Roleplay Forums | Map

An open place
[summons] calling Ata, maybe still slightly backdated, backdate all the things

Kaete is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kaete Mekani

It was about time to head home, Kaete figured. She had been gone a little longer than she meant to (somehow), she had helped the Evergreen wolves for a while, they didn’t seem to be doing as badly as she feared, and she had even explored the surrounding areas a little. But it was time to move on. There were more tasks that needed to be done elsewhere.

There was only one thing holding her back. A thing called Ata. What to do with him? Was he going to follow her home, or would they part ways? She could foresee some awkwardness if he did come back with her. For one thing, there was the part where she had told him all about the evils of Bucky and Saskia, and he might meet them.

And what happened after that? She hoped to have time to go on another trip, though probably a shorter one. To the mountains, or just farther across the range than she usually went while hunting, or something. She wanted to be alone this time, not slowed down by anyone. Still searching.

Kaete had convinced herself by now that true love had to happen pretty much instantly when she met someone (you know, like how it happened for everyone else), or it wasn’t going to happen at all. There simply wasn’t time. There had to at least be some kind of mutual attraction from the start. Therefore, she didn’t think Ata could be the one.

She would have to tell him of her goals, and explain this to him if he asked, because, at best, he could be a friend, like a Nomad 2.0, and he could help her find another guy who was not him. Or, he may take offense to the fact that she didn’t consider him an option, or just plain be weirded out by how important this was to her, and it may change his mind about wanting to stay around her.

“Ataaa?” He was around here somewhere, she thought. The clearing was a nice place, it was good to see the sky, though it wasn’t very sunny or warm this morning. When would the clouds start bringing snow instead of rain?

May 09, 2018 04:47 AM

[ ignore ]
Ata is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

For the most part, while Kaete helped out with whatever the evergreen wolves needed, he kept his distance. He didn’t want to exactly bother as she helped as he was pretty useless since he knew how to hunt at best and mainly just survive on his own and not with a pack.

Ata was laying down in the forest. In a spot where the sun slightly beamed through the trees. He peeked his hears at the sound of his name, it was Kaete. Maybe he can figure out what to do with his life. The idea of maybe not being alone anymore sounded nice. A mate of sorts… but was Kaete even the one? It’s not that she wasn’t exactly pretty cause to him she was pretty cute. It was just the fact about their personalities didn’t exactly click for a hot minute. But maybe they do now? A serious Ata, hard to do. He likes having some fun once and a while and He felt like Kaete didn’t have it…

Maybe he could try to actually have fun with her. Since he really hasn’t tried yet. Though as he remembered. He hears his name being called. So he stood up and headed towards the distance noise. And once he was there he tilted his head a bit at Kaete. And tried to think of maybe something to hint her with. “Yes, love?” Yeah. That’s awkward…

May 09, 2018 05:26 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaete Mekani

Uh. ‘Love’? Was that some kind of weird joke, or was that just how Ata talked and he called everyone love? Either way, Kaete didn’t think she liked it. The word ‘love’ should not be used lightly. It only reminded her of bad things… it mocked her, that word.

She raised a brow, both confused and unamused. “Well, darling,” she returned sarcastically. “I just wanted to say that I’ll be going back home to my pack soon, and I wanted to know if you were planning to come with me or what.” Gosh, this already felt a little awkward. It was only going to get worse, whatever his answer was.

May 10, 2018 05:30 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Was she trying to come back with like, the same idea as him? Or was she simply being sarcastic? It sounded a bit more sarcastic, but the awkwardness about it made him not really want to do it again. He will ignore it for now but he did listen to her words about returning to the pack. Should he go?

That was a bit of a tough decision… she had told him these things about the pack and how the leader was and all of that… but maybe she was making it worse than it was because she did used to like that guy. Oh well. She’s a good friend so far, so maybe he should stick with her for now.

“I mean…. I guess I could. He first stated, and then paused for a moment before emphasizing the next bit. “IF you want me too.”

May 10, 2018 08:52 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

He didn’t seem that sure about it. Kaete honestly hadn’t thought much about whether she wanted him to come or not, figuring that it would all be up to him. It was unexpected, for her opinion to matter. But she didn’t think she really… had much of an opinion. “Well… I don’t mind too much either way. I mean…” Okay, that might sound mean, that she didn’t care whether he was there or not. But… she just… kind of… didn’t.

Her mind was focused on one goal, and everyone and everything else was disposable, right now. It was the way it had to be. She couldn’t achieve anything by spending time on others. She had already spent over a year on helping others, and it got her nothing, and she always ended up being just as disposable to them. Maybe later, after things settled down, then she could care.

“You’ve been good company. And we’ve had a lot of packmates leave lately, so we could use someone else around to help for a while. And I could always use someone else to listen to me.” She went back and forth between personal and practical reasons. Though really, she didn’t think that ‘someone to listen’ was the kind of help she needed anymore. “But if you would rather go do something else, that would be fine too.”

May 11, 2018 05:59 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata shrugged a bit to what she first stated. He didn’t really have a comment to respond with it, so he listened into what she had to say next and nodded a bit. “You have been too, and that does sound a bit bad. Not sure how much help I truly am though.” he responded and thought around for a moment, but really didn’t have much else to say to her.

May 12, 2018 09:57 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

“Even if it’s just a little hunting, I’m sure you could help somehow.” Or maybe he could just be there to scare off intruders. Not that he was scary really, but sometimes just having more numbers would be enough to keep troublemakers away. And if they had more wolves at home, they would be that much closer to being able to send out patrols again, depending how long he stayed…

Kaete was stalling though. She had to say the rest of it, since so far it sounded like she wasn’t getting rid of him yet. Her anxiety started to grow as she wondered how she would explain it all. “I… uh… I don’t know what’ll happen after that though. I wasn’t going to stay home long, I kind of wanted to go on another trip, but I… I might want to be alone for that one. So I don’t know if you want to… wait for me, ooor…” Okay, she was still stalling. Maybe he wouldn’t ask about it. It wouldn’t make much difference though. She would still have to say it.

May 14, 2018 08:18 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata nodded about how he could probably help out the pack but he still wasn’t very sure about it… It almost seemed like he would just be in the way of the things they were doing, so maybe the pack wasn’t the best place for him, at least that one.

“Ah..” Was all he mustered out about her suggesting that she might have wanted to be alone for the next trip she did. He wouldn’t mind staying with her, he was sort of starting to get used to her… maybe she would change her mind eventually and stuff can happen. Family? Ehh, maybe? He didn’t know though.

May 16, 2018 09:30 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

He didn’t have much to say about that either. It was hard to guess what he was thinking. Maybe none of it really mattered much to him either… maybe he didn’t care either way, just like her. Would he still shrug it off when she spelled out the whole thing? Kaete sat down slowly and looked at the ground, watching the grass sway in the breeze as she tried to break past the embarrassment and just say it.

“I… I have to admit something. Um. You remember when we were talking about… what would make me happy? What I want in life? Well, really, I… I always kind of wanted to find a mate and have a family too… So… so I’m looking, you know. Looking for males who might be interested.” Which didn’t seem to be Ata. So he shouldn’t have a problem, right?

“Trying to find one by winter. So that’s why I want to keep traveling. So… yeah…” Would he have anything more to say about that? Was any of this making sense? Was she being weird?

May 17, 2018 03:45 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata listened intently. He didn’t know how to respond though. Because he was still trying to figure out if he felt like she is a good choice or not. But the thing is that he was starting to think she was a good one. And that maybe he would start liking her given more time.

But she didn’t know that… and he didn’t want to tell her because she made it sound like he wasn’t really an option. So why go through the trouble?

“Oh….” he started and looked at the grass. He glides his paw through it lightly thinking about what he could say,but nothing came up.

May 20, 2018 12:54 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

Not very talkative today, this one. Surely he had to have some sort of opinion that he wasn’t telling her about? It was starting to frustrate Kaete a little, maybe because it reminded her of Bucky when he did things like never answering questions. Then again, she wasn’t really asking questions. But still.

“So… yeah…” Okay, she just said that. “I know it might be kinda weird, but it’s really important to me to find someone soon. I’ve been looking for such a long time. So since you’re not interested—” She tried to skip past that quickly and not make it sound accusing. But just in case he was taking offense to not being considered, it might be good to remind him that they both found each other equally boring, as far as she could tell.

“Maybe you could help me find someone. I search one place, you search another. Or something.” Or he could stay at home with the Rangers while she went out looking, in case any handsome bachelors happened to drop by there, but it was already pretty well established that there were no single males on the coast ever. Of course, Ata didn’t have to agree to help her. But if he said ‘Oh’ or ‘Ah’ one more time, she might smack him.

May 22, 2018 01:38 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata thought about her question about helping but he started to shake his head at the offer. “That would not be a good idea for me.” He stated to her.

Should he just say it anyways? She gonna ask why, so he may as well just say it now “because technically I like the idea of being with you” He said kind of quick.

May 25, 2018 06:29 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

Wait, what? Kaete was not sure if she heard him right. What was he saying? He liked the idea of being with her? But he hadn’t seemed interested before. Did he like her, or did he really just like the idea of being with anyone? It was an important distinction that she had figured out, and she herself tried not to fall into the trap of being in love with the idea of love, or else she would be all over every guy she saw.

Or did he actually just mean he liked the idea of staying with her as a friend? That was probably it, right? Hahahaha how silly that she thought it could be something else. Unless it was. Clarification needed!

She looked at him, confused, panicking a little on the inside. “Umm. W-what exactly do you mean by that?” She didn’t even know if she wanted him to mean whatever he meant or didn’t mean or ahhhhhhh—

May 26, 2018 01:10 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata though for a moment as to what to say to her. She didn’t know exactly what he meant and now he needed to clarify. He chuckled a bit nervously and then said “I mean, as in with you. A family with you maybe?” He kind of questioned himself at the last second should he have said that? After all he went this far to keep himself quiet about her.

But was she really worth it? He has no idea.

May 26, 2018 07:28 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Kaete Mekani

Kaete had the strange feeling that she was dreaming and this wasn’t really happening. This was too… weird? And sudden? When exactly did Ata figure this out? Why had he kept telling her how boring he was and what a bad mate he would be? How did he jump ahead to wanting a family with her when they hadn’t even known each other that long and there was no flirting or any sign of… anything? Who what where when why how?!

She stared at him for a while, eyes wide, too surprised for words. She had so many questions, but she tried to break it down to what was important first. “Why? Why me?” Suspicion crept into her expression. Was there anything special about her, or was he just going after the first female he saw?

There was something she didn’t like about this. She didn’t trust him. It was happening too fast. Well, it had to happen fast, but this wasn’t how she imagined it. There was nothing there from the start, and this came out of nowhere, and really, he was already talking about a family? She didn’t know how to feel.

May 26, 2018 06:18 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Ata 'Halne InfiniteChaos

Ata started to feel like maybe he should shut up and not talk at this point. This is why he isn’t a very serious person, he messes things up when he is more serious. Maybe it’s time to back off… Or just continue with this…? He didn’t know.

“Well I mean… you’re the first real wolf I’ve met in a while, and you’re also kind of… fun, and cute…” Should he have said that? No matter, too late now. He already said it, Great, Love it! God dammit….

May 27, 2018 04:34 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.