Roleplay Forums | Map

Yippy
Cloudy/ very near border of east Eden and falls

Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was still relatively warm, but colder breezes had started to make their way through the forest. Nanna was content with basically any weather. The girl was not one to complain.

Yawning, Nanna sat upon a stump of a fallen tree that stretched across the border. The child knew to not cross it, but it ok to look, right? Big-color eyes watched the movement of the leaves, and she felt relaxed.

Sometimes the girl wondered what or who was over there. Mother had said there were bad wolves, but the forest beyond seemed pretty peaceful. Maybe he mother was just trying to scare her so she didnt venture to far… that was an idea, but Nanna was a good girl and would obey her mother, so she stayed upon her stump.

May 06, 2018 08:19 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts profile

Finni, unlike her littermate, was not enjoying the cold breezes of autumn. She noticed her coat was beginning to thicken, but it never seemed enough to keep out the wind at night.

Nonetheless, she had already made up her mind to spend more time with her sister. They had grown quiet towards each other since the recent deaths and solitary adventures, and though they nested together each night, Finni didn’t appreciate how little time they spent exploring together.

It was easy enough to follow the freshest scent Nanna had left behind, and the white runt found her littermate perched quietly upon a stump.

“Hi, Nanna!”

With an excited yip of greeting, Finni leapt up beside her sister to sit shoulder to shoulder With the creamy pup; nuzzling behind her ear and giving a loving lick to her muzzle.

“Whatcha doin’?”

May 06, 2018 08:31 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ears flicked back and head spun around as a familiar voice called out to her. Nanna immediately grinned at her sister. It was always a relief Finni was so outgoing with her… usually she was very shy around strangers.

“Hiya Finni,” she practically purred as her sister gave affectionate nudges and licks. The cream colored girl returned the loving actions.

“Wondering… wishing… watching,” she replied as her head pulled away and turned back toward the border. “Do you think there are actually bad wolves?” She asked giving a side glance toward her sister.

May 06, 2018 08:42 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)

Any worry Finni might’ve had about distance between them vanished like fog in the sunlight. Nanna greeted her with enthusiasm, raining affection over the white girl as readily as ever.

Everything was fine.

The answer she gave, however, brought a frown to Finnis face. Wishing and wondering about…. bad wolves?

Finni allowed silence to reign as she thought about it, about Natashas talk with her. Finally, she gave a quiet answer.

“Aunty Nat says that sometimes, wolves do bad things. It’s the Brotherhoods job to teach ‘em a lesson, by fighting ‘em or…. or k-killing ‘em, depending on what they done.”

Thinking a little more about it, she remembered Eyjas reaction when she left the falls.

“Mum got real cross when I left the borders, too. What else would she be worryin’ about ‘cept bad wolves?”

May 06, 2018 09:04 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Nanna wiggled her nose as her sibling spoke. Letting her finish, “I just don’t believe they are completely bad… and killing isn’t the proper way to teach them a lesson,” she said.

“Surely wolves aren’t born bad… there has to be a reason,” she thought aloud. “Maybe the wolves over there,” she said nodding across the border, “are just confused or hurt,” she ended thoughtfully.

May 06, 2018 09:09 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)

If there was anything Finni agreed with in Nannas words, it was that killing wasn’t the proper way to handle things. She did, however, believe that wolves could be bad for no reason. For what might’ve been the first time in her short life, Finnis green eyes hardened as she glared off over the border.

“I never did anythin’ mean to Xan,  but he hurt me, Nanna. Look at my tail!”

Curling her tail closer to her paws, Finni glanced down at the now barely noticeable crook at the very top. The longer adult fur had helped to hide it, but the white girl knew it was an imperfection she would live with for the rest of her life because of that awful, scary boy. At least the thin scar down her shoulder had been covered by her pelt.

“He was always so mean to us, and we weren’t mean to him. I think he’s a bad wolf, and I’m glad he’s gone.”

May 06, 2018 09:42 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The girl looked to her sister. She had never seen Finni angry and immediately the child felt bad. Her ears folded back as the white and grey pup explained her feelings.

“Finni… They were taken from their mother. Their mother didnt want them. I think that is a pretty good reason for being mean…” she said. “It doesnt make it right… But wouldnt you be angry at the wolves who took you from your mother?” she asked tilting her head. Her voice was gentle and calm. Surely Finni had compassion.

May 07, 2018 07:52 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)

Nanna still tried to defend them. Finnis ears flattened, and her gaze refused to meet her littermates. She didn’t care if their mother had been taken from them, if she hadn’t wanted them. Finni didn’t want them either.

“Maybe she didn’t want ‘em because they were mean, Nanna.”

How would she feel if her mother suddenly wasn’t There? Well, yeah, Finni would be angry and scared, but she did know one thing….

“I wouldn’t have attacked somebody.”

By now, Finnis angry grimace was fading, morphing into sadness as her gaze glossed over with tears. Shed never done a bad thing to Xan and Nem in her life, but they had treated her and her entire family with hatred. For him, no, Finni couldn’t muster up any sort of compassion.

May 07, 2018 08:03 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This wasnt going well… But Nanna didnt know how to make it better. She didn’t want to lie to make Finni feel better… But she also didnt like to see Finni angry or unhappy.

“Why does Aunty Nat like them then?” she asked tilting her head. The girl recalled Nat calling for Xan a good amount.

May 07, 2018 07:01 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)

As the girls anger faded, Nanna brought up an admittedly good point. Why did Aunt Natasha like them? At this, the child could only shrug, sniffling away a tear.

“Dunno. But I hope they stay away.”

With a last sigh and a glance at her ruined tail, Finni forced a smile. It wasn’t hard to do as she changed the subject, unwilling to be cross with her sister.

“Well be gettin’ mentors soon, Nanna! Who’re you hopin’ for?”

May 17, 2018 08:35 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Nanna Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Strange world we live in,” she sighed, but it soon turned into giggles. Bi color eyes shot toward her sister as she gave her a gentle nudge.

“Hmm, I want Stark,” she replied. He was her favorite. The boy always made her feel better even when he was down. “How about you?” Nanna was hoping she wouldn’t say Stark because that would be a problem.

Jun 09, 2018 08:14 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Finni Raven Marie
Achievements (?)

A strange world indeed, Nanna.

Finni was glad to turn to a lighter topic; a day she longed for, getting her mentor. Proving her worth in the pack and honing her skills.

Naturally, Nanna wanted Stark. Finni giggled, thinking of her sunny, outgoing sister having a mentor in the grumpy man. The question was turned on her, next, and the pale child considered her words before speaking.

“Aunty Nat taught me to swim. She’s a great teacher! I wouldn’t mind her, or maybe Effie. She knows how to heal.”

Jun 10, 2018 08:46 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.