Roleplay Forums | Map

Tell me your troubles
[summons] Mid autumn, looking for Clint

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eyja had told Natasha she would try and talk to Clint, and get some insight in what was bothering him. She assumed it were the deaths that had recently happened, especially the one of his mother, but she could not make assumptions. She needed to talk to him, as him, herself. So, the female was in search of the boy, moving through the Falls. Following his scent, or trying to; it seemed to go everywhere.

And it did not really… smell strong in the Falls. Had he gone out to the Glen? She wasn’t sure, but she hoped he was back home by now- wherever he had gone. ’’Clint, you here?’’ she called out. She hoped he would come to her.

[I know Clint has ran away from home but Eyja doesn’t know just yet.]

Apr 17, 2018 02:52 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marceline had cut pretty well straight south after abandoning the trio of insanely rude puppies at the geysers. She would have meant to make a much more thorough search of the northern forest and even the plains she crossed. However, it wasn’t until she was well within this new forest that her annoyance at how much time she had wasted began to fade enough for her to make her path more of a meandering one.

Autumn was progressing, and while she didn’t wish to get snowed in to any one place, she also didn’t relish the thought of spending the winter traveling aimlessly. She had gone further than she thought when the scent of a pack border caught her attention. A real pack here, perhaps finally there would be a wolf who was an adult to speak to. Perhaps they would actually know something for once about the local area.

She lingered for a moment when a woman’s voice called out and while Marceline couldn’t see the wolf, she took the opportunity to bark gently in response. Certainly Marce wasn’t who the stranger was looking for, but she hoped it wouldn’t be too much of a disturbance. The older lady would just have to gamble on this pack being helpful or not. She’d wait where she was and see if this other wolf came to greet her.

[Marce is waiting near whatever pack border is closest]

Apr 18, 2018 08:20 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

It was something long overdue, she thought. She’d meant to seek Clint out long ago, offer to teach him all that she knew about herbs and bestow him with what knowledge she’d had. She had hoped, in the end, he would remain long after she was gone, carrying on her knowledge. But, it seemed she was too late. Something had happened and she could not, no matter how hard she’d tried, find his scent in the Falls. Or, any fresh scent. She thought she caught whiffs here and there, but nothing new. Nothing giving any hints that he was anywhere nearby. She hadn’t asked about the fifth grave yet and a heaviness settled - one that she seemed unable to rid herself of. Wolves kept dropping around her and she could not stop it. She hoped, for all she was worth, that the new one was not one of Natasha’s brothers. Not so soon after her mother.

Effie’s attention was drawn first by Ejya’s voice calling out the name of the wolf she’d been looking for and she readied herself to set off towards the new leader of the Brotherhood. But.

Another noise, a bark. From the borders, she thought. She hesitated for only a moment, and while her pace was unhurried, she made a direct line to the wolf who called. She would try and let Eyja get there first, however. She let loose her own low woof, hoping to alert Eyja and the wolf who’d called to her presence in one go.

Apr 18, 2018 09:08 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

There was a call, but not one from Clint. It sounded unfamiliar, and Eyja frowned worriedly, her eyes traveled into the direction of the borders. There was someone there. Even though Eyja did not feel like a leader, she had been assigned to take over, to be one. So, she had to be one. Taking a deep breath, she straightened herself, and forced herself not to be nervous. It did not really work, but at least she did not outwardly show it.

She set out to the borders to meet this stranger. Hearing another ark from within the Falls, she tried to attach a face to the sound, but was unable to at the moment. However, knowing a pack member was nearby had a calming effect on her.

Eyja let out a woof of her own to announce her presence, and arrived at the borders a minute after. She noticed a wolf up the path, dark in coat. A female by the scent; this would make it easier on Eyja, she knew. And wow, that wolf sure looked pretty.

’’Hello.’’ she greeted politely, stepping forward. ’’Eyja, leader of the Firewing Brotherhood. Can I help you?’’

Apr 19, 2018 01:44 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It wasn’t a long wait for a response, though it seemed she had attracted the attention of two wolves instead of one. She wanted to relax and sit down for a moment but resisted the urge until she knew who was coming out to meet her.

A woman appeared below her, coming up towards her. The two females seemed about comparable in height, though Marce thought she was likely rounder - or maybe just fluffier - than the new woman.

She dipped her head politely in greeting in return. It was honestly a huge relief to have found not only an adult, but the leader of the pack none-the-less. A helpful leader too.

“I’m Marceline. It’s nice to meet you.” The woman couldn’t know how nice it was after nothing but rude puppies for weeks. “I’m looking for some wolves, dark like me - or darker - with the same markings around their eyes.” She tilted her head down and slightly sideways to show her eye markings a little more. No point in dancing around the fact that she was looking for others and that was her primary goal.

Apr 19, 2018 07:36 AM — Post #4

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Effie could see the dark wolf at the top of the hill and she strode on, close behind Eyja. She would let Eyja speak to the wolf - Effie’s business was not with the dark woman. More important things might need discussing, just as soon as the dark woman was dealt with.

Effie kept close to Eyja, not so close that her presence might be uncomfortable, but close enough to offer support. She dipped her head at the stranger as she sidled up beside Eyja, offered the small female a deeper nod, a smile touching her lips. She settled back, easily, let Eyja take the lead and just sat back to listen.

She hoped her silent presence would not be unwanted. She thought to linger until she could speak to Eyja but she would leave if requested.

Apr 19, 2018 08:55 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The female was quick to tell Eyja why she was here. Marceline, looking for wolves who looked just like her. Or, at least, with the same markings as her. Sadly, Eyja had not come across anyone like that. She sent an apologetic look Marceline’s way. Eyja wanted to say something but was distracted for a second when Effie arrived at her side. Oh, she was back. Eyja sent her a nod back in greeting, then turned her attention back to Marceline.

’’Nice to meet you, Marceline. Sadly I’ve not come across any wolves who might look like that… I’m sorry.’’ she began, frowning a little. She took in Marceline’s features, and her markings, but could not recall meeting a wolf who might have looked like her. Eyja did not leave it at that, though.

’’Is there any place or any type of area they might feel at home at? Someplace you think they would have gone to? And do you know their names?’’ Eyja asked Marceline, waiting for an answer. If she had any ideas, maybe Eyja could give some directions?

Apr 20, 2018 01:57 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A larger female arrived as well, the second wolf who had barked it seemed. The woman towered over Marceline, with mismatched eyes and scars littering her face she was something of an intimidating presence. Perhaps this was how this pack greeted strangers, making sure it was clear that they had capable wolves around. Well, Marceline wasn’t planning to cause any trouble for the large, silent woman.

The smaller wolf struck her as much more hospitable and Marce focused on her instead. She gave a little hum when Eyja said she did not know anyone who matched the description. She had not expected it. As always, things were stacked against Marceline. Having a pleasant life and family had escaped her for a long time, she didn’t expect that to change anytime soon. It was her curse for abandoning those first pups. Perhaps the world would have helped her some now that she wished to find them again, but alas, it was not so.

“I do not know where they might have gone exactly. Their names are Damien, Valley, and Lestat, though if you come across them, they would not know my name, nor can I say where they could find me. I’ve just been traveling…searching…” There was a hint of weariness in her tone and her expression. What a thought to be an aging wolf, wandering the world after children that didn’t know her name. It made her feel tired, finally feel her proper age.

“But, perhaps you could tell me a little more of your pack and this place I have found?” Marce glanced around. Her own question answered, maybe she could learn a little more about these seemingly pleasant strangers.

Apr 20, 2018 06:22 PM — Post #7

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Effie had been content to sit back and listen, to provide support to Eyja should she need it. But this wolf was looking for lost relatives, it seemed. It was puzzling, however, when the elder woman stated that the wolves she was looking for would not know her name. It made Effie curious what type of relation this wolf might have to her lost ones, but it was not Effie’s place to pry.

Instead, she softened her features with a gentle smile, a quick look to Eyja before she spoke up herself. “Pardon me. My name is Effie,” Effie said, dipping her head. She should have introduced herself as soon as she’d arrived on scene, but she’d been content to let Eyja handle the stranger. But lost wolves? Effie knew who might be able to help, in that case.

We have an ally to the west - The Adunati Rangers. They help find missing wolves, Ma’am. Perhaps, if you find no leads here, you might seek them out,” Effie finished, falling silent again, for the moment. She would let Eyja answer the wolfs last question.

Apr 21, 2018 01:31 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

[Sorry for the wait, mentally not really there.]

Well, Marceline was able to give them names, and Eyja listened. ’’We will keep an eye out for them.’’ she responded- it was the only help she could offer, really. She didn’t really like to venture out much after… a lot of things.

Effie spoke up, telling Marceline about the Adunati Rangers, some information that was actually new to Eyja, as well. She would remember the Adunati Rangers. Bucky was their leader, she just now remembered. She had met him. ’’Oh, yes. Thank you, Effie.’’ she said with a gentle smile. Eyja was glad she was not standing here, alone.

Marceline wanted to know about the area they were in. Eyja thought for a moment about what to tell the female.

’’Well, we’re the Firewing Brotherhood. We live here, in the Falls, and we’ve been around for quite some time. We- value strength and loyalty. Everyone here is considered family, and we protect the group, and are able to hold our own.’’ Eyja said. It was the best she could offer, really. She still wasn’t really used to having a leader position. She kind of wished Natasha was here to take over. But, she could not let Natasha take the lead at all times. Eyja needed to grow more confident. And this was… good practice?

Apr 22, 2018 02:15 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Effie,” Marceline repeated to get a feel for the name. “A pleasure.” She dipped her own head in return. Perhaps the silent giant was not so silent after all. She perked her ears at the mention of another pack to the west. That seemed like the next logical place to visit then. If the leader of this pack didn’t have any hints about her children, then she supposed she ought to press on elsewhere.

She listened to Eyja carefully though, taking in what she was told. As most packs, this one was a ‘family’ though Marceline thought the comment about holding their own seemed a little out of place. She tilted her head a little bit. “There aren’t wolves or places I ought to avoid in the nearby area, are there?” She asked earnestly. Marceline didn’t overly enjoy doing anything dangerous to herself, and if this pack felt the need to warn strangers they weren’t pushovers, then maybe there was trouble nearby.

Apr 22, 2018 04:07 PM — Post #10

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

/// Skip Effie this round, I think. She’ll go back to being silent for now. I don’t wanna hold it up, but if I have time later I’ll edit with a response if Jea hasn’t posted with Eyja yet.

Apr 25, 2018 01:56 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Marceline asked about other packs in the area, packs she should avoid. Eyja thought for a moment. ’’There was a pack a little east of here in the forest, lead by a wolf who called himself king, and who was known for kidnapping, murdering and… raping. But I’ve been told he’s- taken care of. As far as I know, there are no other packs or places you should avoid.’’ Eyja spoke in all honesty.

Apr 25, 2018 11:16 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Marceline Aetius Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was the little female who spoke up again. Marceline felt a little affinity for the other small woman, she understood what it was like to go around in life with a bunch of giants towering over her. Marce gave a solemn nod about the local ‘King’, though it seemed that was not a problem she had to worry about anymore.

“Thank you for the news, it’s good to know that other places are safe to travel.” Not that she wouldn’t have traveled anyway, but perhaps she would have been more carious if necessary.

She gave a little glance around. She had found out what she had wanted to, but Marceline wanted a backup plan if she was in need of one. “I’d like to press on towards the west then, however, can I offer you anything in return for the information you’ve shared? I’m a skilled herbalist and healer if anyone is in need?” It wasn’t exactly a great situation to be hoping to patch someone up for them so they’d think favorably for her, but it was the best skill that Marceline possessed.

Apr 26, 2018 09:31 AM — Post #13

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

‘Taken care of’ was a mild way to explain what had been done to Elliot, but Effie would not comment. Elliot had been dealt with for the good of the Valley - Effie was not ashamed of her involvement, but flaunting the fact that a wolf had been murdered by herself and a team probably would not sit well with the stranger. Effie listened quietly, at least for a moment.

She did show more interest when the woman revealed she herself was a herbalist. Effie smiled, soft. She wished for a moment the woman was more inclined to stick around, perhaps if only for Effie to compare notes, so to speak. She seemed a bit older than Effie and Effie wasn’t so egotistic that she thought her own knowledge would be greater. Effie had realized a long time ago you could never compile too much information when it came to medicine. She gave her head a gentle shake, then. “Luckily, we have no sick or injured to tend to at the moment.”

Apr 26, 2018 07:30 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eyja smiled at Marceline, and listened to her offer. But, Effie was right; they didn’t have any wolves in the pack who needed help, healing. Everyone was fine. ’’Thank you for your offer, but we’re not in need any healing as of now.’’ Eyja told Marceline with a little smile. She remembered Effie was a healer, which meant they already had help for that, in case anything went wrong here. ’’We’re happy we could help you out at least a little bit.’’

Even if it was not much, it was something. Right? Because now Marceline had new places to go to, a new lead. However small it was. Eyja hoped she would find who she was looking for.

Apr 27, 2018 06:05 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.