Roleplay Forums | Map

Rules are meant to be broken
FA/ close to tribe territory, afternoon.

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She’d ventured away from the safety of the beach and into a place that was most certainly not sandy. The ground was harder and there was grass that was the color of the sand. For a moment she hesitated, though it hadn’t been intentional that she’d left the cove she wasn’t exactly displeased about it either. Though she did worry what would happen when her mother found out. 

It took her a few minutes to decide what she should do, head back to the cove or venture a little further. In the end she decided to venture a little further, might as well make it count if there was a chance she would get in trouble.

She stepped through the grass, the ground under her paws felt a lot different. As she investigated this she thought that maybe she should being her mother a gift since she’d been so sad lately. Maybe it would cheer her up but what to bring her. That was when the smudge caught sight of some color. She ran to investigate it and found it to be a flower, her mother would love it she was sure.

Apr 16, 2018 04:03 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was AJ who coaxed Maya to travel north via the coast. They had detoured around the Rangers territory and then crossed the river, but as they got closer to the forest they returned to the cliffs they both loved. It wasn’t a practical place to love, AJ thought fondly as he gazed out over the water, but he loved the ocean views.

Struck with spring fever (nobody tell AJ it was autumn okay?) he then went frolicking over the grass, bounding where it got high so he could see ahead. They would reach that forest soon! THEN the geysers, he was so excited!

He spotted a dark flash. Another wolf! His tail swept and his usual friendly grin flashed. “Hiya!” He called cheerily.

((Maya is offscreen for this thread but presumed nearby as she and AJ are traveling together!))

Apr 18, 2018 05:59 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She’d sniffed at the flower which was a pretty pink color that reminded her of the sunset on the beach. She wanted to make sure that it smelled just a pretty for her mum. She remembered how Yuna had showed them to pick the Marigold flower. She was just about to go through with collecting it when a voice caught her attention.

She raised her head and turned toward it seeing another wolf that was lighter in color than she was but not as light as her mother. Well that was a bit of a relief, the last thing she wanted was to get in trouble for leaving the beach.

She smiled and faced him, “Hiya back,” she returned playfully. He seemed friendly enough as he greeted her.

Apr 19, 2018 08:16 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ peered over her shoulder and spotted the pink flower she was sniffing. His tail swept broadly. “Oh, pretty!” He observed. His eyes the girl teasingly. “What, you got a hot date somewhere, cute boy you’re trying to impress?” He teased. He literally had no idea what age young wolves began dating, but he intended no offense as he went sauntering up, and leaned in to go nose-to-nose with the dark wolf in a clearly friendly greeting.

“Beach girl, huh?” The scent of the coast was strong in her fur. “Must be a nice place to live huh! I’m AJ, my friend Maya and I are just traveling through here.” He explained, tail still wag wag wagging away. This kid was way less weird than that Saya girl had been.

Apr 19, 2018 08:36 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She watched him peer over at the flower she’d picked out for Yuna, “It is,” she agreed but her eyes widened at what he suggested next. “No silly but there is a cute boy but I don’t think he wants anything to do with me.” She shrugged, it was rather obvious the way Ash kept running off every time she tried to talk to him. “It’s for my mum,” she admitted just before the stranger put his nose so close to her leaving only one thing to do. She booped his nose with hers and giggled.

She nodded when he spoke of her being a beach girl, “I love it there, maybe you would too,” she rather liked him already. “I’m Arashi,” she said her tail wagging behind her. “Where are you and your friend going?” She asked curiously. She looked out across the grass trying to think of where he might be going which was hard since she didn’t know of many places yet.

Apr 19, 2018 08:50 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Aww, that’s so cute, your Ma’s gonna love that.” He crooned, head over heels for this sweet, well-spoken kid already. “Don’t worry about the cute boy. It takes men ages to mature, he’ll come around.” He assured her with a grin. 

He got a nose boop at his friendly sniff and he laughed readily and booped her right back. “Arashi, huh? Cool name, totally suits you! Yeah, I love the beach. Hey, you part of a pack, Arashi?” He had sniffed her again and though it might have just been her family, she did have the scent of quite a few wolves in a hared space on her coat. It was hard to tell though since she smelled like she’d been swimming recently.

“Oh, Maya and I are headed to a geyser field up in the forests! You know what geysers are?!”

Apr 19, 2018 09:20 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

He pushed about how cute it was that she wanted to bring her mother a flower and seemed sure that her mother will love it. Her tail beat a happy rhythm behind her and smiled, “I think she will too.” Yuna would appreciate at the gesture cause she was that kind of mother. He even offered a word on the boy to reassure her about him. “I would like it if he did.” Even if it was just for the chance to get to know him a little better.

She giggled more when he booped her back, she liked this man more and more. He had a fun, friendly air about him. “Thanks, I like yours too. You think so? I think it’s a pretty name. Why don’t you stay on the beach?” She asked since he said he loved it. She nodded when he asked if she was part of a pack “The Silu Tribe,” she answered. She wouldn’t mind if Jaylan stayed and he could bring his friend Maya, it seemed so quiet in the cove now they would be great additions in her opinion.

She shook her head when he asked about her knowledge of the geysers. “I haven’t ever heard of them. What are they? Is this your and Maya’s first time?”

Apr 19, 2018 04:17 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He could just picture this kid totting up to her mother, probably some exotic dark-furred beauty like her kid, with a flower. AJ did chuckle at the hopeful comment about the boy she liked.

“Trust me Arashi, you gotta give boys time to grow up.” He told her, nodding sagely. “Besides, anyone who doesn’t like a sweet kid like you is out of their mind.” He grinned gallantly then plopped back on his haunches to listen as she chattered, tail still waving behind him. He got a compliment about his own name which made him smile more. AJ thrived on compliments. 

“Well, because Maya and I are explorers! We came to this valley recently and we want to see it all! But we’ll come visit your Silu Tribe next time we’re on the beach okay - what’s it like, living there?” He could scope out the beach pack a bit through one of its locals.

“Oh, they’re amazing! They’re hot pools of water and sometimes they spout water straight up into the sky! You see lots of rainbows, and it’s always warm even in winter!”

Apr 19, 2018 08:01 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Arashi hoped that when she brought the flower to her mother she wouldn’t asm where she’d gotten it. She knew she wouldn’t lie to Yuna, she loved her mum too much to do that too her. 

As for Ash, she didn’t even know if she would ever see him again but she nodded at the man. “I guess patience is important then?” This she thought was a valuable lesson. He couldn’t be wrong, right? He’d been a bit once after all. She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as he said the kind words about her. “Thank you, that’s really nice of you to say.” She wasn’t sure what else to say to a compliment like that.

He talked about him and his friend coming to the valley and wanting to see it. Her smile only widened as he said he would come and visit her pack. “I would like that and you will have to tell me about all the things that you see. You can meet my mum and sisters, I’m sure they will like you too. I would like to meet Maya too.” A friend of Jaylan’s just had to be nice like him. “It’s quiet right now but relaxing too listening to the waves hit the sand and you get to see pretty sunsets and sunrises every day when the sun is out of course. There are crabs to chase and waves to play in and shells to collect,” she described when he asked about living on the beach.

She was curious about the geysers though since she’d never seen one. She wondered if maybe one day she would get to see them. “Warm all winter long, that sounds amazing and the water shooting in the sky, I want to see that. I like rainbows too.”

Apr 19, 2018 08:53 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He nodded seriously, or at least as serous as a Typical AJ was capable of being. “Very important.” He told her. “But you have to remember too, spoiler alert, there’s lots of boys out there. Crushes are healthy to have, but you’ll probably have more than one in your life.” He told her, he couldn’t imagine if she had been born this spring she had a lot of romantic experience at her age.

“I bet Maya’d love that, she’s a big kid herself, always wrestling and playing.” That was how they spend a good chunk of their time together anyway. “How many wolves are in your Tribe, aside from your mum and your sisters?” And… why didn’t she mention a father? It was a bit heavy of a question to ask anyone, let alone a kid, so AJ let that one be. “Sounds like a nice life.” Too dull for him though? They could always visit, and see.

“Well, when you’re off traveling sometime, you should go. It’s good to see the world.” He encouraged with a beaming grin. Exploring was a much better topic than potentially tragic backstories were.

Apr 19, 2018 10:44 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

She would remember that it was important to have patience with boys especially cause her mum said she would find someone someday. She wondered if her mum’d had patience with her father. Her head tilted to one side as he spoke about crushes, “Don’t worry I will remember,” she finally said with a nod of her head and wag of her tail. She would have to speak with her mother about crushes surely Yuna would know everything about them.

“She and my sister Mahalo will have lots of fun together,” Arashi chirped. She was sure that her dark sister would love the chance to have another playmate. Her brows furrowed as she tried to think how many wolves were in her pack before shaking her head. “I don’t know the number but we used to have more and some left.” She wasn’t even sure how many wolves had left she just knew that they were gone now and it was much quieter in the cove. She nodded, “It is a nice life and mum’s allowing us to go further than we used to by ourselves.” Which of course .Ade things even better with further that they could go without getting into trouble.

Traveling, she’d thought about that as something she might like to do. Go and see what was out there beyond the cove and meet new wolves. It all sounded like a lot of fun to her. “I will go and see them,” and then she could come back and tell her mum all about it. “Do you think my mum would be upset if I wanted to travel though. I don’t want to make her sad.” Yuna was already sad especially after what happened with Kalea.

((Assuming that at the point of this thread Yuna would have found Kalea and Arashi would know that she’s been found. Please let me know if this is wrong.))

Apr 20, 2018 08:12 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This kid was totally adorable. Playful and serious at the same time, look at how earnestly she agreed to be patient with boys. She was going to be a real cutie when she grew up as well, AJ figured boys her age would be flocking to the beach by next winter.

“Maya loves anyone she can play with. Me too.” He told her with another big grin, unashamed to admit they were both just giant puppies themselves. That wasn’t that helpful though - it would be a dozen or more wolves if Arashi couldn’t count them all. Maybe not. But the place might still be worth a visit.

“Well, you shouldn’t just sneak out without telling your mum.” He told her, earnest now. “I did that a lot at your age and my dad was always really mad because he worried. But when you do want to go somewhere, find somebody to travel with, like one of your sisters or a friend. Travel is safer in pairs.”

((Yep works for me!!))

Apr 20, 2018 08:03 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

There were some very important lessons that she was learning from Jaylan. Though on some level it made her kind of sad because these were the things she should be talking about with her father. He wasn’t there though and he never would be. She had to push that away before she let those thoughts go any further

“It will be great then when you and Maya come to visit. You and her and me and my sister’s. We can all play on the beach. Maybe we can even get my mum to join in.” Arashi didn’t know if Yuna would want to but she did know that she would enjoy seeing her daughter’s having fun. She did hope Jaylan and Maya came for a visit once they had seen the geysers.

She nodded as he spoke about telling her mum, “I would make sure to tell her if I was going to be gone a long time. I wouldn’t want her to worry too much.” She had seen how upset Yuna had been when she didn’t know where Kalea was and he wouldn’t want to do that to her Mum. “Your dad and my mum sound the same. She gets mad when we go off and not tell her. I think cause she’s worried and scared something will happen to us.” She couldn’t blame her mum for that. “I will remember to try and take someone when I am able to travel. I think it’s too soon though.” One because she was still too young she knew that but the other because they had just found Kalea.

Apr 22, 2018 11:39 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

What an optimistic kid. When they came to visit. Nothing wrong with that though. AJ himself tended to a sunny personality, always finding the good things in life and leaving the crappy ones behind.

“I happen to be an expert at getting people to play. Even Mums.” He grinned winningly. “Asaway! But look, in all honesty, your mum might be right. I had only been in this valley a couple of days when in the middle of what I thought was a normal conversation this girl from a pack in the southern mountains turned around and attacked me! Some wolves aren’t normal like you and me, Arashi. They like starting fights, they like hurting others, and they’re the ones you have to steer well clear from. And I agree you shouldn’t go too far right now. Winter is on the way soon, you were probably born in spring right so you haven’t seen what happens then?”

Apr 22, 2018 06:40 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts

Arashi could already see her family with Jaylan and the mysterious Maya playing on the beach and running through the water. She couldn’t help but try to imagine what Maya looked like and she sounded like she was a nice wolf. The pup pictured her to have a constant smile. She supposed she would have to wait to meet her until they returned.

She had told him about her mother getting upset when she and Mahalo had gone further than they were supposed to down the beach. She also told him she would be sure to tell Yuna if she ever did decide to go off traveling. He then went in to comment about her mother being right but it was the story he told next that captured the pup. “She just attacked you cause she wanted to? That doesn’t seem fair, you definitely don’t seem like the type that would do something to deserve it. It’s horrible that happened to you, she didn’t hurt you very badly did she?” She thought about the last part of what he said, how some wolves were just mean. “How do I know if a wolf is like that right away so I don’t get hurt?”

Apr 22, 2018 10:12 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He pulled a face. “It’s not a very fun topic to talk about. But she thought I was a threat - spoiler alert I’m not, as you already realize.” Said a lot when a half a year old kid had better judgement than a fully grown wolf. “And nah, that’s sweet of you to ask. I’m just fine, I think she realized when I kicked her off of me that I wasn’t a pushover. So some wolves will surprise you, like this Astred wolf did to me. So what you do Arashi, is you be like me. You get somebody to teach you to defend yourself, and you practice - at this age if you wrestle with your sister and mother, that’s good practice too. But even when you know how to look after yourself, you never start fights. Only idiots fight over stupid things, make sense?”

Apr 23, 2018 06:10 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.