Roleplay Forums | Map

Fluff out your coat, winter is coming
Mid autumn, sad sick Pierre, early morning

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pierre was home. He had been sluggish, lately, and he blamed himself. He should have done better. Winter was on its way, and Pierre didn’t feel too happy about it. He should get off his ass and start teaching his kids hunting, before winter would be upon them. But for now, he was sitting at Blaise’s grave, staring at it. And, he missed her. He missed her a lot.

Charcoal was gone, his mother was gone, everyone was gone. Blaise was dead. Pierre felt… alone. And he felt like he was slacking as a father. He had tried so hard to raise his kids well, but he had found himself detached and worried, lately. And he was afraid he was being too emotional, too nervous.

A sigh escaped him, followed by a cough. He had not feeling a 100% since he got back from the mountain trip. He felt tired. He guessed he was getting sick. He stared at the grave, and laid down in front of it. His right front paw rested on the hill of sand, at the base. Pierre did not know what to do. ’’Blaise. I feel lost.’’ he mumbled, ears twitching lightly.

Of course there was no response.

There was a drizzling rain, and Pierre snorted at it in amusement. It was as if the weather was responding to his mood. It sure fit it. ’’I’m probably crazy for talking to a grave but- it makes me feel a little better. I wish you were still here… I wish you could have seen our kids grow up.’’

he fell quiet, for a second. And started frowning lightly. ’’Bayley has gone blind. I’m not sure if he still sees shadows but- I’m worried about him. I wish I knew how to help him, how to make it easier on him.’’
He wasn’t as much talking to Blaise as he was trying to process his own thoughts. But talking to a ghostly sense sort of made it easier for him. It gave him the feeling he was a little less alone.

’’Percival is getting a little rebellious. He left the territory without letting me know.’’ Pierre huffed at that, a small smile touching his lips. ’’I guess that’s part of growing up- I went out once when I was five months old, to explore…’’

He had met Marzena, back then. He ought to visit her again. She had been kind to him, motherly. He found it easy to talk to her, maybe because she reminded him of his own mother. He had not seen her in far too long. Maybe that was what he was ought to do, first. A little trip to the Glen. He coughed again, and hummed, a disgusted look on his face.
’’I already feel so old even though I haven’t even reached my third year yet. Isn’t that funny? I feel so tired…’’

May 06, 2018 04:42 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Percival D'Augusta Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
artist helper

He’d been looking, but he couldn’t find him. It was probably Percy’s fault for being so caught up in the action elsewhere. He’d lost track of him. His blind brother.

He was gone.

He went looking for Pierre as soon as he realized it, and it didn’t take too long to find him. Percy visited this place from time to time, too, though the frequency had decreased as he aged and became more and more interested in things beyond the gorge. As Blaise had faded from his memory- never entirely, but her image more faint. More blurred. Darker, somehow.

He opened his mouth, tried to speak to his father’s back, and only a croak emerged. His ears flattened, tail drooping behind him, and he cleared his throat to try again. “Dad?”

May 10, 2018 07:35 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pierre had been so lost in thought, he had not heard one of his sons arrive. His ears were pressed back, his eyes focused on the grave. Until he heard the boy speak. He turned, and stared at him. ’’Oh, Percy?’’ he said. He wanted to ask if the boy cared to join him, but he noticed the look on the kid’s face and… something did not feel right.

The moment they had gotten back from the trip, Pierre had felt off. Wanting to be alone for a little while… He didn’t know Bayley was missing. Or, missing as far as they knew. ’’What’s… wrong boy?’’

Don’t be it bad news, please.

May 10, 2018 11:15 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
artist helper

Pierre didn’t seem right, either, but Percy’s preoccupation with Bayley’s absence pushed it from his mind for the time being. His ears flattened and he looked around, unsure. “I can’t find Bayley,” he said. Though he kept his voice reasonably calm, there was a hint of desperation laced into it. Bayley was not typically difficult to find.

May 11, 2018 08:35 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Percival said he could not find Bayley, and Pierre felt his heart sink. He was already panicking. Because Bayley was his son. Because Bayley was blind. And Percival could not find the boy. And of course, Pierre’s mind immediately shot to the bad possibilities. Bayley lost, Bayley hurt. Bayley dead.

’’We- we need to find him.’’ Pierre said, getting to his paws. They needed to find Bayley! Pierre could not lose another! Not again! ’’Let’s find his scent and head out.’’

May 11, 2018 11:14 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Achievements (?)
artist helper

Pierre didn’t take any time to spring into action, and Percy responded with a nod. Dad knew what to do. He should’ve known that, of course. “Okay.” He began to sniff around immediately, glad to have a focus. He wasn’t really all that optimistic about it, but it still felt good to be doing something. Action was always the answer.

May 12, 2018 10:03 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Percival was quick to agree and set to work, sniffing for Bayley’s scent. Pierre joined him, but already the situation looked bleak; Bayley’s scent wasn’t as strong. Was it already fading? How long ago had they come back home? Had he set out again immediately after coming back? There were so many things Pierre worried about, so many things he wondered.

He just hoped… that his son wasn’t hurt, or dead. He hoped- he had just gone out for a bit, and gotten a bit lost due to his bad eye sight? That still wasn’t a good thing, though. that really wasn’t a good thing, and didn’t make it any easier for Pierre. The father was paranoid. With most of his family gone or dead, his sons were his everything. And he did not want to lose another family member again.

Intently, he started sniffing, and followed the boy’s fading scent. Pierre assumed it lead them out of the Gorge. And while Pierre was not keen on leaving home, not again, right now he just wanted his son back with him. He just wanted his children.

May 13, 2018 02:53 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)
artist helper

It was true that the scent trails were old, and Percy was becoming less confident of finding Bayley than he had with the initial surge of hope brought about by action. He stopped, head raised, and looked to his father. They were of a height, now, Pierre and his son, though the younger was leaner of muscle and was showing indications of remaining that way. It was strange all of a sudden to no longer look up at his father, as if it had happened overnight rather than the gradual process it had actually been. Maybe it was something about the beaten down air of his dad. No doubt grief and worry had aged him more than his years.

“We should tell Bucky. Get a search party together.” They were Rangers. It was what they did- finding lost wolves. One of their own was missing, surely they could get a band together to seek him out.

May 14, 2018 01:17 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A search party. Yes, they needed a search party! But, that would take time. It would take time to go find Bucky, and get a search party together. It took less time to just follow the boy’s scent right now and run after him. Pierre was panicking, he was so scared. But he held it in, to the best of his ability. As to not worry Percival too much. However… he was impatient.

’’I- you tell Bucky. I will go after his scent. Leave my own scent behind, so others can easier follow. I just- cannot sit here and wait until everyone’s gathered and ready to go…’’ he said. Percival would probably complain about his idea, wanting to go with him and do this together but… what if Bayley’s scent was fully faded by the time the search party was together? It would all be useless. If Pierre went now… they could follow his scent.

He coughed softly.

May 15, 2018 02:41 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
artist helper

Percy frowned at his father’s cough, though he nodded at the words he spoke. “Okay. I’ll get Bucky, you go.” he started to bound away, but his chest tightened for some reason, and he looked back at his dad with a worried expression.

“Dad, uhm.” He looked at his feet, toes flexing in the sandy earth. “Be careful?” he said finally, and then he was pressing his head against his father’s fur in a quick embrace. He didn’t like the idea of Pierre going out on his own, but he also knew this wasn’t the time to argue.

May 15, 2018 07:34 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pierre had not expected Percival to agree with him so easily, but the boy did and Pierre was glad. He watched as his kid was ready bounced off, but suddenly turned back to him. There was a moment of silence, and Pierre looked at him with a light frown, waiting for the boy to say something. He was told to be careful, eventually, before the boy pressed himself into Pierre. The older male smiled gently, and licked the top of Percival’s head in response. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, feeling the heat of Percival’s body. Taking in his son’s scent, before he would go after the other one. Just because he wanted to smell the boy and remember him. If anything else dared to happen.

’’You know I will be.’’ he told the boy. ’’I promise I will be careful.’’ Another lick over the boy’s head, and a soft nuzzle. And then, he pulled back. How much he wanted to stay here for longer and be close with his son, he had his other son to find. He had to bring Bayley back home. ’’I will be on my way.’’ he told the kid, before turning back to try and get Bayley’s scent again. He had to do this, now or never.

He held in a cough. Stupid cold.

May 15, 2018 08:49 AM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.