Roleplay Forums | Map

By the way
[summons] HY4 | late autumn | calling Kaya

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus hadn’t exactly forgotten his run-in with Felicity Silvano. He was honestly a bit disappointed that she hadn’t come a-calling, but since she hadn’t, he thought it might be good to let Kaya know about her presence in the valley. He wasn’t sure what relation there might be there, but the last name was the same and he was eager to see if this was a relation that Kaya was interested in pursuing. He didn’t want her running off to look for her, of course, not so close to winter when they would likely be forced to stay quite close to the island, but he’d take his chances.

He tilted his muzzle upward and howled a short note, assuming the female to be on the island. If she wasn’t, he’d probably not even bother going ashore to look for her yet. It wasn’t that urgent. But some distraction from Larisa’s continued absence would be welcome. He was in quite a mood with her gone, not knowing what had become of her, and if she didn’t return soon, he thought he might need to go and seek her out. What if her sister had done something stupid and gotten Larisa in trouble? Ugh. It gave him a headache to think about, and he closed his eyes against the pounding in his temples.

May 16, 2018 01:13 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Being no fool, Kaya had lain low to heal, washing in the rapidly chilling ocean water daily. It stiffened her old bones, but she hadn’t gotten this far by acting weak. She was tough, enduring, and she healed well, reaffirming her fishing skills as she stood knee-deep.

She howled back, padding up the dark sandy beach, the sand streaked with the black sand from the mainland. She wasn’t so foolish to think she was Crixus’ first choice of company, but she also knew that now he had confided the danger of allowing Larisa’s lying sister here, he trusted her. Not in the romantic sense he did his mate, but she could prove useful to him in other manners.

“Crixus.” She shook out her still-damp fur, greeting him with a nod.

May 17, 2018 08:19 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The male nodded in return, glancing over Kaya briefly. “You’re looking better,” he commented with a bit of a smile, then leaned back to sit. The air was cooler now, but it felt nice in the sun, warming his muscles.

He avoided the topic of Larisa, though it irked him enough to wish to rage about it. Where was she, and why hadn’t she yet returned? And what was he going to do if she didn’t? Nope, he wouldn’t consider it just yet.

“How common do you feel the surname of Silvano to be?” His tone was light, purely conversational, and he peered out over the water with his usual imperious yet nonchalant air.

May 17, 2018 01:27 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya was not above flattery, lifting her muzzle a touch, pleased, at Crixus’ observations. She dropped into a sit beside her future alpha, able to see how frustrated he was. Larisa had proved an irritating bug, siding with her sister without a care to the thought of their pack. But she certainly had a good influence on Crixus’ mood.

Still, his usual smoothness returned when he asked about her own family instead of his, and she scowled.

“My family is a large one, and it’s not news to me some of them have found their way here as I did. Who was it you heard of? You wouldn’t look so smug if it was my worthless niece Bianca, and if it had been my former mate you would have a far more sour taste in your mouth.”

May 18, 2018 07:48 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Flicking an ear lazily, the male’s silver gaze turned back to Kaya. He gave her a slightly teasing smile. “I hadn’t expected you to come from a bloodline so.. common.” He pondered whether to offer up the information she sought, feeling a bit cheeky today maybe, but in the end he consented to say, since it didn’t seem to be very highly valued anyway.

“I was exploring the prairies to the east- which I have been meaning to say may provide ample hunting of larger game, when we need it- when I came across two females. One rather had the look of you, I must say, in coloring and carriage.” She had been more lean than Kaya, but the resemblance had been there nonetheless. “A Felicity Silvano, if I recall the name correctly.” He flashed a canine in amusement. Of course he recalled correctly. He was perfect. He sighed somewhat. “It was my understanding that she was seeking her brothers. I did extend an invitation to visit, on the chance that you would like to see a family member, but now I find myself thankful that this was not a Bianca, or..” His eyebrow raised. “Do tell me, what was your mate’s name?”

May 18, 2018 01:51 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya, not really in a mood to be teased, clicked her teeth at Crixus to tell him so. “Do not insult the Silvano name.” She replied warningly. She wouldn’t dream of insulting his precious Blancs, and it was his family who had been causing strife to their carefully laid plans, not hers.

“Felicity.” She mused, turning over the name, the appearance in her mind. The same name that worthless sister of Larisa had mentioned. “She isn’t a branch who lived in White Forest, for I don’t know the name or have met her. And believe me, if it had been Bianca, you wouldn’t have offered the invitation. I encountered her by the lake, crippled and starving, hardly recruiting material.” She spoke dismissively of Bianca. She wasn’t worth her or Crixus’ time.

“Lorzeno. I got out of Bianca that he’s somewhere in this valley himself, no doubt engaging in his delusions of grandeur.” She rolled her eyes, clearly not fond of the former mate who had left her last pack in ruins. “He must be south, for he’s useless at keeping a low profile, so he isn’t up this way. But, I wonder about this Felicity and her brothers… Bianca had a sister. They could be her spawn - was this Felicity young looking? What did you make of her?” She counted the seasons back in her mind.

May 18, 2018 07:52 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The male issued a small snort at Kaya’s offense, but let the moment blow over. She herself had said her family was large, had she not? Of course, his was too, but that was inconvenient for his reasoning to remember at the moment.

Due to the Blanc family’s tendency to regroup at the Point each year, he would have been surprised had he met a family member that he hadn’t known at some point- at least, any over the age of a year or so old. Therefore, when the name Felicity meant next to nothing to Kaya, he was a bit intrigued by the structure of her family.

Crixus filed away the information about Kaya’s former mate for later pondering. He did wonder what had gone wrong between the pair, but didn’t think it the time to ask, really, so he simply listened to what information she supplied. It didn’t really matter, anyway. “Mmm, she was young. No more than three, I’d wager. She was well mannered, and looked fit. Our meeting was brief.”

May 18, 2018 10:00 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya interest was captured when Crixus provided a few words of praise. Fit, well mannered. Well, that put her squarely ahead of Bianca in that instance. Her ears twitched in thought. “I should like to meet her. I hope she takes you up on your offer, and if you do encounter her again, you may pass along my name.” She was interested to see if some of her family were worthwhile. “Her brothers, too, could be promising. A Silvano could make it a long way in this world, especially one not raised with Lorzeno’s inept brand of leadership. Did she mention their names, her brothers?”

May 18, 2018 10:10 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus gave a single nod at Kaya’s words, silently assuring her that he would indeed pass on her name should he encounter Felicity again. He had expected a visit before now, so wasn’t terribly hopeful that it would happen, but it was a harmless promise to make anyway.

His ears twitched at further information about Lorenzo, but Kaya was asking about the brothers, then, and he paused to think. “She did,” he said. “Felix and Forrest Silvano.” It had been easy to remember, if only because of the rhythm of Felicity’s voice when she spoke them.

He stretched lightly, tilting his head. “What about your Lorenzo made him such a poor leader?” he asked.

May 18, 2018 10:22 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya looked thoughtful. “Felix and Forrest. I shall remember.” She would, too. Kaya had a very, very long memory. She never forgot a wolf or a face, her mental faculties sharp and intact, part of what made her so formidable.

She never forgot a wolf who had wronged her.

She lifted an upper lip to flash a fang, but it was clear the gesture was not directed at Crixus in the slightest, merely her disapproval of her ex mate. “At first, I had high hopes for him - or I would not have settled in his pack, nor later agreed to take him as a mate and produce his heirs. He commanded a great number of wolves, and he had the charm and the fortitude to so do successfully. But as time wore on, as the holes in his leadership became apparent, he blamed others instead of himself. He grew greedy, he grew careless. The power went to his head. He was responsible for hunting unsuitable food sources, the entire decline of a once powerful pack - and all those who lived knew it, began to see him for who he was. Perhaps I ought to have let the boldest of them simply kill him. But I was the obvious choice for leadership once he was displaced, and I had to assert myself to begin the pack on a fresh start. He doesn’t know it, but he owes his miserable life to me.”

May 18, 2018 10:41 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He didn’t doubt that Kaya would remember the names. They were likely more significant to her than to him, after all, but her mention of the possibility of bringing them in as pack members had potential.

He turned his head to watch Kaya’s face while she spoke of her mate. Er, ex-mate. He had some inkling that he could learn from Lorenzo’s mistakes, and was self-aware enough to realize that he, too, could fall into some of them. Of course, Crixus had to be altogether better than Lorenzo, he was sure, so it wouldn’t happen. He would be an excellent leader.

His lip curled in a humorous smirk at her last sentence. “So merciful, Kaya,” he mused. “I will say again, I am pleased to have you here. Your experience is invaluable.”

May 19, 2018 01:47 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She shook her head, faintly amused. “I didn’t go it out of mercy. Our mating was one of convenience, not love. Sparing him was my first task as the new alpha, to prove to the pack I was worth following.” She stretched, and a smirk hinted around her muzzle. “Flattery will get you everywhere.” She observed, her aqua-coloured eyes glittering. “Come, let us go fishing, unless you’d like to regale me with tales of more long lost relatives.”

But she felt the same way. If only Jacqueline might agree to join them - or another few like-minded wolves. Then, they would really have the makings of greatness.

May 19, 2018 11:37 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.