Roleplay Forums | Map

Wild Pup
Light rain/Mid Autumn/ not too far from moonglade springs, heading north east/ nearly sunset

Vienna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Vienna Bella

Vienna trotted along at a quick pace, her gait holding no bounce or purpose as she traveled. Her cinnamon coat was unkempt and slightly dirty from many days of moving, all tangles and windswept fur. She had no desire to clean it just yet. I have to keep going. Having not noticed the terrain she was in, Vienna focused on willing her tired muscles to continue on in search of home. What home was, Vienna had no clue anymore. At the moment, it meant somewhere with food. While it was only Autumn, she had been a little limited on food resources along the way here. Not that it wasn’t a common occurrence for her.

Annoyed at her thickening pelt and the cooling weather, not to mention her hungry body, Vienna picked up the pace. It became almost feverish as she full our sprinted blindly forward, vaguely aware of the soft rain sticking to her fur as she went. It felt like an endless cycle now. Walking, running, hunting, resting. Over and over she had preformed those same actions in the past several months of her young life. With the kind of anger only brought forth by those at their highest point of frustration, she pushed on, oblivious to the world around her.

OOC: Pardon her, she’s been through stuff. A wolf she could crash into (hypothetically) would be appreciated!
Count: 213 words (short, but a starter.)

May 08, 2018 10:23 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny hobbled through the mountains, in a sour mood. His right shoulder and leg ached all the way down to his poor injured paw that he was favoring. He’d gone to wrangle with a porcupine and came out the worse for it - though the porcupine was dead and he’d forced himself to eat the entire thing in anger and frustration. Benny had plucked out as many quills from the damned beast as he could, but a few remained in spots he simply couldn’t stretch his head around to.

He glanced through the rain, trying to remember what he knew about this place and what he knew to be nearby. He had disliked the need to pass through these mountains again, but after months and no sign of his sister, he had turned back north again. He figured he must be somewhere between Miss Nima’s Empire and the basin with Stephan on the other end.

Flicking his gaze around he studied a quickly approaching figure, except she wasn’t just approaching, she seemed to be sprinting straight towards him. Benny let out a yip to try to catch her attention and tried to hobble out of her way, but injured and having only three good legs at the moment, he wasn’t as spry as normal.

[Excuse him being marked inactive, he’s coming back after being gone for a while]

May 09, 2018 07:58 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Vienna Bella

Something in Vienna told her to stop. It spoke in both frantic voices tugging at her muscles and gentle whispers wrapped around her heart. Yet still, she pushed. She was angry. Angry that she could not hunt more than a small rabbit, angry that her parents weren’t there to give her the skills she needed in life.

And then… It was gone. She could see again, hear again and… Feel. A short and high pitched noise had pulled her out. Well isn’t that funny. Such a small thing and yet… It was only one pastel before she realised what was wrong. A wolf was in her path, looking bewildered as she rushed towards him.

Letting out an unpleasantly high pitched squeal of some kind, with wide eyes she swerved to the left and skidded past the wolf. She wouldn’t have been surprised if her tail had hit his face with her frantic movements. Embarrassed and honest to lupus afraid, Vienna turned around slowly, backing up with her head down and shoulders lowered.

“I’m… I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking. I’m just…” Vienna shook her head, raising her eyes to his with her tail limp. She wouldn’t make excuses. She didn’t know this wolf, and for all she knew he would be angry if she did. “I’m Vienna, a packless wolf. I can only hope you’ll forgive my idiocy?”

Grovelling. Perfect. Vienna remained bowed and small, increasing their height difference in hopes the wolf before her would be a kind one. He didn’t look mean, so maybe her wishful thinking wouldn’t be so far from the truth after all.

May 09, 2018 10:14 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts anniversary1 artist profile

Even short trips, like the day spent in the range, were enough to make one such as Morwen homesick. She’d made her way back to the springs as quickly as she could, glad to be back in their enveloping grasp soon after. It was a funny thing. Not many weeks back, she hated them; avoided them like rotten scavenges. She avoided them like she had Gareth, when she’d lived with the man, as if he’d inhabited her springs, too.

Just as one wolf could fuck a place up, though, another could heal it. She was glad the world had finally chosen to play fair.

The umber wolf sat on a ridge, perching atop the slope of one of the many mountains who embraced the pass each day. It was from there that she watched the dead grass below, scanning for others. For bodies. They still needed more, if they were to have any influence over this place. And preferably not pups. Physically, they weren’t particularly useless, but their naivety was insufferable. Morwen had been reminded of this upon the visit of one of Nima’s little shits. Kopec, was it?

Silently, she wondered how well it was going for Tomas. For Black, if she remembered correctly. That man had smelled something like the former. She scoffed into the wind. What a life they must lead.

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a chorus of yips from the cradle below. Her ears perked, and she craned her neck upwards to get a better look.

Two wolves. Two she’d never seen; never smelled.

Morwen licked her lips as she rose to her feet, and started the short trek down the mountainside towards their little procession. She held her tail high as she went, doing little to veil her approach, or her inflated pride.

| is visible. will arrive next round.

May 09, 2018 12:24 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

A high-pitched whine escaped from the little timber wolf as he hunched his shoulders and back, bracing for an impact with the other wolf. He bent his face away, ready to flinch from the pain of porcupine needles that were no doubt about to be shoved further into his poor hide.

The impact and pain never came though, just a comparatively gentle smack of a tail across his muzzle and a young female voice apologizing to him. Benny took a hopping step on his three good legs to turn to face the girl.

She was little, like him, they almost seemed to be the same size, and he was struck by her interesting coat and bright eyes looking at him. All in all, she was pretty. “You’re forgiven,” he replied quickly, not needing to think about it for more than a second. “I’m Benvolio, I don’t have a pack either, I was traveling, looking for my sister.” He took a little hopping step forward and then halted with a wince as he jostled some of the quills.

“Maybe you could help?” He asked with a combination of hope and embarrassment. He knew he couldn’t hardly get them out himself though. It had only been part of a day and they already hurt like hell. Awkwardly, he pivoted himself around so that she could see the spot on the back of his leg where porcupine quills still stuck out, and the red, increasingly inflamed spots where he had already pulled out quite a few.

Turning had brought his attention towards a dark wolf coming down the slope towards them. Benny gave a little woof to the new woman - also pretty he thought - as she came down.

May 09, 2018 06:50 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Vienna Bella

Vienna felt her heart rate slow almost immediately. He wasn’t a mean wolf after all! She piped up with a cheerful thanks and nodded her head enthusiastically, keeping herself from pulling in a sharp breath at the sight of the male’s pierced body. She decided it best not to ask about his sister.

She too called out a gentle greeting to the approaching wolf, much more energetic than before. She didn’t like the way she held herself though… Shaking her head, she stood proud as well while she moved to pull a quill from the poor creamy timber’s pelt.

“I’m sorry if I hurt you worse… Just take a deep breath and nip me if you feel like it.” Vienna spoke in the soothing tone her mother had taken when she was sick, hoping it would help. She then proceeded to talk about the most random things around them, like a certain patch of grass or the way her tail looked like a vine with all the water soaked into it.

Praying the distractions would help, she pulled as she talked. Some needles came out without too much of a pull, leaving a welt where they once were. Others slipped from her jaw and she apologized before tugging it out fully. There was no easy way to do this, she had noticed.

Vienna kept going until they were gone, finally running out of weird things to bring into conversation as she stood silently and looked him over. When his fur was dyed with blood like that, Vienna couldn’t help but worry about the wolf she had just met.

May 09, 2018 07:31 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

Morwen closed the gap between herself and the two strangers long before they had finished… whatever it was that they were doing. She watched with intrigue, standing a comfortable distance away, tail flagging still and swaying in the gentle breeze. Though her fur had wilted some from the rain, her posture was unperturbed by it.

It was only once the young girl had finished that Morwen addressed them.

“Hello,” she greeted smoothly, looking from the two of them to the wounds on the male’s leg. She blinked. “Um… that’s pretty bad. Do you know how to treat it?” She was banking on his ignorance. As much as she’d prefer not caring for other wolves, there was nothing wrong with making them indebted them to her—and this boy really was in need of some first aid.

Morwen glanced at the girl briefly. She appeared a bit skinny, too, but perhaps that was merely her size. Was she a pup, too? She didn’t look much younger than Morwen had been when she first made it here.

May 09, 2018 09:29 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

The bigger woman came closer and Benny watched her for a moment, but he was soon distracted by the smaller one pulling at the quills stuck into his leg. The first one elicited a yip from him - he had failed to take a deep breath. Each one after was a wince and while the woman spoke Benny kept his own mouth shut for once, grimacing against the pain of it. His leg was already inflamed, painful, and the young male felt certain that long distance travel would be difficult for a while.

The woman was finally finished and Benny was panting, his head hung down near the ground, his bad leg curled up and away from the ground so as not to irritate the spots on the bottom of his paw where he had pulled out other quills himself. “Thanks,” he mumbled huskily to the girl, though he did appreciate her help.

It took a moment to realize first that the woman was done pulling them out - that he was finally free of them - and then that the other wolf had asked about treating the wounds. Benny managed a shake of his head, vaguely in her direction. Healing had never been his interest.

May 09, 2018 10:22 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Vienna Bella

Although she didn’t like being ignored, Vienna stood patiently a body length from the injured male nearly her size. She didn’t like the female much, holding herself as if she ruled the world. Vienna held herself tall as well, tail high and ears perked. It felt good to feel like she was in control of something, despite their height difference.

Vienna had offered a nod when thanked, and continued to watch him carefully for any signs of… Well, she didn’t know. She watched him just in case she was needed, hoping against hope that he wouldn’t get worse. She knew little about wounds other than the fact they were painful and could get infected, so she stayed silent while watching the two still.

Had the pale wolf not been there, she honestly might have run from the dark elder female. Visibly wary, she waited, holding her curiosity at bay. While she wouldn’t admit it here, she wondered about how wounds like this would be treated. Maybe, if the female wasn’t as brash and arrogant as she looked, Vienna might ask to learn.

May 09, 2018 11:35 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

The young male seemed to shake his head in reply to her question, but Morwen wasn’t sure by the way his head remained canted awkwardly, and his apparent meekness. The woman flicked her ear curiously at his mannerism, tail bobbing slowly as it swayed with the breeze.

“Well,” she began, “you shouldn’t be walking on it, that’s for sure—but you also shouldn’t stay out in this weather for too long.” There was an informative lilt in her voice that, typically, it did not hold. She wasn’t one to take up the role of the commander, yet here she was, doing so. It came so easily now.

The umber wolf turned her head over her shoulder to gaze up the slope, whose incline she’d come from. “I live up there, in a cavern, with my friends. I’d be willing to vouch for your stay until your wound heals. Bring you herbs and such, so long as you help out once your leg’s well enough.” She glanced to the young girl; this offer was hers for the taking, too, should she pursue it.

“It’s a nice spot. High up, quiet, with a view of the valley, and warm water.” A place where sentimentality is far too easy to sow. She wondered if they would become just as attached as her, if they chose to follow. The whole thing was a bit of a stretch—she doubted Lorenzo would be happy, having more children in their midst—but young, impressionable minds could be of use, provided they had the predisposition for it.

May 12, 2018 02:01 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny blinked a few times, focusing his gaze on the large woman as she spoke. He flexed his paw slightly, eliciting a wince at her almost-reprimand not to walk on it. He’d certainly been trying not too, but hopping around on three legs wasn’t exactly an easy task.

His brows knitted together as she spoke. She was…inviting him to her home? Him? Benny? He was being asked to go with her, somewhere nice, and safe, and she’d help him? She wasn’t anything like his sister, not the right size, or color, or anything. But she was being nice. No one had been nice to Benny in a long time.

He took a little tri-pod hop towards her, raising his head up a little, expression hopeful. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’m a really good hunter, I mean, I was. I will be.” There was a tiredness in his voice, but it was closer to his usual self again. “I’ll go.” He was just mystified at being invited somewhere. Benny was horrible at staying in one place, but with a bad leg he couldn’t go far anyway, and if this pretty lady would help him, he’d try at least - for a while. He glanced back at Vienna. “You’ll come, right?” He didn’t hardly know her, but she’d helped him, they could get used to some new place together.

May 12, 2018 02:21 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Vienna Bella

Vienna tilted her head in utter confusion when the dark wolf spoke. The words reminded Vienna of her mother, while her tone was quite different. She was still a little unsure, but a lot more open to the female now.

Vienna wasn’t certain at first if the invite was open to her as well, and she really did want to stay with the injured male she met. He wasn’t grumpy when she nearly ran into him, but was instead forgiving and kind. She couldn’t keep her tail from wagging when he turned to her and asked if she’d join.

While Vienna was nearly an adult, she still refused to give up on her puppy heart and instincts. She made decisions quickly, not wanting to grow up just yet. “Of course I’ll come! Food, sleep, a home! Plus, I couldn’t leave you alone with a pile of strangers!” Her voice was cheerful and her body relieved. No more travelling for days on end, hoping she might get lucky and find a left over carcass.

While it might not be her forever home, young as she was, it would be somewhere to belong for at least a few days. “Speaking of which… I’m Vienna. I don’t think I’ve gotten your names yet?”

May 12, 2018 02:36 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

Morwen’s whiskers twitched slightly. Of course, the true nature of young hearts showed itself with little prompt. She didn’t know why she was surprised; not all children grew up as melancholic as she had. She only hoped they wouldn’t treat their end of the deal as anything less than an obligation, for her offer was not something they could simply follow through on when their whims so pleased.

“This way,” the woman said, turning around to face the mountainside again. The girl introduced herself as she began their uphill trek, moving at a meandering pace, so as not to lose the injured male.

Vienna. A name as blind, naive, and hopeful as the wolf it belonged to.

“Morwen.”

May 12, 2018 03:13 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Benvolio Nym Matti
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

Benny wished his leg didn’t hurt so damn bad. He felt like under better circumstances he would have been absolutely ecstatic at the idea of running off with Vienna. She was at least excited about going with the other woman as well. It was something.

He flashed a smile at her. She had been nice to him too. And seemed nice now. He hobbled forward a few steps hoping to perhaps lean on her for the trip up the mountain if she’d let him. His tail wagged for a moment but after a particularly jolting hop forward he winced and instead tried to focus on following Morwen.

“I’m Benvolio, but everyone calls me Benny.” He supplied to the pair but then had to stop talking and focus on breathing. He was a mountain wolf - born and bred - but the injury and subsequent unpleasantness of removing the quills had tired him more than he wished to admit.

[Do we want a continuation where they’re going?]

May 12, 2018 03:30 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Vienna Bella

((I think so, yes. Perhaps Morwen can start it?))

Vienna listened to the way the dark female, now known as Morwen spoke. She almost acted surprised, and slightly displeased from the young wolf’s eyes. Vienna wondered what she had gone through to seem so secluded, even when near Vienna and the hurt male.

Benvolio! Vienna liked the sound of it. It was kind of silly to her, and she thought it suited him. Knowing something about him, especially a nickname, pleased her immensely. Upon noticing the slow pace he walked, slightly seating towards one side, Vienna set herself up to be used as a crutch of some sort.

Smiling back at him, Vienna followed along behind Morwen, trying hard to trust her. After all, she was just trying to help…

(-exit, I believe-)

May 13, 2018 03:11 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

(( yup! new thread is here: http://horizon.taiyae.com/home/viewthread/12978/ ))

Benvolio and Vienna. Benny and Vienna, apparently.

Morwen chuffed into the cooling air. Winter would arrive soon enough. Those months would be an ample time to test their worth.

For now, the uphill journey would be well enough.

| exit morwen.

May 15, 2018 11:04 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.