Roleplay Forums | Map

A warning
[summons] [Icarus] | Sometime after "Why'd you only call me" | Afternoon

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

With the pups - mostly - big enough to be on their own, and with enough adults around that Leas didn’t feel like she was abandoning everyone, it didn’t feel as terrible to make her way through the forest to find the Labyrinth again. Icarus had certainly made it seem like the two packs ought to be friendly neighbors. Leas had even heard of some talk of the groups hunting together. All in all, she felt like it wasn’t completely out of place for her to come here with the news she had.

Partially, Leas wanted to be a good neighbor, and she wanted the Vanguard to be warned about the strange and possibly dangerous wolves. At the same time though, she wanted someone else to know that the Evergreens were at least partially involved, and she wanted their friends to perhaps drop by every once in a while. Leas had never ceased to be a paranoid wolf when it came to the safety of her family. She did not think she would ever truly lose the nagging sense that something might be horribly wrong at any moment.

In the end, she ended up at the Vanguard’s border, howling for Icarus and hoping that he would not mind her trip over here, and that perhaps he would be a reassurance to her in some way that the whole of their connected forest would be kept safe.

Apr 19, 2018 07:18 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

The leaves on the trees were in the midst of change. His favorite season was fully upon the valley now - autumn. And the labyrinth was illuminated in a rainbow of copper shades that warmed his heart, like a benevolent fire had ripped through the forest. Icarus had been lying on his back just outside his den, drifting in and out of sleep, admiring the way the sunlight filtered in through the reds and yellows.

Then the call came and roused him from his dream state.

Icarus yawned, rolled onto his paws, and stretched. With all of his muscles warmed by the diligent autumn sun, the masked boy began his jog toward the summoning, wondering who it might be that had called. It didn’t sound particularly urgent, but it didn’t sound like any of his packmates, either.

He was honestly rather surprised to see it was the dark woman from the Evergreens at his borders, once he reached her. Icarus woofed a greeting to her, picking up his pace to close the distance. “Miss Leas! Enjoying the fair weather?” he greeted, smiling.

Apr 19, 2018 09:31 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

Leas didn’t wait long before she heard a woof and saw the light colored Chief of the Vanguard heading towards her. “Hello Icarus,” she greeted, feeling a little come confident that he seemed happy to see her as well, though she wasn’t exactly here with good news.

“Yes, it’s been nice to have it cooling off a little, though the caverns were never too warm.” And she had hardly left the caverns during the entire summer. Perhaps wolves who did things beside just raise pups had found more time to notice the weather around them.

She shuffled her paws a little, but didn’t want to spend too much time without telling him what she had come here to explain. “I just wanted to tell you, warn you, maybe, about some wolves that we encountered…a-and I wanted to let you know in case they would come here as well.” She waited a moment for him to say she should continue, she thought that this made sense, that the two packs would tell each other about these kind of things.

Apr 21, 2018 11:17 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Epidemic J

Benevolent fire?

No such thing.

The devilish woman ripped through the leaves, stirring up flickers of trouble behind her. The season matched her. She wore the environment because it fit her like tight pants that wrapped around her curvaceous body. Thick sprouts of fur were beginning to take her again and Epidemic was once again whole. Her summer coat was one thing, but this winter coat? Man. It did things to her confidence and her walk that made her the beauty queen.

But, Epidemic was beautiful in many, many ways. Including being physically beautiful, she knew that she completed her jobs and tasks at an amazing rate. Epidemic never! never! slacked.

Making her way to her Chief, Icarus, she called out as she neared. “Yo!” Epidemic picked up her pace,“You’re from the Evergreens?” She questioned briefly, even though she was probably interrupting.

Apr 22, 2018 11:58 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus stopped once he was near enough to her, cocking his head slightly as she spoke of the caverns. He’d never been there before - were they always cold? Actually, now that he thought about it, it would make sense that caves would be cold. They must be dark and dank without receiving any sunlight. He wasn’t sure he’d ever be able to live in a cave. The labyrinth was about as closed off of an environment that could ever contain him.

“Autumn’s here in full force, I love it,” he commented, lifting his gaze to the fiery display of colours in the trees above. His tail flicked once, and then his attention shifted back to Leas as she spoke of a warning about wolves in the area.

“Oh?” he blinked, curious.

His ear twisted to the greeting call of his packmate. Icarus swung his head to cast his eyes toward Epidemic, his smile broadening at her approach. “Hey Demi!” he called back, allowing Leas to answer the question on her own.

Apr 28, 2018 11:37 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

The sudden, loud appearance of a strange, bright colored woman had Leas tucking her tail down between her legs. Her heart was suddenly racing in her chest, startled, though it seemed she didn’t truly need to be once the woman had greeted Icarus and herself.

She swallowed. “Y-yes, I’m Leas from the Evergreens.” She turned back to face Icarus more fully, he had seem interested in what she had to say about the troublesome wolves. She took a deep breath, this was sort of a long story.

“We found a wolf being attacked not far past our border a little while ago. The woman who attacked her was named Kaya - a big, white and gray female. I-I think she wanted to kill the other woman, who was named Aquila Blanc. Anyway, it all seemed like their family had some feud, or disagreement with each other. Kaya was aggressive, and threatened us. I just wanted to warn you about them in case they caused any trouble. Like I said, it was Kaya who was there. Crixus and Larisa were other names she said, and Blanc was their last name.”

Leas settled back into a sitting position, a little deflated from the worry of it all. She wanted to ask Icarus if they might come visit more often, help keep and eye out for trouble like this, but Leas knew they were their own pack. She wished that the Evergreens had even a handful of wolves in the pack like this. It was still really just three of them.

Apr 28, 2018 12:36 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Epidemic J

Epidemic lit up at Icarus’ bright happy call of her name. Demi! Her darken lips curled into a neat, enthusiastic smile that was content with the day’s work. When she turned her attention to Leas, she realized she must of scared the poor woman. Epidemic’s ears tilted back in a silent apology now coming to understand the subject at hand was sensitive, classified, and top secret.

But… Epidemic needed some clarification.

“So, just to get things completely claro. Kaya attacked Aquila… and Crixus and Larisa are just others related to them or were they in the area too? Is she?” Epidemic stuttered,”..or he—Aquila—okay? We have medical assistance here if needed. I know you have a lot to worry about in the Evergreens.”

She turned to look at Icarus, ready to absorb what he had to say, because really Epidemic was thinking about their weird encounter. “We had a weird experience, too…”

Apr 28, 2018 06:12 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

The other woman seemed to have realized that she had startled Leas and Leas ducked her own head down a little shyly, but she glanced back up the other woman asked questions. “Crixus and Larisa were related to Aquila - I think. They were maybe her siblings? But they weren’t nearby, Kaya left and headed sort of north-west, I’m not sure where they all live.” It was sort of a jumble, she realized that, but it was the best that Leas could piece it all together. “I think Aquila will be fine, we have a newer herbalist again, she’s offered to help.” The thought of Piper made Leas smile a bit, the other woman had been a very solid presence for them.

“W-what happened here that was weird?” She asked a bit hesitantly, glancing between the two Vanguard wolves. The thought of more things to worry about was daunting, but she’d rather know and be warned and prepared about it then stumble upon problems herself.

[3 day skipping Icarus]

May 13, 2018 12:07 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Epidemic J

The three second silence was an invitation that she needed to fill it.

With a quick glance to Icarus, Epidemic shifted her entire weight to speak towards Leas again. “Icarus found this one old woman. She is all white and spoke in an azzent, like dizz.” Her tail flicked in annoyance at the encounter. “We didn’t even get her name, but she talked about this distance pack that she’s from where the males are all violence and shit, and like how her mother? or was it her friend? I’m not sure… I think her name is Thrush? is in the valley and is missing and she’s trying to find her. As in Thrush.”

Epidemic gave a hefty huff and puff,“Then she left by giving us advice about wolfsbane and how it can kill and to avoid white wolves—which is ironic!” Her eyes nearly bugled,“because! she was a white wolf!”

The woman rolled her neck to release the obvious frustration the entire event had dealt her. Who was the weird little old lady with the accent!! Icarus and her sucked at border patrol!

May 13, 2018 01:18 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

What would be done with her warning wasn’t exactly clear. She flashed her gaze to Icarus for a moment, trying to see if he believed her or had any ideas or anything else to offer, but the other woman was speaking again quickly and Leas focused her attention back.

Leas nodded a little, her ears flicking forward to pay attention. Her eyes widened a little, recognizing the story that this woman was telling. Searching for a wolf named Thrush, and the mention of wolfsbane, the weird accent.

“I-I know that wolf. She came near the Evergreens and told me those things too. Her name was Sasha she said. That was a while ago now. Did she come back recently?” Leas still found it strange. The woman had claimed to be looking for her mother-in-law, but she didn’t seem to travel very far. In fact, it seemed she must have passed through this forest at least three times by this point.

May 15, 2018 07:49 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

(SO SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE ;_; )

Icarus listened to the exchange, nodding as he tucked all the names Leas mentioned away. There were a lot. Kaya, Aquila, Crixus, Larisa. And they were all related? No, they were siblings. Or cousins. His brow furrowed as he tried to wrap his head around everything Leas mentioned happening, seemingly immersing himself too much in his thoughts to be able to answer Leas’ next question in time.

That was when Epidemic piped up about their other recently odd encounter. The strange woman, with the strange accent, and the strange warning. He cocked a half-smile with mild amusement at the memory, but the smile faded again when Leas mentioned she had met the same wolf.

“No, not recently,” Icarus shook his head.  “You said Kaya was a big grey-and-white wolf… what about Aquila? And Crixus and Larisa? Do you think one of them could be the white wolf that Sasha was talking about?”

May 18, 2018 01:46 PM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.