Roleplay Forums | Map

Alliance alliance
[summons] Late autumn, calling for Bucky

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile tumblr welcomeguide

[Takes place between his thread with Kaete and Rocco. Probably an hour or two after seeing Kaete.]

The Alliance had disbanded, and Nomad needed to tell Bucky, in case he did not know yet. He probably didn’t? Or he did and Nomad was just really far behind on things? Again, like always? Like always…

Shade was long gone. He had left long ago. Nomad had been behind on everything. Everything. He could not do right a single thing, could he? Nomad was upset, very upset. He did not feel happy, not at all. He wished he wasn’t such an idiot. He wished he did not always hurt feelings. Everyone around him deserved better.

’’Bucky?’’ he called out, croaked. His voice sounded not very exciting, and it cracked. He tried not to break.

May 15, 2018 03:13 AM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: May 17, 2018 12:35 PM by Nomad ]
Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide

Bucky knew something was wrong the moment he heard the call of his name. Worry flooded him from paws to ears, but he wasted no time in making his way to his best friend and adoptive brother, his blue eyes concerned. “Nomad!”

What had happened?! Even Nomad’s stance was wracked with grief. Was it - had another of their packmates left? Had Kaete gotten him depressed again?

He raced the last stretch, going to set his shoulder against Nomad’s. “Hey. Hey, tell me what’s wrong. Are you okay?” He sniffed anxiously but he couldn’t see any blood or obvious injuries. 

((I’ll place this in his timeline right after Bucky learned of the alliance from Yvette))

May 15, 2018 04:15 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Fox is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Fox Matti

Fox ambled through the gorge slowly, following after the voice that was calling for Bucky. It was Nomad’s voice, and she had come to accept him. Fox had found it was often easiest to find Bucky by waiting for others to yell for him. Fox didn’t yell, she had no way to summon the big dark wolf to her when she needed him, but she could follow other voices to find him instead.

While the worst of Fox’s sickness had passed - the feeling that her head was far too full, and her loss of her sense of smell in a stuffy nose - she was left with an almost constant feeling of being cold, and the girl still coughed painfully. The gorge was cold, and wet, and the nervous, ill pup had largely just retreated to her den for dens on end. She felt abandoned, forgotten. No one called Fox’s name.

She walked slowly, slower than normal, but eventually her swaying gate brought Bucky and Nomad into view and the girl moved towards them, her breath a little wheezy in the cool air.

[In sight, arriving next round]

May 15, 2018 09:05 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Bucky was quick to respond to him, of course. He always was. Nomad saw him come run over, and he looked worried and scared. Maybe because Nomad had sounded sad, and looked sad. ’’I’m not hurt… not physically, anyway.’’ he commented, when Bucky started sniffing for blood. Just to calm his best friend a little. Nomad was not going to beat around the bush.

’’Bucky, I finally decided to face my fears and talk to Shade- about my feelings not being the same for him but- I stumbled upon the Alliance, being disbanded. Jay told me.’’ he told his best friend, and swallowed. ’’Shade wasn’t there anymore, he had left long ago. According to Jay he looked upset, and thin. Unhealthy. I think that’s my fault. I think I hurt his feelings…’’

May 16, 2018 02:29 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide

((Hey Matti, I’m not sure how to play Fox’s illness if she and Bucky have been interacting as normal on a day to day basis, so I’m going with she hasn’t told him she feels unwell and he’s assuming like a dunce she just has sniffles, hit me up on discord if we need to edit anything :)))

Bucky kept his shoulder firmly against Nomad, providing support and encouragement, saying nothing as he began to speak, only breathing an audible sigh of relief when Nomad assured him he wasn’t hurt. He explained what he’d heard earlier from the wolf at the borders, and a frown marred his muzzle when Nomad mentioned Shade, and then blamed himself.

“I just heard about the Alliance myself today.” He said heavily. He’d known Atlas was thinking about it - but… a whole pack. One older and once larger than the Rangers. Their allies, their friends…

And Shade.

“But Nomad, you’re not the one to blame for Shade. He’s a grown wolf. You don’t make his choices for him.” He pointed out, though no angry, or accusing. Wolves felt what they felt, but he didn’t want Nomad slipping back into the misery of last winter. “We’ll look for him - you know. It’s what we do.”

((Vaguely vagueness, Atlas might have already told Bucky in the Summit/or another backdated thread, so I think for now I’ll play Bucky knowing about the SA disbanding as a possibility but not that it had happened for sure?))

May 16, 2018 08:17 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Fox Matti

With the wolves she was looking for I’m sight the girl continued forward. They hadn’t seemed to notice her. She was quiet after all, her little shuffling paws only disturbing the grass and gravel in her party gently.

Without a word Fox came close enough and tried to press herself between the two males, leaning her face in against Bucky’s soft fur. She didn’t have anything to say, she was just cold and didn’t feel well and wanted her protector around.

Her breath huffed against him as she settled in closer. She hadn’t paid attention to what Nomad and Bucky had been talking about not realized she was interrupting anything.

May 16, 2018 09:02 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Bucky had already heard? Oh, then Nomad guessed he didn’t have to tell Bucky. But now, Bucky knew about Shade, too. Maybe that was for the better. Nomad could go look for Shade. To be honest, he did not really feel like staying home, now. He felt… awful just sitting here, feeling guilty. Even if Bucky told him it wasn’t his fault. Nomad noticed Fox arriving, but paid little mind to the girl. His own mind was elsewhere. Worried, lost.

’’I know but- still. If I made him sad… you know what I’m like.’’ he told Bucky, swallowing, a whine escaping him. Nomad did not want to feel to blame for anything. He looked nervously at his paws. ’’I want to go look for him… make sure he’s okay.’’
And he kind of- wanted to do that alone. This was none of the other’s concern. Only Nomad’s.

May 16, 2018 10:21 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky looked a slight bit surprise - he hadn’t noticed Fox arriving, too focused on his best friend. He nuzzled the top of her head, not minding as she slipped in between him and Nomad. “Hey kiddo.” He told the puppy softly, pleased she showed no fear of Nomad now, at least.

“If you have to go, you know I’ll support you.” Bucky told Nomad as he talked about going to look for Shade. “What about taking somebody?” He ran frantically over the options. They could scarcely afford to spare another able-bodied wolf… “Braith, or… well not Pierre, he’s looking for Bayley.” He did not want to suggest Kaete after last time, though he thought he’d caught her scent the past few days around the gorge.

May 16, 2018 06:35 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Fox Matti

Fox did her best to snuggled in right against Bucky as he greeted her and gave her a nuzzle on the head. She would have curled herself completely under him if she thought it might have made her warmer, but instead she settled for just burying her face in his fur, trying to absorb his body heat by pressing herself close to him.

She ignored their conversation, it was just about other wolves. Other wolves Fox didn’t know and didn’t want to meet, she didn’t need to pay attention at all.

Instead she tried to focus on warm thoughts. Maybe if she just imagined she wasn’t cold and her throat didn’t hurt it would go away. She brushed her cheek against Bucky’s shoulder, eyes closed as she faced in towards him. She’d just sit here, and try to be warm.

[Fox is skippable because I’m going camping for 3 days.]

May 16, 2018 08:09 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

At least Bucky was going easy on him and letting him look for Shade. Which was a great relief. Because, Nomad felt far too restless just sitting here at home, hoping for the best. He wanted to make sure Shade was okay, he needed to know. He needed to apologize. Taking somebody, though? Nomad wasn’t too sure about that. He believed everyone else in the pack was busy with their own lives, and Nomad did not want to disturb them.

And of course, Pierre was looking for Bayley. ’’I can go alone, I will be fine.’’ he told Bucky. Wait, Bayley? Nomad frowned lightly. ’’Is… Bayley gone?’’

May 17, 2018 02:39 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky wrapped an obliging paw over Fox’s back as she snuggled him. He hadn’t really expected her to jump into the conversation or anything, so he didn’t realize anything was wrong as Fox settled silently by him. 

Bucky exhaled heavily at Nomad’s words. He reached out his neck and touched his forehead to Nomads briefly. “I know you can look after yourself but I’d feel a lot happier if you had backup.” He fretted. And groaned softly Bayley. Gentle, hardworking Bayley, the nephew who he had watched grow up. “He’s gone.” He confirmed heavily. “So if you could keep an eye out for him…” 

May 17, 2018 07:26 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

’’I know you do but- if Bayley is missing, everyone should be looking for the boy… I will be fine on my own, really.’’ Nomad said. He did not want to be a bother to everyone. And with Bayley missing now… ’’The boy is most important.’’ Nomad told Bucky. And he really was.

’’Gather everyone to look for Bayley, and I will go look for Shade- and keep a lookout for Bayley.’’ There, he had said what he wanted to say. A sigh escaped him. ’’I guess I will go as soon as possible… I- I will be back at the start of winter, okay?’’

May 17, 2018 12:34 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky didn’t like it, but he would never stand in Nomad’s way. “All right.” He rumbled it, almost grumbling, then tapped his muzzle against Nomad’s. “Don’t forget though - you’re important too. Don’t take any risks.” He pulled back, resting his paw on Fox’s shoulders again.

“You don’t mind keeping an eye out for some others while you’re out? No need to ask every wolf you meet or anything, just keep your ears out for them. Those two dark-furred puppies who ran away from the Brotherhoood, Xanthos and Nemesis.”

May 17, 2018 11:26 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Nomad smiled faintly at Bucky. ’’I know,  know. I will be careful. You know that.’’ he told his best friend. Nomad would always be careful. It would be fine. But, there were more wolves he had to look out for. ’’Xanthos and Nemesis, got it.’’ Nomad repeated their names. Dark furred. Not really much to go by, but at least they had names.

’’I will get to it, then…’’ he mumbled, feeling he had to do this. ’’I will come back as soon as I can.’’

May 18, 2018 11:16 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky fell back into a sit, his head and ears low. He hated splitting up from Nomad - hated it. They were meant to stick together, and though logically he knew there would be times, times like this they had to be separated, he didn’t have to like it.

Words stuck in his throat, and his blue eyes blazed with feeling he couldn’t express. “Miss you.” He managed, woefully inadequate.

May 18, 2018 11:47 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Nomad smiled lightly at Bucky and nodded, though in that moment realized he had forgotten something. ’’Oh- before I go… some more bad news…’’ he mumbled, and sighed, a light frown appearing on his face.

’’Kaete came back from the Evergreen Wolves. She told me Pharaoh and Babette are going to travel outside the valley for a while… I’m not sure if that means they will never come back or not but… now you know.’’

May 25, 2018 12:15 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.