Roleplay Forums | Map

Come, fishy fishy
noon // cloudy // aw

Name Player
Dyani Gabriel Lucas
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The first time Dyani had tried to fish, she had fallen in.

The second time, she made sure to place herself inside the water, dripping, to make things easier for her. She was wet all over, a miserable-looking thing, eyes trained down by hair feet as she waited for a fish to pass. She didn’t know how to fish. But there was a first time for anything, and she knew by know to trust her gut.

She could do this. She was a big girl.

A shadow passed underwater, and Dyani’s pupils dilated expectantly as she tried to hold very, very still. The shadow came closer. It wasn’t overly large or impressive, but not quite meager, and her stomach nearly rumbled just at the thought of getting her maw around it. She could feel herself salivating.

Closer… closer… There.

Dyani dove, splashing water everywhere as she bit at the water, trying to catch the fish. There, she had it! She could swear she felt its tail between her teeth! She just- goddamnit.

It was gone. Dyani pulled back, panting, dripping once again.

Apr 12, 2018 05:20 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias had been tracking Felicity, perhaps against his better instincts. But, without a single trace of Cian in the valley so far, Ozias was lonely. And Felicity, well. While she provided an er, very different sort of company than his brother, was certainly company. 

It wasn’t all bad. Ozias hadn’t encountered any trace of his father, to his vast relief.

There was a splash and his head shot up, up and running. What had that been? Ozias jumped atop a fallen willow trunk and balanced there, scanning the myriad of pools anxiously. “Ma’am?!” He called when he spotted a brown head in the water. Presumably attached to a body but Ozias wasn’t quite at the right angle to say for sure.

Had she fallen in? “Are you all right?” 

Apr 12, 2018 11:17 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Apr 12, 2018 11:20 PM by Ozias ]
Name Player
Dyani Gabriel Lucas
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was the sound of voice and not the words that she heard, and it startled her, send her jumping- her eyes went wide, and Dyani gasped at it, head snapping its direction.

There was a man there.

Dyani was so distracted by the fact she failed to give a proper reply. Tall and dark, with paws a little too big for his body, standing atop a fallen trunk. And he looked worried. It made her feel a little bad.

“I am- all right”, she stuttered out a moment later, ears pivoting towards him. She wanted to move to dry land, but waddling out would be so embarrassing now. “I am… fishing.”

Apr 13, 2018 01:36 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She had a very strange fishing technique.

“Oh. Uh, sorry to interrupt you. I just, hear a splash.” He explained, a bit lamely. “Uh, I’m Ozias, but I’ll just wait over there.” He nodded to a patch of nearby land in between the willow-laced pool and began making his way down the trunk to jump down.

He didn’t know why he was bothering. Cian wouldn’t have been seen here either. Maybe he’d been wrong about his brother being in this valley, and he ought to leave it the same way he’d come in.

Apr 13, 2018 08:35 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Dyani Gabriel Lucas
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She tried not to look too flustered, and for the first time today Dyani was thankful for the water cooling her pelt. Ozias. It was a.. strange name, a strange sound, but not entirely unpleasant. She gave an awkward nod, and watched him make his way.

Uh.

She stared down at the water again, her ears moving back uncertainly. Okay. She was a big girl.

She didn’t feel as such a big girl when other people were watching her struggle.

An awkward pause followed. “I don’t know how to fish”, Dyani admitted a moment later, eyes still on the water. Conversation starter. Right.

Apr 14, 2018 06:26 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He settled patiently on a dry patch of land and began grooming his chest fur nervously. It felt weird to be sitting here waiting. The woman looked his way. “Oh. Um, me either. I’ve watched other wolves do it and they make it look so easy but I’ve never caught anything.”

Cian was like that. He made every single physical task look effortless. Ozias had always envied his brother that.

Apr 14, 2018 08:32 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Dyani Gabriel Lucas
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She wasn’t sure how to feel about the stranger remaining here, and she think of any real motivation that could make him stay. She didn’t mind, not particularly, because she was alone for the first time in her entire life and company was now something more welcome than it once was, even if it was a stranger’s, but it still gave her a pause. Who was this large, dark male?

He did seem particuarly harmless.

Dyani turned to him, offering an apologetic smile. “Yeah,” she agreed. Sometimes things looked so easy when others did it, but she was very quickly coming to realize that was not the case. And that she would not be catching any fish today.

She sighed.

And then paused. Her eyes drifted to the water, and then back at Ozias again- her ears drew back in embarrassement. After a moment, Dyani took a few steps towards him, water sloshing around her.

”...Want to try?”, she offered awkwardly, sheepishly. “We can share the spoils.”

Apr 15, 2018 06:08 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She seemed kind. She smiled understandingly then approached him, and his slapped his tail a bit nervously against the ground.

“Oh. That’s… that’s a nice offer. I’ve never fished though, I’d probably miss.” She’d be way more likely to catch something without him, surely?

“I’m Ozias by the way. Or Ozi.”

Apr 15, 2018 07:31 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Dyani Gabriel Lucas
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh. Uh. Okay. No fishing then. It was okay, of course, she didn’t want to force him, but now she felt a little bit uncomfortable.

“I’ve never fished before either”, she noted softly, but did not argue.

Ozias. It fit him, that name- somehow. She smiled again, giving a gentle wag of her tail, although she doubted it was visible in the water. No matter. “I’m Dyani.”

Apr 20, 2018 03:02 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He rose hesitantly and peered into the water. How were you meant to fish, with nobody to teach them? He wished for the billionth time Cian was here. Was she going to make the first move? Give him some idea of what to do?

“Nice to meet you Dyani.” He responded with a polite dip of his head. He rarely forgot the manners his mother had instilled in him.

Apr 20, 2018 09:59 PM — Post #9

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.