no harm. He’d hardly met the child.

So she was threatening him now was she? A what, 4, 5 - no 6 month old child? His eyes grew alight with humour, as brief as it was. Now however, she wanted to know why he was here, and yet she wasn’t pushing him away. The space of acceptance was slim if at all there in the first place but he needed a way in. He hadn’t done wrong to the pack, simply drifted from their queen. He was no king, he was simply a wayfarer, a wanderer.

“The tides have changed. The winds? Beckoning. If it is death that meets me, so be it. If it is anything other than that? I’ll accept it.” his stiff muscles ached to be moved, the low oxygen in the air demanding more than he’d remembered. “I want nil, nor have a reason for my presence. Who remains in this pack of ruin, as you put it?” his chin tilted to the side, his eyes lacking any kind of emotion as he asked the question. It wasn’t as if he was hungry for blood or anything, he just… couldn’t place a feeling to the situation. He simply felt numb.

Apr 10, 2018 04:14 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Kopec Daniels mads
Achievements (?)

“The tides have changed. The winds? Beckoning. If it is death that meets me, so be it. If it is anything other than that? I’ll accept it.”

She nearly scoffed. A roll of her eyes maybe - but all that met him was an emotionless facade, a blank canvas awaiting the ink.  It was odd staring at a more masculine, taller version of herself; she wondered briefly if she ever did leave her castle walls, would she be mistaken for him? Had he done anything wrong that she needed to worry about, just in case? Now was not the time to tell, not yet anyway. If she did accept him - hell, if the others accepted him, because this wasn’t her decision alone (she was one of the four judges), she would pick and preen his feathers until she got to the center of his core.

She would know eventually, but Kopec had an all-powerful weapon. She had patience; that was deadly in itself.

“I want nil, nor have a reason for my presence. Who remains in this pack of ruin, as you put it?”

Her eyes narrowed towards him before she flicked her tail in a motioning manner.

“You’ll find out.”

-fade to continuation thread maybe??-

Apr 10, 2018 05:40 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo
Achievements (?)

A smirk threatened to morph his twisted face but with restraint, he reined himself in. Taking a cautious step, He allowed her to lead. “I suppose so” he muttered, his eyes trailing over the landscape of the mountains once more.

After all, it could be the last time.

[faaade]

Apr 10, 2018 05:46 PM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.