Roleplay Forums | Map

madison’s general absence thread
updated: june 5th - ??? (icarus, adhara, josalyn, tunglid, montauk)

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts helper profile

UPDATE: Please see most recent post.

Hey guys! You’ve probably noticed my drastically decreased activity, I was hoping I’d be able to pick back up again but it hasn’t happened yet - so I figure I may as well toss this up just so everyone knows where I’m at.

Some of you may already know, but I’m getting married this summer in July! It’s very exciting, but also a TON of work and even more stress, haha. I’ve been very busy keeping things organized and arranging things, etc.

I also have several writing projects that I’m working on. I’ve mentioned looking for beta readers before, and I definitely still am once the ARC is prepared - but this gobbles up a lot of my time too! In any case, expect to see me toss up a thread looking for beta readers soon. These projects are very important to me and pivotal to me kicking off my writing career, so I tend to prioritize them over RP.

Aside from that, I am working from home as a freelance graphic/web designer, and so a good chunk of my time goes toward… actual work… lol ;_;

And finally, ALL of this busy stuff has unfortunately sapped my muse. Between wedding stuff, writing, work, housework, making time to see friends/family, and the rare moments I actually have to unwind, I find myself constantly pushing Horizon down to the bottom of my list, and then at the end of the day I’m just too tired to sit and write posts.

I’m definitely still around - you probably see me stalking in the online list often, sometimes I even pop into the cbox :P But! This is just to let everybody know that my shortage of posts isn’t due to me leaving or anything. I’m just busy. SUPER busy. I’m not sure when this will end, hopefully soon! In the mean time, I’ll try very hard to sneak in a post here and there, but I can’t guarantee anything.

Love y’all <3

May 02, 2018 11:57 AM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jun 05, 2018 06:01 PM by Icarus ]
Name Player
Isidore Madeline
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AHHH I didn’t know my birthday buddy was getting married! Congratulations!!!! That’s so exciting, I hope your future with the lucky guy is full of happy moments and luck! But I totally understand, and while I don’t have any of my characters interacting with yours atm, take your time!!! We love you Madi #2!

May 02, 2018 01:12 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Daniel Hayle kay
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts artist helper profile

!?! we will GLADLY be at the bottom of ur list omg

i honestly can’t imagine being loaded with that many important things at once and still somehow be able to human. u are an absolute champ. congrats and i hope you two have a wonderful rest of your life together! <3

May 03, 2018 05:32 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Cleo Divinity armadillo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

MAD-UH-SON

super duper congrats on your upcoming nuptials! i hope it goes awesome and i’m sure it’ll be worth all the planning and stress. it’s so awesome to see you bringing your dreams to life and i agree wholeheartedly that everyone is happy to wait. ilysm.

May 05, 2018 12:55 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

OK! I’m here and I’m gonna try to do some catching up. FYI: posts might be a little short as I get back into the swing of things.

May 18, 2018 01:12 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison
Achievements (?)

Hey guys, not an absence notice but more just about scarcity/lack of posting.

My cat went missing the evening of June 3rd. We’re in crisis mode trying to find her and it’s been hard to focus on work/anything else. My heart is broken and I’ve been spending as much time as possible searching or sitting out waiting for her. I will try to stay on top of posts, but don’t be surprised if it takes me longer than usual to reply to tags.

Jun 05, 2018 06:02 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Nala Vãduvã Kori
Achievements (?)
2mos artist helper profile

*friendly bump*

really sorry to hear about your cat :C I hope they come home soon -hugs-

Jun 05, 2018 09:05 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

I hope your cat shows up Madison! Probably all stuff you know about, but you’ve dropped posters in at local pet places - vets, shops, groomers - and posted in any local social media groups for her?

Jun 06, 2018 05:55 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Tunglid frá Norðri Madison
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Good news!! A friend of ours had spotted France (our cat) a few houses down, and we were able to retrieve her late on Friday night. It was tough - she bolted from us the first few times - but I managed to coax her out of hiding with some treats and sweet talking, and she is finally back home. Tomorrow she has a vet appointment to make sure everything is in good order.

Here she is posing for our wedding photographer earlier today. She seems to know exactly when and how to be photogenic :P

So glad that she is back with us. <3 Last week was basically a write-off due to my horrible mood/depression (apologies to everyone who experienced the fallout from that), so I’m going to be trying to catch up on all the work I missed. I will hopefully try to catch up on posts again tomorrow (June 11th).

Jun 10, 2018 09:09 PM — Post #8

[ Edited: Jun 10, 2018 09:11 PM by Tunglid ]
Name Player
Auracilla Solaris Syrup
Achievements (?)

<3 Yay for finding your precious kitty! Hope all is well at the vet tomorrow.

Jun 10, 2018 09:38 PM — Post #9

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.