Roleplay Forums | Map

S.O.S.
*Screams Rhianna lyrics* | Raining | 64°F | Northern side of the cove | AW

Narcisa is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

Narcisa had ambled her way south after her encounter with the Evergreen Wolves… and she wasn’t doing too well.  Dried blood flaked off of her skin every now and then, landing on the ground in crimson wisps.  Her head throbbed and throat ached from fever—she was delirious.  If she had headed north like she’d told Leas, she probably could have made it to Sparrow in time to be saved.  But that would have meant a possible encounter with Kaya or one of her huntsmen, which was an event Narcisa didn’t want to find herself in.  She doubted she could survive another run-in with the silver bitch.

The Negrescu woman’s only hope was heading south where she wasn’t sure if she could find help or not.  It was a hopeless gamble, one she was making with her life.  It wasn’t a smart choice but the only one she had.

Also, there was Larisa.  Now that she had time to think over the situation by herself, Narcisa was… confused, to say the least.  Why was she fleeing from her own blood?  There was the fact that Larisa had become chummy with scumbags like Crixus and bitches like Kaya.  Hurt and jealousy swam in Narcisa’s stomach like sharks, nipping at any heartfelt feelings she had left.  Was… Larisa even looking for her?  Before Kaya had fled to her?  Did she even care?

Something else lurked in Narcisa’s ancient soul.  Shame.  She had morphed into something different after the death and demise of the Blanc line.  Would her sister even want to see her after how twisted she had become?  Would she still look at her the same?

There was no time to wonder.  If Narcisa didn’t find help, and soon, she would die.  Then it wouldn’t matter what Larisa thought of her.

May 13, 2018 12:56 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her sister was a liar. Many times over Narcisa had lied, each lie worse and more annoying to Larisa than the last. Narcisa had lied about her name, lied about her relation to Crixus and Larisa, lied about the direction she was going from the Evergreens. Unlike the worthless Evergreens, Larisa spent more than thirty seconds thinking through where her sister had went.

The snowflake white woman had been trailing Narcisa south since leaving the forest. Luckily, dried blood was an easy trail to follow, but where her sister was going, Larisa had no true idea. The rain annoyed her almost as much as her sister’s lies did. It was distasteful to travel in weather like this, but she felt she had little choice. Larisa herself had been pushing herself to travel quickly, growing a bit thinner in her rush to close whatever distance there was between her sister and herself.

The stink of a pack wrinkled her nose in disgust. She did not want to deal with another another group of mongrel wolves. Still, if this is where her sister’s trail went, then this was where Larisa went. Besides, she had promised Crixus she would forge relationships with other packs, make friends, make them think her polite and harmless. The Evergreens might be ruined as friends, but whatever this pack was was a new possibility.

Forging ahead, she scanned the beach and saw a figure ahead. Through the rain, it was all gray and white fur. She sniffed again, her sister’s scent so close. But not just her sisters scent, indeed her sister.

The annoyance melted away. That was her sister, looking bony where she should have been more sleek and round. Larisa gave a woof - to hell with any pack wolves who might hear. Her tail flagged up, a light coming into her eyes that hadn’t existed in a year. She was looking at her sister again! Larisa pressed forward, finally ready to close the last distance between them.

[In sight, arriving properly next round]

May 13, 2018 01:24 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

A bark.  A whisper in the wind, so frail and yet… so real.  Narcisa’s ear twitched and then she turned.  What she saw was not any wolf of the valley, not a sniveling southerner or a pompous pack bitch.  No, what she saw was a ghost.

It had her sister’s face and body, all the right curves and small little details were in the right places.  Except… that was impossible.  Larisa was dead.  Or, Narcisa would have liked to think of it that way.  She would have liked to blame Larisa’s demise on the Blanc fire so that she didn’t have to do… this.

The Negrescu family reunion.

Any other wolf would have smiled or cried in joy.  Narcisa simply stared.  She flinched as her sibling grew closer and tensed as the ghost came nearer.  Her lips twitched, fangs itching to show.

She didn’t believe it.  Not for a moment.  She couldn’t take the risk of believing that Larisa was alive and here and standing in front of her.  Because if she did… it meant that she was in league with Kaya.  It meant that she and Crixus had found each other.  It meant that everything Narcisa had stood for was over, and on top of that, she had become an insane, bloodthirsty bitch.  Larisa didn’t deserve her.  Narcisa was a stain on the Negrescu line: the black sheep.  She had become something that tainted her family’s name and she wouldn’t allow her filth to consume Larisa’s soul.

“Stay away.”  She half-growled half-pleaded.  To anyone else she was a ruthless villain.  It was only her sister who could make her crack.  Who could break her wall.

May 13, 2018 02:07 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Stay away rang sharply in her ears and while Larisa slowed, she had crossed most of the distance and still took a few more steps towards her sister. What the hell had happened to Narcisa? The fight she knew about, so the wounds were no surprise. But her sister was so thin, her voice almost unrecognizable. Had Larisa ever heard that tone from Narcisa before?

She hardened her expression and took another step forward. “Don’t you tell me to stay away Narcisa Negrescu. I’m your family, your blood.” Two of the most god-damned important things in the world as far as Larisa was concerned, and Narcisa better agree on that point. “And you’ve caused no end of trouble for me recently. You’ve lied, and been running away from me all along. You’ve made a mess of things…” Narcisa seemed to have made a mess of herself even. That lecture was as far as Larisa went though. Her annoyance and anger didn’t last long in the face of her family, her true, pure-blooded family.

At once her expression softened, she gave her sister a pleading look. “And I’m here to take care of you. I’ve missed you. You can’t know how much I’ve missed you. So…don’t you tell me to stay away.” Her last words were hushed, soft, pleading. This wasn’t her meeting with Abaddon and Crixus, it wasn’t even happy in the same way, but yet, she was more glad in this moment to have found Narcisa. She crossed the last few steps between them. Narcisa could try to bite her if she wanted, but Larisa was going to nuzzle at her sisters cheek if it was the last thing she did.

May 13, 2018 02:25 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

I’m your family, your blood.

Family.  Blood.  The two most important things to the Negrescus.  Larisa didn’t have to remind her.  Except… was she really a Negrescu, through all that she had done?  She’d tainted their family line and turned wolves against her.  Did that make her a Negrescu just as much as it did Larisa?

You’ve made a mess of things…

She refrained from snorting.  Yes, dear sister, she had made a mess of things.  You needn’t remind her.  But then her ghostly sibling broke down and melted Narcisa’s heart with her.  She was here to take care of her.  She missed her.  Don’t tell her to stay away.

A twisted grimace took hold of the colorless woman’s face.  “You don’t belong with me.  You belong with Crixus.  With Kaya.”  She practically spit out the name of her assailant.  That woman had forced her to pretend to be weak.  To garner help from the useless Evergreen Wolves.  To act pitiful when all she wanted to do was tear the throat out of that silver-toned bitch.

Larisa’s face came close to her own in a nuzzle, something they had done countless times to each other as children.  Narcisa was even taken aback for a moment until she regained herself and snarled, baring her fangs in a warning.

She wasn’t who she used to be.  Larisa was pure.  Larisa was light.

Narcisa?  Narcisa was dirty.  She was darkness.

May 13, 2018 03:44 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Stop it Narcisa.” She hissed out in response to her sisters grimace and assertion that Larisa didn’t belong here. Would Larisa had hauled herself through a forest for days after Narcisa if she didn’t want to be with her sister?

“Kaya’s a bitch.” There she had said it. The other woman had shown no remorse for attacking Larisa’s family member. She was a big, brawny bitch though, and that was something Larisa needed to protect her future family. Larisa could see her way into putting up with the other woman again, as long as Kaya made some amends for her actions. “I belong with my family, who I have not seen in a year, so sit down, and let me look at you, and we’re going to decide what to do.”

What was Narcisa going to do to stop her anyway? She looked horrible. Her sister was thin, bloody, weak. Larisa would force her company upon Narcisa regardless of what her sister liked. “You’re a Negrescu, and my sister, so start acting like it because I’m not leaving anyway.” Her mouth was a thin, firm line as she stared directly at Narcisa. They needed to decide what they were going to do. Narcisa needed to be fed, and patched up, and clearly she’d need rest before they could return to the island.

Though, was that even what Larisa wanted? She wanted Crixus all right, his pups more than anything. If he was rational they could easily trade Kaya for Narcisa and live happily together. Memories of the past struck her though, that Narcisa and Crixus did not enjoy each other’s company. She had some time though until she needed to return, she could make this all work out in her favor.

May 13, 2018 04:32 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

We’re going to decide what to do.

There had never been a ‘we’ before.  For the past year, everything had been ‘I’.  Narcisa had been forced to take care of herself, whether she liked it or not.  The truth was, she didn’t.  As much as she flagged herself as an independent rogue, all she had wanted was her family.  Now that her family was here, standing before her, she didn’t know what to do.

She didn’t know.

Start acting like it because I’m not leaving anyway.

There it was.  A flicker of an old smile that graced Narcisa’s otherwise stone features.  It was, however, quick to go cold.  “You chose him.”

Her voice came out as a whisper.  An old grudge against her sister but a grudge all the same.  “Negrescus are supposed to be there for each other.  And still you chose him.”  She was talking about Crixus.  The cousin that Larisa seemed to favor over all else.  He was there in the valley, wasn’t he?  Wasn’t that what Kaya had said?  That meant that Larisa had been with him as well.  During that time did she even care to look for Narcisa until her situation arose? 

One could argue that Narcisa hadn’t been looking for Larisa, either.  That was true.  The difference was that Narcisa wasn’t Larisa.  Maybe once they had been the same.  But since the fire at Blanc Point, Narcisa was different.  Bitter. 

She doubted there was anything anyone could do that would change that.

May 13, 2018 05:41 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her sister was a pain in the ass. One paw into the grave and here Narcisa was, hissing at her about Crixus, apparently so adamant she didn’t even want to accept Larisa’s help until she had flung around some more accusations. Larisa couldn’t help but smirk at her. If Kaya thought Narcisa was weak, she was wrong.

“I found Crixus a few months ago when I was hungry and alone. I choose nothing.” Larisa would have taken any family member, no matter how distant. She would have flung herself at any wolf who had a hint of Blanc blood in them. “You know how Crixus and I felt about each other, but I did not choose him over my family, so stop it Narcisa.” She kept her voice quiet, knowing they were lingering far too near a pack’s borders for Larisa’s taste.

“You lied about your name, how’s that for being proud of our family? Kaya’s a bitch but when you heard my name you should have known I’d come find you. I had no idea you were anywhere near. I have no idea where Dragomir or Serafim, or our parents, are.” Larisa took another step forward, pressing in close to her sister. Narcisa needed to stop arguing and let her do something for her. The other woman clearly needed food, and a healers attention that Larisa didn’t think she could supply.

“Are you quite done arguing now so I can help you, and we can figure out what we’re going to do next? I came here alone for a reason, so stop thinking I’m not on your side.” She huffed out a breath and met her sisters gaze with her own sharp blue eyes. Honestly, they had things to do and time was wasting.

May 13, 2018 06:23 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

But I did not choose him over my family

Fat chance.  But Narcisa was moved to silence for the time being, listening to her sister justify her actions as if she needed justification.  The tone of her pale sibling’s voice said enough, that matched with the pack smells that loitered the area.  She didn’t want company.  Narcisa could flee further into the territory to be rid of her sister if she wanted to.  It was her best chance at escaping Larisa again.

But… that sounded twisted, even for her.  Escaping from her sister?  That wasn’t what Narcisa should be doing.  It wasn’t what the old Narcisa Negrescu would have done.  Piss on that.

“I kept my name a secret because there are those who would destroy any hint of the Blanc line in an instant, just like in the past, do you remember?”  She wasn’t afraid to raise her voice.  Let them come.  “Do you remember why we are no longer called Lupus.”  So, dear sister, stop acting like hiding her name was such a crime.  It was protection.  It was survival.  Survival of the smartest.

However mad Narcisa was, it was nothing compared to the emotions she felt when Larisa admitted she didn’t know where their brothers were.  It was a question she would have asked anyways.  Dragomir and Serafim… of course it was too good to be true.  She was lucky enough that Larisa herself was standing here.  Their brothers were as good as dead.  Best not to dwell on them.

Stop thinking I’m not on your side.

On her side.  Always.  They had always been at each other’s side since the day they were born, and here Narcisa was… cold, bitter, and wasting away.  She was doing the Negrescu line no favors.  A year ago she had done what was necessary to keep herself alive and she had let her actions transform her into something she was not.  She didn’t have to do that anymore… right?  Right?

“Okay.”  She finally said.  “Okay.”

May 13, 2018 06:40 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her sister seemed to simmer down a little, and Larisa took the lack of further growling as a good sign for things moving forward from here. Narcisa did want to argue about her own lies further and Larisa heaved a sigh. “Everyone has forgotten that name, and they don’t know Blanc, and they certainly don’t know Negrescu and we’re not going to repeat our families past mistakes.” Where her sister had raised her voice, Larisa quieted hers. She felt strongly about the last though. She was not going to antagonize wolves she might have to deal with. While her family was small and fractured, Larisa played a perfectly nice girl and nothing more.

But that was enough of all of that. Narcisa seemed to settle, Larisa did as well, finally breathing and realizing how much her heart had raced in her heated conversation. “Okay.” She repeated calmly, finally moving in for a proper nuzzle at her sister’s cheek if the gray woman would allow it now. This was their new start, here on this weird beach in the rain. They were going to fix things and move on.

She leaned back a little, finally trying to survey her sister properly, both her wounds and the general shape she was in. “You need to eat, and rest, and we need to find a quiet place to talk about this all.” Already plans and ideas were whirring in Larisa’s mind, but it might be weeks before Narcisa was even most of the way back to fit they needed a place to be safe.

“Do your wounds need further tending? Do you know this pack here?” She asked her questions gently, the care she felt for Naricsa plain in her voice. If they could settle with this pack for a short while - as disgusting an idea as it was - it might be their best bet for Narcisa recuperating quickly. Then they’d have a base, a place of safety, and they’d have bought themselves more time.

May 13, 2018 06:58 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

They weren’t going to repeat their families past mistakes.  Easier said than done, Narcisa was afraid, but it was a hopeful gimmick all the same.  Her sister’s muzzle neared Narcisa’s face, and this time, the woman didn’t hesitate.  She let Larisa nuzzle into her though she still possessed the tense nature that she always carried with her.

You need to eat, and rest, and we need to find a quiet place to talk about this all.

Narcisa didn’t feel like talking.  She certainly didn’t feel like eating.  She kept her body in hopeless starvation because it scared people and she liked that.  She liked the repulsion that wolves showed when they looked upon her.  But alas, if sister dearest said so, Narcisa could at least try.  She certainly wanted to get mended up, though she had previously refused the help from some pompous pack wolf of the Evergreens.  Piper, Narcisa thought her name was.  Bitch.

“If they aren’t looked at soon I’m afraid you’ll have lost a sister as soon as you’ve gained one.”  She muttered in response.  Kaya had done a number on her and she intended to seek revenge.  Probably not in another fight, but Narcisa knew ways of destroying one’s life by the flick of a tail.  It was a certain art that she had mastered.

“I don’t know the residential pack.  I came from the north and this is as far south as I’ve dared to wander.  Do you think they’re worth a try?”  They could always head back to the Evergreens but that wasn’t something that the Negrescu woman particularly wanted to do.  Especially if it meant bending the knee to Piper or whoever was capable of looking at her injuries.  Because Narcisa Negrescu bowed to no one.

Not even her sister.

May 13, 2018 07:12 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa took a simple moment to nuzzle at her sister further, breathing in her scent and the familiar feel of her fur. They’d been together since they were newborns, and after a year apart, Larisa felt like she never wanted to leave Narcisa’s side again. She felt how rigid Narcisa was and eventually leaned back even if she hadn’t wanted the moment to end.

As Narcisa spoke it quelled hopes they could avoid this pack. So much for the hope that Narcisa had managed to clean and tend to her own wounds. Neither of them knew this pack, but with Narcisa the way she was, it seemed unlikely that they could make it anywhere else. Larisa had heard of the Adunati Rangers from Pharaoh, and that they lived somewhere on the coast. The scents here did not remind her any of Pharaoh, but perhaps she’d luck out and have a connection.

In the end, she gave a little nod. “Yes, I think it’s our best bet to give it a shot. Perhaps they’ll have a healer and we can take advantage of their generosity for a little while.” Larisa wasn’t above that idea. While Narcisa healed they could play nice and settle in. “We can explain the fight, say you fought off an aggressive wolf and we made it this far. We’ll just play nice and see what happens. I know of a few packs around here, let me explain to this pack and we’ll go from there?” She quirked her eyebrows up, waiting for Narcisa’s agreement on some sort of plan, or her sister’s own ideas. “I want to use our real names, if we’re stuck here for a while I don’t want to be entangled in too many lies.” That was always Larisa’s plan. Lie when it was convenient, but never lie if it served little purpose. Giving fake names and then being forced to explain real ones later would only be suspicious.

[Can you do a little recap of Narcisa’s current wounds for me?]

May 13, 2018 07:41 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

Her sister was nothing if not resourceful.  Just as intelligent as Narcisa herself if not more so.  There was something admirable about her lighter sister, even if it did cause the occasional pang of jealousy.  There Larisa was, beautiful and happily mated, radiating nothing but light.  Narcisa was scarred, resentful, and had an aura of darkness.

Let me explain to this pack and we’ll go from there?

A simple nod was given in Larisa’s direction.  Narcisa was too tired to argue.  All she wanted to do was sleep and then probably sleep some more.  Her head and back hurt, not to mention her paws.  Also, fuck you, Kaya.

The trouble came with using their real names.  For Larisa it was fine.  She probably didn’t know what it was like to be alone.  She had Crixus.  But for Narcisa?  She lied to keep herself safe.  Somehow becoming Narcisa Negrescu again was more terrifying than anything else.

“I won’t.”

Her words were as sharp as the stony gaze she wore.  It stayed like that for several moments before she corrected herself in front of her sister.  “I can’t.”  There it was.  Defeat.  It was such a simple thing and yet… Narcisa didn’t know how to get over something so small.  She didn’t know how to regain the power of being a Negrescu.

Bruises, moderate bleeding on back, face, and ear, splintered paw

May 13, 2018 07:53 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Narcisa nodded at the first part, honestly the more complicated part in Larisa’s mind. They’d have to explain Narcisa’s injuries, and hope to find someone to help with them. Besides, with Narcisa unable to travel far, they’d have to keep their stories straight and fit in like they were grateful to be somewhere. It was going to be a pain.

It was the name that was too much apparently. She leaned towards her sister again, brushed gently at Narcisa’s cheek. “I know you can. You’re tough. What you’ve survived, what we both survived, would have been the death of lesser wolves. We’re here because we’re Negrescu’s. We have each other now.” She was usually not much of a peppy wolf to make little speeches, but for her sister she’d do it. It was true though in her own mind. They had come through a lot, and Narcisa had gotten this far on her own, halfway across the valley on a seriously fucked up paw as far as Larisa could tell.

“I’ll call for them, I’ll talk. I’ll fix this for us because we can be a family again.” Just say yes Narcisa. Say yes so that they could find a wolf who lived around here and get out of the damn rain and make a new start at their lives however that needed to happen.

May 13, 2018 08:12 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Narcisa Negrescu Lilja

She hadn’t expected Larisa to console her.  It reminded her just how much she had missed her sister—just how familiar Larisa’s support was.  They had each other now, that was what Larisa had said.  They had each other.  While she still wouldn’t be thrilled at the idea of hanging around Crixus or Kaya, sister dearest always got what she wanted.  If this was it, then Narcisa would oblige.  At least for the time being.

I’ll call for them, I’ll talk. I’ll fix this for us because we can be a family again.

She was done arguing for now when all she wanted to do was feel better again.  She would have a limp for weeks and part of her ear would always be missing, but Larisa was right about one thing.  She was a survivor.

Plus, she was soaking wet.  So there was that.

“Okay.  Do it.”

Then, for the first time in who knew how long, Narcisa allowed herself to lean into Larisa’s side, if that was what her sister would allow.  She realized just how much she needed her fellow Negrescu by her side.

May 13, 2018 08:20 PM — Post #14

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.