Roleplay Forums | Map

And this is goodbye, for now
[summons] Caverns | Full Autumn | Morning | Raining outside | Calling Leas

Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris Staff

Pharaoh had learned the hard way not to howl in the caves. He stepped past the pool, still thinking how odd it was for wolves to just… hide in caves like bears. Caesar would have loved it here, she’d always liked them. He scowled to himself when he thought of his sister. Of everything he had scarified for her and her way of life only to be told by a third party she had left with that ingrate Magnus.

He would always carry that hurt, masked as righteous anger.

“Lady Leas?” He called in a steady tone instead of howling. He knew the sound would carry.

It never occurred to Pharaoh to call for Rathbone instead. Leas was the one who he preferred of the two adults. He suspected, though of course he was too much of a gentleman, that the poor manners displayed by all of the children here with the exception of Auberon were due to them emulating their father. Pharaoh had not failed to notice the way Rathbone all but ignored him during all of their interactions together, the polar opposite of Leas’s clear gratitude, which had wounded Pharaoh’s princely pride somewhat. But, each to their own - he knew he and Babette would not join this pack now so it was of little consequence to Pharaoh.

He settled down in a dignified sit to wait for a response, a trio of rabbits arranged purposefully beside him.

Apr 22, 2018 06:25 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Azalea Vedi-Spree J

Azalea thought it was strange that the man who came out of nowhere lived here. The little flower was the cave dweller of the family. A majority of the time she found a similar nook and sat there in her own daydreams—wondering about the expanding world around her. The wolves that came she automatically assumed were Kin: they are here to help and be a part of the family.

It worried her greatly when her mom’s name was called. It didn’t matter how Leas’ name was said, it made a pit grow in her stomach. Each step she took made branches and limbs stretch out like a screaming baby, punching and kicking her insides. They knotted and curled and twisted and burned a whimper out of her.

What was the event now?

What had happened that would change everything?

Azalea didn’t want to know. Another disaster was to come. The rain water would flood the caves and she would be stuck in here to drown. The little flower peaked around the corner, her claws clenched against the ground in predetermined anxiety. The man stood with rabbits at his feet.

Her mother had not come yet.

Azalea shied away, not ready to hear articulated regrets, misdemeanors, and failures.

Apr 23, 2018 12:26 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

Leas padded softly towards the sound of her name being called. Her tail wagged gently as she headed towards Pharaoh, he was always a pleasant wolf to speak with, and had proved himself many times over while staying with them.

She rounded a corner and spotted one of her children lingering in the hallway as well. She moved closer and dropped her head down just a little to lick and nuzzle at Azalea’s ears. All of the pups were growing and no doubt she would soon not have to lower her head down any to lick at them. Azalea seemed to have been the smallest of them all, though not too small. It still seemed like a little miracle that Azalea fit so well into their family. She looked enough like the others that she didn’t think anyone would question the dark pup, particularly with Auberon as proof of a black-furred pup. Leas wasn’t sure if Azalea remembered anything about her biological parents.

“Azalea darling, would you like to come say hello to Pharaoh?” She smiled encouragingly, nodding her head forward. She was sure Pharaoh would be able to hear her voice and know she was coming soon.

Apr 24, 2018 09:41 PM — Post #2

Name Player

Pharaoh heard the voice of Leas, speaking to one of the puppies doubtless form her maternal tone. He made his way towards them, soon spotting the wolf he had called for with her shyest daughter.

He smiled warmly at them both, tail waving gently. “As a matter of fact Lady Leas, Azalea and I are already acquainted.” He hoped the painfully shy puppy remembered him. He lowered his head and smiled more deeply at the child. “I merely mean to speak to your mother for a moment, young one.” He assured her. “I won’t be long, then I shall leave you to some family bonding time.” Rainy days were wonderful for such activities.

Apr 24, 2018 09:47 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Azalea Vedi-Spree J

Azalea initially stepped eagerly to her mother’s side, her gliding touch sliding perfectly between her two dark ears. Hiding next to mom was better than hiding next to some rock.

“Hi!” She squeaked under her breath to the man, but embarrassment flooded her cheeks. He needed to speak to Mom for a second. Without Azalea? Her pale eyes flickered downwards and her rump wiggled backwards. Azalea didn’t want to be in the way…

Apr 25, 2018 10:42 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

Leas returned the smile and the wag of her tail that she received from Pharaoh. Azalea was pressed up right against her side and Leas continued to nuzzle and snuffle at the fur of her smallest child. She was glad they were acquainted already, that Azalea had at least met other adults that weren’t just Rath and Leas themselves.

Azalea seemed to be wiggling backwards when Pharaoh said he wanted to speak with her but Leas snuck a paw out to try to wrap around the girl. “It’s alright darling, would you like to just sit beside me while we talk? I’m so glad you already know Pharaoh and said hello to him.” She smiled at her daughter but turned back to Pharaoh then. She didn’t think there was much of anything that was too much for Azalea to hear, boring back things more like.

“I did want to ask you Pharaoh, you haven’t run into any wolves nearby named Crixus, or Larisa, or Kaya have you? I wanted to make sure you and Rath hadn’t had any issues recently since you get out into the forest more. Those names were mentioned from the woman who had caused some trouble just past the border.” Leas just wanted to make sure all was well and no one had been lurking around, ready to cause more trouble for them. She knew Pharaoh wanted to discuss things of his own, but she hoped the worry in her expression would make it clear this was simply of concern for her pack and pups.

Apr 26, 2018 04:00 PM — Post #5

Name Player

Pharaoh nodded eagerly at hearing one of those names. “Oh yes, I met the Lady Larisa recently. She was most concerned about the possibility of hostile packs in the valley, I do recall. A very well-spoken lady indeed.” Pharaoh was so easily impressed by manners.

“But come, Lady Leas, do tell me of this trouble you speak of. Is it anything I ought to alert the Rangers about?”

Apr 27, 2018 07:11 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

Leas flicked her ears forward, a little confused to hear that Pharaoh had met one of the wolves that had been mentioned, and seemed to think favorably of her. Leas settled back into a sitting position, figuring that she ought to tell Pharaoh the entire story and see what he thought of it all.

“I heard a woman yelling in the forest, not too far from the caverns. Her name was Aquila and she was being attacked by a wolf named Kaya. I’d met Kaya before, she had seemed…pleasant enough, but clearly she’s dangerous. Others from the pack arrived with me and Kaya tried to command us to leave, I think she was intent on killing Aquila if we hadn’t intervened. It all seemed to be some familial dispute between Aquila, Kaya, Crixus, and Larisa. I…don’t know how they’re all related.” That was far too much for Leas to try to keep track of. Crixus was Aquila’s brother she though. Kaya was a friend of them it seemed, and Larisa was…some other family member.

“If nothing else, I think the Rangers ought to know that Kaya seems very dangerous to me. She threatened the pack here, and only relented when we were adamant she couldn’t murder a wolf in front of us.” Leas spoke firmly of this, feeling her convictions were correct and she had done the correct thing.

She looked at Pharaoh with a little hopeful expression. “If more Rangers wanted to visit, we’d be more than happy to have them, anytime.” She liked the idea of other packs checking in on them, making sure all was going well, and that the Evergreens had friends they could call upon.

[3 days skipping Azalea]

May 01, 2018 06:44 PM — Post #7

Name Player

Pharaoh followed all of this as best he could, somewhat bemused as he nodded along. He wondered what the link to the lovely Lady Larisa was - maybe he ought to go back to the beach, and ask? But there was the journey home as well. He couldn’t go everywhere.

“Well, it sounds a complex situation - I will of course pass your words along, Lady Leas.” He nodded, wishing he had a little more information, but that was enough for now. He hoped the Evergreens wouldn’t get involved in any family squabbles that didn’t involve them, but he could not simply stand guard here for the remainder of his days.

“Of course, this too I shall pass along to the Rangers.” The former price smiled. “You have my deepest thanks for your hospitality, Lady Leas.” No mention of her children or mate’s hospitality, he was too polite for such a thing.  These were not his children to raise.

May 03, 2018 09:21 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti

Pharaoh agreed to pass on what she had told him, and for that she was very happy. At least others would be aware of things then if anything happened, but maybe that awful white furred woman would never come back this way again - Leas could only hope.

She nodded her head respectfully as Pharaoh agreed and thanked her for her hospitality. She didn’t connect that he was trying to say he was leaving. She gave him a small smile. “Thank you for coming here to help us, it means a lot.” It meant a lot to know that she had a wolf who was a friend that she could count on. There had been so many others here who simply abandoned them, and it had been a very slow process to find anyone who wished to reside here as well.

“But, I’m sorry, you had called me. What did you want to talk about?” She smiled at Pharaoh and her tail wagged gently, not wanting to monopolize their conversation with all of her own topics.

May 04, 2018 06:56 PM — Post #9

Name Player

He smiled, but preened a little under the gratitude. It was exactly what so few Evergreens had expressed, but he reveled in it now.

“Well, Lady Leas, simply to wish you goodbye before my mate and I departed.”

((Sorry sucky Pharaoh muse))

May 17, 2018 08:11 AM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.